Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:39:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
gameofthronne

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:38:19 AM

The first thing you need to do is introduce bitcoin to the local because there are still many people that know how and what is bitcoin is. How to encourage people if they don't even know how to use bitcoin ? After they know bitcoin, you can tell them the benefits of using bitcoin
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:57:36 AM

Explaining them the benefits of bitcoin that can help in their businesses for example as a payment method that can increase because of the price value.We all know its a long due process but somehow somewhere in the near future everbody would appreciate the importance of bitcoin.
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:58:24 PM

I think it's simple to encourage local businesses to accept Bitcoin now a days. Because crypto world use different strategy like social internet and media too. If you are a local business you need to evolve too like Bitcoin and other alternative coins as well. It's a demand to upgrade technology to sustain your online business for a future references. Simple, you need to evolve to survive.
It's not simple to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin even for today. Not all of them are educated about modern technology and some are still skeptic about bitcoin. Although if the country or government your living in has approved the usage of bitcoin then that's a good initiative for anyone to start a conversation on a businessman about bitcoin and he'll take it lightly but seriously since it was advised.

For me, if you encourage a local business that is not educated like you've said in previous comment. It's totally problematic in the first place. Why you create or build local business if you are not educated in that particular business. Now a days, it almost 80 percent of local business use technology like computer and many more. So don't target those not educated because they will not understand it. I said it's simple cause if they are connected in internet they will easily understand it because of many facts about bitcoin.
Making someone aware of this technical concept of bitcoin to the one who is not that much good academically is really a difficult thing to do. You really need to put in lot of efforts in order to make them aware of the bitcoin and how this all work.

Till the time, they will not be knowing about bitcoin, they will never ever go for acceptance of bitcoin. After that you can motivate them to start accepting bitcoins.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

Explaining them the benefits of bitcoin that can help in their businesses for example as a payment method that can increase because of the price value.We all know its a long due process but somehow somewhere in the near future everbody would appreciate the importance of bitcoin.

We need to teach them about bitcoin and it's uses , it is one of the great way to encourage the local shops and also we need to tell about how to exchange ,sell, buy, and trade online currencies it give them a good hope about online currencies .

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

Nowadays, the bitcoin became more popular and even some other businesses adopted bitcoin and accept this as one of the mode of payment and it is making us to easy encourage the local businesses to accept BTC, just like my neighbor who had a small store in our village, she is now accepting BTC due to it's popularity and the fast rising of it's price.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
avi007

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:04:28 AM

We can encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin by explaining them the benefits of accepting bitcoin as a payment method in their business
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:07:05 AM

I think it's simple to encourage local businesses to accept Bitcoin now a days. Because crypto world use different strategy like social internet and media too. If you are a local business you need to evolve too like Bitcoin and other alternative coins as well. It's a demand to upgrade technology to sustain your online business for a future references. Simple, you need to evolve to survive.
It's not simple to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin even for today. Not all of them are educated about modern technology and some are still skeptic about bitcoin. Although if the country or government your living in has approved the usage of bitcoin then that's a good initiative for anyone to start a conversation on a businessman about bitcoin and he'll take it lightly but seriously since it was advised.

For me, if you encourage a local business that is not educated like you've said in previous comment. It's totally problematic in the first place. Why you create or build local business if you are not educated in that particular business. Now a days, it almost 80 percent of local business use technology like computer and many more. So don't target those not educated because they will not understand it. I said it's simple cause if they are connected in internet they will easily understand it because of many facts about bitcoin.
Making someone aware of this technical concept of bitcoin to the one who is not that much good academically is really a difficult thing to do. You really need to put in lot of efforts in order to make them aware of the bitcoin and how this all work.

Till the time, they will not be knowing about bitcoin, they will never ever go for acceptance of bitcoin. After that you can motivate them to start accepting bitcoins.

Everyone is starting from scratch if he's not that much knowledgeable in such concepts like in bitcoin. Putting too much effort will be worth it when the right time comes. But with what you said that they will never ever accept bitcoin? That's the big doubt that I'm thinking for now when someone is saying this without basis without any positive mentally, you really can't encourage a business or individual.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
yolucky

Activity: 150

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:12:59 AM

Target single industry, find out the current pain points in that business and explain how accepting Bitcoin can address those pain points. All the best! Keep sharing your knowledge as you progress. Thanks
hnsq1

Activity: 105
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:10:53 AM

We just need to encourage them to use the bitcoin more and more, I'm pretty sure that we can encourage them by motivating them and tell them they can make profit and can accept it easily.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:25:49 AM

Many business owners and entrepreneurs has no enough knowledge in cryptocurrency and others has even zero understanding on how bitcoin works as an online currency. They need to educate them first and explain how the use of bitcoin would benefit their businesses in many ways. But you must also inform them the risks of using bitcoin and how to manage it to avoid those risks that associated with bitcoin like price volatility and hacking.    
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:25:10 PM

Many business owners and entrepreneurs has no enough knowledge in cryptocurrency and others has even zero understanding on how bitcoin works as an online currency. They need to educate them first and explain how the use of bitcoin would benefit their businesses in many ways. But you must also inform them the risks of using bitcoin and how to manage it to avoid those risks that associated with bitcoin like price volatility and hacking.    

If we try to introduce btc some local business that are not familiar with it may find that btc is a scam. Nevertheless, there are still lots of ways wherein they can learn to adopt this new trend. It can be done with the help of the right people to explain to them. Maybe send them to a business orientation seminars and then maybe there is a part that btc will be introduced. And who knows even small business will accept BTC as payment for their goods or services.
neolite

Activity: 206
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:26:10 PM

In order to encourage local business to accept bitcoin, the first thing we should do is the fee issue. No business would allow for every transaction a fee of ~ $ 20.

btcpara

Activity: 182
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:04:45 PM

encouraging local businesses to accept not only bitcoin but some other worthy cryptocurrency seems not to be so hard nowadays, it is due to the innovations and the influence of the information technology and the help it will bring to everyday's life.
for someone who can show the advantage of the information technology, he or she can easily encourage the business owner to accept or use bitcoin into his or her business.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

i would do it simple, tell them the advantages of bitcoin, the fact about very low or zero fee, and the fact that is less trouble some than fiat

you can also add that the payment and confirmation can be instant, if they ask about it, just need to work with an off chain system liek bitpay
Yes sir i follow your method. Firstly i discuss about bitcoin popularity and advantage over the world, then i inspire them about low fee of bitcoin and transaction method is so easy. I hope i will get their feedback.
I agree with you. We need to show them the value and advantages of bitcoin. Then we tell them how easily they can make profit by bitcoin. I also hope that they use bicoin and accept it cordially.
I believe that there is no way that you can force anyone for using this bitcoin or investing their money in order to have some bitcoins for himself.

You can only tell them about bitcoin in a way that you need to tell them all the advantages and plus points of investing in bitcoin as well as encouraging them for accepting of bitcoins. Till the time, you will not tell them in the best possible way about bitcoin, things will not change.
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:23:27 PM

The most important thing which we do need to do is to fist make them convince about this thing that bitcoin is really a beneficial thing and it has got number of advantages. This will not benefit or will work out in favor of bitcoin only, but it will be you who will be getting more benefit out of this. This will help you in having a very good amount of money and this is the thing which the modern world will be using.
goldexp83

Activity: 225

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:39:34 PM

I personally started to ask whenever I enter a shop if they accept Bitcoins! also whenever I talk to friends or meet new people!
I think for real adoption we need better UI for apps and wallets, as currently they are kinda hard to use for the average person (think about it, if your Grandma or Mum could be able to use it!)

komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

I personally started to ask whenever I enter a shop if they accept Bitcoins! also whenever I talk to friends or meet new people!
I think for real adoption we need better UI for apps and wallets, as currently they are kinda hard to use for the average person (think about it, if your Grandma or Mum could be able to use it!)
To be honest, which one I can not imagine at all. My mother and grandmother can not even handle the phone, because I do not really understand modern technologies. And already it is not necessary to talk about the crypto currency. Thus, I am sure that among the elderly population of the world, the crypto currency will not have a decent demand.
repsol

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:41:15 AM

I think it is not possible to apply bitcoin in local business because many countries have not legalized bitcoin, in my country I can not use bitcoin to transact because bitcoin is not yet legal in my country.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
tikong

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:16:50 AM

The only way you can encourage people to use bitcoin, is that it will grow with time. Because as a technology Bitcoin is no longer attractive and can not really improve the quality of life. This is indicated by his real problems with long processing of transactions and a large commission. Its network is not designed for such a large number of transactions.
turbospeedens

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:19:20 PM

I have a small detailing business, i started accepting bitcoin, even paid for some publicity about the fact that we accept bitcoin, but no one has even asked once, i think most people only want to HODL and not interested in using it.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: