Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
viollo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

By explaining how much exposure (media coverage) a business gets when starts accepting bitcoins...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joshuaberkowitz

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:08:13 PM

In my experience, if your going to go one by one and try to introduce them to BTCitcoin and explain how it works in order for them to accept payments of BTC , it would be really a lengthy process and you'll stop doing it before you start so the best suggestion I could make is either by making a mini seminar wherein you invite them altogether and talk about it and even show some of the YouTube videos that well known speakers of community are in and they cover almost everything... And in cases of online local businesses, you could try to send them a support ticket regarding the matter and I've had luck that they answered, "were already reviewing BTCitcoin payments and will consider it for the future" .

There has been success by us in Miami with meetups for newbies, smbs and general public. Most smbs near us simply don't understand how it can be beneficial to move into bitcoin or other and I honestly dont think it is for most smbs until the volatility stabilizes but good luck!
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:42:28 PM

Encouraging the local business in the acceptance of bitcoin is a very hard thing to do especially to those closed minded person. But we we try to explain the feature of bitcoin which is volatility and this is also a digital currency. Maybe they will like the idea.
That is too much important and is in favour of Bitcoin. Through this way bitcoin will become more stronger and more popular. Currently local businessmen are not taking more interest in bitcoin and the reason can be that still they do not have enough knowledge about bitcoin, i think they need proper knowledge about bitcoin, so that they can also start taking interest in bitcoin.
Owl129

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:44:44 PM

Bitcoin in our country is not that popular enough that even our local businesses would venture and explore. But a way to encourage them is to make bitcoin more popular in the country then explain everything about bitcoin all its advantages and benefits. This will make local businesses increase their investments and widen their business not just offline but also online since bitcoin is a cryptocurreny. There are lots of benefit bitcoin can give let us show them what are those and prove to them that bitcoin will give them postive outcomes for their business.

Trangngu

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:26:24 PM

I think the only problem of BTC is the lack of stable prices (its price up and down 1000-2000 $ is a story frequent). Furthermore BTC not optimal as ETH. if BTC solve this they will be the water and organizations in the world. but this requires BTC to innovative technology and this must be the consent of investors. this is difficult to happen for the sake of them. so story that BTC accepted payment is a hard work to trade-in both the money and time of thousands of people.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:07:32 PM

Bitcoin in our country is not that popular enough that even our local businesses would venture and explore. But a way to encourage them is to make bitcoin more popular in the country then explain everything about bitcoin all its advantages and benefits. This will make local businesses increase their investments and widen their business not just offline but also online since bitcoin is a cryptocurreny. There are lots of benefit bitcoin can give let us show them what are those and prove to them that bitcoin will give them postive outcomes for their business.
Exactly bitcoin has a lot of benefit for them and if they will explore bitcoin forum they will get to know bitcoin benefits in real life. It is not hard to encourage them if they are really a big and huge level businessman as now bitcoin is common all people are aware of bitcoin, bitcoin can be sue as side source of income for them if they will invest the spare money in bitcoin and then hold it for long time along with bitcoin a person can start some other business as well and it will support him in time of sudden crises.
emirkalyoncu

Activity: 256
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:55:03 PM

I think that is not possible right now as the price of bitcoin goes down business owners wil find it too risky and the price is flactuates too much.I think it is only possible if the owner is a trader himself.He could use that btc to make some moves on the market.
Konyox

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:49:57 AM

before we introduce bitcon into people, i think we should give them an explaining about bitcoin and we can give them an example of how to using bitcoin and make any transaction with easy. it should need hard work and there is no one can do without other people. so maybe you can make little group with your friends which using bitcoin and start to make a community and make meeting discussion group and ask people to join, then in that meeting group you can tell them about bitcoin. its really need hard work to do this but after you success, then people in your city will appreciate to you and make bitcoin as payment soon
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:45:42 AM

I think that is not possible right now as the price of bitcoin goes down business owners wil find it too risky and the price is flactuates too much.I think it is only possible if the owner is a trader himself.He could use that btc to make some moves on the market.

Right...he can be a trader. You can encourage the local business owner to take advantage on the flactuation of the bitcoin and other crypo currencies. He can trade the crypto currencies since the value today is still low.

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:00:48 PM

Yes you are right but we need to teach them to get into bitcoin because the world is moving so fast but many of us still don't about technologies and it's use so we need make awareness about bitcoin in all possible ways this is only way to encourage local businesses to get into bitcoin.
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:25:45 AM

Encouraging People are very difficult task for us but if we can explain properly what bitcoin really is, and what it uses and its beauty and purpose, I'm sure, we can attract them to join and invest in bitcoin. Also, all people only wants to earn money, want their business to grow and have more income. 
Katerina

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:09:12 AM

Perhaps, a good idea would be to give bitcoins to the development of a real business with the condition that the future company will be accept bitcoins as a payment for its services
AnotherBTCNoob

Activity: 318
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:54:29 PM

Kind of touched on already but convincing businesses of the benefits of BTC right now what with the current value and uncertainty wouldn't be wise!
ranz1123

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:58:12 AM

bitcoin in my country is doing great and it has a lot of benefits for example paying bills online remittances . banking / buying prepaid loads and recently they some restaurant are already listed and they are accepting bitcoin as a payment so much innovation is happening in bitcoin.
gentlesam07

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:35:21 AM

If the business is sending money to other country.
Than I think is good to tell them that Bitcoin is a solution because is faster and cheaper.

Making them see the change and how your trading life has bloomed over the years of use because local users will find it difficult to believe without testimonies.
rambi91

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
just outline the obvious for them, let them know that this is a possible route to grow larger incomes. For one example Credit card fees usually run around 2-3%, which can make a considerable dent in the profits of businesses operating on low margins, but with bitcoin, you can pay substantially lower fees (~ 1%) without needing a huge volume of transactions as leverage with the credit card company. And that’s only if you transfer your money back into local currency — if you keep in bitcoin, you can essentially avoid fees altogether and even invest at this current time to see a spike in turn  over.
deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:13:13 AM

I recognized this is the most important in the crypto world. My own store now accept BTC as a contribution to this revolution .
khalifa25

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:12:37 AM

For me if the government does not accept bitcoin or does not support it... it is very hard to convince local business to choose bitcoin as a currency is in my region, there is only one shop which allow use to pay the BITCOIN.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:15:28 AM

Right...he can be a trader. You can encourage the local business owner to take advantage on the flactuation of the bitcoin and other crypo currencies. He can trade the crypto currencies since the value today is still low.

I think in the present condition of bitcoin he might afraid because if he accepts payment he might need to learn basic things about trading. Without knowledge about trading it is suggestible for him to accept it. We need to educate him about the technology behind it.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:13:52 AM

For me if the government does not accept bitcoin or does not support it... it is very hard to convince local business to choose bitcoin as a currency is in my region, there is only one shop which allow use to pay the BITCOIN.

if your governments does not allow bitcoin , why there are still business that uses it?  maybe that can simply means that is is still posible for the people or business to use bitcoin even if the government doesnt believe it, infact there were also few countries like russia , south korea , china ,etc that bans bitcoin and other cryptos but most of the people from that country are still using it and they rather find ways in order to acces and trade bitcoin despite that it is restricted on their own country.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: