Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 12:29:12 PM

Halving will reduce the supply of the moondollars. If the demand is the same, the price will rise, maybe even double.
i doubt that the price can actually double just because of the halving but it will surely grow at least a hundred dollars

i hope that we will not see any drops because the price of the uᴉoɔʇᴉq needs to be high in order to attract more people

I think it is other way around. When more people come to use uᴉoɔʇᴉq, the uᴉoɔʇᴉq price will go higher.

it works both ways.

the more people using uᴉoɔʇᴉq means more demand and price will rise because of this.

also when the price goes up (like last time going to >$1100) it will attract a lot of attention that causes a lot more people buying uᴉoɔʇᴉq and then the last step happens like a cycle.

Cyclic process might continue but its hardly difficult to get increase on every halving. Last time the halving gave a great increase in price, so this time the same can't be expected. Based on the situation things will get changed.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:32:29 PM

Halving will reduce the supply of the moondollars. If the demand is the same, the price will rise, maybe even double.
i doubt that the price can actually double just because of the halving but it will surely grow at least a hundred dollars

i hope that we will not see any drops because the price of the uᴉoɔʇᴉq needs to be high in order to attract more people

I think it is other way around. When more people come to use uᴉoɔʇᴉq, the uᴉoɔʇᴉq price will go higher.

it works both ways.

the more people using uᴉoɔʇᴉq means more demand and price will rise because of this.

also when the price goes up (like last time going to >$1100) it will attract a lot of attention that causes a lot more people buying uᴉoɔʇᴉq and then the last step happens like a cycle.

Cyclic process might continue but its hardly difficult to get increase on every halving. Last time the halving gave a great increase in price, so this time the same can't be expected. Based on the situation things will get changed.

The situation really change from the last halving because we have so many user now unlike past few years ago where only few have bitcoins.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:43:43 PM

Will the value of uᴉoɔʇᴉq go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

It will cause a big crash, not because of drop of mining reward though. Simply because everyone is holding waiting for the halving. They'll all sell at the exact same time!!!

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:07:52 PM

Will the value of uᴉoɔʇᴉq go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

It will cause a big crash, not because of drop of mining reward though. Simply because everyone is holding waiting for the halving. They'll all sell at the exact same time!!!

Why exact at the same time?
could you explain why?

Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:12:39 PM

could you explain why?

Imagine people holding 10 000 btc. They're all waiting for halving because they think it'll rise. They'll all want to sell at the same moment, just after the halving. If people holding 10 000 btc want all to sell at the same moment, price will fall. Simple supply/demand logic.

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:14:10 PM

This darn halving coming couple months too early.
Hope it follows by a dump so we can all get cheap btc, i miss 200ish.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:14:17 PM

could you explain why?

Imagine people holding 10 000 btc. They're all waiting for halving because they think it'll rise. They'll all want to sell at the same moment, just after the halving. If people holding 10 000 btc want all to sell at the same moment, price will fall. Simple supply/demand logic.

it is right what you say...but it is just "imagination".

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:18:33 PM

The halving will have affect on the halving with the price increase, the bitcoin will rise in his price without any doubts.
The halving is so strong, and the fact is also that a lot of people are investing these days so that is also a good sign.
Overall I think the halving will let the price increase with some little numbers.
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:18:43 PM

could you explain why?

that does make sense,however, the market still active even halving yet realized because people still need money instead of uᴉoɔʇᴉq,and if people spreading about this halving a lot,it just make the situation go worse

why is always writen so "uᴉoɔʇᴉq" for bitcoin?

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:19:34 PM

could you explain why?

I think we understand the supply/demand part. It's the wanting to sell at the same time part that's mystifying me, at least - I understand the "how" (economics 101), I don't understand the "why". Why would large holders simultaneously decide to stop being large holders?

Honestly, I can see noobs with a few BTC reaching panic levels when price doesn't do what they expect, but someone who's taken the time and money to invest in 10k BTC, just dumping 10k BTC in one go? It'd be a stretch to believe that one large holder would do this - that many would, at the same time, baffles me.

This space intentionally left blank.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:44:20 PM

The bitcoin will let the price rise to a higher amount this year, because of the halving, the halving will also makes it more difficult to mine.
But the plus point from that is that the price is gonna rise to a higher amount sooner or later because of it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:49:00 PM

200 is dangerous now for miners, it can be unprofitable, since the diff skyrocket 2x already, compared to the last time

so no we aren't returning to 200 ever unless you want an insecure network
fredashton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:53:07 PM

200 is dangerous now for miners, it can be unprofitable, since the diff skyrocket 2x already, compared to the last time

so no we aren't returning to 200 ever unless you want an insecure network

200 is really not profitable to the miners as well as for the traders of bitcoin,but we wont be going back there because everyone wants a higher price more than 500.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:56:59 PM

$200 is completely impossible unless someone presses a wrong button and decides to just ruin this crypto...
Bitcoins are not going anywhere near that range, possibly it can reach just $350, that too if there are too many miners who will get out of this, else if things get serious and these coins get into stronger hands, don't expect to see it below $600 at any cost...

miakama

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:38:34 AM

$200 is completely impossible unless someone presses a wrong button and decides to just ruin this crypto...
Bitcoins are not going anywhere near that range, possibly it can reach just $350, that too if there are too many miners who will get out of this, else if things get serious and these coins get into stronger hands, don't expect to see it below $600 at any cost...

The price is with a tight range. I think somebody is accumulating the coins. If the price is too high, they will push it down.
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:55:48 AM

200 is really out the the league,bitcoin price might be down at 370 only and will increase gradually then hit at 500-600 after 3 months of the halving event.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:50:01 AM

The value of bitcoin will not be affected much by the halving because it will just reduce the reward given to miners the main thing that can affect its price is the adoption and more users for bitcoin.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:49:07 AM

The halving will have affect on the halving with the price increase, the bitcoin will rise in his price without any doubts.
The halving is so strong, and the fact is also that a lot of people are investing these days so that is also a good sign.
Overall I think the halving will let the price increase with some little numbers.

well, plenty of people expect the price to go up significantly due to the upcoming block halving, which might push the price higher before the halving. but they mostly plan to sell it directly after the halving to secure profits. which basically means that after the block halving the price will see some heavy dumpings.
greghansel89

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:02:50 PM

well, plenty of people expect the price to go up significantly due to the upcoming block halving, which might push the price higher before the halving. but they mostly plan to sell it directly after the halving to secure profits. which basically means that after the block halving the price will see some heavy dumpings.

Yeah,we will see a huge dump in bitcoin after the halving and this will really affect the price and we might go down to 400 again.
nielaminda

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:58:07 PM

Yeah,we will see a huge dump in bitcoin after the halving and this will really affect the price and we might go down to 400 again.

This is what im afraid of the huge dump that will happen after we reach a certain amount in the price,i just hope that the price will stay in 600.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: