Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:12:51 AM

1) After halving the daily, monthly and yearly supply drops by half. Demand is going up and strong, so price tends to increase.

2) Miners sell only at a higher price to compensate for the reward drop. Price tends to increase.

3) Everyone thinks price will go up, so the price will go up.

4) More future demand since I guess the event would be covered well by media (like when it hit $1k).

We know the halving is going to happen, but I think market would still react (very) because it hasn't happened and is only going to. That said I would expect the price to climb up slowly just before the sharp rise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:09:41 AM

1) After halving the daily, monthly and yearly supply drops by half. Demand is going up and strong, so price tends to increase.

The supply does not halve, the production halves. Those are two very different things. The supply increases with every block and it will continue to increase whether the subsidy is 25 btc or 12.5 btc. The price rises when growth in demand increases more than growth in supply.

2) Miners sell only at a higher price to compensate for the reward drop. Price tends to increase.
No. Miners will sell at whatever price they can get. They are such a small part of the market that they have very little influence on prices.

3) Everyone thinks price will go up, so the price will go up.

Yes, but the bad news is that you are describing a bubble. Bubbles pop. Any increase in price caused solely by the expectation of an increase will eventually disappear when the bubble pops. Just look at what happened to litecoin.

4) More future demand since I guess the event would be covered well by media (like when it hit $1k).

Maybe. Maybe not. It is hard to predict what will happen to demand.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:22:51 AM

bubble pop yes, but what it matter, and it was said many times, is the new bottom that you will get after the bubble pop

simple example, last big bubble the 1200 ath, started from 60 and went all the way high to 1200, then the bubble popped, but what we got as a new bottom? 230 not 60 anymore

this is what each bubble will do, establish a new higher bottom... new higher bottom will be 400-800 range, probably still under 1k
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:31:43 AM

for me bitcoin block halving can affect the supply because the reward of every block is half by 2 and i think if the supply is less and more buyer are come the price will increase more.. thats why the price of bitcoin is still increase.. but the value of bitcoin if the difficulty is still high and difficulty will increase more more suply will come and value of bitcoin will be decrease..

If the difficulty is still high, it means people are still interested in protecting the bitcoin network. It is excellent.

If the difficulty is too high...this means that some people are working with lost to "kill" other miners who can not lose...
if mining is lost...how long can miners mine with lost?...it's a battle...
Mining will not lost and even after halving there will be someone who will mine bitcoin and the other thing is that already about 75% bitcoins are mined so only need a little struggle to mine the remaining 25% bitcoins.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 10:07:09 AM

for me bitcoin block halving can affect the supply because the reward of every block is half by 2 and i think if the supply is less and more buyer are come the price will increase more.. thats why the price of bitcoin is still increase.. but the value of bitcoin if the difficulty is still high and difficulty will increase more more suply will come and value of bitcoin will be decrease..

If the difficulty is still high, it means people are still interested in protecting the bitcoin network. It is excellent.

If the difficulty is too high...this means that some people are working with lost to "kill" other miners who can not lose...
Mining will not lost and even after halving there will be someone who will mine bitcoin and the other thing is that already about 75% bitcoins are mined so only need a little struggle to mine the remaining 25% bitcoins.

your answer has not a sense...or I do not understand it...
Mining will make 12.5BTC all 10 minutes...if millions and millions big miners mine...the mining is then "global" lost...I'm sorry...it is so...

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:55:27 PM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

i think it is easy to understand that price will rise, and bitcoin now can rise to new ATH, everybody hopes for that, but personally i think that price will rise up to 1000$ and even then it will be awesome

and halving happens to every crypto currency, and every time price rises, maybe not 2 times more but it still rises, so from this people know that price will rise with bitcoin too
I also believe that the price will rise and it will definitely rise as the demand will be increased and it is said that the supply will be reduced so in that situation everyone is sure that the price will boost up.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:40:52 PM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?
i think it is easy to understand that price will rise, and bitcoin now can rise to new ATH, everybody hopes for that, but personally i think that price will rise up to 1000$ and even then it will be awesome
and halving happens to every crypto currency, and every time price rises, maybe not 2 times more but it still rises, so from this people know that price will rise with bitcoin too
I also believe that the price will rise and it will definitely rise as the demand will be increased and it is said that the supply will be reduced so in that situation everyone is sure that the price will boost up.

The supply will not be reduced. The supply increases with every block whether the reward is 25 btc or 12.5 btc.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Beauty20

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:27:53 PM

Halving will make bitcoin value rise to $1000 and more
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:30:08 PM

Halving will make bitcoin value rise to $1000 and more
I think this is not the couses after block having.. and i think it will affect also the supply it will decrease our supply if more people are buying bitcoins.. thats why the price of bitcoin will more valuable.. after block halving..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 05:39:10 PM

Well when the time comes we will see the rise , Because when there is smaller block reward the price will surely increase . No one will get disappointed at least we will see 50-100$ rise .

Everyone thinks price will go up, so the price will go up.

This is not about what everyone thinks . Everyone thinks that bitcoin will hit 2k$ So bitcoin hit 2k$ ? NO.

No. Miners will sell at whatever price they can get. They are such a small part of the market that they have very little influence on prices.

Mostly the miners sells at high price.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:54:49 PM

Yes, with the halving the price by sure increases and so the price of bitcoin at this halving will also increase just like in the halving of 2013, and for anything when the supply is reduced the price goes to higher value.
sadyas

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:02:20 AM

Yes, with the halving the price by sure increases and so the price of bitcoin at this halving will also increase just like in the halving of 2013, and for anything when the supply is reduced the price goes to higher value.

The price did not increase much during the halving in 2013. The big bubble formed in 2013, 10 months after.
Dwelach

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:39:06 AM

The halving will be not that bad of course but also not that best because it was already stable for a long time so the value will also not be that high in the halving.
And that is bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit and that is not possible for them they have to wait a longer time.
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:58:22 AM

The halving will be not that bad of course but also not that best because it was already stable for a long time so the value will also not be that high in the halving.
And that is bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit and that is not possible for them they have to wait a longer time.

In the last halving in 2012-2013, the bitcoin price rose over 100 times. This time, it might just rise 10 times.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:19:38 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 06:55:54 AM by Amph

The price did not increase much during the halving in 2013. The big bubble formed in 2013, 10 months after.

there was no halving in 2013, it was just a bubble that was driven by heavy speculation due to doge and willibot or whatever
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:06:21 AM

Everyone is hoping that the value is going to rise of the Bitcoin in the halving but the bad thing is that we cant control it so we have just to wait and see for what will happen.
But it was already stable for a long time so there is a high chance that the value can rise soon.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:12:25 AM

The price is now on its way to hit $500 and it can happen either this month or the next month. If the halving comes in this can change somethings. The price can go down which makes the Bitcoin a bit cheaper.
This is not a bad thing because it allows people to invest more.
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:10:29 PM

In the last halving in 2012-2013, the bitcoin price rose over 100 times. This time, it might just rise 10 times.

That 100 times rise wasn't caused by the halving alone. There was a lot of factors involved in it too. This time the price probably won't even go higher than $1000~ until next year.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:33:43 AM

That 100 times rise wasn't caused by the halving alone. There was a lot of factors involved in it too. This time the price probably won't even go higher than $1000~ until next year.
Bitcoin will have not that bad halving and that is because the value of Bitcoin was already stable for a long time so it must be more worth soon in the halving.
The bad thing is of course that you cant know that for sure but you need to take the risk that you have to hold it.
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:18:52 PM

The halving can effect then the value of the Bitcoin, I think that if the havling comes that the price is going to be lower. This is a good thing for people who do not have much to invest, this way they can also buy some coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: