Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 138279 times)
jarvanIV

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:16:33 AM

Compare the fees and you have your answer, lol Smiley
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 02:17:05 AM

What about perfectmoney? Should paypal be monopolising the market?
PerfectMoney is out of the question.
For me PerfectMoney was created for those bux sites that pays for every view of an ad.
I'm not aware of an online shopping site that accept PerfectMoney.
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:17:31 AM

I like paypal because of protection when dealing with sketchy sites Cheesy Otherways Bitcoin for sure
paypal always keep their security. if there is something suspicious problems. they directly provide a limit to one's account

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:19:32 AM

The only downside of paypal for me is it's charge back option. Yes, it is necessary to protect the buyer or seller but then it can be misused with people scamming. They use the chargeback even if the deal went smooth without you knowing that your paypal is already negged. I like bitcoin because I can accept it from whoever without the risk of loosing it because it has no reversal optuon but then once you sent it to a mistaken address you can't get it back. Both has a downside but both works well also. It just depends on where I use it and to whom I receive or send the payment to.
lama-hunter

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:25:07 AM

The only downside of paypal for me is it's charge back option. Yes, it is necessary to protect the buyer or seller but then it can be misused with people scamming. They use the chargeback even if the deal went smooth without you knowing that your paypal is already negged. I like bitcoin because I can accept it from whoever without the risk of loosing it because it has no reversal optuon but then once you sent it to a mistaken address you can't get it back. Both has a downside but both works well also. It just depends on where I use it and to whom I receive or send the payment to.

Yes your right i lost over 200 dollar like that..

they guys gonne scam you.. anyways

regards
lama-hunter
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:27:13 AM

Charge back sucks if the deal is about digital goods, but if item traded is a physical goods then nothing to worry about it if you have everything well documented. It's just Bitcoin and Paypal users who doesn't like the mix of this two.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:30:19 AM

Charge back sucks if the deal is about digital goods, but if item traded is a physical goods then nothing to worry about it if you have everything well documented. It's just Bitcoin and Paypal users who doesn't like the mix of this two.

But seller who wanted to scam could send an empty envelope with tracking number to evade dispute process, according to a reply here. How to overcome such scammers?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:34:38 AM

regards
lama-hunter
is like phising ? i think paypal can recover your money right ?

Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:24:59 AM

I only use Paypal in my ebay selling. I do not use it anywhere else. If it adopts bitcoin, I will use Paypal more.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:30:55 AM

regards
lama-hunter

Its different than phising. Paypal closes accounts if they do not agree with your activity. Activity that can get your account closed is donating to wikileaks, whistleblowers, donating to some charity, buying bitcoin using paypal or others. Sometimes accounts are closed for apparently no reason. A google search gets you a list of people with closed accounts complaining.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Kepler510

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Power The world for FREE!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:36:25 AM

my opinion. I would choose the BTC as currency to pay for my online shopping.

Because of the working system of the BTC. BTC did not provide a limit for sending or receiving, instead the PP may be suspect with very large transactions within a day.

But, still a little or even no online stores that accept payment via BTC. And I hope in the future all the online store accepts payments via BTC.

Because the BTC is a very special currency
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:32:39 PM

regards
lama-hunter

Its different than phising. Paypal closes accounts if they do not agree with your activity. Activity that can get your account closed is donating to wikileaks, whistleblowers, donating to some charity, buying bitcoin using paypal or others. Sometimes accounts are closed for apparently no reason. A google search gets you a list of people with closed accounts complaining.

There is obviously a reason, why would paypal close random accounts just to destroy their own reputation? Everytime one of those guys that ''didn't do anything'' get their account closed they start complaining when they know what they have done.
RyanX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:38:58 PM

The fee for paypal is quite high. When it integrates bitcoin, the fee might be reduced. I will use it more.

biggbox

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 02:33:23 PM

The fee for paypal is quite high. When it integrates bitcoin, the fee might be reduced. I will use it more.

The beauty of coins is the ability to cut off cumbersome middleman fees and commissions. Look at how Paypal is earning by taking commission from sales and receiving funds. Sellers often have to jack up prices to cover these fees. With coins, theoretically these issues are resolved and could make sales cheaper.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Flickr

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:57:54 PM

What are your opinions on paypal or bitcoin for online shopping?
bitcoins so easy to spend i use bitcoins only no paypal because of chargeback in it and fraud transactions
NordicRanger

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:01:34 PM

I would love to use bitcoin more for online payments and such but unfortunately it's not accepted as much as paypal is. So I'd have to go for paypal for now. Once more shops and online stores accept bitcoin I will use bitcoin whenever I can to pay for stuff.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:11:52 PM

Bitcoin is my preferred payment method although as others have mentioned it isn't as widespread as that of Paypal at the moment and Bitcoin -> Paypal trades are not really worth the high fee.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:16:44 PM

they will not integrate bitcoin, they are kind of competitors(one is against the buyers the other against the sellers), they said something about integrating it in the past but it was not even an announcement, it seems they forget about it completely

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:28:44 PM

they will not integrate bitcoin, they are kind of competitors(one is against the buyers the other against the sellers), they said something about integrating it in the past but it was not even an announcement, it seems they forget about it completely

I would bet my life as well that they won't integrate us in the near future, maybe even ever! They are very conscious of what kind of competition we are for them and to boost our ecosystem, even though they would profit as well from doing so, I don't think that will happen!
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:58:49 PM

But seller who wanted to scam could send an empty envelope with tracking number to evade dispute process, according to a reply here. How to overcome such scammers?
Try to make an opening video, sometimes it helps. Or, if size matters, you can measure the envelope and check if the item would have fit in it if the scammer really sends it. If the envelope is smaller then the item, it's another fact to prove your right.
Another thing to consider. A friend of mine has received some little plastic something (like an earphone dust plug for a smartphone, so basically a little nothing) instead of the phone itself. He opened a claim at paypal, and the decision was to send that little piece of plastic back to the seller (buyer pays return post of course) to grt the money back. Post was nearly equal to the price of the scammer's item, so sometimes it's better if you receive an empty envelope Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: