Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 138279 times)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:41:07 PM

Paypal, IMO, is terrible when regarding the charges that cost the customer if they agree to pay the fee to the business, or the other way around when the business accepts that it will lose some of that money when accepting over Paypal. 

It's not only about the convenience of the transaction times or the charges that bitcoin or paypal issues upon any given transaction... Bitcoin is a revolutionary currency where there is only a fixed amount of coins that will never exceed 21 Million.  This is obviously a lot different from fiat, and because Paypal just transfers fiat digitally, makes it a lot different from Paypal.

Bitcoin cannot be properly compared to PayPal until we have a system like the Lightning Network up and running. Until then, Bitcoin will still be seen as a extremely robust form of money that replaces gold and not something you would use on the daily basis to buy good and services. I value my Bitcoin way too much for this so I tend to hold it, in the future I will use it more once its more common.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Paypal, IMO, is terrible when regarding the charges that cost the customer if they agree to pay the fee to the business, or the other way around when the business accepts that it will lose some of that money when accepting over Paypal. 

It's not only about the convenience of the transaction times or the charges that bitcoin or paypal issues upon any given transaction... Bitcoin is a revolutionary currency where there is only a fixed amount of coins that will never exceed 21 Million.  This is obviously a lot different from fiat, and because Paypal just transfers fiat digitally, makes it a lot different from Paypal.

Paypal a lot places which makes it one up  on bitcoin
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:51:05 PM

Some people use and consider paypal the only payment processor that only has honest projects running,as the most know hyip and others similiar projects work without it.One thing we all know paypal follow the lay and well sometimes they take action against some person and take the money out being unfair.Bitcoin is related to any project as others paymenst and a thing that no one will know the name of the person even arent able to contact support as bitcoin hasnt it and we dont need it .I would use both as i cant deposit directly into bitcoin and convert it into bitcoins.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:56:58 PM

The only difference is that BTC is regarded much safer and faster than PayPal.

Paypal payment is almost instant. Bitcoin transaction takes several hours, depending on the fee you pay and how many transactions are ahead of yours.

I have had a PayPal payment reversed after 3 weeks when I sold a CPU to a scumbag on eBay who said that it wasn't working. PayPal transactions take 180 days to confirm before the money is truly yours.
fravia

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:10:19 PM

well im not really used to using paypal i have never tried it and there are no reasons to do that as i use bitcoin a lot for all the goods i need to buy also i choose bitcoins over paypal because it is an investment and the transactions are really fast and you can be your own bank for yourself

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Etoiliste

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:26:19 PM

i choose bitcoins over paypal because it's easier to use then paypall but paypall is more promoted then bitcoin i hope in the future that will be changed
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:48:48 PM

I think Bitcoin is better than Paypal for shopping issues especially, at least with Bitcoin we can't risk the chargeback like we found in Paypal. But unfortunately many marketplaces still not supporting Bitcoin till now and used only Paypal
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:56:48 PM

With Payapl there is always the chargeback risk, so i prefer to use Bitcoin for my deals
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:41:58 PM

With Payapl there is always the chargeback risk, so i prefer to use Bitcoin for my deals

yes. that's what sucks the most about paypal. the buyer has the power to get his money back after buying something + he also have the product that he had bought, which is now pure theft after the charge back. the seller is the loser here unfortunately.
AncilVTwo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:02:10 AM

thats true and risky if you are the one receiving money, but if you just plan on spending it then paypal is a fine option.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:20:50 AM

thats true and risky if you are the one receiving money, but if you just plan on spending it then paypal is a fine option.

But with respect to many countries around the world, Paypal still is not a good option for spending too. In those countries both buyers and sellers face lot of restrictions for banking with Paypal. One good example is India. So, Bitcoin would be the better solution for them to rid out many hurdles.
lindin99

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:53:18 AM

On online shopping when you are the buyer PayPal is much better if you don't have any issues with PayPal itself. You get the opportunity to chargeback if you are cheated or if you don't get what was promised and mostly they side with the buyer while with bitcoin you are under control of the seller unless you use a complicated system like an escrow. BTC is much better as a seller though.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

But with respect to many countries around the world, Paypal still is not a good option for spending too. In those countries both buyers and sellers face lot of restrictions for banking with Paypal. One good example is India. So, Bitcoin would be the better solution for them to rid out many hurdles.

Yes for Indians, Paypal is not a choice for spending for everybody, may be only for credit card holders. Like India, there are many countries Paypal has many restrictions for buying as well as for selling. Chargeback is the only enough reason for many sellers can choose bitcoin over Paypal.

ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:28:33 AM

well, my paypal account ever been hacked, and paypal refund my money,
my bitcoin wallet ever hacked, and i loss, huft
JamesPPM

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:50:20 AM

PayPal for online shopping as a shopper definitely, safer to use.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:28:34 AM

Now paypal is good for buying and secure in transaction also. But sure Bitcoin wallet community like Blockchain, coinbase and others working more security to avoid hacking and scamming. I think with a year It will reach us. after bitcoin play big part in transaction without hacking or other issue.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:59:55 AM

People tried donating to wikileaks with credit card and paypal, how did that turn out?

Question: is wikileaks good, or bad?
Answer: doesnt matter, because visa, mastercard and paypal made that decision for you  Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:34:11 AM

If your Bitcoin wallet gets hacked and they manage to steal your coins, then it's your fault. Bitcoin is money, there are a lot hacker thiefs looking for your money. You won't leave $10,000 in paper money open on your table in your living room, right? Don't make it easy for them.

Properly secure your wallet files with a very strong passphrase. You can even decide to encrypt your cold wallet backups to get an even better level of security. If your computer gets infected with a virus, and a hacker gains control over your computer, then the hacker has no chance in getting access to your coins. No matter how small the amount of coins in your wallets are, never leave a wallet open without a password set.
Qatuca

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:42:32 AM

That is right. I lost several bitcoin in various exchanges: mintpay, vircurrex and crytorush. I never get anything back.
joinal

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:44:20 AM

for secure i will choose paypal

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: