Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:37:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 [5429] 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:04:25 AM

Dash - YouTube update:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC854riaGH45TVlxptI18v4w

50.000 Views all together

Top 5 Videos by Views (Recent videos/ last 3 month ):
(excluded China/ as they can NOT access YT)

1. What is Dash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc

2. Dash — лyчшaя aльтepнaтивa Биткoинy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HFSr0K5g_Q

3.O que é a Dash (Port/Br)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OECqdXbHgY

4. Dash - Digital Cash (Community Promotion Video # 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1HYBMcyEPQ

5. Dash Video Series - #2 - Dash Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGKM2tWKSA

Grin
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:48:36 AM

what vertoe said when she left

You don't know, much less understand, the gender of the person you quote.

Picking on my choice of pronoun is a red herring.

But I'm not surprised you'd rather not discuss what vertoe said when he/she/it had enough of Evan Madoffield's golden donkey multilevel marketing scam.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:01:20 AM

"Crypto is the separation of Power and State."  Icy, WTF is that supposed to mean?  It's gibberish!  LOL.

And actually I agree with Vertoe, Dash has elements that are centralized, the DAVC is in a way a centralization.  It acts kind of centralized.  Why?  Because there are some things that work better when it's centralized.  Watch some of those videos from Evan, he explains it very well.  Watch the series he made.

The trick is to do it so that it ACTS centralized, but the security is entirely decentralized.

It's freakin brilliant.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:22:02 AM

I think Dash would be just fine if the lead dev ever decided to hand this project over to others, as his accomplishments would not be lost. I do not think that, by investing in Dash, you are investing in one man  (rather, you are investing in one man's VISION, just like Bitcoin), but even if you were (investing in one man, that is), the lead dev of this project has shown a consistent ability to deliver and implement innovative concepts in the cryptocurrency-space. This is a very hard thing to do btw. In fact, ALL he has done is deliver, deliver, deliver...(repeat to fade). For that reason alone, it most be worth putting a few shekels on Evan, right?

A more pertinent question to my mind is this : What would happen to Monero if Poloniex went down? This possibility must be truly frightening for any XMR bag-holder, or potential investor in that coin imo.

Just a few thoughts from an old coin-head...go Dash!
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:56:14 AM

Pages and pages of Monero bagholders arguing about a coin they consider an scam. Tireless efforts of our resident Monero trolls repeating the same every day and sock puppets with very lame names just increasing the size of this thread trying to make it unreadable. They are not going to win.

The situation here is something any rational investor can think about. They are here because they are scared.

Fuck the trolls, Evan & team are doing a great job.

If you think Wolf0 is a troll.. then you've had tunnel vision for a long long time. Wolf0 writes ridiculously optimized miners for any algorithms or POWs even if they are 0day faster than anyone. The fact you think he is a troll is a display of awful groupthink and a shame. If anyone knows code and crypto its him, and you should listen to yer elders.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:56:46 AM

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn!  Roll Eyes

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Naseza

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:06:40 AM

Is this coin absolutely and fully anonymous ? which one is best ? Monero or Dash ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one ?
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:21:27 AM

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn!  Roll Eyes

Hey Bigr, been a long time. How's the gauche restaurant attached to the "fine" wine vineyard grown from ... Canadian ... grapes ... treatin ya? Sounds like a real winner. Follow this guy and get rich. Ever heard of horizontal latitude?

@Naseza no this coin is far from anonymous. No coins are fool proof, but this one no bueno.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:37:59 AM

I think Dash would be just fine if the lead dev ever decided to hand this project over to others, as his accomplishments would not be lost. I do not think that, by investing in Dash, you are investing in one man  (rather, you are investing in one man's VISION, just like Bitcoin), but even if you were (investing in one man, that is), the lead dev of this project has shown a consistent ability to deliver and implement innovative concepts in the cryptocurrency-space. This is a very hard thing to do btw. In fact, ALL he has done is deliver, deliver, deliver...(repeat to fade). For that reason alone, it most be worth putting a few shekels on Evan, right?

Since Vertoe left, we have implemented a budget system.  This is really the key to keep a project like this going.  It can now be expanded to pay for development and any activities deemed the most beneficial from the masternode voters.  I agree Evan is doing a fantastic job and am putting my duffs on Dash.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:21:53 AM

this coin is far from anonymous

Shame you can't demonstrate that by de-anonymising a darksent address.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 07:47:23 AM

this coin is far from anonymous

Shame you can't demonstrate that by de-anonymising a darksent address.

Why let facts get in the way of good propaganda? It's a classic case of "If I say it enough times, people may start to believe it."

BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:18:19 AM

Pages and pages of Monero bagholders arguing about a coin they consider an scam. Tireless efforts of our resident Monero trolls repeating the same every day and sock puppets with very lame names just increasing the size of this thread trying to make it unreadable. They are not going to win.

The situation here is something any rational investor can think about. They are here because they are scared.

Fuck the trolls, Evan & team are doing a great job.

If you think Wolf0 is a troll.. then you've had tunnel vision for a long long time. Wolf0 writes ridiculously optimized miners for any algorithms or POWs even if they are 0day faster than anyone. The fact you think he is a troll is a display of awful groupthink and a shame. If anyone knows code and crypto its him, and you should listen to yer elders.

No he is just saying that he got the Monero developer disease which is coming here crying out loud about Evan because they can compete after copying Bytecoin....oooooooo sh!t I said it lol. CRY"P"TO here in to forums developers

P.S Are you still jealous of that 14.5k DASH I got from Mintpal? lol that made me lol when u wrote it and then delete ur post.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
cryptonewb

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:54:07 AM

What is your opinion about Trolleros, posting here all day long?
This don't show you some kind of weakness of their part?
That we don't care about them but they always speak about us?

Some of them have some valid points.

But I don't really let me influence by them. I try to look at the tech. That is the most important thing.
cryptonewb

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:55:32 AM

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

Maybe there is another way?

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on.  

I did study monero a bit and I don't see an issue with the 'obscure blockchain'...
The ring signatures are based on tested crypto, this ensures that all outputs are valid and the network has a mechanism that is double spend proof.

The mixing on masternodes is a weak point in my opinion. It is just bad for anonymity.

Currently I own 200 DASH and 1000 XMR.
Still not sure what to do:

*DASH has better market cap and support, but I don't really like the mixing system.
Also additional features I think are interesting like instantX I like, although I would like to see some external crypto-expert checking if it's safe and can scale.
*XMR has better mixing tech, but I have no clue why the community and market cap seems so small.
I also like the stealth addresses... You only need one account. It's better than a HD wallet because change transactions can't be linked.

My initial plan to buy a masternode is postponed until I see some external validation of DASH tech and the details of Evolution.
If DASH would go sub 0.005 BTC, I'll probably double down on my current position.
This will also happen for XMR if it drops below 0.001 BTC.

I'll probably bet on both for now. If one or the other clearly becomes the leading anonymous currency, I'll sell the one and buy the other.

For me, if I can't figure out where a transaction is, if it's been duplicated, if it's really working.  If there is no way to double check it - especially a way I can understand, it's not for me.  I don't like the complexity.  I seriously don't trust it, and I don't know if someone holds the key to the encryption either.  You have to completely trust the person who set the ball in motion.  And frankly, that person turned out to be a scammer.  Or perhaps they were a government spy network?  How can anyone trust it?  Why do you have to trust such a centralized point of failure?

It's not for me.

There is no "key to encryption", you are confusing monero with zerocash.
cryptonewb

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:01:09 AM

Is this coin absolutely and fully anonymous ? which one is best ? Monero or Dash ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one ?

As far as I can tell, DASH has less anonymity than Monero because DASH mixes in masternodes.
As long as the mixing isn't decentralized at protocol level (as promised), this will be the case.

On the other hand, DASH offers way more than only anonymity and has at the moment a better exposure. 

So I decided to invest in both and watch it play out for the moment.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:18:27 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 09:37:51 AM by othe

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

Maybe there is another way?

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on.  

I did study monero a bit and I don't see an issue with the 'obscure blockchain'...
The ring signatures are based on tested crypto, this ensures that all outputs are valid and the network has a mechanism that is double spend proof.

The mixing on masternodes is a weak point in my opinion. It is just bad for anonymity.

Currently I own 200 DASH and 1000 XMR.
Still not sure what to do:

*DASH has better market cap and support, but I don't really like the mixing system.
Also additional features I think are interesting like instantX I like, although I would like to see some external crypto-expert checking if it's safe and can scale.
*XMR has better mixing tech, but I have no clue why the community and market cap seems so small.
I also like the stealth addresses... You only need one account. It's better than a HD wallet because change transactions can't be linked.

My initial plan to buy a masternode is postponed until I see some external validation of DASH tech and the details of Evolution.
If DASH would go sub 0.005 BTC, I'll probably double down on my current position.
This will also happen for XMR if it drops below 0.001 BTC.

I'll probably bet on both for now. If one or the other clearly becomes the leading anonymous currency, I'll sell the one and buy the other.

For me, if I can't figure out where a transaction is, if it's been duplicated, if it's really working.  If there is no way to double check it - especially a way I can understand, it's not for me.  I don't like the complexity.  I seriously don't trust it, and I don't know if someone holds the key to the encryption either.  You have to completely trust the person who set the ball in motion.  And frankly, that person turned out to be a scammer.  Or perhaps they were a government spy network?  How can anyone trust it?  Why do you have to trust such a centralized point of failure?

It's not for me.

There is no "key to encryption", you are confusing monero with zerocash.

That guy has clearly no idea how Monero works, or Bitcoin in general:
1) there is no "masterkey" for cryptonote, every user generates his own keys, exactly like bitcoin
2) There is a way to doublecheck, everything is on the blockchain, there is no way to create coins out of thin air etc. without directly seeing it!
3) You don´t like the complexity? It´s all known math, just cleverly combined, you don´t have to trust anyone but maybe you trust gmaxwell aka nullc when he says stuff like this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7765455
4) As already said, no one set the ball in motion, there is no key for everything like it is in Zerocoin.
5) Government spy network? CN uses Curve25519 from DJB, you can´t get more away from the NSA than DJB https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States
6) You don´t trust persons, you trust the math which has been reviewed multiple times included by bitcoin core devs, if you can´t turst a bitcoin core dev you should leave the cryptocurrency space i guess.
7) There is no centralized point of failure, unlike in DASH.

fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:39:11 AM

iPhone DashWallet Release

https://dashtalk.org/threads/iphone-dashwallet-release.7123/

othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:04:47 AM

Thats a port of the breadwallet: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet
You should be more clear about this.

Credit goes to QuantumExplorer , who’s done a superb job developing this wallet.

You should give credit to Aaron Voisine too!
And also include his license file more visually: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet/blob/master/LICENSE

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:10:41 AM

Thats a port of the breadwallet: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet
You should be more clear about this.

Credit goes to QuantumExplorer , who’s done a superb job developing this wallet.

You should give credit to Aaron Voisine too!
And also include his license file more visually: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet/blob/master/LICENSE

Relax big guy

https://www.dashpay.io/news/iphone-dashwallet-release/
it is all in there
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:13:12 AM

Does it support DarkSend and/or instantX ?
Pages: « 1 ... 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 [5429] 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: