Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013  (Read 22690 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 05:50:02 PM

Yes, we get it, you love to rant on and on without answering questions. Stick on topic. Which refund requests are non-refundable? Ask your boss, he can probably explain it to you.

Like I said, please find someone to explain basic English to you.  I can't help you any further.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 06:21:49 PM

That's pretty clear. That's not just a typo. Read it again. non·re·fund·able. What refund requests will not be honored?

Maybe you can track down someone with actual company authority to clarify the policy. Is Sonny still around, or has he skipped the country again?

Wow, we've managed to find someone more devoid of intelligence than PuertoLibre, congrats!
False, you definitely looked int the mirror at some point this year.

I'd also hate to be in your shoes when you [potentially] tell your customers that your fab contract may have not produced anything worth writing home about.

Then again, you might surprise us all on the 24th. I left some room to still believe in your COO expertise.

----------------------

Contiguous failure does eat away at the best of souls. You probably need people to cheer you on at this point.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 06:23:05 PM

Yes, we get it, you love to rant on and on without answering questions. Stick on topic. Which refund requests are non-refundable? Ask your boss, he can probably explain it to you.

Like I said, please find someone to explain basic English to you.  I can't help you any further.

Well then go find someone that can explain it to you. There's got to be at least one of those 22 employees that can explain a basic refund policy. How about the soldering lady? You have no chips, so she's got nothing to solder. She'd probably love the chance to actually do something.

Buy & Hold
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 06:24:53 PM

Fuck me. Bfl as far as i know gives out refunds to anyone who asks. Simple as that. Why is this aspect being debated?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 07:46:59 PM

Fuck me. Bfl as far as i know gives out refunds to anyone who asks. Simple as that. Why is this aspect being debated?

I wouldn't exactly say they're chompin' on the bit to give refunds.. I emailed for one Thursday and haven't heard back from them yet.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 07:51:10 PM

I wouldn't exactly say they're chompin' on the bit to give refunds.. I emailed for one Thursday and haven't heard back from them yet.

To be fair to them i would expect them to get 3-4 biz days to respond. If they dont send another email and post back here.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:03:41 PM

Why? Because the official website says they're not refundable.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/faq/

Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable

As a member of the Bitcoin community, I'm concerned that BFL will stop giving refunds because that's their official policy.

Buy & Hold
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:07:24 PM

Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable

As a member of the Bitcoin community, I'm concerned that BFL will stop giving refunds because that's their official policy.

Bro, their FAQ doesn't mean jack shit.

That same FAQ said they'd be shipping in October, then went on to elaborate for a paragraph as to why we should trust them to ship in October.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:23:50 PM

Judge them by what they do, and that is issue refunds in a satisfactory manner. Not some website page written in an hour or twoto sound fancy.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:24:39 PM

Nothing coming from BFL means jack. Their products are delayed because they're defective...uh no they're not. They have no batches, but batch 1 will follow their convoluted 1/3 shipping schedule. You guys are right to be concerned about their future refund policy because this company's policies and explanations are consistently contradicted by their own staff.

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:27:20 PM

Nothing coming from BFL means jack. Their products are delayed because they're defective...uh no they're not. They have no batches, but batch 1 will follow their convoluted 1/3 shipping schedule. You guys are right to be concerned about their future refund policy because this company's policies and explanations are consistently contradicted by their own staff.

But giving out refunds is the one fricking thing they have done correctky for whoever asks. Worry? I suppose if there is a mad rush to get them but at this point that is not the case.

I dont trust anyone around here. But bfl and them actually giving out refunds is a non issue until someone is stonewalled for 10+ business days.
creativex

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:29:03 PM

Judge them by what they do, and that is issue refunds in a satisfactory manner. Not some website page written in an hour or twoto sound fancy.

Did you not notice the company's COO just mention that it was a CYA clause? CYA from what? Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future actions, though I doubt denying a refund to a pre-order customer when it's months late is legal and could potentially open a huge can of worms.

bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:08:03 PM

Yeah, I wish they'd polish up the website with new pics, better info, updated dates etc... and for Satoshi's sake, why is the production update so out of date?  If Josh / Inaba would spend as much time fixing the site as he puts into defending against troll attacks over here, it might even have an updated pic of the SC Single's case design in place of the current main page pic (a FPGA single board with heatsink).

A scam would be more polished than the currently neglected BFL home page.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:12:57 PM

But giving out refunds is the one fricking thing they have done correctky for whoever asks. Worry? I suppose if there is a mad rush to get them but at this point that is not the case.

Pirateat40 did a pretty good job of paying out at first too. How well did that turn out? How about mybitcoin.com? etc. Every delay has more and more people asking for refunds. BFL will stop sending refunds. Make no mistake about it. The even say so on their website.

I dont trust anyone around here. But bfl and them actually giving out refunds is a non issue until someone is stonewalled for 10+ business days.

And then it's too late. Game over. Sonny moves off to another country with another $19,000,000 in his back pocket.

Buy & Hold
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 10:14:54 PM

Yeah, I wish they'd polish up the website with new pics, better info, updated dates etc... and for Satoshi's sake, why is the production update so out of date?  If Josh / Inaba would spend as much time fixing the site as he puts into defending against troll attacks over here, it might even have an updated pic of the SC Single's case design in place of the current main page pic (a FPGA single board with heatsink).

Two reasons: 

One, the current website is Wordpress and I loathe Wordpress thus I tend to avoid trying to update it.
Two, the new website should be rolled out soon, so updating the old one has taken a back seat to other issues. See point one.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 04:15:21 AM

One, the current website is Wordpress and I loathe Wordpress thus I tend to avoid trying to update it.
Two, the new website should be rolled out soon, so updating the old one has taken a back seat to other issues. See point one.

Holy crap, Inaba fucking answered a fucking question, no circus, no 2.5 long bitchy rant, no face eating rage just answered a question.
This happens less than halley's comet passing !!!

Inaba has made this very clear, its just difficult to sift through the rage to see any content. The FAQ is correct and that they can refuse any refunds thanks to company policy.

bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 10:04:43 AM

Yeah, I wish they'd polish up the website with new pics, better info, updated dates etc... and for Satoshi's sake, why is the production update so out of date?  If Josh / Inaba would spend as much time fixing the site as he puts into defending against troll attacks over here, it might even have an updated pic of the SC Single's case design in place of the current main page pic (a FPGA single board with heatsink).

Two reasons: 

Inaba,   I didn't know a new site was in the works.   I have a problem with the "see point one."  It has caused me to go into an endless loop because when I am done with point two, I then read point one again and have to continue to point two.  It makes me really aware of how much you loathe Wordpress though.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Two reasons: 

Inaba,   I didn't know a new site was in the works.   I have a problem with the "see point one."  It has caused me to go into an endless loop because when I am done with point two, I then read point one again and have to continue to point two.  It makes me really aware of how much you loathe Wordpress though.
Hilarious!
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:29:24 PM

Yes we all know what your "should" means. "We should start shipments end of November ... rarara"  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
creativex

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:32:26 PM

Mission accomplished then! Cheesy One less person asking tough questions, like why can't this company ever seem to ship anything without multiple delays?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: