Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:28:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange noise coming from the sky  (Read 5659 times)
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

I had never heard about it until that day.  It hasn't happened since and I hope it doesn't happen again. It is very atmospheric, maybe its just some natural occurrence that has to do with the polar shift.  Who knows.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 11:04:00 PM

I had never heard about it until that day.  It hasn't happened since and I hope it doesn't happen again. It is very atmospheric, maybe its just some natural occurrence that has to do with the polar shift.  Who knows.

someone on ats mapped out the events and they form a fairly strait line. Idk what it actually is but thats a pretty good clue to start with if you are going to pursue this further.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 05:26:31 AM

the sound is soo huge in person its very scary...it just sounds like there is a leak in the sky or something.

You don't think...

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 06:00:22 AM

Invisible jet?, they have been testing those invisibility shields on cars that reflect surroundings.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 06:05:41 AM

Invisible jet?, they have been testing those invisibility shields on cars that reflect surroundings.

Well, let's play a little mind game.

Say I'm a drone pilot, and I have a drone that has a new technology on it that projects what's behind it onto its surface, so it can hover ~10 feet away from someone, and the only indication they have is the sound of my engine.

Yeah, I'd fuck with people. Wouldn't you?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 06:50:14 AM

Well, let's play a little mind game.

Say I'm a drone pilot, and I have a drone that has a new technology on it that projects what's behind it onto its surface, so it can hover ~10 feet away from someone, and the only indication they have is the sound of my engine.

Yeah, I'd fuck with people. Wouldn't you?

Sounds like a plan.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 07:46:59 AM

Why would one jump to the least likely explanation for a weird sound?

Because UFO sightings are actually becoming more and more common lately, at least when it comes to the UK.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 07:54:42 AM

Because UFO sightings are actually becoming more and more common lately, at least when it comes to the UK.
Makes sense, if they're going to be enlightening us on the 21st.

Seriously, this thread is fun. I get to put on the tinfoil beanie, and spin the little propeller. Smiley

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 07:57:23 AM

LOL

I know it's the Telegraph ( Right wing, neo-conservative propaganda newspaper ) but the Ministry of Defence actually released the number of sightings, it's just linking anything to anyone outside the BBC is an absolute bitch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1577922/Huge-rise-in-British-UFO-sightings.html

I think there is a more recent one somewhere but I can't be bothered finding it.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 08:04:58 AM

More sightings, or more reports, I wonder?

That's the problem with stuff like this, so many people are afraid to come forward, thinking they'll be labeled a kook. The closest I've come to spotting a UFO is watching a satellite zip across the sky one night while camping, and honestly, I can't think of a single reason that doesn't boil down to "screw with the natives one drunken Saturday night" why any civilization sufficiently advanced to visit would want to, but hey, people are seeing these things, and enough people coming forward might allow us to conclusively figure out what the hell they are.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 08:06:41 AM

Yeah, that's the problem, the only hope I have is that more people like scientists and soldiers will keep reporting it so people take this kind of thing a bit more seriously, there was this quite funny one where a pilot was intercepting something and in the interview he said he suddenly thought "What am I going to do if this guy decides to shoot back?" LOL Cheesy
wrend

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:11:15 AM

isn't that a earth mineral scanning? or similar technologies to hαRP used mainly/officially for research purposes right now?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:48:35 PM

isn't that a earth mineral scanning? or similar technologies to hαRP used mainly/officially for research purposes right now?

This is actually not a bad hypotheses. That strait line i talked about earlier so happens to follow a mountain rage pretty precisely.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 04:15:31 PM

I live somewhat close to an airport. I've heard all sorts of aircraft from helicoptors to fighter jets. The sounds I heard today were not of this earth.

I always used to get excited about trying to see a u.f.o   or the idea that there is other life outside our planet....until today.

My wife and I were picking up after the cats, giving them water, food and changing the litter.  I heard what sounded like a fighter jet..I didnt think about it much more than that.
  As we were cleaning I noticed the sound did not go away but it was getting louder. I went out front to see what it could be and there was nothing in the sky except clouds. The noise sounded like a huge wind tunnel or constant flow of air or wind. there was no breeze everything was calm except this terrifying noise from above.  It sounded like a huge mother ship was overhead.  there was also a steady humming noise.

i cant explain what this sound was....but it was real.    I no longer wish to see a ufo and I'm kind of frightened the end of the world is coming soon.

I used to live by an airport. At about 3 in the morning would go out to smoke some green and I would see huge aircraft landing with their engines off. I think it is military stealth landing practice. But those large planes make a very erie sound when landing without engines. Sounds like a very large mass/volume displacing air at high speeds.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:18:33 PM

Then bring me a piece of a spacecraft, an alien tissue sample, or something other than "a guy saw something in the sky". Bring me anything that shows non-Earth based life or a clearly manufactured piece made from unknown material, and I will happily give all my bitcoins to you.

I want to believe, but believe what? There is no evidence.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 03:36:37 PM

I said UFO sightings you muppet, that doesn't necessarily mean aliens, for all we know it could be military prototypes being tested that people are all seeing.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:55:16 PM

I said UFO sightings you muppet, that doesn't necessarily mean aliens, for all we know it could be military prototypes being tested that people are all seeing.

lol, muppet. ?
I think I like that.  Cheesy
We are in agreement. I believe that the OP heard something strange, and that unidentified objects are seen in the sky frequently. But zero evidence suggests that these objects are spacecraft.
This idea of aliens coincides with the rise of science. Prior to that an unknown flying object would be thought to be a God driving a burning chariot on his weekly hunt. Since weekly hunts, chariots, and even most Gods are gone. Well, this is how mythology works to update itself.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 04:58:19 PM

Thanks for posting. I wish I could tell you what it was. I'm always fascinated by such things.

In that video you posted that you say sounds just like what you heard, it sounds just like a waterfall to me.

It's probably something that our own military is doing. Maybe related to weather modification? Did you notice any chemtrail activity around the time that this happened?
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:32:14 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2012, 04:26:44 AM by Lurk

no chemtrails when i heard the sound.  It was over cast.  We do get a lot of chemtrails in this area though. I normally would just write it off as a jet or some other explainable scenario but it was such a different sound than I've heard before and there was no direction of the sound....just everywhere above.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:38:41 PM

no chemtrails when i heard the sound.  It was over cast.  We do get a lot of chemtrails in this area though. I normally would just write it off as a jet or some other explainable scenario but it was such a different sound than I've heard before and there was no direction of the sound....just everywhere above.

Definitely Megamaid, then. Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: