Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:51:44 PM

You have to take into consideration that this is 2nd halving of bitcoin. And if I remember correctly after the first one bitcoin price went down. It's true that
Apparently it seems that expecting only good outcome - price increase after halving is not always smart judging by bitcoin strange tendencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:54:49 PM

OP short term, the value will go up, but in the long term, if bitcoin prices go down, it wont be profitable for miners and they will stop mining, which will lead to the coin crashing
conio.h

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:59:50 PM

The value of bitcoin will rise on halving but not for long it's affect will stay for 1 or 2 quarter only.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:34:46 PM

This halving by itself most certainly wont cause any crash, but i am skeptical about too high expectations because we have already gone up from
somewhat stabilized price of 230-240 all the was to current 450-460 USD. The only certain thing i would say is that on halving day, price will be double from
that long stable market price.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:45:58 PM

Last halving there was not a huge pump or dump, but this time i think that the price will not crash at least.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:03:15 PM

Why will a lot of people be disappointed? Do you think that halving will have no impact on the Bitcoin price?

With all these hype regarding the pump at the halving I'm beginning to see a lot of people will be disappointed when the time comes.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:23:04 PM

Why will a lot of people be disappointed? Do you think that halving will have no impact on the Bitcoin price?

With all these hype regarding the pump at the halving I'm beginning to see a lot of people will be disappointed when the time comes.

he is clearly wrong, as i see it the effect of the halving is already started, the last pump was part of it for sure

like it was said the effect of the halving can occur long before it
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:23:34 PM

The price right now is good enough for bitcoin mining to remain profitable, so we don't need a price rise.
My guess now is that we could see a stable price, without high fluctuation.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:50:11 PM

As i said in other posts i think the price of bitcoin will increase right up until the halving with alot of activity in the days before, during and after but within a week the price will fall again and settle for a while.  Grin
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:54:49 PM

There is no need for the price to increase now.

If you look at most new miners, it will be profitable at this rate. ROI is what counts, and this moment it is profitable and achievable.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 03:05:31 AM

Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, and miners will Stuart to leave. This will cause higher TX fees, and people also leaving bitcoin. After this, people will fight for the fastest transaction speed, and the TX fee will rise sharply. After this happens, miners again would be attracted to the high fees.

And repeat.
BTT

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 03:06:58 AM

Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, and miners will Stuart to leave. This will cause higher TX fees, and people also leaving bitcoin. After this, people will fight for the fastest transaction speed, and the TX fee will rise sharply. After this happens, miners again would be attracted to the high fees.

And repeat.

Yep... But the thing untrue about your statement is that the miners will start to leave. They won't if the price of BTC goes up in accordance to the halving.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:31:06 AM

And repeat.

Yep... But the thing untrue about your statement is that the miners will start to leave. They won't if the price of BTC goes up in accordance to the halving.

At the same time, new mining will join the competition if the price of bitcoin goes more than one fold. There are many more different scenario of halving price impact on mining and the other aspects of bitcoin ecosystem. Simple and most expected is double the price and more miners come in.
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:37:47 AM

The effect for halving has already taken place, the price is almost double the price it was before and because the coin reward will he halved we will still  lose our coins on miners or electricity after halving.
it's is a planned game nothing much to worry about unless you get free electricity or ultra cheap equipment.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:05:24 AM

Last halving there was not a huge pump or dump, but this time i think that the price will not crash at least.

Taking the current market situation into consideration I don't think there will be a price dump but more chances of price increase because Bitcoin is doing really well nowadays and even if the price drops down in second quarter of 2016 it will again pump up during last quarter of 2016 just like how it happened this year

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:24:35 AM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?
when btcoin halving happen on next August,nobody know what will happen to bitcoin price,even many expert dont know what will happen,and i search it on some site. but i wih it will make bitcoin price better,lets hope bitcoin price raise up to $1000 when bitcoin halving happen.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:29:02 AM

Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, ...

The supply will not decrease. It is increasing now and it will continue to increase after the halving. Bitcoins are not consumed. There will always be more and more bitcoins available for sale until the subsidy goes to 0.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:47:50 AM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

How many times discussed about this topic.... It would be enough to do a simple search and will find tons of posts about this question. Thread created this, for more, with only few words in the form of a simple banal question. The only news is the second part which guess a crash of the price after the halving. But no one word why must have probability to happen this guess (without any kind of foundation). Now want me to do a question to OP. I am unable to find even only one very little reason about the why of this your supposition. May you give even only one reason which make you to write these words? In this way I can learn something new (and unimaginable for my mind). Or creating this post you wanted that your nick be written with gold letters at the hall of fame of those who has open (are authors of the open of) threads at bitcointalk?
hitchingAride (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:47:07 PM

How many times discussed about this topic.... It would be enough to do a simple search and will find tons of posts about this question. Thread created this, for more, with only few words in the form of a simple banal question. The only news is the second part which guess a crash of the price after the halving. But no one word why must have probability to happen this guess (without any kind of foundation). Now want me to do a question to OP. I am unable to find even only one very little reason about the why of this your supposition. May you give even only one reason which make you to write these words? In this way I can learn something new (and unimaginable for my mind). Or creating this post you wanted that your nick be written with gold letters at the hall of fame of those who has open (are authors of the open of) threads at bitcointalk?

I apologize n2004al for the unoriginal post, I am completely new to the forums but will search for similar posts in the future before posting!  Embarrassed
I will now try to answer your question about why I added the guess of a crash...

It seems the overall consensus is that the value of bitcoins will go up as a result of halving mining reward. But it may be helpful to look at the recent history of Litecoin which has already undergone a halving in its mining reward. We can see after the halving of the block reward for Litecoin from 50 to 25 LTC on Aug 25th, the price was fairly stable the value of Litecoin actually declined days after but then quickly retained around its original value prior to Aug 25th. When the time comes for Bitcoin to be halved, I would imagine miners will be disappointed with receiving half as many btc, since I really don't see any large increase to the valuation of bitcoins. I believe the short term affect of the halving will be a decline since miners will be forced to sell off larger portions of their mined Bitcoins to expand their operations just so they can still see some profit from the smaller block rewards. For those who believe the price may double, realize that as odolvlobo said the supply is not decreasing its just the rate at which the supply is growing is just lower.

I don't necessarily think bitcoin will crash but perhaps we will see some decline during July. Even if bitcoin was going to drastically increase it would have already done so way before July 2016 since the halving of the block reward is public knowledge.

greed, for lack of a better word, is good.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:25:50 AM

when btcoin halving happen on next August,nobody know what will happen to bitcoin price,even many expert dont know what will happen,and i search it on some site. but i wih it will make bitcoin price better,lets hope bitcoin price raise up to $1000 when bitcoin halving happen.
No one knows. probably miners see the reward become half and the mining profits cannot sustain the operation cost, they dump the coins to cause the price decline.
Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, ...

The supply will not decrease. It is increasing now and it will continue to increase after the halving. Bitcoins are not consumed. There will always be more and more bitcoins available for sale until the subsidy goes to 0.
Only the growth rate is reduced. The supply is still increasing, not as fast as befor halving.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: