Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:34:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What wallets do you use and why?  (Read 34684 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:53:05 PM

for now I use a wallet from blockchain, because I think blockchain simple and safe to store my bitcoin. Blockchain on Bitcoin is a decentralized system. This means that Bitcoin is not influenced by any government policies which may have a bad impact on the system.
I agree and since the fact that they give us the private keys makes it even more trusted. I was a big fan of them and was using them since long time but the recent update and the new wallet has forced me to stay away from blockchain, its almost impossible to understand things and even to sign a message I had to search a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaomaxx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:54:22 PM

I have used several wallets before but I found blockchain.info wallet to be easy and accessible from any of my devices which is something I like from them
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:15:24 PM

I'm using a online wallet called the blockchain, of course everyone knows this one but I'm simply using this one because its easy.
Another fact is that its easy with small payments I have to do with the bitcoin.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:39:28 PM

I think I will use also xapo wallet or any other wallet that is safe. That my money will be safe because my friend wallet hacked so it is used by someone else so I will double check if that wallet is safe of not.

About the safety thing, all web based bitcoin wallet are not safe to consider since you don't hold your private keys here. Even in those reputable bitcoin exchanges aren't safe.

But it doesn't mean they aren't trusted. Let's just hope for the best they will not become a fraud someday as web wallets have a services that really gives comfortability to it's users.
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:28:23 PM

Blockchain is my most trusted wallet because it's official. Other all 3rd party wallet looks scam for me but coindesk, xapo looks quit legit but with with money I can't take any risk. So in my opinion blockchain is best wallet.
yhlsqj

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:31:20 PM

blockchain.info, it can creates multiple addresses and no need to download the whole blockchain. I can get various addresses after i recieved money

▄▄
                                ▄████▄
                              ▄████████▄
              ▄             ▄████████████▄
            ▄███▄         ▄████████████████▄
          ▄███████▄     ▄████████████████████▄
        ▄███████████▄ ▄████████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▀
      ▀██████████████████████████████████████████▀
        ▀███████████▀ ▀████████████████████████▀
          ▀███████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
            ▀███▀         ▀████████████████▀
              ▀             ▀████████████▀
                              ▀████████▀
                                ▀████▀
                                  ▀▀

MICROMONEY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

MicroMoney for People & Big Data for Business

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Reddit
Medium
Telegram
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:33:15 PM

blockchain.info, it can creates multiple addresses and no need to download the whole blockchain. I can get various addresses after i recieved money
I am also using this and its very easy to use without any hassle and we no need to download any software we can create many addresses which is very good option have full trust in this
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:41:59 PM

I'm using the blockchain wallets for some payment and I also have a cold storage for my large amount so it cannot get stolen.
I'm doing it all for the security only handling small amounts on blockchain.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:49:19 PM

from the beginning using bitcoin, I always use the wallet blockchain.info. for me, blockchain.info known and trusted. also use very easy. I use it on my PC and android. really easy to send anytime and anywhere. for security I use google authenticator(2FA) and until now either never lose.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 04:50:48 PM

Nothing wrong with using Blockchain for storing small amounts, but I'd keep larger amounts in cold storage or at least a desktop wallet that's secure.
But amounts under 1 Bitcoin should be fine to keep on Blockchain.info

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 04:54:18 PM

I use bitcoin address wallet where im base si i can easily used bitcoin to spend or to lay electricity bill in my country if you are going to withdraw in banks , or any caeless anytime its free and there are no fee and for the remitance there are of course you need to focus before it send

zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:59:49 PM

from the beginning using bitcoin, I always use the wallet blockchain.info. for me, blockchain.info known and trusted. also use very easy. I use it on my PC and android. really easy to send anytime and anywhere. for security I use google authenticator(2FA) and until now either never lose.

That's good until the site you are holding your bitcoins specifically blockchain.info may be hit by a Ddos attack or decide to close up shop. What would you do in such situation ? If I were you I would try to change wallet immediately to one I and only I am the only one being in charge of my private keys. Remember you only own bitcoin when you also own the private keys and don't rely on third party to hold your coins.

And a last note. Blockchain.info is still the wallet with the most hacks in all bitcoin history in case people reading this don't know yet.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:33:38 PM

Before i use coinbase wallet and xapo before but i am halving problem about those online wallet in coinbase i hallving delay it takes week before my pending receive bitcoin are fix also in xapo i am halving problem when i am loging in verification error so i change my wallet and convert into electrum its more easy to use.. and never had any problem..
DuckKeeper

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:16:41 PM

I'm using the blockchain wallet because its a pretty safe one and its also a easy platform plus the fact is that it has a good security.
I love the 2fa security option from google.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:25:00 PM

I'm using the blockchain wallet because its a pretty safe one and its also a easy platform plus the fact is that it has a good security.
The blockchain is a good wallet but you have to keep in your mind that its an online wallet so its not 100% safe, I think the blockchain is okay, I'm also using it but only for some payments.
For other than that I'm not using the blockchain at all.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:46:33 PM

The blockchain is a good wallet but you have to keep in your mind that its an online wallet so its not 100% safe, I think the blockchain is okay, I'm also using it but only for some payments.
we all know online wallets are risky, but we also want bitcoin to be easy to use and it is always an argument why bitcoin is not growing faster.
i think if other online wallets would use at least the same standard as blockchain it would be very good for bitcoin.

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:48:19 PM

I use online blovkchain.info wallet because I dont have much coin to keep them on my computer

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:50:10 PM

I use coinbase to trade and coinomi because is a multicoin wallet
rektDude

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:57:19 PM

we all know online wallets are risky, but we also want bitcoin to be easy to use and it is always an argument why bitcoin is not growing faster.
i think if other online wallets would use at least the same standard as blockchain it would be very good for bitcoin.

I also think that is true what you are saying but its always very difficult to say most of the times its risky to store your bitcoins on a online wallet but it feels okay and its easy to manage too.
I use the blockchain sometimes and I'm happy with it.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 09:04:10 PM

I also think that is true what you are saying but its always very difficult to say most of the times its risky to store your bitcoins on a online wallet but it feels okay and its easy to manage too.
I use the blockchain sometimes and I'm happy with it.
Few months ago i experience delay in coinbase i dont know about the problem maybe they are not accepting gambling address to receive funds from gambling site to coinbase after send in few days or weeks before they solve this issue. but i search here and found some thread that they are not accepting gamlbing site to receive funds from gambling site.. thats why i stop using them instead i convert into electrum is easy to use than the other wallet..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: