Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182669 times)
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:05:51 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 01:24:08 AM by iotatoken

IOTA CROWDSALE IS OVER

1 month ago, after weeks of rumours and speculation, we unveiled a unique project that had been in stealth development for months: IOTA - The economy of Internet-of-Things.
If you are unfamiliar with what this completely new kind of crypto is all about head over to www.iotatoken.com to get an introduction. Also check out the thread here on BTT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.0
Since the unveiling a lot of people has eagerly asked us daily via forums, PMs and mail for details of the upcoming crowdsale and how to acquire iotas. We are happy to finally be able to share the details and answers with you all, and also to invite everyone onboard this ambitious project.

This is the only official crowdsale of IOTA that there will ever be. This is it, in its entirety. There is absolutely no premine or presale to exclusive and privileged investors of any kind. Everyone is equal and has the same opportunity. So if you want to get ahold of iotas from day 1 and be part of writing a new chapter in crypto and IoT, this is your one chance.

How to purchase and collect your iotas

Step 1: Simply deposit the purchase sum to this address:

1G8hh3bHMMhZSATwisBVbGFSYBKK3Suib8

from a bitcoin address that you are in complete control of. (Min amount: 0.001 BTC. Has to be standard tx. This is to prevent spam)

Step 2: After the sale ends you can collect your iotas from collect.iotatoken.com (goes live on 22nd of December)

Step 3. This site will instruct you to send a very tiny, but specific BTC sum, for example 0.000xyz BTC from the very same bitcoin address that you deposited your purchase sum from. This is to prove your ownership so that we can ensure that the rightful buyers gets their iotas.

This means that you can not purchase via depositing directly from an account at an exchange or equivalent which often change the sender address repeatedly.

Re-read these steps carefully before purchasing! If you are unable to prove that you own the bitcoin address that the bitcoins were sent from, the iotas will be forfeited.

Offering

999 999 999 iotas is up for sale.
This amount will be distributed between the buyers proportionate to their individual purchase sum. E.G. if your purchase sum make up 5% of the total sum of all purchases, you will get 5% of all the iotas for sale. (obviously including early bird schedule)

Accepted currencies

Bitcoin

JINN tokens locked at a fixed value of 0.0063 BTC per token.

Duration and schedule

Duration: 27 days.
Date: 25th November at 2 PM UTC - December 21st 11:59 PM UTC.

Schedule

Pioneer 15% more iotas.      

9 days from 25 November - 3 December at 2 PM UTC

Early adopter 7.5% more iotas       

9 days from 3 December - 12 December at 2 PM UTC

Slightly-less-but-still-very-early adopter      

9 days from 12 December - 21 December at 11:59 PM / 23:59  UTC

[/s]

Purpose of the crowdsale

Development. The crowdsale funds will be used for further development and finalization of the IOTA software as well as development of the Jinn hardware processor which will strengthen and help bootstrap the network in its growing phase. Additionally funds will be used on marketing efforts to help nurture the growth of the IOTA network and  community.

Prevent hoarding whales from stifling the project. If the tokens had not been sold but instead distributed through a sign-up scheme or mining of some sort, centralization would inevitably arise and usage of sybil type strategies would cheat the system.

Kickstart the ecosystem. As these tokens exist in limited quantity and every single one of them is sold in this exclusive crowdsale, it is imperative that the people who end up with them value their utility and functionality in such a manner that they have an incentive keep them useful and valuable. This is absolutely vital for organic growth of IOTA.

Terms and Risk

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YouScam

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:06:22 PM

People should keep in mind that ICOs are mostly scams.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:07:21 PM

Obviously. Build hype for 1 month then have a crowd sale  Roll Eyes
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:17:49 PM

Why not utilize the NXT asset exchange or monetary system for this?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:20:54 PM

Thank you, advice from a newbie account is especially valuable. I'm just curious if you think that BTT users are that stupid that they need advice like yours or you just want to buy most of the tokens but keep the others away of it?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:22:21 PM

Obviously. Build hype for 1 month then have a crowd sale  Roll Eyes

The same as the post above in case if you are two different persons and not just sockpuppets of the one.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:22:54 PM

Why not utilize the NXT asset exchange or monetary system for this?

Because of illiquidity, we need Bitcoin.

iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:24:00 PM

Obviously. Build hype for 1 month then have a crowd sale  Roll Eyes

We announced that we were going to have a crowdsale from day 1. Troll on somewhere else

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:25:18 PM

Reserved for me......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:29:05 PM

Will there be procedure to participate with Jinn assets?
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:29:14 PM

Oh, one more question.  I've created an IOTA account/pubkey.  Do we need to publish this to the BTC blockchain (as you instructed earlier many pages ago) BEFORE Wednesday, or will those instructions also be included at that time.  I do not have a BTC address and I'll need to transfer funds and post the message. My money is on loan at POLO and I can't get it out until tomorrow.  I'll have to hustle if I need to post my address.

It's not urgent to publish the Iota keys.

so what about iota pub keys ,do we need to publish it on btc blockchain?
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:30:33 PM

Will there be procedure to participate with Jinn assets?

Yes, I'm finishing the post on nxtforum as I type this:)

Krypt
Legendary

Activity: 1538
Merit: 1093

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:30:51 PM

IOTA Crowdsale

1 month ago, after weeks of rumours and speculation, we unveiled a unique project that had been in stealth development for months: IOTA - The economy of Internet-of-Things.
If you are unfamiliar with what this completely new kind of crypto is all about head over to www.iotatoken.com to get an introduction. Also check out the thread here on BTT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.0
Since the unveiling a lot of people has eagerly asked us daily via forums, PMs and mail for details of the upcoming crowdsale and how to acquire iotas. We are happy to finally be able to share the details and answers with you all, and also to invite everyone onboard this ambitious project.

This is the only official crowdsale of IOTA that there will ever be. This is it, in its entirety. There is absolutely no premine or presale to exclusive and privileged investors of any kind. Everyone is equal and has the same opportunity. So if you want to get ahold of iotas from day 1 and be part of writing a new chapter in crypto and IoT, this is your one chance.

How to purchase and collect your iotas

Step 1: Simply deposit the purchase sum to this address:

1G8hh3bHMMhZSATwisBVbGFSYBKK3Suib8

from a bitcoin address that you are in complete control of. (Min amount: 0.001 BTC. Has to be standard tx. This is to prevent spam)

Step 2: After the sale ends you can collect your iotas from collect.iotatoken.com (goes live on 22nd of December)

Step 3. This site will instruct you to send a very tiny, but specific BTC sum, for example 0.000xyz BTC from the very same bitcoin address that you deposited your purchase sum from. This is to prove your ownership so that we can ensure that the rightful buyers gets their iotas.

This means that you can not purchase via depositing directly from an account at an exchange or equivalent which often change the sender address repeatedly.

Re-read these steps carefully before purchasing! If you are unable to prove that you own the bitcoin address that the bitcoins were sent from, the iotas will be forfeited.

Offering

999 999 999 iotas is up for sale.
This amount will be distributed between the buyers proportionate to their individual purchase sum. E.G. if your purchase sum make up 5% of the total sum of all purchases, you will get 5% of all the iotas for sale. (obviously including early bird schedule)

Accepted currencies

Bitcoin

JINN tokens locked at a fixed value of 0.0063 BTC per token.

Duration and schedule

Duration: 27 days.
Date: 25th November at 2 PM UTC - December 21st 11:59 PM UTC.

Schedule

Pioneer 15% more iotas.      

9 days from 25 November - 3 December at 2 PM UTC

Early adopter 7.5% more iotas       

9 days from 3 December - 12 December at 2 PM UTC

Slightly-less-but-still-very-early adopter      

9 days from 12 December - 21 December at 11.59 PM UTC

Purpose of the crowdsale

Development. The crowdsale funds will be used for further development and finalization of the IOTA software as well as development of the Jinn hardware processor which will strengthen and help bootstrap the network in its growing phase. Additionally funds will be used on marketing efforts to help nurture the growth of the IOTA network and  community.

Prevent hoarding whales from stifling the project. If the tokens had not been sold but instead distributed through a sign-up scheme or mining of some sort, centralization would inevitably arise and usage of sybil type strategies would cheat the system.

Kickstart the ecosystem. As these tokens exist in limited quantity and every single one of them is sold in this exclusive crowdsale, it is imperative that the people who end up with them value their utility and functionality in such a manner that they have an incentive keep them useful and valuable. This is absolutely vital for organic growth of IOTA.

Terms and Risk http://188.138.57.93/risk.pdf
Just to preserve your offering.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:31:40 PM

Oh, one more question.  I've created an IOTA account/pubkey.  Do we need to publish this to the BTC blockchain (as you instructed earlier many pages ago) BEFORE Wednesday, or will those instructions also be included at that time.  I do not have a BTC address and I'll need to transfer funds and post the message. My money is on loan at POLO and I can't get it out until tomorrow.  I'll have to hustle if I need to post my address.

It's not urgent to publish the Iota keys.

so what about iota pub keys ,do we need to publish it on btc blockchain?

Not now no, we chose an easier method. We realized that the steps required for the blockchain.info signature route was way too many, so we changed it. Read  Step 2 and 3

Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:33:34 PM

If I read this document there are a lot of risks. But thanks that you are so open about them, especially if you don't have a lot of knowledge like me in this market.

CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:34:12 PM

I stay away from crowdsales but this is blatantly worth a gamble  Cool
ChiefCoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:36:43 PM

999 999 999 iotas is up for sale
and how many total of iotas?
you should show all detail info .  how many iotas that dev team hold it , what about the development fund ?
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:36:51 PM

If I read this document there are a lot of risks. But thanks that you are so open about them, especially if you don't have a lot of knowledge like me in this market.

For sure, with all revolutionary technology there are great risks and it's the right thing to be open about it, even in a space like crypto where people are used to risk.

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 02:37:29 PM

As as said in your announcement thread, let's see how it goes. Wink
Lot of people from NXT scene out there Roll Eyes

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
YouScam

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:37:53 PM

Thank you, advice from a newbie account is especially valuable. I'm just curious if you think that BTT users are that stupid that they need advice like yours or you just want to buy most of the tokens but keep the others away of it?
You could be part of the team, shilling this shitcoin.
Cool story bro.

Defend harder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: