Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:54:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182672 times)
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:44:52 PM

Tips are what remain to be validated, and they are transactions.  Might as well call it a Transaction Chain explorer or of we stick to the established rhetoric, a Tangle Explorer.

Tangle Navigator  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:20:38 PM

What do we say IOTA devs? Any ETA to a wallet in some form?

FOR RENT.
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:03:24 PM

Tips are what remain to be validated, and they are transactions.  Might as well call it a Transaction Chain explorer or of we stick to the established rhetoric, a Tangle Explorer.
IOTA Explorer. Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:48:24 AM

how to claim iota?
"Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership."
the collect.iota site says the above, but there is no form below with "Send", just the form for NXT purchases. Also I cant find the client to run it
James

I think that it is too late for you to claim your coins through that website. The genesis has bee created and your coins will be distributed to you from the unclaimed coins by the devs directly. You need to contact CfB to claim your coin.  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.msg13639453#msg13639453
Tobo

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:03:53 AM

The procedure on the collect.iota.com is bogus currently, you have to contact developers.
@iotatoken: this is exactly what I have told you - the procedure on the site is/was misleading and confusing. And you did not update it even though I sent you a corrected version and updated version as I was asked by CfB, and you promised to update it. All this is irrelevant currently, but the "aftertaste" of this attitude remains (to me at least). That is the reason I will not connect to your Ryver - its not interesting to deal with people who listen only themselves. Not that you care of me connecting to your Ryver.., but I have to tell this.
Don't get me wrong, I still like this project, and respect you... Maybe that is reason I tell this, not just silently sit here. Hope this behaviour is not inherent, and you'll listen more to the community members, even if those will not be me.

Hi drays, I understand your frustration. I think the reason devs did not make the change is purely because of timing. On one hand, that website is not a priority any more. On another hand they have been extremely busy in the testing and launching of the software and working on promoting Iota and preparing the document for the events. Actually Iota has been presented in one IoT event in Israel in last week and the the reaction is very encouraging. You don't see the activities here. But if you sign up Ryver you would have seen it and understand it. Please do send your email to Iotatoken and sign up on Ryver. There are so many things which need all members get involved in and we really need people like you.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:12:57 AM

the collect.iota site says the above, but there is no form below with "Send", just the form for NXT purchases. Also I cant find the client to run it

The procedure on the collect.iota.com is bogus currently, you have to contact developers.

@iotatoken: this is exactly what I have told you - the procedure on the site is/was misleading and confusing. And you did not update it even though I sent you a corrected version and updated version as I was asked by CfB, and you promised to update it. All this is irrelevant currently, but the "aftertaste" of this attitude remains (to me at least). That is the reason I will not connect to your Ryver - its not interesting to deal with people who listen only themselves. Not that you care of me connecting to your Ryver.., but I have to tell this.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this project, and respect you... Maybe that is reason I tell this, not just silently sit here. Hope this behaviour is not inherent, and you'll listen more to the community members, even if those will not be me.

How was the claiming misleading? it took literally 2 minutes if you just read the description? I don't understand how so many people have issues claiming.

FOR RENT.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:30:42 AM

Sorry man but I think you should get another hobby, one that doesn't require any selfstudy, or drive to learn something.
Stop this nonsence please.

I thought all of his corrections made sense. Most of the iota members claimed their iotas already so the site is not extremely important right now, but the site should be updated with new instructions to contact cfb, no?

Anyway, if you keep bashing you'll drive away a potential iota users. We want users!
MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:50:19 AM

Which exchanges have iota?
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:16:09 PM

Which exchanges have iota?

Really? Join Ryver if you are interested. IOTA member will give you access if you PM him.

FOR RENT.
anewafresh

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:27:56 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 12:44:01 PM by anewafresh

the site should be updated with new instructions to contact cfb, no?

It definitely should. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

EDIT: That being said, I can understand why it is not a priority. Someone who has invested will somehow finally figure out things as it is to his own benefit. What is more important is the beta testing and the subsequent mainnet release. Plus, most IOTA investors have collected already and for those that still haven't, it probably serves them right to run around a bit to collect them Tongue

IOTA - iotatoken.com
Tobo

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:07:26 PM

I think you can PM him or post to his attention here. Everyone can PM iotatoken or yassin54 with his/her email address for the invitation for Ryver.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:57:41 PM

I think you can PM him or post to his attention here. Everyone can PM iotatoken or yassin54 with his/her email address for the invitation for Ryver.
everybody, You are welcome, just sent Mp with your email!!  Wink
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:10:32 PM

Hi there!

Can anybody explain me -any profit to buy IOTA now on AE or to wait a little and buy on Poloniex.com ?

Thanks for help,

Cheers

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
P-Funk

Activity: 360

Token

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:14:27 PM

If you think IOTA price will rise above what you can get it for on the NXT AE (I wouldn't be surprised) and you feel you can trust those offering the swap, then buy some.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:09:22 PM

If you think IOTA price will rise above what you can get it for on the NXT AE (I wouldn't be surprised) and you feel you can trust those offering the swap, then buy some.

I took part of the crowdsale and I'm buying more before price explodes. Once hardware is in place, IOTA will be worth $100 mil+

FOR RENT.
Wanderlust

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:50:46 PM

I took part of the crowdsale and I'm buying more before price explodes. Once hardware is in place, IOTA will be worth $100 mil+

Whatever dude

You wanna change the future?

Step 1: Fuck money

It's the Satoshi way
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:12:50 PM

And I responded to your request at the time. There is no 'attitude', except 'attitude' of getting things done. We decided that since we were ready in terms of back-end, that we should start genesis and initial testing, at which point the automated collection process no longer works. If someone hasn't collected their IOTA within the first month I doubt they will complain about having to do one additional step to get their iotas. I also assume that 99% would prefer for us to get the testing and IOTA launched ASAP more than wait another 60 days for testing to commence just to have the automated collection part on the website for the minority left that hasn't collected. In addition to this I very much doubt that anyone really got a big problem with reaching out to either me or CfB, as we are pretty much available every single day, most hours of the day and night.

The website will be updated shortly to include this bit of info, it wasn't already due to server maintenance issue and SSH key being on other laptop that is only accessed when needed ( for safety concerns ).

You are entirely entitled to do whatever you wish, if you don't want to join the Ryver and actively partake in the IOTA core, that's fine, no one is forcing you. As for your comment "people who only listen to themselves", that is just a rather pathetic ad hominem. We listen to everyone, but we can't give in to every single request from every single person, we got to keep the WHOLE of IOTA in mind.

jenea4pda

Activity: 382

Iota and JINN

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:07:13 PM

I think , that's developing of the collect.iota site - is the last thing about must thinking our IOTA developers.

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:57:52 PM

And I responded to your request at the time. There is no 'attitude', except 'attitude' of getting things done. We decided that since we were ready in terms of back-end, that we should start genesis and initial testing, at which point the automated collection process no longer works. If someone hasn't collected their IOTA within the first month I doubt they will complain about having to do one additional step to get their iotas. I also assume that 99% would prefer for us to get the testing and IOTA launched ASAP more than wait another 60 days for testing to commence just to have the automated collection part on the website for the minority left that hasn't collected. In addition to this I very much doubt that anyone really got a big problem with reaching out to either me or CfB, as we are pretty much available every single day, most hours of the day and night.

The website will be updated shortly to include this bit of info, it wasn't already due to server maintenance issue and SSH key being on other laptop that is only accessed when needed ( for safety concerns ).

You are entirely entitled to do whatever you wish, if you don't want to join the Ryver and actively partake in the IOTA core, that's fine, no one is forcing you. As for your comment "people who only listen to themselves", that is just a rather pathetic ad hominem. We listen to everyone, but we can't give in to every single request from every single person, we got to keep the WHOLE of IOTA in mind.

Yes, the complaint may have a very small point, but it's rather weak when viewed in context. Of course we would all much rather you eggheads used your smarts with the actual work and testing rather than procrastinate and perfect a one-off collection process for 300 people. No one can even use their coins yet so who cares about collection really at this point?! It's so minor it's not worth bringing up or distracting the devs with imo.

On another note, ty for all your hard work to the devs. Really appreciate being allowed to participate in this and having the chance to leech off your genius Smiley
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:04:46 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 09:46:18 PM by drays

Thanks a lot for explanation. Everyone has his own viewpoint, I understood yours, hopefully you understood mine.
This was not meant to be an "ad hominem" at all, moreover a "pathetic" one Smiley

Thank you Tobo and other guys for understanding; thanks to a newbie guy for your... ehm... lets call it "valuable" advice. I suppose such a deep insight comes from the level of your understanding of the topic. I noticed newbies on this forum tend to be the most "advanced" and "smart" ones somehow Roll Eyes. BCT is lucky, rare forums have such wonderful newbies Grin

Anyway, as the relevancy and importance of this topic are long gone, lets discuss more interesting ones...

What is the main forum topic for IOTA? This one, or the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.1600? Are you going to one a fresh one as soon as the main-net is released? Or.. I have to connect to Ryver..?  Wink

... this space is not for rent ...
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: