Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112095 times)
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Of course it is cause you can use Bitcoin to pay for bill or purchase anything you need but Bitcoin need to be legalized to can be used worldwide. Moreover although Bitcoin is not legalized worldwide but you are still able to exchange it into cash to pay for anything as long as it's not banned in your country. These cases made me think that Bitcoin is money Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paul27

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:08:06 PM

Bitcoin is convertible to fiat money cash using an online, wallet therefore it justify that its a money and you can cash it out through bank affiliated with the wallet site.
blackr15

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:56:48 AM

What is Bitcoin's money. bitcoin is the virtual currency. sophisticated digital currency ...

bitcoin was ranked number 1 at the time because of its very high price ...
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:07:18 AM

In my perception a thing that you can exchange or from the word currency, bitcoin is money.

Dava.Dina

Activity: 296

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:08:50 AM

Bitcoin is a kind of digital currency where you can use it through internet usage, and you can trade it into cash to pay anything as long as it is not prohibited in your country.

we all know that money has its own meaning, Money and bitcoin have the same characteristics as can be used as payment of goods and services but in different aspects, but Bitcoin needs to be legalized in order to be used all over the world.
dalek

Activity: 382

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:51:04 PM

bitcoin is not money but asset like gold. not worth if use bitcoin for buy a things.
buy bitcoin invest bitcoin why buy money for money if bitcoin is money?
But gold is money as well, maybe people do not use it like that anymore but that is not important gold was used as money for a lot longer than any fiat currency and if people do not adopt bitcoin then it is very likely that gold makes a huge comeback when the fiat system collapses.
Gold is not money, it is an asset and you can convert it to money. Money is FIAT, Gold has value but you can not call it is money. Money can use to payment but we can not use Gold to that. Therefore, you need to know the difference between FIAT and asset.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:23:00 PM

bitcoin is not money but asset like gold. not worth if use bitcoin for buy a things.
But gold is money as well, maybe people do not use it like that anymore but that is not important gold was used as money for a lot longer than any fiat currency and if people do not adopt bitcoin then it is very likely that gold makes a huge comeback when the fiat system collapses.
Gold is not money, it is an asset and you can convert it to money. Money is FIAT, Gold has value but you can not call it is money. Money can use to payment but we can not use Gold to that. Therefore, you need to know the difference between FIAT and asset.
yes gold is an asset that is now starting to decline demand because of the bitcoin
and gold must be exchanged with money first so it can be used in terms of purchase transactions

winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:27:13 AM

I disagree, gold is money, it has been used in that way since the birth of civilization, just because people no longer accept it as such because it is forbidden in the law does not change the history, so gold is money and bitcoin is money too even if many governments are trying to say that bitcoin is an asset as well.
wulidada

Activity: 174

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:05:52 AM

Bitcoin is money, because money can be converted into equivalent bitcoin, bit currency is also converted into equivalent money, a bit like gold, so bitcoin can be money. Smiley

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
meida

Activity: 175

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:30:41 AM

The relationship between bitcoin and money, like the relationship between gold and money, can be exchanged for the same amount of money, although Bitcoin is not money, but the value of Bitcoin is higher than the money, because bitcoins are scarce, and gold.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Vasul17

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:37:06 AM

Bitcoin is the digital capital of the future, which has already become realistic
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:37:53 AM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
    • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

Yes bitcoin is money. Bitcoin is a crypto currency. Bitcoin is an online money. But it can be a money in the real world. You can convert bitcoin as moneh. A dollar, peso, or other kinds of money that you want. The use of bitcoin is to buy thing in online. You can used bitcoin to buy some new things or gadgets or foods also. Some countries accept bitcoin as payment. Therefore you don't need to convert it as money.
    mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
    November 02, 2017, 09:02:18 AM

as of now personally i wouldn't consider bitcoin as money yet.
    it is still too volatile to be called as money.
    it will be very risky to use it as a money since you don't know what could happen in its price tomorrow.
    hopefully one day it can reach that point.
    but as of now i'll just call it as asset.
    Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
    › › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
    ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
    adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
    November 02, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

It can also be said as a money because it is used in trade, it also can be considered as asset something similar to home and land and vehicles.
    Peppystatik

Activity: 11

View Profile
    November 02, 2017, 09:59:10 AM

yes gold is an asset that is now starting to decline demand because of the bitcoin
    and gold must be exchanged with money first so it can be used in terms of purchase transactions
    I agree with you gold is an asset but bitcoin is money too and i think this is more money to us that in real life money because some people almost made this their daily job and are earning a lot from it.
    skarais
    Legendary

Activity: 2478
    Merit: 2096

View Profile WWW
    November 02, 2017, 10:09:42 AM

In my opinion,bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency developed in 2009.
    bitcoin is not a banknote or coin but bitcoin is money,digital money.
    bitcoin can be sent to anyone,wherever and whenever you want to send it.
    Maybe this currency will be very popular in the future to come because since the first time bitcoin appears, bitcoin has grown rapidly.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
      ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
       ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
    ▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
    ██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
    ██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
    ███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
    ██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
     █▄▄████████ █████   ███
      ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
         ▀▀████   ████▀▀
    BITCOIN
    DICE
    EVENT
    BETTING
    WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    .PLAY NOW.
    Cuqelemyr

Activity: 6

View Profile
    November 02, 2017, 10:12:20 AM

Bitcoin is a online crypto currency witch you should see the same as gold. Because with gold you can't really buy things. But with bitcoin you can buy some things online just like gold. But bitcoin is just not that popular yet to use it as a form of paying method.
    teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
    Merit: 12

View Profile
    November 02, 2017, 08:20:06 PM

Bitcoin is money. It is used for all forms of transaction and exchange.
    phuclzu12

Activity: 103

View Profile
    November 02, 2017, 09:56:45 PM

I agree with you gold is an asset but bitcoin is money too and i think this is more money to us that in real life money because some people almost made this their daily job and are earning a lot from it.
    It not important, I do not care the Bitcoin can helps me make money or not, because most of my salary are from the altcoin communtiy, it is not from Bitcoin. However, Gold can helps me have a saving money for long term without any risk.
    Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
    November 03, 2017, 09:39:39 PM

It depends on the perspective of a person on how he/she looks at the use of bitcoins. I am working on bounty campaigns and i take at as a sideline as the value of bitcoins is increasing consistently there is no doubt that everyone will be attracted and start to invest.
    I disagree there is a very clear definition of what can be money and why it needs to become money and bitcoin fits all the characteristic needed to become money so no matter how much people may try to deny the fact that bitcoin is money, bitcoin is money whether they like it or not.
    Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 156 »
      Print  

Jump to: