Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:10:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO UPDATE CGMINER on BAMT 0.5.c  (Read 29016 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 02:30:26 AM

Apparently there is an official BAMT update which curtails the cgminer problem now.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:14:31 AM

If it possible my BAMT is not working because I did not start with a fresh copy of bamt 0.5c?  I had already had my machine updated with all updates.  Would this cause an issue?

No.

"How" is it not working?

I am not smart enough to post specific details.  I am fairly confident every step went smoothly, and am guessing the error was my part when updating the BAMT .conf and the cgminer .conf, but I was just copy pasting from this thread.  (I understand this provides absolutely no help to you) Is there possibly a log file or something you could point me towards that I could copy and paste here?

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
logicbomb666

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:28:32 AM

Apparently there is an official BAMT update which curtails the cgminer problem now.

Do you have a link to this update/version?  I am not able to find anything in a google search.

.... oh god, please don't tell me its BAMT 0.51D only available through the piratebay?

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:28:06 PM

If it possible my BAMT is not working because I did not start with a fresh copy of bamt 0.5c?  I had already had my machine updated with all updates.  Would this cause an issue?

No.

"How" is it not working?

I am not smart enough to post specific details.  I am fairly confident every step went smoothly, and am guessing the error was my part when updating the BAMT .conf and the cgminer .conf, but I was just copy pasting from this thread.  (I understand this provides absolutely no help to you) Is there possibly a log file or something you could point me towards that I could copy and paste here?

I guess you misunderstand me.

What do you see that leads you to believe that it is not working?  Describe to me in words what you see/feel/think that makes you think it is not working.
logicbomb666

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:00:18 AM

Here is a screenshot that leads me to believe that cgminer is not working. (should I still be using gpumon if I update to cgminer?)  I think my conf files are what are causing the issue becuase if I revert my bamt.conf to not use cgminer, it mines perfectly.

Here is my cgminer.conf located in /opt/miners/cgminer
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333",
                "user" : "spinal.worker1",
                "pass" : "********"
        }

],

"intensity" : "7",
"gpu-engine" : "0-900",
"gpu-fan" : "50-85",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "128",
"gpu-memclock" : "300",
"gpu-powertune" : 20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.0000.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "89",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "79",

"kernel" : "poclbm",

"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:192.168.1.1,W:192.168.1.6,W:127.0.0.1",
"api-port" : "4028",
"submit-stale" : true,
"no-pool-disable" : true,

"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "2",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",

"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Here is my bamt.conf

# Big A Miner Thing configuration
# /etc/bamt/bamt.conf

---
settings:

miner_id: bamt-miner

miner_loc: unspecified location

do_monitor: 0

cgminer: 1
  cgminer_opts: --config /opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer.conf -k phatk --api-listen -$

# GPU Configurtation

gpu0:

cgminer: 1
  disabled: 0

core_speed_0: 300
  core_speed_1: 300
  core_speed_2: 900

mem_speed_0: 300
  mem_speed_1: 300
  mem_speed_2: 300

fan_speed: 100

kernel: phatk2

kernel_params: BFI_INT VECTORS FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=9

pool_file: /etc/bamt/pools

pool_timeout: 180

monitor_temp_lo: 45
  monitor_temp_hi: 80

# GPU load (in %)
  monitor_load_lo: 80
  # average hashrate (in mh/s)
  monitor_hash_lo: 250

# fam rpm (in rpm)
  monitor_fan_lo: 2000

# effective reject rate (in % of total)
  monitor_reject_hi: 10

gpu1:

# remove disabled: or set it to 0 to actually use this card..

#cgminer: 1
  disabled: 1

abracadabra

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:21:27 AM

quit gpumon (hit"q")
check to see if cgminer is running.. (type "screen -ls")
if there's a screen with cgminer running, attach to it to see what it's doing.. (type "screen -r")
if cgminer is not running, attempt to start it and see what it's saying..
 - change to cgminer directory (type "cd /opt/miners/cgminer")
 - start cgminer (type "./cgminer -c cgminer.conf")

Izael

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:36:35 PM

There is a few mistakes that we must change:

cgminer_opts: --config /opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer.conf -k phatk --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:192.168.1.1,W:192.168.1.31W:127.0.0.1
cgminer_opts: --config /opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer.conf -k phatk --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:192.168.1.1,W:192.168.1.31,W:127.0.0.1

@logicbomb666 : you have a mistake with this line. You need write a " before the number 20.

"gpu-powertune" : "20",

And one thing more... we now can do all fix in BAMT, there is a new FIX #21 that do a solution to fix #20, so now not is a problem do the fix in row until end.
logicbomb666

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:49:36 PM

quit gpumon (hit"q")
if there's a screen with cgminer running, attach to it to see what it's doing.. (type "screen -r")

I think that's all I needed. This is the screen I am getting now.  Appears to have been mining all along?

logicbomb666

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:50:44 PM

@logicbomb666 : you have a mistake with this line. You need write a " before the number 20.

"gpu-powertune" : "20",

Thank you for pointing that out!

abracadabra

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:53:48 PM

quit gpumon (hit"q")

I think that's all I needed. This is the screen I am getting now.  Appears to have been mining all along?

yes.. looks like gpumon is not getting the info from cgminer via the api.
try testing the api and see if you can get info from it manually
Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:03:10 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but in your BAMT conf file, when you declare using cgminer_opts:, do you need the -k phtak --api listen  at the end of that?  I use a similar setup and I dont use those options.  Also, below when you are configuring your GPU, I see that you are enabling it to change your core, clock, and other settings.  Again, I dont do that either.  For my GPU settings I simply enable it, and then enable cgminer for it (cgminer : 1). 

You are redirecting BAMT to the cgminer.conf file and in there is where all of your arguments are and it will get all of its info, nothing else should be needed inside of the BAMT conf.  You dont even need to edit the pools conf file in BAMT, again, cgminer.conf will do all of that for you.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
logicbomb666

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but in your BAMT conf file, when you declare using cgminer_opts:, do you need the -k phtak --api listen  at the end of that?  I use a similar setup and I dont use those options.  Also, below when you are configuring your GPU, I see that you are enabling it to change your core, clock, and other settings.  Again, I dont do that either.  For my GPU settings I simply enable it, and then enable cgminer for it (cgminer : 1). 

You are redirecting BAMT to the cgminer.conf file and in there is where all of your arguments are and it will get all of its info, nothing else should be needed inside of the BAMT conf.  You dont even need to edit the pools conf file in BAMT, again, cgminer.conf will do all of that for you.

I am not sure if the the -k phatk --api listen info after declaring the use of cgminer is a requirment, I just copy and pasted from the instructions.

I left my previous BAMT conf setting alone so I could easily flip back and forth between the 2 different miners if needed.  I think you are correct, once cgminer is up and running, you no longer need any of the extra stuff in the bamt.conf and you wont need the pools conf either. 

As far as gpumon being used for mining status, i'm not sure if it pulls the settings (temp hi, temp low, etc.) from cgminer.conf or bamt.conf.

yes.. looks like gpumon is not getting the info from cgminer via the api.
try testing the api and see if you can get info from it manually

I have adjusted the correct IPs in the api settings in both the bamt.conf and the cgimner.conf.  gpumon now shows live statistics for me. 

Thanks for everyone's help.  Maybe one day, after a lot of experience and even more help from the community, I might actually be smart enough to help someone else out for once. :-D

Zanatos666

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:30:37 PM

Mobius, will there be instructions on updating to 3.0 now that its out?  I believe this is only to update to 2.7.7.

abracadabra

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:04:58 PM

Mobius, will there be instructions on updating to 3.0 now that its out?  I believe this is only to update to 2.7.7.

Did you happen to read the third post in this thread?
Zanatos666

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:56:39 AM

Did you happen to read the third post in this thread?

Actually yes I did, and it does not specifically say "do this every time to download the newest version and keep up to date".  Sorry, some of us actually look for definite statements instead of inferred ones.  But hey, thanks for your help  Wink

Zanatos666

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:42:23 PM

Since I like to ask questions that apparently have already been answered, yet I am completely oblivious to, is there a way/how do you check what version of CGMiner you are running?

Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:16:12 PM

Since I like to ask questions that apparently have already been answered, yet I am completely oblivious to, is there a way/how do you check what version of CGMiner you are running?

cgminer --version
Zanatos666

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:19:59 PM

cgminer --version

Proof I dont know squat about Linux/Debian/etc.  Tried this in the root window, no go.  So there is something thats fairly obvious to everyone else that I am completely missing.

Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:07:44 PM

cgminer --version

Proof I dont know squat about Linux/Debian/etc.  Tried this in the root window, no go.  So there is something thats fairly obvious to everyone else that I am completely missing.

You need to include the explicit path to cgminer, if it's not in your PATH variable.

/opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer --version
Zanatos666

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:12:15 PM

cgminer --version

You need to include the explicit path to cgminer, if it's not in your PATH variable.

/opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer --version

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: