Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The NXT Foundation / Tennessee Marketing Project Is a Joke  (Read 6700 times)
DecentralizeEconomics (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:49:03 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 07:03:34 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

I came on here yesterday and I saw this thread with the following post from EvilDave.

title. can you guys explain how to mine cryptocurrency?

And: do not invest in anything (except Bitcoin) for a while....do lots of research first.

Don't want to scare you off, but crypto is still the Wild West, and there are some bad guys around. You have to protect yourself. No-one else will. Cool

So get researching:

http://bitcoinist.net/another-scamcoin-detected-how-to-identify-signs-of-fraud/

https://bitcoinnewsmagazine.com/top-5-cryptocurrency-scams-of-2014/

http://www.badbitcoin.org/thebadlist/

Now, if you don't know, EvilDave is one of two people that is in charge of the NXT Marketing Committee aka Project Tennessee and here he is telling a new user to crypto to ONLY invest in Bitcoin!  Is this some type of sick joke?  What the heck is going on here?

Seriously, people donated over 10M NXT to these two and this is the type of "marketing" program that they run?  Telling people to ONLY invest in Bitcoin!

I'm certainly glad that I didn't give these buffoons one single NXT.  What a complete and total joke.

I knew this centralized marketing campaign would be a bust.  News flash geniuses.  NXT is never going to be adopted by banks or big corporations.  NXT's only hope and original purpose was to be a grassroots movement composed of individuals working in a decentralized manner.  Ever since people in NXT started centralizing into committees, the price of NXT has nosedived.  Maybe, it is providence since you have shunned the original ideology behind NXT laid out by BCNext.  I don't think BCNext would approve of any of these centralized committees or formalized websites.  All that ever happens with these ridiculous centralized committees is that the people who are elected develop a power complex and fritter away the funds.

Right now, if you go over to the "NXT forum" (I won't give the link because the site is a joke), you'll encounter a bunch of mods who are either raging international communists, too politically correct to utter a sentence, centralizing power-hungry demagogues or too weak and afraid to stand up to the others.  Now the "marketing committee" who is endorsed by the mods is telling people to stay away from altcoins and only invest in Bitcoin.  It absolutely makes me sick that these are the people who claim to be the face of NXT.  The only decent ones involved in NXT are JeanLuc, Riker, the other devs and the individuals not involved in these ridiculous committees.

I feel sorry for all the individuals who donated any NXT to this "marketing" campaign.  All that is going to happen now is that eventually the 10M NXT will be liquidated putting further pressure on the price and you will have nothing to show for it except for warning others to stay away from altcoins and only invest in bitcoin.  NXT would have had a better chance of increasing in value if you all would have kept your 10M NXT or instead given some to your friends or others on this forum.  Maybe, you should have given them out to people who have unfortunately been scammed on here.  Why didn't EvilDave offer this user, Dreamofbtcman, some free NXT out of this 10M NXT instead of telling him to ONLY BUY BITCOIN!?

10 Million NXT...

Poof!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:45:05 PM

Thanks, DE....you don't think that you might be over-reacting a bit on this ?

Would you like me to grab every single wet behind the ears newbie kicking and screaming into Nxt, before they even understand properly what crypto-currency is ?
Sure, Nxt is f**king brilliant ( Grin) but ramming that message unsubtly down everyones throat as soon as they turn up on BTT isn't what I'm going to do........it's what you do, and I'm fine with that. Why don't you start a newbie welcoming committee ?

And: it's not 'my' 10 million NXT in any way....that 10 million is paying for the new website, setting up the helpdesk, paying our PR guys, getting conferences organised.....lots of stuff that directly benefits Nxt, as well as paying me and Damelon a (part-time) salary.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:36:19 PM

I agree, NXT marketing looks something like a Higgs bozon. Everybody heard about it, theoretically it exists, there are even measurements and interactions what strongly indicates the presence of "NXT marketing", but nobody really seen it.

His assessment is good in these days, and at least he's not trying to persuade noobs to jump into something what isn't really profitable today, so what's your problem with this part. BTW if he would try to convince that noob, probably you would be one of the first to open a topic with lots of color=red, size=100pt about how shamelessly he tried to scam gullible people Smiley.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:10:48 PM

I agree, NXT marketing looks something like a Higgs bozon. Everybody heard about it, theoretically it exists, there are even measurements and interactions what strongly indicates the presence of "NXT marketing", but nobody really seen it.

His assessment is good in these days, and at least he's not trying to persuade noobs to jump into something what isn't really profitable today, so what's your problem with this part. BTW if he would try to convince that noob, probably you would be one of the first to open a topic with lots of color=red, size=100pt about how shamelessly he tried to scam gullible people Smiley.

Hm but they already found the higgs boson ^^

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ironbit

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:17:00 PM

Funny, but it is true in some way. I heard about the big NXT marketing program which should start anytime (probably it already started) but I have nerver seen any campaign action yet.
gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:38:53 PM

I feel sorry for all the individuals who donated any NXT to this "marketing" campaign.

I feel stupid already but you became familiar with that if you are long in NXT.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
EvilDave

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:35:22 PM

The Tennessee marketing plan is a one year commitment to get some Nxt marketing up and running, among other things.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28marketing-business-and-development%29-the-tennessee-project-fundraiser/
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28tnnse%29-tennessee-updates/

We're about 7 weeks in, and we've done a lot of groundwork, and had some good results. However,  the main marketing push is going to be in the New Year, when Nxt has finished with the release of version 1.7:
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-6-2/msg201497/#msg201497
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-7-2e/
and the implementation of the Account Control and CoinShuffle features.

We also need to wait for the completely renewed www.nxt.org site, which will be going live either just before Christmas, or early in the new year. Here's a teaser:

The new site will be pretty much the most important element in any Nxt marketing, and it needs to be fucking brilliant.....which it will be. Grin

Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:22:10 PM

Thanks, DE....you don't think that you might be over-reacting a bit on this ?

No. You received 10M NXT.  Do your job.

Would you like me to grab every single wet behind the ears newbie kicking and screaming into Nxt, before they even understand properly what crypto-currency is ?

Yes.  Anybody who truly understands the ideology behind NXT knows that it was BCNext's intention for NXT to replace BTC not become some alternative supplement to it.

Sure, Nxt is f**king brilliant ( Grin) but ramming that message unsubtly down everyones throat as soon as they turn up on BTT isn't what I'm going to do........it's what you do, and I'm fine with that. Why don't you start a newbie welcoming committee ?

I don't ram NXT down everyone's throats.  Actually, very few of my posts even mention NXT.  I do call out blatant scams though that some people perceive as "competitors" to NXT.  Why don't you start a "newbie welcoming committee"?  You have the 10M NXT.

The Tennessee marketing plan is a one year commitment to get some Nxt marketing up and running, among other things.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28marketing-business-and-development%29-the-tennessee-project-fundraiser/
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28tnnse%29-tennessee-updates/

We're about 7 weeks in, and we've done a lot of groundwork, and had some good results. However,  the main marketing push is going to be in the New Year, when Nxt has finished with the release of version 1.7:
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-6-2/msg201497/#msg201497
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-7-2e/
and the implementation of the Account Control and CoinShuffle features.

We also need to wait for the completely renewed www.nxt.org site, which will be going live either just before Christmas, or early in the new year. Here's a teaser:

The new site will be pretty much the most important element in any Nxt marketing, and it needs to be fucking brilliant.....which it will be. Grin

Why don't you just save yourselves some time and redirect NXT.org to Bitcoin.org?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:41:23 AM

NXT is never going to be adopted by banks or big corporations.  NXT's only hope and original purpose was to be a grassroots movement composed of individuals working in a decentralized manner.

I totally agree with this statement...  At least for NXT that is.  And that's what makes NXT beautiful.  Going all 'professional' is making NXT look like a bit of a joke really.  I mean think about it...  It's like Open Bazaar shilling Walmart to use them so it could level itself up and become a legit player in an industry (which isn't going to happen).  Don't do it, don't lose your soul.

Plus a lot more projects with the proper connections and funding are already way ahead of you.  Your 10m NXT isn't enough to compete with them.

Think about the direction of Tennessee hard, and don't put your funds and efforts to waste.  Just a humble suggestion from an outsider.

Edit:  People are gonna cry 'scam' at the end of all this if all the marketing fails.  And the odds are stacked against you.  DE just saw what everyone else hasn't seen yet, or has seen but is in denial about it.

But hey, as long as you're getting paid right?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:17:08 AM

Wait a minute... so they collected 10 million NXT and gave it to EvilDave and Dandelion to pay themselves a (part time) salary and a "marketing campaign"? Well that is just, simply funny... I mean I have heard of stupid things but this one tops everything else... until I hear of someone making Kim Kardhasian a good will ambassador of Nuns United. Wow, simply wow.

Independent of the more than relevant fact that these two are as qualified for the job as Ms. Kardhasian would be, only less so, what are the expectations of the "nomination commitee"? Number one, 10 million NXT is, roughly, 58.000 UNREALIZED dollars (assume less than half in realized, real money). Number two, these two bozos are unknowns, anonymous individuals that, obviously know absolutely nothing about PR... hence the fact that Evil here considers a fucking website "...pretty much the most important element in any Nxt marketing..." And number three: You guys have been, again, TAKEN. For a ride, that is. Evil and Dandelion will be paid for their website design -something easily obtainable gratis-, a pretty penny. The rest, their (part time) salaries. But who the fuck did ever think that this would be anything else at all? Brilliant minds, indeed.

No wonder the price of NXT continue nosediving. It is, after all, a monument to raw, pure idiocy, first and foremost. A brilliant one at that...
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:46:00 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 03:57:46 AM by tokeweed

What NXT should do is open up development and welcome coders build features and services and look for bugs in the system.  The interest should come from the builders first and foremost.  Until this happens, nothing will ever happen to NXT.

Also have the current features (there are a lot created in a short time span!) been used in a massive scale?  How do you know they aren't buggy if they haven't been used in a massive scale?  I'm pretty sure the problems will arise when users count in the millions...  So how are you gonna market a buggy, unproven decentralized financial system to banks and corporations?

Then there's also the NXT stigma of the unfair initial distribution.  I'm pretty sure the banks will be asking 'Why should we allow you to make money out of us, when we're making money out of you right now.'

Think hard about Tennessee before commiting on what direction to take it.  I think the only reason why the NXT community is allowing this is because they're getting desperate. I say don't.  Relax and get back to your roots.  So what if you get a smaller piece of the pie.  At least you get to change the world in your own capacity.  That will always count for something.

Edit:  And all that marketing to banks and corporations for a budget of 10m NXT...  You must be kidding yourselves.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:48:22 AM

Number one, 10 million NXT is, roughly, 58.000 UNREALIZED dollars (assume less than half in realized, real money). Number two, these two bozos are unknowns, anonymous individuals that, obviously know absolutely nothing about PR... hence the fact that Evil here considers a fucking website "...pretty much the most important element in any Nxt marketing..." And number three: You guys have been, again, TAKEN. For a ride, that is. Evil and Dandelion will be paid for their website design -something easily obtainable gratis-, a pretty penny. The rest, their (part time) salaries.

Well, you know, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the sole purpose of marketing was getting new users to use your product / service / platform not sending them to your competition.  If you don't have any new users, who the heck is going to see your website regardless of how "brilliant" it is?  Making the website look "professional / corporate" is the least of your worries.  Not to mention the fact that NXT's strength isn't about catering to corporations or banks; it's about empowering individuals.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:03:38 AM

This is getting to shady land.

EvilDave and Damelon to support Nautiluscoin project

At the end of an eventful weekend, we would like to end on a more positive note.

Dave and I have been contracted by Brian Kelly to help bootstrap the Nautiluscoin community after its move to the NXT blockchain.

You can see Brian's official announcement of this here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzYVg_T_1PyvWFFMYjM1SjZtSTQ/view

We are happy to be able to do more work on a NXT project and are glad that we've gotten a good rapport with Brian Kelly.

Who knows what more can grow out of this? We think there are opportunities for both communities here and will do our best to help it grow into a valuable addition to the NXT ecosystem Smiley

Again, if any NAUTi people show up here, make them feel welcome!

TNNSE out!

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/evildave-and-damelon-to-support-nautiluscoin-project/

Scam Alert: NautilusCoin

Shaky Origins

NautilusCoin is the creation of Brian Kelly. Actually, that’s giving him a little bit too much credit, because NautilusCoin was created using the now defunct coingen.io service, which means that his knowledge of cryptocurrency is no stronger than his ability to plug in numbers to a web form. Brief history lesson for those new to the game: coingen.io was a web-based service that automatically created an altcoin based on various parameters entered into a form (coin per block, block time, etc). These coins are inherently worthless because they lack a developer.

Note that the Greece article on CNBC is written by Mr. Kelly, and that no other news site has a mention of this news. It is a disgusting example of self promotion using a trusted platform, and should throw up major red flags for anyone considering investing in it.

Prior to this, Mr. Kelly has published several cringe-worthy articles demonstrating his lack of knowledge, here is just one of them. One need not read past the very first paragraph to see just how elementary his understanding of cryptocurrency us:

Bitcoin, the elegant elixir for our fractured financial system, is actually flawed. It’s vulnerable to attacks. There is, however, a fix — something I had installed on my own coin experiment. Here’s how it works:

Mr. Kelly seriously believes that his automatically generated cryptoabortion has fixed “problems” that Gavin and the rest of the core bitcoin developers do not see. Even more amusing is that Mr. Kelly is on the record years ago stating that Bitcoin is nothing more than “Tulipmania 2.0”, yet here he is with his inferior clone of Bitcoin and proclaiming its superiority. Incredible.

Just another scam?

Like most scamcoins, there is a premine involved here. Mr. Kelly touts that NautilusCoin is the first digital currency with a stabilization mechanism to reduce volatility. In reality, this “stabilization mechanism” is nothing more a huge chunk of premined coins that Mr. Kelly alone holds the keys to.

Moving on, let’s talk about Agistri, Greece. This is the island that has adopted NautilusCoin for this so-called test. As per wikipedia, Agistri covers a whopping 13.37 km^2 and has a population of just 1142. This is an insignificant number of people, especially compared to the total population of Greece, which is over 11 million. Why is this information not stated in the article? Could it be, possibly, an attempt to overstate the importance and magnitude of this event? You be the judge.

Traditional wisdom suggests that a competitor (altcoin) must be magnitudes better than the incumbent (bitcoin) to steal away market share. Some examples that come to mind are Myspace being replaced by Facebook, Digg being dethroned by Reddit, Blackberry being pushed into obscurity by Apple/Google. All of these companies had significant advantages that let them surpass the incumbent.

Being a spawn of coingen.io means that NautilusCoin brings absolutely nothing new to the table. It has no advantages. It’s nothing more than an awful clone that lacks everything that makes Bitcoin great – the huge network, the businesses and infrastructure built around it, and most importantly, the thousands of brilliant individuals that work on the codebase. It doesn’t stand a chance.

In the unlikely event of Greece adopting a national cryptocurrency, it would be Bitcoin, certainly not a fringe altcoin. The fact that one insignificant island is sponsoring NautilusCoin does not change that.

Conclusion

NautilusCoin is yet another slimy cryptocurrency that preys on the uninformed. Nonetheless, we can expect events like this to increase the price of the coin. As of the time of writing, it is up 80% over the past 24 hours on Cryptsy. However, the opportunity for non-holders to profit is long gone. You have already missed the train. By buying now, you will be on the receiving end of the dump. Those who currently hold the coin should sell now, before the initial hype dissipates.

http://cryptolife.net/scam-alert-nautiluscoin/

Who's Brian Kelly?  And what's his background?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:39:45 AM

Who's Brian Kelly?  And what's his background?

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/a-blockchain-solution-to-greece-national-currency/msg178474/#msg178474
A blockchain solution for Greece started out as a educational white paper by Lee Gibson Grant,  of Coinstructors. The question Lee Grant was trying to answer was could Greece launch its national currency backed by state owned assets? This secondary currency could benefit Greece by keeping assets under state control while providing liquidity.  The concept was explored further in an Op-Ed by Brian Kelly http://www.cnbc.com/id/102663713 founder of Brian Kelly Capital which challenged the blockchain community to present solutions at an online expo on the 20th of May. Information on the expo can be found here www.drachmae.money The debate will be moderated by Brian Kelly and will feature thought leaders from the economic and blockchain communities.

It seems like he's an accomplice to Lee Gibson Grant a known scammer who already perpetrated the "TXT Coins Now" scam along with many others not related to NXT.  I'm sure this is a scam too.  I can't believe donated money to these jokels is going towards this garbage.  This is outrageous.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:53:49 AM

I think it's time for the NXT community to realize that they're being had.  Or are the people at the top of their heirarchy all part of the whole scheme...  I mean how could those known characters allow this?  

I'd be careful with NXT.  I am now not ruling out that this could be one long con job.  

Also a guy from my trading group mentioned there was a 'John' character who showed up at conferences promoting NXT and ended up stealing community funds.  And not only that, he was asking for the community to give him more as payment for his work.  Which the community didn't agree to because they realized they were already swindled in the first place.

Be careful.  So sorry to see this happen to a project with a good following.

Edit:  There's a good reason they banned you DE.  The corruption could be traced all the way to the top.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:11:18 AM

And has the software undergone a peer review?  All those features added in such a short time, with no review makes it doubtfully robust and bug free.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
EvilDave

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:23:03 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 10:39:24 AM by EvilDave

Jeez...where to start ? Let's kick off with barrabas:

Wait a minute... so they collected 10 million NXT and gave it to EvilDave and Dandelion to pay themselves a (part time) salary and a "marketing campaign"? Well that is just, simply funny... I mean I have heard of stupid things but this one tops everything else... until I hear of someone making Kim Kardhasian a good will ambassador of Nuns United. Wow, simply wow.

Independent of the more than relevant fact that these two are as qualified for the job as Ms. Kardhasian would be, only less so, what are the expectations of the "nomination commitee"? Number one, 10 million NXT is, roughly, 58.000 UNREALIZED dollars (assume less than half in realized, real money). Number two, these two bozos are unknowns, anonymous individuals that, obviously know absolutely nothing about PR... hence the fact that Evil here considers a fucking website "...pretty much the most important element in any Nxt marketing..." And number three: You guys have been, again, TAKEN. For a ride, that is. Evil and Dandelion will be paid for their website design -something easily obtainable gratis-, a pretty penny. The rest, their (part time) salaries. But who the fuck did ever think that this would be anything else at all? Brilliant minds, indeed.

No wonder the price of NXT continue nosediving. It is, after all, a monument to raw, pure idiocy, first and foremost. A brilliant one at that...

Here's the full thread for the Tennessee fundraiser:

Next time, before you accuse people of anything , do some research:
http://nxtfoundation.org/about/
We're not even slightly anonymous, and  both myself and Damelon (though mostly Damelon) have worked/work in marketing/PR. We're not getting paid for the website design, Farla Webmedia got the contract for that, though we will be creating much of the text/content, and that work will be covered by our amazingly generous salaries of €1500 per month (before taxes)  Cool

For the rest of your diatribe....meh, no real information there Grin

On to tokeweed:

What NXT should do is open up development and welcome coders build features and services and look for bugs in the system.  The interest should come from the builders first and foremost.  Until this happens, nothing will ever happen to NXT.

Also have the current features (there are a lot created in a short time span!) been used in a massive scale?  How do you know they aren't buggy if they haven't been used in a massive scale?  I'm pretty sure the problems will arise when users count in the millions...  So how are you gonna market a buggy, unproven decentralized financial system to banks and corporations?

Then there's also the NXT stigma of the unfair initial distribution.  I'm pretty sure the banks will be asking 'Why should we allow you to make money out of us, when we're making money out of you right now.'

Think hard about Tennessee before commiting on what direction to take it.  I think the only reason why the NXT community is allowing this is because they're getting desperate. I say don't.  Relax and get back to your roots.  So what if you get a smaller piece of the pie.  At least you get to change the world in your own capacity.  That will always count for something.

Edit:  And all that marketing to banks and corporations for a budget of 10m NXT...  You must be kidding yourselves.

Nxt is a completely open system...anyone who wants to work with Nxt can, providing they stay true to the open source ethos.
Nxt features get used, and get tested. Here's the crowd test of the upcoming CoinShuffle feature on TestNet last Sunday:
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/shuffling-sunday-!-%28testing-nrs-1-7-2e-coinshuffle-13-12-2015-%29/msg203684/#msg203684

On the banks and corporations; again, we're marketing Nxt to everyone with a project, not just to b+c. It's going to be medium to small scale businesses that drive Nxt adoption, big players will just create their own blockchains. They are welcome to license Nxt, of course........

Distribution....after 2 years, Nxt is pretty well shuffled, but you'll always have whales, in any system.

Tennessee direction....TNSSE has a set mandate; to provide marketing/PR for Nxt core stuff, and to improve the user experience for Nxt adopters. We've done a lot in the  7 weeks since we started, including getting the website sorted, a helpdesk set up, PR/media contact guy has been hired...and more, including lots of talking to devs. Shocked
TNSSE might not change the world, but it will improve Nxt, and whatever we do is probably better than doing nothing.
2 months ago, everyone was bitching about having no Nxt marketing, now people are bitching about having some marketing. Can't win sometimes.....

This is getting to shady land.

EvilDave and Damelon to support Nautiluscoin project

At the end of an eventful weekend, we would like to end on a more positive note.

****CUT****

http://cryptolife.net/scam-alert-nautiluscoin/

Who's Brian Kelly?  And what's his background?

Nautiluscoin is now a Nxt-based Monetary System currency, so it's essentially a coloured coin running on the Nxt blockchain.
The original BCNext outline for Nxt development explicitly stated that the main value of the Nxt eco-system would eventually be in the subsidiary currencies/assets running on Nxt.....and Nautilus is the first successful example of a PoW coin migrating to Nxt. So we're supporting/helping to organise the Nautilus project.

Here's all the info on the Nautilus/Agistri project:
https://www.google.nl/search?q=agistri+nxt

Brian Kelly is:
http://www.cnbc.com/brian-kelly/
http://www.briankellycapital.com/

Nautilus thread from BTT:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591114.0

The Cryptolife article is pretty much completely wrong about most of it's claims. Agistri was a small-scale trial, and it worked  Grin

Lastly, DE;
Thanks, mate. I've done nothing but work my ass off for Nxt, and this is how you act ? Stab me in the back, why don't ya?

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:44:29 AM

I won't argue with you on this one.  But hopefully all my doubts will be proven wrong.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
EvilDave

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:43:26 AM

I won't argue with you on this one.  But hopefully all my doubts will be proven wrong.

Not sure if all of your doubts will turn out to be wrong, Toke, but myself, Damelon and the Nxt community are acting in good faith and with as much transparency as possible.
We're not here to scam, and I had hoped that we'd proven that over the last 2 years.... Sad

Anyway, people are free to not like what we do, but there is no hidden agenda.
We genuinely believe in Nxt and want it to be successful, that's pretty much it.   Smiley

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:06:31 PM

Hm but they already found the higgs boson ^^

<off>
No, not yet. The CERN guys 99% sure, but according to them they still need to do some more tests to make it 100% sure. These test were scheduled after the LHC upgrade (they finished that upgrade in 2015 July).

</off>
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: