Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:18:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just what is a clock buffer anyway?  (Read 16542 times)
yohan

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:14:32 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2012, 05:32:51 PM by yohan

If I prove to be wrong then we will consider letting our Goliath technology into the market but we think it's way too much for now.
Yohan

Don't name drop if you aren't willing to share some gory details about what it is. I hate surprises.  Tongue Wink   (Tongue meet cheek)

Surprise will be the name of the game. I said that before if we were going to release anything it would be ready to ship before we announced it.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:17:19 PM

@ BFL Representative

As you have pinned me and quite a few others (at an ever increasing rate) as having a pathology to lie, please place us on all on collective ignore. (Quickly!)

@ PuertoLibre, if you know where the ignore button is why haven't you ignored the BFL representatives? Why can't you accept and act on your own advice? PuertoLibre, are you lying to your self about your own advice?

This way you blood pressure returns to normal and you turn less green (unlike the Hulk) when responding to some "non-sense" from former or prospective customers.

Or

Waste more seconds of your life addressing anything and everything in an agitated and unreasonable tone. Rather choosing to unleash the utter might of your rage and psychoanalysis on every respondent.

[Note: Keep in mind that you are not a qualified mental health professional and therefore are not qualified (no not even certified) to evaluate the mental condition or status of any individual.]

@ PuertoLibre, are you a qualitfied medical perfessional that is capible of sensing at a distance a person's blood pressure without the use of a sphygmomanometer?

So let me get this correct PuertoLibre. You complain that some one should use the ignore button but you wont do the same. You complain that some one is making a medical judgement and then you make a medical judgement.

I think it's more than safe to call you a hypocrite PuertoLibre. PuertoLibre, why don't you act in a manor as you advocate others to do?

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”  ― Mahatma Gandhi

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:49:26 PM

@ BFL Representative

As you have pinned me and quite a few others (at an ever increasing rate) as having a pathology to lie, please place us on all on collective ignore. (Quickly!)

@ PuertoLibre, if you know where the ignore button is why haven't you ignored the BFL representatives? Why can't you accept and act on your own advice? PuertoLibre, are you lying to your self about your own advice?
Why would I ignore them?

I have no real reason to ignore anyone (yet). No one has proven themselves so utterly useless that a fast scrolling action can't fix.

Unlike the rep, I don't have some kind of significant emotional reaction to what someone else writes.

--------------------
As for the rest of your post, it's not worth addressing.

See? How easy it is to do that?

P.S. I used to be a moderator at another forum for several years. Keeping people on ignore is impractical and you learn how to deal without it. (buy a fast friction-less scroll wheel. (LOL)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 05:53:04 PM

Hypocrisy comes with pathological behavior, Mesarah.  It's often the only way a pathological liar can reconcile their behavior and/or words in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
superfastkyle

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 09:42:21 PM

My only question is if you really are employed by BFL, why hasn't BFL fired you yet? Calling people liars when you should be taking the high road especially when you are representing a business. Or you are just another one who knows about their con which is why they don't really care what you say?

this could have been a good thread until you derailed it by feeding the trolls. maybe that's what you wanted to happen

Hypocrisy comes with pathological behavior, Mesarah.  It's often the only way a pathological liar can reconcile their behavior and/or words in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 09:44:19 PM

I cannot think of any useful digital logic design that is "clock-less" (suspend/resume is in-fact a type of "clock")
It's technically doable - it's called asyncronous logic, there are even a number of CPUs based around it including the GA144 that ElectricMucus has, it's just not commercially viable because it's so hard to design and debug. So in a way I'm actually kind of surprised BFL aren't using it Wink

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8420

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 10:53:03 PM

It's technically doable - it's called asyncronous logic, there are even a number of CPUs based around it including the GA144 that ElectricMucus has, it's just not commercially viable because it's so hard to design and debug. So in a way I'm actually kind of surprised BFL aren't using it Wink

There are a bunch of things which are async logic which aren't really marketed as such, e.g. octasic DSPs.  For a miner the complicated valiation issues aren't really an issue, and wouldn't be surprised if someone could get a decent efficiency improvement by slicing sha256 into groups of 8 words and running them async across a span of 8 rounds (where they should naturally time back up, at least if the wiring in the round is totally regular).
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 11:41:23 PM

There are a bunch of things which are async logic which aren't really marketed as such, e.g. octasic DSPs.  For a miner the complicated valiation issues aren't really an issue, and wouldn't be surprised if someone could get a decent efficiency improvement by slicing sha256 into groups of 8 words and running them async across a span of 8 rounds (where they should naturally time back up, at least if the wiring in the round is totally regular).

I wouldn't say that too loudly =P I tried it in another thread and got shouted down and then locked into a debate over the advantages and disadvantage of "unrolling process" (their words not mine).

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 02:02:27 AM

has a history of just talking out his ass, as evidenced by the fact that he just makes stuff up as he goes along:

If you can't deal with the facts, go ad hominem...

Seems to be a familiar tactic from our favorite companies representative.

You guys do realize all Inaba is here to do is troll and derail all negative discussion on BFL ?
Hence why he loves the big long rants that have no content apart from "rar rar rar Im a massive douchebag respect me".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: