Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange noise coming from the sky  (Read 5659 times)
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:27:24 PM

That seems to explain it the best. It sounded like a vacuum almost.  May the Schwartz be with us.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lurk (OP)

Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 12:45:28 AM

ok  noise solved.  It happened again  but this time I was able to see about 7 different planes all traveling behind each other in a row.  I might have over reacted I guess.....but it was fun not knowing for a little while.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 12:52:10 AM

ok  noise solved.  It happened again  but this time I was able to see about 7 different planes all traveling behind each other in a row.  I might have over reacted I guess.....but it was fun not knowing for a little while.

its official, Lurk has been taken in by the CIA and a new person is posting BS trying to suppress the truth!

Cheesy

Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:06:18 AM

You can add [solved] to the title!

That video about the strange noises was interesting nonetheless.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 02:15:18 AM

We do get a lot of chemtrails contrails in this area though. I normally would just write it off as a jet or some other explainable scenario but it was such a different sound than I've heard before and there was no direction of the sound....just everywhere above.

FTFY. I hope.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 03:08:17 AM

We do get a lot of chemtrails contrails in this area though. I normally would just write it off as a jet or some other explainable scenario but it was such a different sound than I've heard before and there was no direction of the sound....just everywhere above.

FTFY. I hope.

Nope, the official term is "Persistent Jet Contrails," but the more common usage is indeed "chemtrail."

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:00:39 AM

FTFY. I hope.

Nope, the official term is "Persistent Jet Contrails," but the more common usage is indeed "chemtrail."

So in order to know if they were chem- or contrails, we'd need to know the length of time they persisted?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:06:34 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2012, 06:08:30 AM by myrkul

FTFY. I hope.

So in order to know if they were chem- or contrails, we'd need to know the length of time they persisted?

Chemtrails are also usually much thicker. A contrail is thin, and short-lived. a "chemtrail" is fat, fluffy, and persists long after whatever plane left it is gone. If you see a contrail, you can follow it, usually, from the point where it peters out back to the plane. You see a chemtrail, and there's typically no plane in sight.

Seriously, do a Google image search on "chemtrail" and then "contrail." You'll clearly see the difference.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:19:59 AM

Nobody? Fine I'll do it.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
underminer

Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 05:10:21 AM

Rofl!  I actually considered it, but decided against it since I've already trolled enough.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:14:18 AM

I had never heard about it until that day.  It hasn't happened since and I hope it doesn't happen again. It is very atmospheric, maybe its just some natural occurrence that has to do with the polar shift.  Who knows.
I had something very similar happen. I used to go out on the back deck to smoke. One night, very late (1am?), I heard a terrifying "atmospheric horror" sound, as if dogs were being ground up by some horrible machine a mile out and many low-frequency wind chimes were being shaken all at once. I nearly pissed myself and quickly went inside after a couple minutes, sitting there, stunned. I kept listening, and could keep hearing it until I was inside, but it was too faint to be able to determine what it was, aside something awful.

A few nights later, I was wandering around the back parcels of the property, looking for a cell data signal. I heard the sounds again. For a few moments, I was again ready to urinate upon my person until it suddenly dawned on me.... one of the neighborhood dullards apparently were playing bad techno music very loudly. Sure enough, I heard it a few days later, went to one of the sides of the property and could clearly hear the ugly "music."

It still makes me want to piss myself, though.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 07:28:05 AM

FTFY. I hope.

Chemtrails are also usually much thicker. A contrail is thin, and short-lived. a "chemtrail" is fat, fluffy, and persists long after whatever plane left it is gone. If you see a contrail, you can follow it, usually, from the point where it peters out back to the plane. You see a chemtrail, and there's typically no plane in sight.

Seriously, do a Google image search on "chemtrail" and then "contrail." You'll clearly see the difference.

Found it!

http://www.skepdic.com/chemtrails.html

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 07:37:17 AM

Yes, that is a fairly accurate description of both the conspiracy theorist case, and the skeptic case regarding that phenomenon. Of course, those pictures are a poor comparison, one being a satellite image, and the other being what appears to be a ground-based image. You should do a little more comparison with images from similar sources.

Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:46:15 PM

When the plane spraying the chemtrails does a 45 deg. turn and then goes straight and out of sight, while at 30,000 feet, you know it can't be a normal flight.

Also, if you look up with binoculars, and you see that the plan is spraying out of only one side, well that isn't right either.

And when you see one fly through another chemtrail, and turn the spray off while he crosses over and then he turns it back on, well something isn't right.

That being said, I'm pretty well sure chemtrails are beying sprayed around here!

What's more concerning that the chemtrails, is how there are all these people who come out of the woodwork to say that it isn't real.
underminer

Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:31:42 AM

Always conspiracy talk about chemtrails.

I am not even convinced chemtrails, if they exist, have a nefarious purpose.  Anybody see tw Metallica video where it's implied the chemicals are sprayed to keep an alien zombie virus dormant?

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 12:49:28 AM

I am not even convinced chemtrails, if they exist, have a nefarious purpose.  Anybody see tw Metallica video where it's implied the chemicals are sprayed to keep an alien zombie virus dormant?

Was that the one with the Russians in it?

Like UFOs, Nefarious or not, these things are seen by numerous people, and it would be nice to know what the hell they are.

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 01:25:04 AM

"Depending on the temperature and humidity at the altitude the contrail forms, they may be visible for only a few seconds or minutes, or may persist for hours and spread to be several miles wide."

When you see one long contrail and one short contrail like the photos I've seen they never mention that they are probably at very different altitudes with very different temps and wind speeds.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 08:14:47 AM

Nobody? Fine I'll do it.

I hope if there are aliens out there they have awesome boobs Tongue lolooloololololool >_> Cheesy
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 10:41:36 PM

if they are real than they are likely composed of heavy metals and used to rig the derivatives markets (essentially to rip off farmers who buy insurance against bad weather)

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
shep

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 05:20:59 PM

Valkyries, they do exist! Valhalla awaits!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: