Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:16:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316309 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 03:15:55 PM

http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,551.msg6646.html#msg6646

page 41... not so far back as to be difficult to find?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:00:16 PM

N00b question. Is there anyway to move stocks between exchanges?

There is no automated service that does this.
Moving shares between exchanges is a very manual process.
Like Burnside said, you will either have to speak with the asset issuer OR find some one (like TradeFortress) willing to trade.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:01:54 PM

Some of the passthrus this is possible.  Passthrus on BTC-TC for assets on MPEx I think the operators will transfer to your MPEx account for instance.  Passthrus on BitFunder for assets on BTC-TC can likely be transferred to BTC-TC.  And some of the MPEx assets have passthrus on both BitFunder and BTC-TC, with the same issuer (GSDPT/S.Dice, DeaDTerra) so those issuers might be willing to work something out.  Bottom line is you have to contact the asset issuer and ask.

And there's always trading between users, ala:

Between exchanges? No. But if you have GSDPT shares and you want BitFunder shares, PM me (small fee).

Smiley
I will go BF-BTCT-MPEX any combinations for free Smiley
So just send me a Pm if you want to change where you have your shares.
//DeaDTerra
JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 02:21:06 AM

Feature requests:

Please add an indicator that shows when voting for a motion is done. Shareholders can tell because the voting buttons are there, but everybody else (especially the issuer) has to look at the dates.

Also, a way to edit a motion might be useful (with restrictions, of course).

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
Carnth

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:48:56 PM

This is only a small issue at the moment.

I just made a small BTC withdrawal: https://blockchain.info/tx/d1d92f8f20844a37b83d6fe2112b95f0b7e6b224addfc971328f526dab3912bd

11 inputs under 0.001 BTC. This caused the Bitcoin TX fees to be 3 times higher than I expected.

What in the world are all these dust transactions? Bitvisitor? Dailybitcoins?
Come on people, if you want a free online wallet to collect your "Free Bitcoins" then please use an actual online wallet and not an exchange.

Burnside, is there a way that your wallet can sweep all these dust inputs together so they don't cause high TX withdraw fees? Maybe once every so often, have your wallets pay themselves with no fee. Pay with 3 dust inputs and another input that's at least 1.0 BTC or higher. It make take a long time to confirm, but the dust will be consolidated.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 04:41:23 AM

This is only a small issue at the moment.

I just made a small BTC withdrawal: https://blockchain.info/tx/d1d92f8f20844a37b83d6fe2112b95f0b7e6b224addfc971328f526dab3912bd

11 inputs under 0.001 BTC. This caused the Bitcoin TX fees to be 3 times higher than I expected.

What in the world are all these dust transactions? Bitvisitor? Dailybitcoins?
Come on people, if you want a free online wallet to collect your "Free Bitcoins" then please use an actual online wallet and not an exchange.

Burnside, is there a way that your wallet can sweep all these dust inputs together so they don't cause high TX withdraw fees? Maybe once every so often, have your wallets pay themselves with no fee. Pay with 3 dust inputs and another input that's at least 1.0 BTC or higher. It make take a long time to confirm, but the dust will be consolidated.

I think it's gotta be the tiny divs getting withdrawn or something that is causing the inputs to get split up.  What's your favorite howto on cleaning things up?  I'll read through it and see what I can do.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:36:34 AM

Some of the passthrus this is possible.  Passthrus on BTC-TC for assets on MPEx I think the operators will transfer to your MPEx account for instance.  Passthrus on BitFunder for assets on BTC-TC can likely be transferred to BTC-TC.  And some of the MPEx assets have passthrus on both BitFunder and BTC-TC, with the same issuer (GSDPT/S.Dice, DeaDTerra) so those issuers might be willing to work something out.  Bottom line is you have to contact the asset issuer and ask.

And there's always trading between users, ala:

Between exchanges? No. But if you have GSDPT shares and you want BitFunder shares, PM me (small fee).

Smiley
I will go BF-BTCT-MPEX any combinations for free Smiley
So just send me a Pm if you want to change where you have your shares.
//DeaDTerra
Oh cool! I was under the assumption that you don't do mpex withdraws anymore  Tongue
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 06:35:29 AM

Feature requests:

Please add an indicator that shows when voting for a motion is done. Shareholders can tell because the voting buttons are there, but everybody else (especially the issuer) has to look at the dates.

Done

Also, a way to edit a motion might be useful (with restrictions, of course).

It's on the todo list, but fairly low priority.  Only thing I can really see being "editable" is to cancel the motion, or maybe an input field that would allow you to append to it?

Edit/Add:

Carnth will be happy to hear that in the Account Settings you can now configure (turn on/off) receipt of some of the emails, including trade notifications, asset notifications, dividend notifications, and withdrawal notifications.

There is also now internal asset transfer support in the OAuth API and some big improvements in the OAuth API FAQ entry.

Cheers.
Milkshake

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Milkshake

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:27:53 AM

Hey guys, it's a good idea to make an each account for every 30 btc worth of stocks you own, cause a stock exchange is supposed to increase liquidity, not reduce it  Grin Grin Grin

Well, if burnside grasps the concept of liquidity  Shocked

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 09:34:14 AM

Hey guys, it's a good idea to make an each account for every 30 btc worth of stocks you own, cause a stock exchange is supposed to increase liquidity, not reduce it  Grin Grin Grin

Well, if burnside grasps the concept of liquidity  Shocked

Are you referring to the manual withdrawal process?  Multiple accounts would only help so much.  Once the hot wallet is empty everything becomes manual.

I've tried to strike a good balance between risk and reward.  I believe it's in everyone's best interest to not have a wallet sitting out on the web with thousands of BTC in it.  Smiley

Cheers.
Carnth

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:27:00 PM

Carnth will be happy to hear that in the Account Settings you can now configure (turn on/off) receipt of some of the emails, including trade notifications, asset notifications, dividend notifications, and withdrawal notifications.

Yay! Anyone who runs multiple assets will agree: you get a lot of emails.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 08:02:19 PM

I didn't make an option to turn off the asset holder lists that come every 12 hours.  I'm not sure I should.  Would be better for those if you just put a filter in your client that puts them in a long-term storage folder.  Wink

I forgot to mention too, there's a new option in there that isn't implemented yet, which is a daily portfolio digest.  My goal, once implemented, is that users will be able to receive a summary of their portfolio once every 24 hours, including a summary of their current orders.  I had forgotten how pissed I was that I couldn't remember what all I had on GLBSE, and Nefario never sent the end users a summary of their portfolio at closing time, so I still don't know if there are some assets I forgot about that I should be trying to collect.  Anyway... that led me to want to implement an automated update for users that want it.  Should be able to roll it out in the next week or so.

Cheers.
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:10:35 PM

Love all the constant improvements, certainly my favorite exchange.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Carnth

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:24:44 PM

I didn't make an option to turn off the asset holder lists that come every 12 hours.  I'm not sure I should.  Would be better for those if you just put a filter in your client that puts them in a long-term storage folder.  Wink

I do keep all my asset holder list emails. This is still the best part of your exchanges.

But when I get a dividend on my Asset accounts and my personal accounts, then number of emails add up quickly. All in all, its not a huge problem. Just a convenience.

Anyway, thanks again!
Milkshake

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Milkshake

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:41:29 PM

GREAT, now I can get even MOAR spam to my inbox!  Grin Grin Grin

Just kidding, I like the emails I get for every trade, dividends, etc, it's pretty nice to keep track of everything on btct.co if you filter it to your own folder.

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 12:47:43 AM

Just kidding, I like the emails I get for every trade, dividends, etc, it's pretty nice to keep track of everything on btct.co if you filter it to your own folder.

Coming Soon!  BTC-TC to auction off sponsorships of emails sent.  For only 5 BTC per thousand emails we'll put your ad in the footer of all legitimate BTC-TC notifications sent to users!

Grin  Grin  Grin

Ok, crap, at first I was joking, but damn, that's a good idea!

Wink

Sadly, I hate whoring myself out, so it'll never happen.
btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 03:37:53 AM

Coming Soon!  BTC-TC to auction off sponsorships of emails sent.  For only 5 BTC per thousand emails we'll put your ad in the footer of all legitimate BTC-TC notifications sent to users!

Grin  Grin  Grin

Wink

I'm personally a fan of opt-in additional ads. For a simpler case maybe an option to add a text based google ad (or anonymous ads or whatever else you pick) to the bottom of pages. I've got no problem helping the exchange with simple ads. Same kind of system could work for email too. Though the number of hits you generate might be low. I know personally half the time just getting the email tells me half of what I need to know.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 05:41:52 AM

GREAT, now I can get even MOAR spam to my inbox!  Grin Grin Grin

Coming Soon!  BTC-TC to auction off sponsorships of emails sent.  For only 5 BTC per thousand emails we'll put your ad in the footer of all legitimate BTC-TC notifications sent to users!

Grin  Grin  Grin

Wink

I'm personally a fan of opt-in additional ads. For a simpler case maybe an option to add a text based google ad (or anonymous ads or whatever else you pick) to the bottom of pages. I've got no problem helping the exchange with simple ads. Same kind of system could work for email too. Though the number of hits you generate might be low. I know personally half the time just getting the email tells me half of what I need to know.
I have a problem with getting ads on services I pay for.

Also do note that if you do add ads, nobody will get your emails again as it'll be autofiltered forever.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:18:14 AM

Good. I'd hate to see you obliterating all professionalism in the exchange.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 09:03:17 AM

Good. I'd hate to see you obliterating all professionalism in the exchange.

Yeah, not gonna happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: