Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] The Perpetual "Darkcoin DASH and their lying community" Thread  (Read 4906 times)
DrkLvr_ (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:55:20 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 11:05:11 PM by DrkLvr_

Hello,

Yes everyone knows about the instamine and is tired of hearing about it. But the Darkcoin scam goes much deeper than that. Their modus operandi goes something like this:

A crypto user has a concern about darkcoin and brings it up on the thread. The darkcoin community responds with lies because the truth makes them look bad and proves they're a scam. When called out on their lies, the darkcoin community launches personal attacks and brings up irrelevant topics as a distraction, or just ignores it altogether.

So this thread is a place to keep all the documented lies from Darkcoin and their lying community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:57:41 PM

Ok here are two:

~2 months (XMR "cripple mine" ~7% of the current supply + spend $250k in mining costs)

vs

1-2 days (DASH to instamine 33% of the total current Dash supply + ~$1000 in cloud mining etc for 2 days)

Roll Eyes Yes Monero is such a "scam".  Cheesy

well at least you admit the monero 7% cripplemine scam. DASH had a 10% instamine distribution bug but it turned out to be a feature.

to try and minimize the cripplemine by using "current coin supply" is scammy and dishonest considering the highly hype inflationary monero emission curve where half the coins have already been mined in less than a year and a half, now that's what i call a instamine.
if it wasn't for the DASH instamine bug then there would only be like 4 million DASH right now compared to the current 10 million plus monero instamine. Shocked
and monero was launched months after DASH!

OR HAI SCAMMER, you have been caught LYING AGAIN in the DASHTHREAD.

Is this coin absolutely and fully anonymous ? which one is best ? Monero or Dash ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one ?

As far as I can tell, DASH has less anonymity than Monero because DASH mixes in masternodes.

if nobody can deanonymize DASH what difference does it make? that's like entering a tank in a NASCAR race and thinking it's going to win because the tank is more resistant to crashes. the trade off is a non legacy compliant unscalable already bloated blockchain, the little extra anon (pre evolution) is not worth the huge trade off. plus the lack of any real anonymity has not hurt bitcoin's market-cap as of yet.

As long as the mixing isn't decentralized at protocol level (as promised), this will be the case.

by that strict interpretation aren't all cryptocoins centralized?
if dash was centralized one person could deanonymize dash or push a button and shut it down, that's not the case.

On the other hand, DASH offers way more than only anonymity and has at the moment a better exposure. 
So I decided to invest in both and watch it play out for the moment.

the market agrees. i expect monero to keep getting pushed down until a year from now it will be lucky to be in the top 20.
if a solid zerocash implementation is released then it's lights out for monero/cryptonote. just ask fluffypony, he'll tell you that and he is fully expecting it happen at some point.

monero just has too many issues and is way to risky for me to invest in. i just picked up two new masternodes and did not even consider monero, ethereum looks pretty interesting though so i may diversify a bit into that.

Mastermined is spreading lies again with out of context screenshots, nice job, i hope the other dashers are proud to have someone like you, clearly shows what the dash community is about.
You think you are good at twisting words, but you are just a miserably little lying scumbag. Oh so great to even use a 241 day old discussion you started with spreading shit on reddit, you sir are a true internet hero and the more you speak the more shady looks all this dash stuff, so let´s speak a bit more here :-)

Here´s the full text, everyone can read it themselves here: https://m.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/301r4e/crypto_primitive_shorter_than_current_monero_ring/
"if a solid zerocash implementation is released then it's lights out for monero/cryptonote. just ask fluffypony, he'll tell you that and he is fully expecting it happen at some point. " - in fact he said the opposite.

Here are some more lies from your fellow community member the MasterMined710 Scammer.

lastly, monero was launched about 3 months after DASH yet it already has almost twice the amount of coins mined. seems like a highly inflationary ongoing instamine that gives an unfair advantage to those early miners.

my conclusion, there has never been a coin with a perfect launch including bitcoin.

There's perfect, there's scam, and everything in between. Monero is a helluva lot closer to perfect than DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin could every hope to be.

You can look on the block explorer and see the amount of coins emitted at any block. For instance, by block 20000 ( http://moneroblocks.eu/search/20000 ), mined on May 1st, the total number of emitted coins was about 350k or about 3.5% of the total coins that exist today. So, 3.5% of the coins that exist were mined during the period of the crippled miner when a few folks (such as DGA, who is not a member of the development team) were mining with optimized miners. Around May 1st the optimized miner was made public by NoodleDoodle and other members of the actual dev-team that took over the coin from TFT.

Compare that with DASH, where around 1/3 of the coins that exist today were mined in the first 48 hours or so, and I think it's pretty plain to see which coin had the more fair launch. (This is not to mention the fact that there was zero windows clients and a promise to relaunch made by the Xcoin developer, while hundreds of AWS and DO nodes mined away). 33% of available coins mined in 2 days, or 3% of available coins mined in a few weeks - I don't think it's much of a comparison.

(This is also not to mention the fact that DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin switched to a quasi-PoS system after their botched launch, allowing large holders to just sit on their coins and grow them, which is obviously not the case for Monero, which is pure PoW, where owning a chunk of coin doesn't allow one to do anything but dump it on an exchange.)

Top post jwinterm. Facts, not FUD.

Thank you for digging this post up. Mastermined can now come back and try to spin things to death about the "scam" that has happened with Monero when clearly Dash is no saint and in fact likely is the equivalent of the devil's favorite demon coin with shady launches, broken PoW algorithm, rebranding to distance itself from its shady past, and the addition of quasi-PoS system etc..
Why you all compare monero to dash? This tread is about monero scam.

Because this thread is done by the dashtarded scam army who have exposed multiple times of scamming and lying here, for example:

Vitalik just posted in /r/ethereum --

Guess who's now in the firing line now for being low tech'  Cheesy

(Thats what you get for calling Monero a 'real premine sacm').

Never mind. It's all in a good cause (we hope). Mudpies on stun and chickenwire at the ready.

Hey fucktard, why don´t you show the world the whole discussion? Because it doesn´t fit your fucktarded dash scam propaganda?

Or what about this one?

Dashtards, even too stupid to lie; unbelieveable....

Eat shit scumbags.

7) There is no centralized point of failure, unlike in DASH.

and what is the centralized point of failure in DASH?
surly you are not talking about the decentralized masternode network.

Evan Duffield. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor

Ripping text out of context and faking screenshots, cutting off sentences from the rest of the discussions etc.
A usual distraction tactic of scammers.

DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:59:30 PM

Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward).  

So where is the vote? Where is TanteStefana2 getting 95% from?
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:03:39 PM

Next one, from the same dude:

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

Maybe there is another way?

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on. 

I did study monero a bit and I don't see an issue with the 'obscure blockchain'...
The ring signatures are based on tested crypto, this ensures that all outputs are valid and the network has a mechanism that is double spend proof.

The mixing on masternodes is a weak point in my opinion. It is just bad for anonymity.

Currently I own 200 DASH and 1000 XMR.
Still not sure what to do:

*DASH has better market cap and support, but I don't really like the mixing system.
Also additional features I think are interesting like instantX I like, although I would like to see some external crypto-expert checking if it's safe and can scale.
*XMR has better mixing tech, but I have no clue why the community and market cap seems so small.
I also like the stealth addresses... You only need one account. It's better than a HD wallet because change transactions can't be linked.

My initial plan to buy a masternode is postponed until I see some external validation of DASH tech and the details of Evolution.
If DASH would go sub 0.005 BTC, I'll probably double down on my current position.
This will also happen for XMR if it drops below 0.001 BTC.

I'll probably bet on both for now. If one or the other clearly becomes the leading anonymous currency, I'll sell the one and buy the other.

For me, if I can't figure out where a transaction is, if it's been duplicated, if it's really working.  If there is no way to double check it - especially a way I can understand, it's not for me.  I don't like the complexity.  I seriously don't trust it, and I don't know if someone holds the key to the encryption either.  You have to completely trust the person who set the ball in motion.  And frankly, that person turned out to be a scammer.  Or perhaps they were a government spy network?  How can anyone trust it?  Why do you have to trust such a centralized point of failure?

It's not for me.

There is no "key to encryption", you are confusing monero with zerocash.

That guy has clearly no idea how Monero works, or Bitcoin in general:
1) there is no "masterkey" for cryptonote, every user generates his own keys, exactly like bitcoin
2) There is a way to doublecheck, everything is on the blockchain, there is no way to create coins out of thin air etc. without directly seeing it!
3) You don´t like the complexity? It´s all known math, just cleverly combined, you don´t have to trust anyone but maybe you trust gmaxwell aka nullc when he says stuff like this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7765455
4) As already said, no one set the ball in motion, there is no key for everything like it is in Zerocoin.
5) Government spy network? CN uses Curve25519 from DJB, you can´t get more away from the NSA than DJB https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States
6) You don´t trust persons, you trust the math which has been reviewed multiple times included by bitcoin core devs, if you can´t turst a bitcoin core dev you should leave the cryptocurrency space i guess.
7) There is no centralized point of failure, unlike in DASH.

Did you already known the mooneromasterkeys?

Lying with purpose or just total stupidity? hard to say.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:11:05 PM

one of my favorites is Evan Duffield saying that Darkcoin (=Dash) will go up and he wants to buy more

but...at the same time... selling lots of them OTC

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:11:54 PM

Just because Monero isn't going anywhere doesn't mean DASH is a scam.
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:19:41 PM

thats right. dash beeing a scam is totally unrelated to monero. so please stay on topic ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:27:09 PM

And..... Oh surprise! Another Monero bagholders thread about DASH!

You are so desperate, it's unbelievable, try to pretend guys  Wink
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:48:24 PM

And..... Oh surprise! Another Monero bagholders thread about DASH!

You are so desperate, it's unbelievable, try to pretend guys  Wink

illodin and aleix, 2 of the biggest Darkcoin bagholders and lying defenders.

So where's the vote guys? Are you saying there wasn't one? Seems you're just distracting to irrelevant topics again. If there was no vote, why is tantestefana2 saying there was?

Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward). 

Dash Sad
illodin

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:28:17 PM

illodin ... lying ...

Is there a lie somewhere what I said?
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:39:06 PM

illodin ... lying ...

Is there a lie somewhere what I said?

Please, Illodin, don't feed this pathetic thread.
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:03:03 PM

Please let the thread die Sad

Sorry you think demanding accountability is pathetic aleix. You should look up the word perpetual.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:09:54 PM

Every once in a while I see a thread like this and I just don't get what's the catch. people bashing dash (mostly seem to be newly created accounts yet) have a perfect understanding of the inner working of the community and crypto culture, and then there's the people defending dash. To me, it seems natural why people invested in an asset would want to defend it, but really, why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?
illodin

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:12:51 PM

why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?

Hi there, that is a good question. Let me answer that one for you: they think DASH is the reason why Monero isn't going anywhere and are angry.
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:16:43 PM

why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?

Hi there, that is a good question. Let me answer that one for you: they think DASH is the reason why Monero isn't going anywhere and are angry.

for me thats not true.
i have bashed dash before i saw monero.
i just got a little tired the last year repeating myself so i stopped...i just hate scams and this is what makes me angry about dash. nothing more or less...

DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:58:15 PM

Every once in a while I see a thread like this and I just don't get what's the catch. people bashing dash (mostly seem to be newly created accounts yet) have a perfect understanding of the inner working of the community and crypto culture, and then there's the people defending dash. To me, it seems natural why people invested in an asset would want to defend it, but really, why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?

The reason i created this thread was because of the constant lies on the DASH thread. When call out on their lies, they simply don't bother responding until the topic is buried. They just spam the thread with useless responses for a while like the number of masternodes until it's a few pages back and forgotten. A few days later, they'll continue to repeat the same lies.

So this thread serves a useful purpose to keep track of the Dash community and their constant, systematic lies.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 07:51:37 PM

From the Dash Announcement page: "Dash has no premine and was fairly and transparently launched"

You mean fairly as in 30% in a day with no windows option to mine and a start time when most were going to bed after a failed launch?

You mean no premine as in no premine effects giving a few in the know an advantage? Or do you mean technically they weren't mined before the launch so we can get away with the advertising even though most people who want to avoid a premine also want to avoid an instamine?

You mean transparent as in not putting the instamine on your announcement page?

One sentence and you have DASH in nutshell. But I can do it in two words: Buyer Beware.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 08:57:07 PM

Peter Todd calls dash "snake oil."

Peter Todd calls dash's instant-x fake.

Peter Todd calls dash "bad crypto."

To quote Peter Todd, DASH's InstantX is "a copy of GreenAddress in the same way a cargo cult's bamboo runway is a copy."

I expect DASH's Evolusham will be a copy of Ethereum in the same way a cargo cult's bamboo airplane is a copy.

lol rekt

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:10:13 PM

Lying to the crypto community since 2014

"0.0000000% pre-mined" ... are these guys kidding? Sadly no, they really are this full of shit.

Dash Sad
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:20:59 AM

Search "Coinhunter" or "RealSolid" or "Solidcoin"

and you will find very same similarities to the scam type shady behavior of the Dash supporters as the Solidcoin supporters a few years back...history repeating itself.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: