Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any bank accept Bitcoin?  (Read 73772 times)
rapazev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:12:30 PM

If there is any bank that allows deposits in Bitcoin, I am not aware of it. But I believe it will not be something very easy to find. This would go against the interests of the banks, in addition they would be promoting a technology that would make the users decrease the dependence on banks, since Bitcoin wallets allow the users to have a greater control over their money.
nothing will decrease the dependence on banks, at least not in my opinion...
even if someday bitcoin achieve massive adoption, the majority of users will be of people who dont know nothing about technology.

these people will avoid to have a personal wallet/node, because they dont know how it works and that's where the banks will help. bitcoin is a currency and banks manage currencies so to me it's just a matter of time to banks start to use bitcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:20:15 PM

That is not going to happen that bank would accept bitcoin because they already know that no one would invest or store bitcoin to them because they will just take the opportunity to use the bitcoin advantage. For example is the price of the bitcoin, since it is always fluctuating the people who are going to invest their bitcoin in the bank would be in a disadvantage because the price that he invested changed maybe into a higher one or lower one.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:35:09 PM

I don't think either that a regular bank will ever accept bitcoins.
And somehow I can't see much reason for them to do so.
A bank would have to make profit somehow.
Just storing bitcoins is not profitable for them because it's not their coins they store.
They would have to collect a fee for storing bitcoins, and who would want to pay that fee when there are so many wallets for free?

MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:35:44 PM

If there is any bank that allows deposits in Bitcoin, I am not aware of it. But I believe it will not be something very easy to find. This would go against the interests of the banks, in addition they would be promoting a technology that would make the users decrease the dependence on banks, since Bitcoin wallets allow the users to have a greater control over their money.
yes i also do not thing that there is any bank where bitcoin is accepted. but i am sure that in future banks will really accept bitcoin and they will open online wallet of them. i think it will really be a great change.
staff_1307

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:38:34 PM

I do not think that banks can somehow reach Bitcoin, a free currency, which belongs only to you and no one can deprive you of it.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:52:51 PM

I do not think that banks can somehow reach Bitcoin, a free currency, which belongs only to you and no one can deprive you of it.
You are right, moreover every bitcoin exchange where we are able to buy/sell bitcoin must be considered as banks. Because a bank does not need to be a traditional one and it is already into banking business.
Other than loans and interest rate, I guess most of the bitcoin exchanges are doing same job of our traditional bank but with bitcoins as a basic unit for them.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:43:54 PM

i think recently no one bank accept bitcoin but i hope that bitcoin will be acceptable in banks sooner in the future and then we can be use bitcoin in local shops for direct shopping and then bitcoin can be use easily in everywhere for any transaction and no one would be convert their bitcoin into fiat.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:04:53 AM

Nope there are no banks accept bitcoins. Here in our country they think bitcoins are illegal thats why all of the banks here are not accepting bitcoin. All of the banks accepts fiat currency

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
Liang_Kubur

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:20:57 AM

This is just a waiting time of course, the more people who use bitcoin then the bank will automatically accept bitcoin. If you already have 1 bank which receives bitcoin, I am sure that other banks will follow.
roomfirst

Activity: 516

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:23:18 AM

Is there any bank/financial institution somewhere in the world that has embraced Bitcoin? Not that I'd deposit my money there, I'm just curious to know it.

In my country, there is no bank that accept bitcoin so far. Because bitcoin is not very popular in my country and only some people that know about bitcoin. But i heard there are some bitcoin ATM in my country. But the bank itself not accept bitcoin as far as i know.
maxdeielle

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:44:04 AM

I guess there is still no bank or financial institution that accepts bitcoin nowadays because in bank terms it is not that secure unlike them, and there is no identity like theirs.
Maybe time will come if it is already known .
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:01:11 AM

never heard and i doubt if there will be a bank that declare it self to accept bitcoin as a deposit or any transactions.
it depend on the government rule. if a country do press realese to admit bitcoin is a legal currency to use, i think it will be possible for bank to adopt bitcoin as a real/legal internet currency.

Dahhi

Activity: 238

MERCATOX

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:19:42 AM

Banks will prefer not to accept bitcoins because it goes against their own interest.
If they start accepting btc, people will gradually shift away from them and focus on only btc.

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:27:43 AM

Where did you get idea for this thread? Bitcoin is banks nightmare, there is no way banks will accept bitcoin directly.
   I wish stores to start to accept bitcoins as payment, then I will have where to spend bitcoins, banks are for keeping money, I already know how to keep my bitcoins safe.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:29:22 AM

never heard and i doubt if there will be a bank that declare it self to accept bitcoin as a deposit or any transactions.
it depend on the government rule. if a country do press realese to admit bitcoin is a legal currency to use, i think it will be possible for bank to adopt bitcoin as a real/legal internet currency.
It could not be possible because bitcoin is not money, it primarily tap with fiat to have a value. We are in a different world and we cannot merge the two due to big differences, banks are centralized while bitcoin is not. Further, if you put bitcoin in their system, we will not enjoy anymore the cheapest rate since they are making it commercialize for the people to take advantage of the profit which will defeat the purpose of bitcoin to help the majority.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:50:23 AM

Where did you get idea for this thread? Bitcoin is banks nightmare, there is no way banks will accept bitcoin directly.
   I wish stores to start to accept bitcoins as payment, then I will have where to spend bitcoins, banks are for keeping money, I already know how to keep my bitcoins safe.

I thought as much that what is the relationship between the two in short as time goes on we hen the population of Bitcoin is enough to call the attention of those that matters, I am sure banks will start making calls for the ban of Bitcoin in respective countries because they will start losing revenue on transactions that is now going through Bitcoin. Even as at now, will you open current account or savings account or even fixed deposit account to keep Bitcoin?... I definitely doubt that...
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:02:13 AM

At the moment I am not aware of a bank accepting bitcoins.
I have heared that in some countrys banks are only allowed to accept fiat, so there would be a problem if they wanted to go into bitcoin business.
Besides, I am wondering why a bank would want to accept bitcoins.
They would need a way to earn from the coins people give them, and I see nothing save enough that a bank would rely on.

It's me!!!
skyway1

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:33:38 AM

i think no one bank accept bitcoin recently but i hope that bank adopt the bitcoin sooner in the future and then we can be use bitcoin with easily for direct transaction in local shops and then i am sure bitcoin will be get more popularity when bitcoin accept in bank.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:30:24 PM

i think no one bank accept bitcoin recently but i hope that bank adopt the bitcoin sooner in the future and then we can be use bitcoin with easily for direct transaction in local shops and then i am sure bitcoin will be get more popularity when bitcoin accept in bank.

Wow, really incredible news. But I think that the bank will not fully use the bitcoin as the basis or foundation of any transaction or policies undertaken to enrich the tau became the center of attention of the world. Because each bank has its own rules and always supervised by Government banks in which they must comply in any do's and Don'ts of these Government banks. I see that this has not been a final decision or it could be said that the banks only want to see first how does bitcoin work
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:40:29 PM

Is there any bank/financial institution somewhere in the world that has embraced Bitcoin? Not that I'd deposit my money there, I'm just curious to know it.

This thread is just the same to the thread asking if the idea of bitcoin bank is good so of course the answer is also the same .

Bank accepting bitcoin is least likey to happen because it will be denying the whole concept of bitcoin . Banks are centralized and bitcoin is decentralized, See? They contradict each other

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: