Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 138279 times)
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:48:11 AM

when you know bitcoin then at that moment you will begin to leave paypal.
ptiper21

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:23:27 AM

I hate paypal... Bitcoin for everything!
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:30:38 AM

Better sooner then later Bitcoin will show paypal there is no room now.

Everyday using paypal is 1 day too much
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 05:27:53 AM

Your $ in Paypal is just information stored and guaranteed by Paypal; likewise, your BTC in Bitcoin is just information stored and guaranteed by the Bitcoin protocol.  The difference is that Paypal can rewrite your balance at any time, and it usually isn’t $92 Quadrillion in your favor.  Paypal is a centralized way to move money and the benefits of that are numerous: buyer and seller protection, chargebacks, etc.  However, the abuse of centralized systems such as Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard has caused the average merchant to tack on ~10% premium on their prices to deal with associated transaction fees, and exponentially increased risks of fraud.  This is the exact reason why most brick and mortar institutions will offer a cash discount, and also a Bitcoin discount should they chose to accept Bitcoin.

source
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 06:19:17 AM

This is true, but not every website accept Bitcoin, yet. TBH, I am still using both. Smiley

Life sucks.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:55:08 AM

well, I can tell you one story.

Before years, I ordered two BFL mining rigs. one paid by bitcoin, second one by paypal. and now, you can guess, what was recovered and what what lost forever. I hope, that you will find answer for your OP question.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:34:59 AM

Before years, I ordered two BFL mining rigs. one paid by bitcoin, second one by paypal. and now, you can guess, what was recovered and what what lost forever. I hope, that you will find answer for your OP question.

ehm, paypal was the escrower in that example, with bitcoin you simply did not used one, that's your problem

so no bitcoin is still miles ahead versur paypal
cracker95

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:00:19 AM

What are your opinions on paypal or bitcoin for online shopping?
bitcoin very easy
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:02:39 AM

I prefer use bitcoin because using bitcoin is more simple than paypal. and making paypal account need verification and bitcoin no need verification that make us anonymous.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:28:21 AM

I prefer use bitcoin because using bitcoin is more simple than paypal. and making paypal account need verification and bitcoin no need verification that make us anonymous.

you should prefer not posting bullshit like this post, just because it is paid by signature campaign.

regarding PP verification, it must be done only once for each card, so maybe once per 3-5 years, so no problem at all. if you really think, that bitcoin usage is easier then paypal, you should maybe start using paypal mobile app. it is fast, secure and super easy.

and you know what? when something goes wrong with paypal payment, there is always somebody, who can help you, refund you and stay on your side. with fancy bitcoin, you can be scammed by some motherfucker from another piece of world and literally nobody will help you. regarding anynomity...I have to laugh here. you are not using mail on some major provider like google or yahoo? you don't have smartphone, SIM card, VISA card? you are going outside only with scarf? and finally, you think, that bitcoin is so called "anonymous" or make YOU anonymous?

jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:49:34 AM

Paypal is still more universally accepted in online shops, soo I will go with paypal

if bitcoin became more acceptable to a lot of online shops , then i will use bitcoin for my daily use. For now, Paypal.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:42:58 PM

Paypal is still more universally accepted in online shops, soo I will go with paypal

if bitcoin became more acceptable to a lot of online shops , then i will use bitcoin for my daily use. For now, Paypal.

i will have to agree on this with you paypal is widely accepted but there is not anything you can not buy with bitcoins any more if 10 business of same thing there are 8 accept paypal 2 of them must accept bitcoins  even those who dont accept bitcoins directly you can shop with bitcoins using some middle man like purse for amazon 

Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:14:47 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 02:39:38 PM by Xialla

ehm, paypal was the escrower in that example, with bitcoin you simply did not used one, that's your problem

they didn't accept any escrow during time of purchase (like 99.9% merchants/vendors). - but you know this, don't you?

I know, that you must post anything to get paid and you are blindly defending bitcoin in all circumstances, but time to time is cool to just go outside and ask so called "average" people about their opinion about paypal and bitcoin...maybe those will open you eyes, once you will leave your stupid small world of hunting posts here. now putting you back to ignore..
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:44:18 PM

What? Bitcoin is overall more dangerous when you are buying stuff, a lot of websites that accept bitcoin are not profesional or big business therefore risky and since you can't call anyone to give you back your bitcoins there is nothing you can really do, you can't even go to the police, I mean you can but what can they do?
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:53:51 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 03:09:27 PM by relq

you should prefer not posting bullshit like this post, just because it is paid by signature campaign.

regarding PP verification, it must be done only once for each card, so maybe once per 3-5 years, so no problem at all. if you really think, that bitcoin usage is easier then paypal, you should maybe start using paypal mobile app. it is fast, secure and super easy.

and you know what? when something goes wrong with paypal payment, there is always somebody, who can help you, refund you and stay on your side. with fancy bitcoin, you can be scammed by some motherfucker from another piece of world and literally nobody will help you. regarding anynomity...I have to laugh here. you are not using mail on some major provider like google or yahoo? you don't have smartphone, SIM card, VISA card? you are going outside only with scarf? and finally, you think, that bitcoin is so called "anonymous" or make YOU anonymous?

?
Then what should i post ? the question is paypal or bitcoin ? and i choose bitcoin and explain why i choose bitcoin. That's it. and what's your problem ? you don't know how hard to verification paypal in my country. and not everyone in my country have card. stop bashing people who choose bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:27:50 PM

they didn't accept any escrow during time of purchase (like 99.9% merchants/vendors). - but you know this, don't you?

I know, that you must post anything to get paid and you are blindly defending bitcoin in all circumstances, but time to time is cool to just go outside and ask so called "average" people about their opinion about paypal and bitcoin...maybe those will open you eyes, once you will leave your stupid small world of hunting posts here. now putting you back to ignore..

then the problem is not related to bitcoin but to the company that scammed, you, so your comparison with paypal is no sense here, since you're basically comparing BFL with paypal, and saying that paypal is better

not sure if trolling to be honest, and please stop with this "sig spam no sense" there is no spam here, from me, the only no-sense here is in your post

What? Bitcoin is overall more dangerous when you are buying stuff, a lot of websites that accept bitcoin are not profesional or big business therefore risky and since you can't call anyone to give you back your bitcoins there is nothing you can really do, you can't even go to the police, I mean you can but what can they do?

you didn't grasp my post at all, i said that if he used a trusted escrow who kept the money when he made the purchase, he would not have lost anything, since the escrow would only release the coins when you say that the goods arrived

paypal work as a intermediary, paypal is simply an escrow...
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:30:43 PM

absolutely wrong, i always pay my web hosting bill with bit coins and i am with a well established and old company and also microsoft is accepting bitcoins people get scamed its nothing to do with bitcoins people get scamed even when they are dealing with fiat direct hand to hand

and about the chargeback yes its good bitcoins dont have it many scammers scam with paypal change back

is the same using paypal or bitcoin,
i will choose the majority in my country
-snipped-

you can not have your signature inside your post and you can not just post is after every post you made

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:54:50 PM

I prefer bitcoin over anything else but since bitcoin isn't accepted as much as paypal is, I would have to choose paypal.
I would use bitcoin more if I had more option to pay with it.
you're right, for the moment is limited to use bitcoin buy something online,
Most merchants only accept paypal, no accepted bitcoin
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:12:14 PM

This is true, but not every website accept Bitcoin, yet. TBH, I am still using both. Smiley

Even we have realized that bitcoin has many advantages over PayPal, due to the lack of acceptance by many web sites and market giants, we are forced to use PayPal still. This lead for using both bitcoin and Paypal is the situation most of the bitcoiner is currently doing.

Yes. I too use both the payment methods.
As long as bitcoin goes main stream, we will be using both. But I prefer bitcoin as it's easy and hassle free. Except that bitcoin payment is irreversible,it has all the advantages.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:02:48 PM

Paypal as something like 90% of merchants,that mooves the big money online,the rest is shared with bitcoin and others services.We have a big community behind bitcoin,but we cant alone change the minds for those who sell or buy ,paypal currently protect the buyer and eat the seller,but well bitcoin has no benefict for any part besides the low fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: