Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin will see 10$ and above 2016  (Read 36149 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:24:46 AM

Bitcoin will always have the best potential for highest rate of return.

disagree completely, i think (and history shows) litecoin has a better potential for a higher rate of return then btc.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:08:36 AM

we're still cryptocurrency pioneers... think long term like 5 or 10 years - how much will it be when bitcoin hits $5,0000 or 10,000 ??

techniclly you hit right question
cuz no way we can predict LTC price if BTC hit 5 or 10K margin
but if comes like now price in that case would be in range of 40-80$
but if happen like 2013 price in that case would be much higher 160 -330$

we can see the difference

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bitcoinear

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:19:44 PM

No, do not agree with you. Litecoin has no special technical feature what would justify a 300% price increase of Litecoins.
There are other and better candidates like DASH, Ethereum, Monero etc.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:21:06 PM

Well in that case Vericoin will reach 1USD.
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:26:12 PM

Money making is so easy nowadays. I just can't stop hoarding all these cheap LTC  Smiley
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:28:32 PM

No, do not agree with you. Litecoin has no special technical feature what would justify a 300% price increase of Litecoins.

Who gives a shit about those nerd coins? They are only for believers.
Bitcoin and Litecoin are for the real investors and money makers  Smiley
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:59:45 PM

You forgot to mention that litecoin has four times the transaction capacity of the bitcoin network. As well as anti-spam built in that most likely increases real transaction capacity significantly. Considering the on going debate on increasing bitcoin transaction capacity (and it's current short coming)........significant advantages.
Ubertroco

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 05:39:54 PM

LTC is a improved BTC, but not future-safe. For now it us superior in usability but nothing forbids any other coin to become better than litecoin

shyliar

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:10:47 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 06:56:55 PM by shyliar

LTC is a improved BTC, but not future-safe. For now it us superior in usability but nothing forbids any other coin to become better than litecoin

I agree completely.

One of the biggest fallacy put forth by bitcoin only proponents is that since bitcoin is currently divisible to eight decimal places that no other cryptocurrency is needed. The fact is bitcoin will never be capable of the number of transactions that adoption suggests: making the number of potential divisions meaningless. Even if both Litecoin and Bitcoin were fully adopted together they would not be capable of keeping up transactionally if accepted by the general public.

In the current situation (very little adoption) Litecoin is positioned to pick up Bitcoins slack. The fact is if Bitcoin proponents don't accept and encourage additional coins the current bottleneck will drive new users away. They may come up with a solution that will temporarily relieve the bottleneck by increasing blocksize; but, if adoption occurs people would once again have to abandon bitcoin to complete transactions elsewhere.

There may well be another coin waiting in the wings as a future replacement. In the current environment Litecoin is the most likely candidate to compliment Bitcoin. So this year and in the near future Litecoin usage and therefore value will likely increase.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:53:32 AM

Improved? How? Four times the coin supply and one quarter the block time is not an improvement. Scrypt vs SHA256, again, not "improved" by any stretch.
shyliar

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:01:49 AM

Improved? How? Four times the coin supply and one quarter the block time is not an improvement. Scrypt vs SHA256, again, not "improved" by any stretch.

Four times the transaction capacity is definitely an improvement unless you ignore bitcoins current problems (feel free it won't make it go away). Not to mention anti-spam. And frankly having used both coins the one quarter block time and faster confirmation is an improvement as well. I'll agree that coin supply or Scrypt is not an improvement or detrimental...just different.

The odd thing is that this capacity problem and how it would have a negative impact on adoption was being discussed years ago. Well it's here.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:08:59 AM

@ the last few posters

Litecoin suffers from the same scalability issues as Bitcoin, because its code is heavily based on Bitcoin. Litecoin, as it exists today, is not a solution to cryptocurrency scalability.

Yet, I still own some Litecoins because the network effect is as close to the holy grail of features as any cryptocurrency could ever dream of having.
shyliar

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:19:21 AM

@ the last few posters

Litecoin suffers from the same scalability issues as Bitcoin, because its code is heavily based on Bitcoin. Litecoin, as it exists today, is not a solution to cryptocurrency scalability.

Yet, I still own some Litecoins because the network effect is the holy grail of features any cryptocurrency could ever dream of having.

I agree scalability is the issue for both coins. Bitcoin is hitting that wall now. With four times greater capacity it will take longer for Litecoin to reach that wall. Until these problems are solved Litecoin makes an excellent choice as a Bitcoin alternative. This will likely result in an increase in price.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:29:28 AM

@ the last few posters

Yet, I still own some Litecoins because the network effect is the holy grail of features any cryptocurrency could ever dream of having.

I agree scalability is the issue for both coins. Bitcoin is hitting that wall now. With four times greater capacity it will take longer for Litecoin to reach that wall. Until these problems are solved Litecoin makes an excellent choice as a Bitcoin alternative. This will likely result in an increase in price.

Litecoin doesn't have four times greater capacity, it doesn't have any greater capacity to handle more transactions than Bitcoin does... that what I was getting at. It has four times quicker confirmation speeds, which in turn are 1/4 as secure as Bitcoin's confirmations. Confirmation speeds have nothing to do with scalability, as far as how many transactions the cryptocurrency can process per second (which is what you are alluding to when saying "transaction capacity".) Because Litecoin is heavily based on Bitcoin, it has very similar scalability issues.
shyliar

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:50:40 AM

@ the last few posters

Litecoin doesn't have four times greater capacity, it doesn't have any greater capacity to handle more transactions than Bitcoin does... that what I was getting at. It has four times quicker confirmation speeds, which in turn are 1/4 as secure as Bitcoin's confirmations. Confirmation speeds have nothing to do with scalability, as far as how many transactions the cryptocurrency can process per second (which is what you are alluding to when saying "transaction capacity".) Because Litecoin is heavily based on Bitcoin, it has very similar scalability issues.

I have not disagreed that litecoin has similar scalability issues. Litecoin effectively has four times the block size of bitcoin. I don't mean to suggest that an individual block is four times the size but, that the sum of the four blocks is. This permits four times as many transactions in a ten minute period. This is my understanding based on what I've read. If having an effective block size four times larger does not permit more transactions I've completely misunderstood the current disagreements on Bitcoin block size.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:02:35 AM

I don't mean to suggest that an individual block is four times the size but, that the sum of the four blocks is.

Oh, I got you. Never mind then.

Cheers
shyliar

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:38:55 AM

I don't mean to suggest that an individual block is four times the size but, that the sum of the four blocks is.

Cheers

Does that mean your buying the beer?  Grin
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:14:25 AM

Cheers

Does that mean your buying the beer?  Grin

Sure! (Bitcointalk needs a tipping bot...)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:10:11 AM

Heh ...10 buck LTC will happen at around 1,200 usd BTC (just saying no need to throw stuff at me in the thread here...ducks....)

but would be nice..I'm sitting on 1675 ltc and mining 195 ltc a month on 2 titans ...due to the fact I'm a 'legal miner in usa..ie IRS has me 'tag'd as btc wildlife" ....(bank in 2013
had issue with me sending 10k to knc for btc miners then (they said i sent 90k) bank errror ..but they told SEC...because you know btc is 'evil' ...so I had to file because
of the newly released 2013 IRS crypto guidelines..so they tried to hang me up....nice to toss down legit biz tax forms told them FU....so SEC is cool..all was resolved and
with 25% equip deduction it all comes out even steven..pain in the ass thou it is)

ANYWAY...I can ONLY move LTC to BTC at the price I mined it for..thus the 1.30 last summer etc and halving etc ....I'm 1,675 ahead...can't move the coin for 1 year or 1 day
or 40% capital gains on the profit made (thus I hoard) ..it is nice that hoarding LTC worked out for me..but only making like 195 ltc a month on Titans....soooooooo...

I will be an LTC whale till 2017 at least don't ya know (prob will have 3k by 2017 in which I will be able to move 1k to BTC ..thus still 2k LTC whale)

So anyway with the above in mind I FRIGGING HOPE THE OP IS CORRECT AND $10 BUCK LTC ..I will of course LIE and remove all posts that I had no frigging idea how this
would work out and claim in the future it was all genius planning on my part.....evil genius that I am (or was 20 years from now when I lie about this) Smiley

So....frigging OP of this thread better be right....I would be so golden Smiley (have a deep fear I have 'too much' in common with the folk of old in myth 'beanie baby collectors' shudder)

whatever...you deal with the hand you are played...at least have paid  NO taxes with the equip depreciation etc it is a wash (2 years to go ..5 year plan as home biz)

so it goes...I'm a 'reluctant' LTC whale (have moved 31 btc worth from LTC thou.....).....

anyway some of this holding by the big boys of crypto in BTC and LTC from data halls (in the usa anyway) MAY be partially due to the above like my case Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
azguard
Legendary

Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:29:32 AM

yes we can see price above 10$ but for what
most of miners that i know moved from ltc to some other (on my opinion mistake) cuz they chase fast profit
im on other hand for stable profit make small amount and in the right moment sell or exchange for btc (i mean on all altcoins)

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: