Bitcoin Forum
August 26, 2024, 10:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners  (Read 48995 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

Thank you all for your support and attention. A4 belongs to all of you. After the A4 Dominator comes out, we will offer a A2 Terminator and Farmboy miner replacement program so that our loyal customers can continue to benefit. The A4 Dominator will continue the A2 Terminator legacy in serving our mining community!

Thank you.
Innosilicon Marketing
www.innosilicon.com

Holy crap! Totally missed this...

I wonder if this promise will be fulfilled like the A4 open source software promise...

Thanks for your kindness! We've decided to open source the software after internal discussion. Please stay tuned.
googamooga99@yahoo.com

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:33:34 PM

Has anyone set their miners up for outside remote access other than through RDP type connection to another computer on the network? How did you set up password protection? Newbie Linux user here. Thanks, G
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:24:12 AM

Thank you all for your support and attention. A4 belongs to all of you. After the A4 Dominator comes out, we will offer a A2 Terminator and Farmboy miner replacement program so that our loyal customers can continue to benefit. The A4 Dominator will continue the A2 Terminator legacy in serving our mining community!

Thank you.
Innosilicon Marketing
www.innosilicon.com

Holy crap! Totally missed this...

I wonder if this promise will be fulfilled like the A4 open source software promise...

Thanks for your kindness! We've decided to open source the software after internal discussion. Please stay tuned.

Yea I had forgotten this as well, I hope they open source something, this new cgminer on the A4s makes me sad, still dont have mine all upgraded to batch 3 yet.
shesh

Has anyone set their miners up for outside remote access other than through RDP type connection to another computer on the network? How did you set up password protection? Newbie Linux user here. Thanks, G

Well just taking a stab your a long way off from an easy answer, unless there directly connected to the internet which would be pretty bad since everyone knows the default passwords and such, they will be behind a firewall of some kind which you will need forward ports, or setup and use VPNs . I use a VPN to connect back to my network where I can get to whatever I need to.

Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:27:25 AM

At this point I think Bitmain L3 is by far a better option, even though I wanted to buy A4...

_
LabaDaba

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:47:15 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 06:26:07 AM by LabaDaba

At this point I think Bitmain L3 is by far a better option, even though I wanted to buy A4...

If you wanna mine smaller crapcoins A4 is better, for large block mono-coins L3 will be better.
googamooga99@yahoo.com

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:14:04 PM

Thanks mjgraham. I'll probably just end up doing that.

G
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:46:42 PM

Is it possible to replace the fans with more silent ones? What are the specs for those fans?
Thank you!
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:48:10 PM

Is it possible to replace the fans with more silent ones? What are the specs for those fans?
Thank you!

Basic 12V fan, CFM: 200 or greater. Currently it uses the 2-wire, so runs at 100%. You can use the speed control if you have one of those boards which measures temps.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:27:40 PM

Anyone know how to login/password protect the miner interface?
I moved my A4's to datacenter and need to find a way to secure access to the GUI.
Is there a way to "route" the miner ethernet through a small server to provide access control but still allow the miners to hit the internet for pool access?
Also, it would be nice if the "small server" could be something like a Raspberry pi, rather than a brick type server.
What about putting a "router" inbetween the external ethernet and A4's, could that restrict access but still allow me to "login" somewhere to get to the GUI?

Looking for options.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:11:12 PM

Anyone know how to login/password protect the miner interface?
I moved my A4's to datacenter and need to find a way to secure access to the GUI.
Is there a way to "route" the miner ethernet through a small server to provide access control but still allow the miners to hit the internet for pool access?
Also, it would be nice if the "small server" could be something like a Raspberry pi, rather than a brick type server.
What about putting a "router" inbetween the external ethernet and A4's, could that restrict access but still allow me to "login" somewhere to get to the GUI?

Looking for options.

lots of ways to do this, I just put the A4 on a range other than the standard range is one way to mask it from being found from standard ip scans.

You could put a router in between to separate the networks you would have to establish a VPN connection to that router to get to your miner which requires additional settings in your primary router to be configured to allow that vpn connection.

The a2's had this same issue, wish someone would have made up something to secure their settings from tampering in the web GUI
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:13:45 PM

I was hoping there was a way to put a login page in front of the existing GUI.
Friend of mine suggested sending a home-router to the datacenter along with a PI. That would put the PI and A4's on a private network behind the router.
Then configure VPN tunnels to access the PI with  port forwarding. I don't really understand this part of how this works though.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:27:50 PM

I was hoping there was a way to put a login page in front of the existing GUI.
Friend of mine suggested sending a home-router to the datacenter along with a PI. That would put the PI and A4's on a private network behind the router.
Then configure VPN tunnels to access the PI with  port forwarding. I don't really understand this part of how this works though.

Correct, this will work but requires the front end router to forward the ports to the 2nd router so you would have to use custom ports for a pptp server would be easiest.

This is all considered to be advanced networking though and if you don't have access to the front end router or have someone who could forward the ports for you, it eliminates this option.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:34:30 PM

Honestly you arent going to find a datacenter that will let you put your own router on their network. That is just a big no no. If it is secured in the datacenter why are you so worried about it? IF you are that paranoid just talk to whoever you signed your hosting contract with and get them to put in writing they will pay for lost revenue if somehow the account information gets changed.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:52:56 PM

Honestly you arent going to find a datacenter that will let you put your own router on their network. That is just a big no no. If it is secured in the datacenter why are you so worried about it? IF you are that paranoid just talk to whoever you signed your hosting contract with and get them to put in writing they will pay for lost revenue if somehow the account information gets changed.
Im worried about it because if they expose my A4 on the internet, anyone anywhere can change the config.
If they don't expose it, then I have no way to monitor the boards to see if anything died, or to change the pool.
mjgraham

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:52:41 PM

I see two plans here depending on what you have access to.

If you can get an static IP at the data center you would need another PC or router and switch to bridge between you can the miners. You could set up and VPN on the router you could connect to and have access to the network behind them.

If your miners just get a private IP and you don't get the ability to set up anything else , if you had a static IP or at least something you could use a dynamic DNS on the outside you could set the miners to use say OpenVPN and have it start, each miner open a VPN to the outside world where you could connect to it as well.

And you could combined them if you could add a switch and router but don't get a outside IP then you can have the router build a VPN to an outside device and go from there.

Maybe this helps some, kind done a little of both.

usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:23:50 PM

The datacenter ended up allowing a separate router with private VPN, so I can VPN into the router and reach the rigs.
mjgraham

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:21:19 AM

Cool that is nice, I just wish I could get mine updated to Batch 3.. these units are driving me nuts!

Eyedol-X

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:01:02 AM

Cool that is nice, I just wish I could get mine updated to Batch 3.. these units are driving me nuts!

Hopefully we see some updates soon. The Chinese holiday ended on February 4th so they have been back in office at least 4 full days now.
mjgraham

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:27:06 AM

I hope so to, they did reply said whoever had the jig now was having to make repairs to it and it would be a while,  already a month later than expected, the batch 3 boards I do have work better but still not happy , made some hardware mods and some software mods as well to make it a little better but still no where like they claimed.

They said they still are not sure on letting the driver code out, so I guess we will chug along with what we got.

I don't understand the thought to make the machines reboot in a stratum disconnect.

Eyedol-X

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:12:10 PM

I hope so to, they did reply said whoever had the jig now was having to make repairs to it and it would be a while,  already a month later than expected, the batch 3 boards I do have work better but still not happy , made some hardware mods and some software mods as well to make it a little better but still no where like they claimed.

They said they still are not sure on letting the driver code out, so I guess we will chug along with what we got.

I don't understand the thought to make the machines reboot in a stratum disconnect.

From my observation they have a script that reboots the Pi any time it see's 1 Get Failure.

I haven't had time to chase/find it yet though but I can confirm it does it consistently.

I've got a 3rd A4 cube coming that is supposed to be batch 3. Hopefully that gamble pays off when they fix the stability issues.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: