Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184770 times)
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:26:29 PM

I have a small detailing business, i started accepting bitcoin, even paid for some publicity about the fact that we accept bitcoin, but no one has even asked once, i think most people only want to HODL and not interested in using it.
No doubt that everyone wants to hold and business owners will just finally seek bitcoin acceptance on their own will voluntarily. You guys doesn't need to wait for someone to encourage you to get into bitcoin but as long as you are already interested with it, you may start on your own.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:58:58 PM

I have a small detailing business, i started accepting bitcoin, even paid for some publicity about the fact that we accept bitcoin, but no one has even asked once, i think most people only want to HODL and not interested in using it.
Praise your efforts, if companies try to do this, then Bitcoin will be very popular. I think you should continue to encourage your customers to use bitcoin in the deal, which will benefit both the customer and you, more deeply and help the community use bitcoin spectrum, turns out that was a very good action you did. I think local governments should also have policies to assist people using bitcoins as a means of dealing.
AnotherBTCNoob

Activity: 318
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:52:07 PM

I haven't read all 80 + pages so I don't know how many times this has been raised already but many businesses who deal with tangible based goods couldn't possibly accept a currency that is like a rollercoaster. Adjusting the price of said products would mean so much variation to ensure their margins were maintained, for many small local businesses this just wouldn't work.
Condoriano

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:42:09 AM

You're doing a difficult job there. The only way to encourage people to accept bitcoin is to show then your earnings. It will also takes a bloody case studies and presentation/proposal just to show them the benefits and how they will earn through coins.

Victor Niobium

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:20:32 PM

TO local and small business start using bitcoin or another cryptocurrencies these currencies should have a less volatile value, so that the businessman would feel safer in using them.
TutorShow

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:52:13 PM

after number of unconfirmed transaction rise to 400,000 and fee expensive than normal transaction price we can’t encourage local  businesses to accept BTC. some altcoins is better than bitcoin like ripple, ether or other altcoin.
offline market can’t support this kinds of payment
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 12:07:40 AM

Right now we're low in number, so it's good to find a place where people are aware about bitcoin and then start accepting bitcoin on service rendered on those particular location could profit us. In specific online stores were the best business with bitcoin acceptance and in local we haven't reached such a level.
marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:41:10 AM

If you verbally approach to them using your tongue directly..they might just get confuse either mock you. Instead, encourage them by giving solid videos manifestting the advantages of Bitcoins.
214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:21:03 PM

I believe it will be valid in markets and similar places over time.
Well introducing bitcoin in the market is the best way to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin in the market, also maybe we need to explain the good and bad effect of bitcoin in the local because I think if they can't know that. They were scared to used bitcoin as cash for the future, so better to explain the more advantages of bitcoin.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:07:30 PM

I think social media can help a lot to spread out the benefits and advantages of bitcoin. If the local businesse know more about it,i think they will engage in bitcoin too. And if they have proof that bitcoin is real and trusted,then it will be easy to encourage them to enter in bitcoin world.They will see what will bitcoin brings to their businesses.

cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:37:35 AM

Nowadays, the bitcoin became more popular and even some other businesses adopted bitcoin and accept this as one of the mode of payment and it is making us to easy encourage the local businesses to accept BTC, just like my neighbor who had a small store in our village, she is now accepting BTC due to it's popularity and the fast rising of it's price.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:54:33 AM

Well, it is a long process since a lot of businessmen today are very intimidating when money matters count. Maybe, a good communication should at least be established with clear platform to be understood with both parties so that there will be no confusion at the end. I guess, there are already some business who are open in accepting BTC as payment. If BTC will be in the market, then it will be easier to transact businesses already and promoting BTC is also an easy task for everyone. But only, if all people will understood the trading investment everything will followed smoothly.

Bitcoin to the moon
Justin-Checqit
Copper Member

Activity: 8
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:10:13 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

Two words, Lightning Network. Right now it is functional and certain retailers are using it right now even though it is in beta testing phase. The hype is definitely palpable in the bitcoin world and i think that a lot of analysts and journalists were absolutely not and some still aren't taking this into consideration when evaluating bitcoin and spreading fear amongst the cryptocurrency community.

This is happening for the simple reason that they are not aware of it existing, but some are picking up on it and it'll only go forward from here, in journalism or in any analysis you certainly don't want to be the last one to news of this magnitude.

It is up to every retailer to set up their own Lightning network node, i strongly encourage you to read about the project of the lightning network and its different layers which is currently being pushed firmly into development of a new layer to make it scalable in the long term in a sort of contest throughout universities having access to the lightning network code. 

You can understand from this that the lightning network is designed specifically to address this retailer problem, the resulting consequences of installing a lightning network node in a business is of course reduced operating costs as well as faster transaction processing times.

CRYPTOBEX

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:02:30 PM

I agree its the new way to gain profit and make your company very popular these days, I really think its a hole in the market this days.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:05:04 AM

If we’re going to get more merchants to start accepting Bitcoin, we’re going to need to start explaining the benefits a bit better. Merchants will not accept Bitcoin unless they know that someone out there will use Bitcoin to purchase their goods or services. Merchants will not accept Bitcoin unless they know that someone out there will use Bitcoin to purchase their goods or services. Using bitcoin for purchases encourages mainstream adoption and will thusly contribute to the value of your long term holdings as well. Ultimately if no one is spending bitcoin, it won’t be worth anything as a store of value either.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:05:35 AM

Encouraging the local business in the acceptance of bitcoin is a very hard thing to do especially to those closed minded person. But we we try to explain the feature of bitcoin which is volatility and this is also a digital currency. Maybe they will like the idea.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:41:30 PM

It's not complicated. Just tell them you will only buy from them if they take bitcoin. I have convinced about 10 businesses to accept my bitcoin. Later this week I get a haircut from someone who agreed to take BTC. Want my money, then take my bitcoin. Bitcoin is "my" money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Leeeeeya

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

First of all we should tell them what bitcoins is and how it works and then explain it carefully and when you got their trust and starting to believe you, that's the time your bitcoins will be accepted.
Kenapsi

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:21:23 PM

People are generally afraid of the things that they don't understand. And in today's world, not giving a sh.t is a result of being afraid in my opinion.

So, if people understand the system more, they will be less afraid to get into it. Bitcoin seems to be a huge hype and people are wondering what it is but in today's term, without any governmental actions & regulations & stuff, people won't be interested into the stuff that speakers from Bitcoin world says.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:17:32 PM

It's not complicated. Just tell them you will only buy from them if they take bitcoin. I have convinced about 10 businesses to accept my bitcoin. Later this week I get a haircut from someone who agreed to take BTC. Want my money, then take my bitcoin. Bitcoin is "my" money.
Although it is not complicated but i think that still it is not so easy, specially in backward countries where the traders are mostly illiterate and they do not have enough knowledge about computer and internet, I think it will take a long time when the new generation investors and traders will get education and will taking interest in bitcoin. May be it will take more than decades.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: