Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:28:58 AM

Gambling is all a trick.  People think that because they can make money quick and that because they have a strategy, they will be able to beat the dds and that is just not true.  To many people I know have wasted so much in gambling and have nothing to show for their mistakes. 
If you can trick on gambling the result maybe lose again no one gan bet gambling websites and off course they are making money for every people who are playing with it if you want really quick money then rob a bank there always a quick money there in gambling there are no smart strategy and you always get lose.

Making profits  and aiming for  stable  income on gambling is  not possible as you said  we cant trick  the gambling  house  itself  in fact   they are tricking  us to make  money and thats the essence  of  gambling site at all since it was  an investments  of  the owners  and  no owner would  intend to give free money.  Strategies are not  possible  on this  kind  of  field.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:33:40 AM

yah play games on pc is very good and it was free, but there will be a sensation in itself if you're gambling. perhaps it makes people become addicted to gambling. besides the gambling game, everyone compete and try their luck, and if you feel lucky most big, maybe you'll win in that game. Well, maybe because it was a gamble that make people always addicted

I think it's a completely different thing. Computer games and gambling doesn't have the same appealing. Games offer pleasure for the game itself, and in gambling it's all about the risk and trying to get some profit. I like both computer games and gambling, and for completely different reasons. I won't say I'm addicted to any of those things, but the pleasure I got from any of them have different sources.
obviously different, because computer games simply can not make money (no challenge) while gambling could generate money (here was the challenge that will become addicted). thus then automatically everything that has the challenge there will be a risk.  Grin
Computer games and online games also have money involve like COC, if you want to buy some coins then you need to have more gem so you need to buy with your money, and for me that is also risky then you just want to buy some of the store but in reality you didn't get it personaly which is for me its not good, so every time I play online games, I really don't want to use my money as long as I know that, that is not worth it.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:31:06 AM

yah play games on pc is very good and it was free, but there will be a sensation in itself if you're gambling. perhaps it makes people become addicted to gambling. besides the gambling game, everyone compete and try their luck, and if you feel lucky most big, maybe you'll win in that game. Well, maybe because it was a gamble that make people always addicted

I think it's a completely different thing. Computer games and gambling doesn't have the same appealing. Games offer pleasure for the game itself, and in gambling it's all about the risk and trying to get some profit. I like both computer games and gambling, and for completely different reasons. I won't say I'm addicted to any of those things, but the pleasure I got from any of them have different sources.
obviously different, because computer games simply can not make money (no challenge) while gambling could generate money (here was the challenge that will become addicted). thus then automatically everything that has the challenge there will be a risk.  Grin
Computer games and online games also have money involve like COC, if you want to buy some coins then you need to have more gem so you need to buy with your money, and for me that is also risky then you just want to buy some of the store but in reality you didn't get it personaly which is for me its not good, so every time I play online games, I really don't want to use my money as long as I know that, that is not worth it.
At least that only involves a small amount of money, it is pretty different in gambling as you need to have a bigger bankroll and the outcome of your game is so fast, try to play in dice and even if you have thousand of dollars you can lose that amount even in a matter of minutes.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:02:02 PM

Gambling is fun for someone who is gambling if they are winning but when they are starting to lose everything they are starting to panic on how will they going to take it back and this is the beginning of the gambling addiction. Because of this desire, a gambler is not thinking straight anymore, what only matters to him is that he will going to take back whatever he loss no matter what, that's why it is hard for someone to stop this kind of person in this kind of situation. A gambler will not able to sleep well in the night because he is always thinking on how he is going to win tomorrow, that's why addiction occurs in gambling.
gambling is full of mysteries. there are supportive and some are refused. all were handed over to the gambler. all the risks in gambling should be considered carefully. but if we lose it here was the danger. a gambler will seek all means to get his money back. and how inappropriate that we must avoid.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:48:06 PM

but if we lose it here was the danger. a gambler will seek all means to get his money back. and how inappropriate that we must avoid.

That is not true for all gamblers and we should not keep generalizing those concepts as they bring a bad reputation to gamble. I do it from times to times. I don't even keep track of my progress because I don't intend to be a professional gambler, so I enjoy it because I like to test my skills and luck. I lose some as I know I'm suppose to, and I win some when I get lucky, so I don't chase my losses, and many gamblers do exactly the same I guess.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:02:55 AM

but if we lose it here was the danger. a gambler will seek all means to get his money back. and how inappropriate that we must avoid.

That is not true for all gamblers and we should not keep generalizing those concepts as they bring a bad reputation to gamble. I do it from times to times. I don't even keep track of my progress because I don't intend to be a professional gambler, so I enjoy it because I like to test my skills and luck. I lose some as I know I'm suppose to, and I win some when I get lucky, so I don't chase my losses, and many gamblers do exactly the same I guess.
Majority of the gamblers cannot afford what they lose in gambling and that would lead them to chase there bets, maybe for others it would be easy for them to let go of their loses as they are gambling solely for entertainment. Sometimes it is really hard to control your emotions so you will end up doing a stupid decision.
Legendaris

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 04:14:24 AM

I like to gamble and keep on gambing when I am on a winning strike. Whenever I lose more then 3 games I sad but not more 3 days I wake up again. I am out. But when I am winning, it's hard for me to stop. Gambilng make me can't stop if win or lose.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 04:33:02 AM

I like to gamble and keep on gambing when I am on a winning strike. Whenever I lose more then 3 games I sad but not more 3 days I wake up again. I am out. But when I am winning, it's hard for me to stop. Gambilng make me can't stop if win or lose.

Yes you're right, I feel the same as you. If the I lost I want to gamble again with the aim of restoring the victory, and if I win I will gamble again because I hope to get the same victory. But I was still able to overcome it and stop betting when my deposit has been exhausted. Maybe that causes a person to become addicted on gambling.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 04:55:11 AM

That's already near addiction if you cannot stop and when you stop you feel like you are sick or you're going to get sick... So your winning which gives you an  overwhelming reaction is what ties you from gambling... Probably that's where gambling find your weakness... I think gambling is like that, just like other temptations, it finds your sweet spot...  Smiley
mileymatmun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:08:13 AM

Personally, investing is more effective than gambling. I am not talking about some Ponzi scheme. What i want to mention here is investing in some real project, ICO, etc. Why? Because it does not base on luck ,it denpends on how smart you are, how much knowledge you have. So if you are an intelligent person, you will gain a lot of profits
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:21:53 AM

Yes you're right, I feel the same as you. If the I lost I want to gamble again with the aim of restoring the victory, and if I win I will gamble again because I hope to get the same victory. But I was still able to overcome it and stop betting when my deposit has been exhausted. Maybe that causes a person to become addicted on gambling.
it's just part of gambling effect , you couldn't stop easily to play once you get addicted like that. no matter what purpose you are gambling , in most case people fall in love with gambling due it's the most fun way to make money this is the beginning of your addiction.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
mileymatmun

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:49:19 AM

Because when people started lose money there, they wanna bet more to get the loss back, but most of them failed and keep losing, like me, damn i was good at gambling, but after big losses on trading altcoin, i had bad luck on gambling now. I can't win now, what a tragedy.
Report to moderator 
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:23:42 AM

Because when people started lose money there, they wanna bet more to get the loss back, but most of them failed and keep losing, like me, damn i was good at gambling, but after big losses on trading altcoin, i had bad luck on gambling now. I can't win now, what a tragedy.
Report to moderator 

Maybe for the first time it is tolerable but when you do that from time to time then you are in danger of losing a big amount of money. You cannot do that as without discipline or lack of discipline in gambling it will lead you to bankruptcy.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:39:08 AM

it's just part of gambling effect , you couldn't stop easily to play once you get addicted like that. no matter what purpose you are gambling , in most case people fall in love with gambling due it's the most fun way to make money this is the beginning of your addiction.
Yes, literally all gamblers fall in love with gambling for unknown reasons. They are getting their brain functioning to fade away to think about anything else other than keep on gambling. The attraction towards gambling is completely meaningless still every gambler gets that, may be with the reason of having faith to make their life's fortunes.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:22:17 AM

Yes, literally all gamblers fall in love with gambling for unknown reasons. They are getting their brain functioning to fade away to think about anything else other than keep on gambling. The attraction towards gambling is completely meaningless still every gambler gets that, may be with the reason of having faith to make their life's fortunes.
everytime they lost , they always expect to get a win on the next one but everything gone unexpectedly everytime. they just get more lost instead to have a winning after losing streaks , this losing in gambling is like deja vu. you experienced it not for once or twice but it's happened all th etime and it's called addicted in the end.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:27:55 AM

everytime they lost , they always expect to get a win on the next one but everything gone unexpectedly everytime. they just get more lost instead to have a winning after losing streaks , this losing in gambling is like deja vu. you experienced it not for once or twice but it's happened all th etime and it's called addicted in the end.

all of those things thing is indeed expected to everyone. but keep in mind that they do gambling in a very stupid and greedy, it can provide their addiction. because at first they wanted victory, but after they get it they have a greater desire and so on
markisanon2434

Dapps will be the game changer

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:29:23 AM

Gambling is so damn addictive because that is how the human brain works. Not just gambling it can be other things such as drugs, sex, violence, etc. Someone who has deep understanding in the field of  Neuroscience should be able to say why. I saw a video sometime ago which shows that the brain activity is different for people who are addicted in something. In fact, it's different for serial killers, criminals and normal humans. Being addicted to something means, they need it so damn badly that it's hard to say no to it. It takes so much determination and focus to break free from addictions.

bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:06:34 AM

In normal matters we loose and give up that thing considering not good way of making money. Gambling is where even if someone loose always watch only positive side and keep hoping he will win some day. That thing makes gambling addicted you winning or loosing just keep sticking in hope of good. This is strange thing you loose but don't give up in gambling.
doraemon1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:54:09 AM

Human beings have different forms of addiction in day to day life. Everyone is addicted to an activity that he or she obtains pleasure while doing it. Some are addicted to cigarettes while others are addicted to beer. Some are addicted to sex while others are addicted to gambling. Therefore, it is the pleasure that is obtained while gambling that makes people be addicted to it.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:14:50 AM

Human beings have different forms of addiction in day to day life. Everyone is addicted to an activity that he or she obtains pleasure while doing it. Some are addicted to cigarettes while others are addicted to beer. Some are addicted to sex while others are addicted to gambling. Therefore, it is the pleasure that is obtained while gambling that makes people be addicted to it.

Any addiction has consequences too though, when being done incorrectly. Gambling can be the worst activity you can do if you're not taking enough care of your money. It's about your money, and you can lose it as easy as it is to click a button. A split second and it's done. Maybe it's one of the worst addictions you can have if you cannot control it.
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: