Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:55:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER: caradenada  (Read 11744 times)
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 05:35:01 AM

I do know what I am talking about. The information you posted, it proves my point. Entropay does not use AVS in any way. If a merchant, such as yourself sees an order with something like:

123 Fake Street

then if I'm not wrong, won't your merchant put a flag on it? Especially if the address being entered does not match geog-region?

Let me give you some info, I have talked to caranadas bank's and my merchant banker has talked to him and his bank.

What? This has to do with Entropay....not Caradenadas bank. If anyone that needs to be talked to it's Entropay. Unless I've misunderstood you & the funding source was charged-back on, then in which case Caradenada still needs to provide a solution.

Think you should give this some time, A couple of different things could have happened. But I do understand the grief cause I went through it with Gusti he thought I took his money :|. But in reality the Argentina gov had it lol

So you're just going to ignore the fact that he gave cointell platinum credit card details? Details which obviously are NOT Entropay even though he said himself that he gave out Entropay cards.

Problems with cards from Argentina have arouse. I am working to find out why they do not work right. Till then all purchases from this country will be rejected. If you purchase it could take 3-5 business days to reflect your statement it is a oversea's purchase.

Yeah...the card is NOT from Argentina. It's from Entropay which is in Malta. So please, if you going to accuse me or not knowing what I'm talking about at least make it relevant.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cointell (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:25:01 AM

Just to understand how you calculated your loss: the purchase which resulted in the chargebacks were made with USD?
Yes, the purchase was in USD and I repaid the merchant for the chargeback.
cointell (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:26:28 AM

Let me give you some info, I have talked to caranadas bank's and my merchant banker has talked to him and his bank.

Who is caradenada's bank?  I doubt it's Banco do Brasil.  Even if it is, he repeatedly lied to me by claiming the cards were from entropay when they obviously were not.  If he had given me entropay cards then none of this would have happened.  His dishonesty cost me a lot of time and money.

Cara de nada - Scammer de todos
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 07:01:08 AM

Who is caradenada's bank?  I doubt it's Banco do Brasil.  Even if it is, he repeatedly lied to me by claiming the cards were from entropay when they obviously were not.  If he had given me entropay cards then none of this would have happened.  His dishonesty cost me a lot of time and money.

Cara de nada - Scammer de todos

This should have nothing to do with his bank though. The fact is, you were given stolen credit cards which can be proven by doing a BIN lookup. He has repeatedly said that they were Entropay cards & this is obviously not the truth.

Let's consider for the most stupidest reason, if his bank was banco do brasil, they would not be classed as PLATINUM CREDIT type cards, they would be debit cards.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
cointell (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:51:20 AM

BitcoinINV seems to be suggesting that maybe it wasn't a stolen card and perhaps the government of Argentina confiscated the money.  This entirely misses the point.

Caradenada claimed to be selling Entropay cards, not credit cards from Argentina, and not credit cards from Brazil.  He gave me something other than what I paid for and repeatedly lied about it.  He is a scammer and a liar.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 02:31:53 PM

Like I said I think you should just wait this one out. Give it a little more time.
I am still curious who is the merchant? you can message me if you do not want to post it here I want to look at his CC processing system I might be able to draw some more info off of that.

Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 03:10:54 PM

I don't understand why cointell should be forced to wait any more than he already has. Caradenara has given cointell non-Entropay cards even though he is adamant that he has given cointell Entropay cards. I've just proven that they are not Entropay cards, but in fact Banco Do Brazil issued cards and belong to the Platinum credit card line. This is not normal in ANY case.

I don't understand how hard that is for someone to understand? If they were virtual credit cards they would not be classed as credit, but debit. You can check the BINs yourself.

cointell (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 03:59:29 PM

Like I said I think you should just wait this one out. Give it a little more time.

What exactly am I waiting for?  The chargebacks aren't going to get removed, and caradenada clearly isn't willing to reimburse the loss.

The only additional development that could occur is if the entropay transaction gets charged back.  It has been only 60 days since that charge was submitted (October 8).  From what others have said here, it is reportedly rather difficult (but not impossible) to charge back from entropay.

I am still curious who is the merchant? you can message me if you do not want to post it here I want to look at his CC processing system I might be able to draw some more info off of that.

I don't want to reveal the specific merchant, as I don't want to encourage people to 'test' (defraud) them, but I can tell you they are based outside the US.  This likely explains the lax AVS.

The reason I bought from caradenada is because I tried to use a Visa gift card with this merchant and it was not accepted.  Visa gift cards often block international payments.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:17:35 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 06:03:02 PM by augustocroppo

Both users are lying. This is a classic case of a scammer trying to scam another scammer. Caradenada sent forged credit card numbers to cointell. He was aware that no chargebacks would happen because the card numbers would never work in any payment processing system. Cointell tried to use the card numbers without any success. Then he planned to defraud caradenada by taking advantage of the situation. Cointell is lying about the chargeback. No purchase was made because the card numbers are forged.

How do I know the card numbers are forged?

Quite simple: I am Brazilian and I am a customer of Banco do Brasil. I had direct experience with different types of card issued by Banco do Brasil. The initials of the card numbers are from two types of credit card, platinum and classic. Neither cards work with USD, only with BRL (Brazilian Reals). Cointell has already confirmed that he purchased goods with USD. That is impossible, the payment processing system would never accept a payment made with BRL. The only credit card issued by Banco do Brasil that could be used to convert BRL to USD would be the international type.

So I recommend the moderators to issue a scammer tag for both users.

BIN: 498401
Card Brand: VISA
Issuing Organizaion: BANCO DO BRASIL, S.A.
Card Type (DEBIT/CREDIT/CHARGE): CREDIT
Card SubType: PLATINUM
Issuing Country: BRAZIL

BIN: 498431
Card Brand: VISA
Issuing Organizaion: BANCO DO BRASIL, S.A.
Card Type (DEBIT/CREDIT/CHARGE): CREDIT
Card SubType: CLASSIC
Issuing Country: BRAZIL

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:20:43 PM

I'm sure BitcoinINV wants this to pan out, since caradenada probably bought Bitcoins from him with a CC.
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 04:25:53 PM

Quite simple: I am Brazilian and I am a customer of Banco do Brasil. I had direct experience with different types of card issued by Banco do Brasil. The initials of the card numbers are from two types of credit card, platinum and classic. Neither cards work with USD, only with BRL (Brazilian Reals). Cointell has already confirmed that he purchased goods with USD. That is impossible, the payment processing system would never accept a payment made with BRL. The only credit card issued by Banco do Brasil that could be used to convert BRL to USD would be the international type.

Well...you learn something new every day. Glad at least someone has the sense to see that their not Entropay cards.

cointell (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:30:26 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 05:11:20 PM by cointell

Both users are lying. This is a classic case of a scammer trying to scam another scammer. Caradenada sent forged credit card numbers to cointell. He was aware that no chargebacks would happen because the card numbers would never work in any payment processing system. Cointell tried to use the card numbers without any success. Then he planned to defraud caradenada by taking advantage of the situation. Cointell is lying about the chargeback. No purchase was made because the card numbers are forged.
Oh, yeah.  He gave me non-working credit card numbers, and instead of complaining about it immediately, I waited 5 weeks and then complained of a non-existant chargeback.  Sure, that makes a lot of sense.

Are you really this stupid?  Even if that was true, he never paid me back for the non-working credit card numbers he sold me.

Caradenada gave me stolen cards, and they worked.  I wish he had only given me non-working numbers.  I still would have lost money, but it would have caused a lot less trouble, and I would have known he was a scammer much sooner.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:47:20 PM

Well...you learn something new every day. Glad at least someone has the sense to see that their not Entropay cards.

Yes, I also learned something new from this discussion. You was right on the spot, I just did not confirmed because I was observing cointell allegations. Sometimes the best way to gather consistent information is read and wait.
cointell (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:00:19 PM

I'm sure BitcoinINV wants this to pan out, since caradenada probably bought Bitcoins from him with a CC.
Caradenada didn't scam me on the first transaction.  So maybe BitcoinINV didn't lose anything yet.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:57:42 PM

Caradenada I just got a charge back from one of your cards as well care to explain? want me to provide proof?
First Chargeback
$55.91
$57.75
2012-11-02
0083 <---- Reason Code I was talking about.
2012-12-06

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:12:58 PM

The gig is up.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:16:57 PM

Hope he really not trying to do this..... I got all his info and when I mean all I mean all lol.

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:24:00 PM

Hope he really not trying to do this..... I got all his info and when I mean all I mean all lol.

His, or the identity he stole to give to you? Unless you talked to the guy over video chat...
BitcoinINV

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:30:36 PM

He must have robbed the person blind cause he had all there info, and his bank this its him too lol.

Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 07:00:36 PM

He must have robbed the person blind cause he had all there info, and his bank this its him too lol.

Not uncommon to find credit data which includes everything to bypass a credit card processor, but since he used his residential IP address, it's unlikely he was trying to bypass any AVS checks. Game over.

EDIT: meant to say geo-region checks. /facepalm.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: