Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:12:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 138293 times)
MaxTax

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:27:11 PM

I read somewhere that you can connect your bitcoin to paypal, not sure if this is true but I like to try it out.

If that's the case then I wouldn't have to choose between the two.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:45:46 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 07:30:39 PM by Amph

I read somewhere that you can connect your bitcoin to paypal, not sure if this is true but I like to try it out.

virwox especially, but they have expensive fee, i prefer coinimal, but you can only sell for paypal not buying option
sartorpc

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:48:47 PM

I think paypal is still better than bitcoin for "normal" goods shopping, you can have your money in return, also quick and easy.. I love btc too but paypal its very good.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:17:36 PM

bitcoin, by i admit that i'm using paypal on website that i don't know, but bitcoin has the potential to surpass paypal, it's already very near that

Very near in what sense? Bitcoin is not even close to paypal. Paypal is used in far more platforms and sites than bitcoin, far far more, not only that but paypal it's also pretty safe, more than bitcoin. Comparing bitcoin to paypal is not good though, paypal is not a currency, bitcoin is, so in the end it doesn't make much sense to compare the two.

transaction volume is very akin from bitcoin to paypal, there was a chart that showed it, i'm trying to find it, it was posted here not long time ago

What? Bitcoin is a whole currency and paypal it's just a platform to pay for stuff, I don't see how comparing 2 charts would do anything here, as I said it's pretty pointless to compare the two.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:19:20 PM

bitcoin, by i admit that i'm using paypal on website that i don't know, but bitcoin has the potential to surpass paypal, it's already very near that

Very near in what sense? Bitcoin is not even close to paypal. Paypal is used in far more platforms and sites than bitcoin, far far more, not only that but paypal it's also pretty safe, more than bitcoin. Comparing bitcoin to paypal is not good though, paypal is not a currency, bitcoin is, so in the end it doesn't make much sense to compare the two.

transaction volume is very akin from bitcoin to paypal, there was a chart that showed it, i'm trying to find it, it was posted here not long time ago

What? Bitcoin is a whole currency and paypal it's just a platform to pay for stuff, I don't see how comparing 2 charts would do anything here, as I said it's pretty pointless to compare the two.

comparing a service like coin base to PayPal would make more sense.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:48:37 PM

I don't think something like this exist! You can do this with Neteller. They have a Bitcoin deposit option, but not PayPal.

With virwox you can only exchange Paypal to Bitcoin and vice versa but they are taking horrendous fees so the best is to stay away from them!
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:25:13 PM

What are your opinions on paypal or bitcoin for online shopping?

Short term paypal is easier i guess, long term bitcoin will be much better for many reasons.  Opinions are support bitcoin as much as possible.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:46:57 PM

not it isn't it show how must bitcoin is growing, i'm not talking about a direct competition, you need to see from a different view
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:44:24 PM

Customer wise - paypal, because you can chargeback faulty items, scams...
Merchant wise - Bitcoin. No paypal chargebacks (fake ones, unauthorized access,...)
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:52:58 PM

Paypal is not accessible to everybody and if they are. Most likely will cost the sender a higher fee if in a county that is not in allowed areas (like India) or in  the receiver's local area (in North America).
I noticed when sending to someone in the UK I am paying a higher fee than if I was to send to someone in South America (sending as friend and family for both cases).
So I prefer bitcoin as the fees (miners fee) is the same to all senders no matter where they are located. It is decentralized currency. That should answer you question on which one is better to use when sending funds.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 08:59:30 PM

I don't accept PayPal, I do accept BTC.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:49:55 PM

Short term paypal is easier i guess, long term bitcoin will be much better for many reasons.  Opinions are support bitcoin as much as possible.

short term or long term. it doesn't matter. bitcoin outperforms paypal at any time. your money won't be freezed. people will not charge back after agreeing a deal. only benefits.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:17:33 PM

short term or long term. it doesn't matter. bitcoin outperforms paypal at any time. your money won't be freezed. people will not charge back after agreeing a deal. only benefits.

Bitcoin has no buyer guarantee. This is one very smart thing paypal and CC has. Probably this is the reason the masses choose paypal over bitcoin.

A paypal/ bitcoin equivalent would instantly kill paypal and CC companies.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:25:45 PM

Short term paypal is easier i guess, long term bitcoin will be much better for many reasons.  Opinions are support bitcoin as much as possible.

Bitcoin has no buyer guarantee. This is one very smart thing paypal and CC has. Probably this is the reason the masses choose paypal over bitcoin.

A paypal/ bitcoin equivalent would instantly kill paypal and CC companies.

It does protect some customers(buyers) but at the same time it's a scammers heaven. Did you know that average American little Shop, like 7/11 has a rate of chargebacks of about 25% on all of their credit card transactions. That's just insane! Now imagine if it's not a 7/11 but a little family shop, what kind of loss this is for the owner and his family!
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:46:31 PM

BTC outperforms in terms of fees, anonimity, but for consumers paypal has a big leap distance. Merchants however dislike it because of the large fees, so here is a chance for btc.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:53:55 AM

Bitcoin is superior to Paypal in every way; however, it won't be until Bitcoin has the same market capitalization as Paypal that we will truly begin to see Bitcoin's widespread use in lieu of Paypal around the world.  In the meantime, it's always a possibility that Bitcoin will be allowed as a way for Paypal users around the world to fund their still-fiat-denominated accounts.  In fact, Paypal's President David Marcus recently admitted to owning Bitcoin and assured the community that he was keeping a close eye on developments in the Bitcoin sphere.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-vs-paypal/
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:58:31 AM

I like btc more but PayPal has more uses
iniliyo594120

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 02:09:49 AM

On my past experience with using PayPal, they always put a lot of restrictions while using their services and they try their best to charge something from you and they also have a stupid rules that could freeze your account together with all the funds base on what you order (happened to a friend of mine) but in the other hand with BTCitcoin non of these problems exist plus everyone could use it, unlike to Paypal which has limit on who use it base on their geographical location so the flexibility that BTCitcoin has, shouldn't even be compared to any other payment method and I'm hoping one day it would be the main option on every site online in comparisson to current situation.
Hariom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:00:43 AM

In my opinion Bitcoin is the easiest and fastest mode of payment transfers.
But i prefer that use bitcoin for trading purposes and the buy/Exchange your btc to paypal currency with respect to the Prices of btc..
The whole who game plays is the Price of btc..
When the prices go low then just buy more and more btc
when it reaches the peak then just sell it..
In this way u could also be a billioner in future..
Bitcoin transactions may be useful for trading , buying digital goods..
But for buying some heavy online goods for now paypal is the best..
The main disadvantage of bitcoin is if unfortunately u send btc to wrong address then u cannot get it back in any way.. (unless the owner decides to give u back).
Hope u read all that i said above!
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:40:56 AM

Because of my current businesses I have more paypal incomes than bitcoin earnings, that is why I prefer paypal although I think I  am ready to the unavoidable transition.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: