Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:11:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:26:19 PM

The halving could double the bitcoin price. But it also depends on the general adoptioin of the coin.

It could as well triple it...
No seriousely...it will not affect much the BTC price.

Answer 2 questions:
 1) how much costs to mine 1 bitcoin ?
 2) how much will cost to mine 1 bitcoin after halving ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 09:34:05 PM

The halving could double the bitcoin price. But it also depends on the general adoptioin of the coin.

Answer 2 questions:

We can only answer the 2and question is when we know the difficulty to mine 1 BTC.
Then it will depend on the BTC price after halving.

luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:17:43 AM

Answer 2 questions:

Your answer varies on the budget, ultimately you need minimum of like 5 THS just to even produce .1btc I think.

I forget, but it was just a absurd # higher then that if thats not it.

jkrules

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:38:26 AM

most probably the price of the bitcoin will not be too different even though it will rise a little bit i doubt it will double

im holding my bitcoins right now as i believe that the price will grow though only time can show it right now

It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, and miners will Stuart to leave. This will cause higher TX fees, and people also leaving bitcoin.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:20:59 AM

most probably the price of the bitcoin will not be too different even though it will rise a little bit i doubt it will double

im holding my bitcoins right now as i believe that the price will grow though only time can show it right now

It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, and miners will Stuart to leave. This will cause higher TX fees, and people also leaving bitcoin.

People wont leave bitcoin just by that,people are still going to use bitcoin because after the halving the price will surely change.
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:26:20 PM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

It is pretty simple to know what will happen, price will rise, just i am afraid that after halving everone will sell their bitcoins so price might fall down, but it still will be higher than before halving

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:14:04 PM

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

It is pretty simple to know what will happen, price will rise, just i am afraid that after halving everone will sell their bitcoins so price might fall down, but it still will be higher than before halving

When all the people start to all their bitcoin at once or even in 1 day the price of bitcoin will drop more than it rise.
maxj57634

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:16:54 PM

When all the people start to all their bitcoin at once or even in 1 day the price of bitcoin will drop more than it rise.

I hope that wont happen the sudden boost of seller of bitcoin in just 1 day that will really cripple bitcoin and maybe a bad thing.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:26:47 PM

Halving might rise price just before the halving, and then a little after the halving. Just after halving it is likely that many will sell due to increase in price and panic.

But it can happen the other way around, who knows lol.

haileysantos95

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:39:34 PM

Halving might rise price just before the halving, and then a little after the halving. Just after halving it is likely that many will sell due to increase in price and panic.

The panic of user will brings the price down again so i think its better to sell just a little and slowly so we wont end up in 400 again.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:46:53 PM

The panic of user will brings the price down again so i think its better to sell just a little and slowly so we wont end up in 400 again.

i doubt, until know after a great pump and then a dump the bottom was higher each time and that's is the real increase, it was higher after the first big bubble in 2011 when it went to 25x

and it was higher after the last ath of 1200, it will be the same thing this time, it wil be higher and probably higher than 1k if we can reach crazy value like 2k and above
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:53:35 PM

the users will continue expecting a rise, there is not going to be any panic. just the expected time will shift even if the price doesn't change.

Buying the dip...
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:01:54 PM

One has not to put in the same basket the halving effect and the effect expected by the traders...
if BTC goes up it is not the halving effect but the trade effect...
and trade effect can as well drive down the btc price.

benmartin613

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:47:26 PM

the users will continue expecting a rise, there is not going to be any panic. just the expected time will shift even if the price doesn't change.

We wont know if there will be a panic selling or not since everyone expect that the price will go up after the halving.
treeguard

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:32:11 PM

it will surely push the price up, im holding my bitcoins because of that, i believe in bitcoin and i believe that its price is going to rise a lot in the future

halving is just one of many reasons why the price should go up and on this event it will surely be pumped up by people
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:30:02 AM

it will surely push the price up, im holding my bitcoins because of that, i believe in bitcoin and i believe that its price is going to rise a lot in the future

halving is just one of many reasons why the price should go up and on this event it will surely be pumped up by people

Yeah halving is really the part of the reason why bitcoin price increase like the last halving did,but it will take some time for it to rise as mindful players of bitcoin will manipulate so some will sell it low.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:07:40 AM

Halving makes the price of bitcoin to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:46:42 PM

Halving makes the price of bitcoin to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.

The halving will make the price go higher. But the effect is less than the previous halvings. This time, it is from 25 to 12.5.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:01:42 PM

People believe that the halving will cause the price to double because they mistakenly believe that the supply of bitcoins is halved. The supply is not halved. Bitcoins are not consumed. There will be more bitcoins after the halving than before the halving.

After the previous halving, the price was relatively stable for a couple months up to the Cyprus bubble. The price of a Litecoin actually fell dramatically both before and after its halving last year, and it has been very stable since then.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:45:20 AM

The halving will make the price go higher. But the effect is less than the previous halvings. This time, it is from 25 to 12.5.

It will really make the price higher because there will be much less coins to be mine and the difficulty is much higher after the halving.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: