Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:48:17 AM

he is clearly wrong, as i see it the effect of the halving is already started, the last pump was part of it for sure

like it was said the effect of the halving can occur long before it

Some rumours hanging around that one of the reason of the last pump would be that there are alot of ponzis going around at Asia especially south eash asia that have switch into bitcoin instead of traditional fiat. The halving will have another pump soon when it is reaching the limit, as of now I dont see it to be caused by halving yet since there isnt any hype

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:50:18 AM

The effect for halving has already taken place, the price is almost double the price it was before and because the coin reward will he halved we will still  lose our coins on miners or electricity after halving.
it's is a planned game nothing much to worry about unless you get free electricity or ultra cheap equipment.
I cannot get your logic. Since we know that most of the bitcoin trading volume is dominated at CNY. The price of movement probably come from the Chinese speculators. It is still early to say the price will stabilize at this level in the future. Some miners may be scared of the declining price in the upcoming halving and decide to dump the coins. SO let's wait and see.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
erwin45hacked
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:25:12 AM

I cannot get your logic. Since we know that most of the bitcoin trading volume is dominated at CNY. The price of movement probably come from the Chinese speculators.

Most of the volume in chinese exchanger are fakes anyway. Since there is no trading fee in the chinese exchanger, some people could keep selling and buying for the sake of pumping the volume and confusing everyone, thats the reason why their volume is not listed in some statistics site
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:09:58 AM

I cannot get your logic. Since we know that most of the bitcoin trading volume is dominated at CNY. The price of movement probably come from the Chinese speculators.

Most of the volume in chinese exchanger are fakes anyway. Since there is no trading fee in the chinese exchanger, some people could keep selling and buying for the sake of pumping the volume and confusing everyone, thats the reason why their volume is not listed in some statistics site

Zero trading charges might not the right reason for higher volume. Buying or selling must required some funds (considering they can provide big level of leverages). Fees is highly negligible when comparing to bitcoin prices. So, I do not think the higher volume in Chinese exchanges are fake or just due to zero fee for trading.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:17:52 AM

Zero trading charges might not the right reason for higher volume. Buying or selling must required some funds

What you are saying is just really dumb imo. If you are going to fake some volumes ofcourse you will have the funds to do so or else it cant be done and also since it has no trading fees, the insider could just fake some volumes as well regardless
Mulzatas

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:21:05 AM

Some rumours hanging around that one of the reason of the last pump would be that there are alot of ponzis going around at Asia especially south eash asia that have switch into bitcoin instead of traditional fiat. The halving will have another pump soon when it is reaching the limit, as of now I dont see it to be caused by halving yet since there isnt any hype

The MMM has announced to stop withdraw temporally, maybe it cannot continue for long. But the bitcoin price has not dropped.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3480

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:27:46 AM

I think that halving didn't get any particular value to btc... not much as 15% maximum.
Normally a price reflect "the future" and "the past"... the old price above 1000$ was really conditioned by mt.gox scam... and this is not the "real max value of btc".... probably the really price was around 500-700 $... and in the future with halving we can see again this price, but it's not impossible we can touch before halving these price range...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 08:40:30 AM

It has to affect the price, I'm sure of it.
Miners will be getting half of what they're getting now. Although, it's not like they're dumping everything to make their mining sustainable, still they will need a price increase.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:44:22 AM

The MMM has announced to stop withdraw temporally, maybe it cannot continue for long. But the bitcoin price has not dropped.

Not just the MMM but there are alot of local ponzis going around in most of the south east asian countries. Thats one of the main reason that the price has been stable since people keep buyng to join these ponzis. I live in a south east asian country and believe me I know whats going on in my country Smiley
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:00:01 AM

pre-halving pump is ongoing, look at all those mainstream fuckers hyping it.
you know what! I liked BTC even when touching 200.
Death to fiat! Death to corporate blockchain! Death to 2.0 garbage!
Only BTC.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:05:05 AM

he is clearly wrong, as i see it the effect of the halving is already started, the last pump was part of it for sure

You cannot really talk about effect of halving before halving. I don't believe in pre-halving effect. It is too soon for that. I want to know what will happen AFTER actually halving hits us.
And based of previous events (Litecoin halving, 1st bitcoin halving) price went down - every time. Will it be the same this time?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:26:43 AM

yeah but they are not telling you why those ponzi are going around, and i can clearly say that is in part for the halving

chinese will not pump the price for the halvign when everyone will expect it, this is obvious, if you think that they will let their 60% of the network without profit, you're being naive
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:51:58 AM

The recent price could be due to the expectation of halving effect. When the halving actually happens, the price might not rise.

Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:10:12 PM

Got a bad feeling that the pre-halving pump is already over done, after the halving the value would drop back to the pre-pump level.

zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:56:34 PM

If you only talk about the next halving, the value of bitcoin can be expected to raised a lot accompanied by the hype of the pump in the price of bitcoin at the moment. But on later halvings this will cause a considerable problem because the mining reward will be too low and the fee will be really high. This can mark the end of bitcoin in my opinion
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:39:45 PM

Got a bad feeling that the pre-halving pump is already over done, after the halving the value would drop back to the pre-pump level.

if you think that it is over, then sell your coins and buy back later Smiley i think the pump has not even started yet. the price goes up, yes. but the real bull run or rally will come 1 or 2 months before the halving.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:43:51 PM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

I hope to see a nice a pump.Maybe a doubling of the actual price?Who knows.
The question is when will this kick in.I believe the halving effect will start before the halving and also could have an after effect, which hopefully isn't a big dump.In worst case I believe we would stay where we are now.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:01:46 PM

if you think that it is over, then sell your coins and buy back later Smiley i think the pump has not even started yet. the price goes up, yes. but the real bull run or rally will come 1 or 2 months before the halving.
I agree this is not even the beginning of the pre-halving pump yet. This is the pump coming from China's regulation only. We should hold some bitcoin and wait for the real pump before the halving
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

The recent price could be due to the expectation of halving effect. When the halving actually happens, the price might not rise.

That is exactly going to happen in 2016, when the block reward halving occurs. A lot of short traders have jumped in during the last 2-3 months, expecting a big spike in the exchange rate once the reward halving occurs. Once it become clear that the halving will have no effect on the exchange rates, these traders are likely to dump their coins, causing a crash in the exchange rate. 
Oscoda

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:21:33 PM

I suppose we will see a very diverted market. Some expect a high rise, some a low if there will be no rise.
The other halving nothing much has happened. That would be my guess too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: