Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:47:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184770 times)
LyQaN

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

you can't actually encourage someone or tell them to accept because you feel it's right,what you can do is to introduce them with technology ,rest it is upon them whether they wanna use this stuff or not because business is all about profit and if they think aren't getting any margins from it they will not continue it,also bitcoin is not treated as legal tender in many many places, it can also be reason that they only wanna be stick to traditional methods,which are already established.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:56:34 AM

you can't actually encourage someone or tell them to accept because you feel it's right,what you can do is to introduce them with technology ,rest it is upon them whether they wanna use this stuff or not because business is all about profit and if they think aren't getting any margins from it they will not continue it,also bitcoin is not treated as legal tender in many many places, it can also be reason that they only wanna be stick to traditional methods,which are already established.
In our country  there are provider that alow as pay in of electronics wallet where you can pay only in FIAT but readily can transform BTC to Fiat you pay electric bills , water bills and Others

futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:51:44 PM

In order for that to happen for me i think the government should take part on supporting bitcoin as well so that local businesses will be assured to the new type of currency they will soon to accept and use, another one is by getting backed by most banks especially the one's that is run by the government or international bank.
Legalization is no doubt the first thing which needs to be done if we really want to regulate bitcoin in local market as well as making more people aware of it. The ones who are sitting in the local business market are not that much educated. So it is really a difficult thing to make them explain this concept of bitcoin and digital money. Moreover, they will not agree to what all we will say to them till the time they don’t see it legal.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:34:17 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
Just like the fiduciary money the BTC will first have to go through the probation of trust, ie it is not enough just to have a very high value people have to trust in it and fleece as a form of money.

This first barrier of trust is slowly breaking, we already have big companies that accept payments in BITCOIN like Microsoft, Expedia and even the Paypal Hub that already receives in the currency, not counting several online sales sites that already receive through him.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:54:52 AM

For me we need to legalized as a local currency for our country so that they think they will accept bitcoin for investment but i believe that bitcoin are accept in our country or all over the world we need to show them that bitcoin business growth in months and years passed by.
Maybe we should stop talking about all these legalization and mind our own business on Bitcoin, and stop drawing much of the government’s attention into this. Just recently, I read an article on Cointelegraph that says that the Bank Of France Governor has said that Bitcoin is not a Currency and neither is it a Cryptocurrency, and whosoever is involved should do so at their own risk. I was happy they said people should do so at their own risk, and not find a way to ban or stop Bitcoin, because it would have been worse if they ban it.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:32:48 PM

it may difficult to persuade someone to accept bitcoin in local market specially for those businessman who are not aware that bitcoin exist and how much its value. but maybe commercial advertisement on tv newspaper and social media can make things possible. giving some discount will be additional points

francis2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:17:21 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
They are going to do this when they are ready, bitcoin is not ready yet, the fees are very high and the network is slow so there is not a reason for merchants to adopt bitcoin but that is going to change.
charlie_cutie2002

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:13:08 AM

I think we can encourage them if we show them the benefits and the profits that they can possibly get from bitcoin. Explained and Taught them about bitcoin if they were never been heard.
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:06:14 AM

I don't think local business to be encouraged to accept Bitcoin. Practically saying I am having my own building material shop I have purchased in one price and fixed my margin and ready sell and need to pay the supplier payment daily / weekly / monthly mode assume I sell getting bitcoin if the price goes up everybody happy if bitcoin in correction mode what will happen and the transaction fee also matter. So it is not easy to pull in business persons payment in bitcoin. We need to do some arrangement on studying this things to rectify then only bitcoin will accepted in local business.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
tmaleha

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:02:39 AM

We should not hesitate to accept the truth based on the facts. It is very difficult to the local business to accept payment in bitcoin due to the price fluctuation only. Transaction fees and the rate factor to be considered and solved then we expect the whole world will accept bitcoin in their day to day life it is for sure.
Bakukang

Activity: 151

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:17:03 PM

Could not easily promote bitcoins to be used in local businesses.It must be first introduced properly so that businessmen will learn how bitcoin works and how easy to transact with it.

btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:26:34 PM

for me this action will only make them more aloof into
crypto the more were trying to attract them the more they denied
it,lets just wait until they finally realize whats the importance of
this community to their business..what we need to do ia continue
help crypto to progress by advertising to our social media account
what is this and what can benefits them

Bakukang

Activity: 151

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

Could not easily promote bitcoins to be used in local businesses.It must be first introduced properly so that businessmen will learn how bitcoin works and how easy to transact with it.

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:24:12 PM

In order for that to happen for me i think the government should take part on supporting bitcoin as well so that local businesses will be assured to the new type of currency they will soon to accept and use, another one is by getting backed by most banks especially the one's that is run by the government or international bank.
I agree with you, apparently government support is what these businesses need as its the only way that will assure local businesses that accepting bitcoin will not put them in any sort of trouble with the authories(Law) as cryptos will be legalized to use.
If more countries replicate the manner in which Japan handled the whole idea of regulating cryptos, cryptocurrencies should start to boom all around the world.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:19:40 PM

We should not hesitate to accept the truth based on the facts. It is very difficult to the local business to accept payment in bitcoin due to the price fluctuation only. Transaction fees and the rate factor to be considered and solved then we expect the whole world will accept bitcoin in their day to day life it is for sure.
The most of the people who are sitting there in the local market are not that much well-educated and are unaware if the word of bitcoin even. The first thing which you need to do in order to get the positive results is that you need to make them aware of this thing. You need to tell them about bitcoin and the advantages of keeping bitcoin in as simple words as you can. This will greatly influence them.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:32:18 PM

Before it is not but now that bitcoin has been heard on the mainstream medias and people keep on talking about cryptocurrencies, it's easy to advertise and encourage people who are engaging with local businesses. They are interested because the value of bitcoin is already $13,000 and that is making sense for real investors and businessmen. All they think is profit so bitcoin will be profitable to them and will catch their attentions.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:50:40 PM

I think to push local businesses to accept bitcoin on the area the government should legalize bitcoin. Because if bitcoin became legal there certainly local businesses feel safe to accept bitcoin. In addition bitcoin should have a lot to ease adoption. You also have to convince if accept bitcoin will have benefits for the local business.
Yes I agree. Actually it was the first step, the government must legalize first bitcoin in the country. So it will be more accomodating to use for the local businesses. We need to be true, that when the time come that bitcoin become legal to a particular country surely they will put tax on it. Aside from that you should also need to explain to your prospect business the advantage of using BTC as a payment.

We really do need to put in some efforts of we want to have things according to our choice. Encouraging the local business market traders is really a tough thing to do as they are not that much learned and it will be very much difficult to make them understand about this concept. We need to keep on telling them in as simple words as we can. Moreover, the role of government and international market carries a significant importance in this aspect.

youngagethinker

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:19:32 AM

Local Retailers are difficult to be convinced, my only suggestion is that maybe you should let them try Bitcoin Transacting. For Example: introduce them a secured wallet site where they are going to put the amount of Bitcoin, But First Make a Demonstration on how is it able to process in Legit way.

I think you should target local Retailers who Has Advertisement Through Internet because if they are your First costumer and your Plan runs smoothly and would be successful then it is easy to convince others retailers also.

It's not that they are not easy to convince. Imagine an owner of a store that is 30 plus years old and you told and explain to him the BTC or the blockchain, the disadvantage is that he tried so many others business and he failed many times over and he might think that he will fail again. It's hard to pushed the blockchain to them because they grew up in the traditional system. Culture comes first or so they say. Their mindset is on traditional system and it's hard for them to adopt another system.

arief89

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:55:14 AM

we must introduce the bitcoin first to the local entrepreneurs, because by introducing bitcoin to local entrepreneurs they will understand. After understanding, then we offer to accept payment using bitcoin and tell how to run it ...

sdas90

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:55:43 AM

I think that we should stop talking about all these legalization and mind our own business on Bitcoin. you can't actually encourage someone  tell them to accept because you feel it's right. but you should  to introduce them with technology . they will not continue it,also bitcoin is not treated as legal tender in many many places.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: