Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013  (Read 22690 times)
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:04:45 AM

Earlier Phinnaeus Gage doxed the BFL people. This post has been reported several times. I have decided to not delete the post. I think BFL is at the very least lying to people and at the very most trying to scam people, otherwise they would have shipped the product already.

Are you referring to this post?

What concerns me is that I get the impression that Jody and Josh are not even in the same building most of the time. They talk as if they haven't seen each other in the workplace [in the same day].

Whats up with that?

Why is Jody talking about it like it's the first shes heard of it? Isn't she GM (General Manager) and don't they see each other all of the time? Or is she a stay at home CS type of thing? (Serious question)

why does she act like she just heard the latest word from the blog or a post?

It's possible Jody Drake works from her office at home in front of the picture window watching her chickens.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jody-drake/13/556/4ba

http://www.awakeningworld.com/about.html

John Mutrux uses the same studio/home: http://www.mutrux.com/

http://asmp.org/community/chapters/chapter_profile.php?id=13

Board Member   
John Mutrux
5217 England
Merriam, KS 66203
(913) 722-4343 Work
(913) 982-6120 Cell
john@mutrux.com

Vice President   
Chris Vleisides
2507 Jefferson
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 421-1077 Work
chris@vpsphoto.com

Board Member   
Nicholas Vedros                 Nick V (?) (EDIT: possibly wrong Nick--I was thinking of Nick W)
1510 Jarboe Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 471-5488 Work
(816) 471-2666 Fax
nick.vedros@vedros.com

well shit son.

don't quote the whole thing, you'll get reported too.

Angry

I can deal with that. BFL/Inaba thinks I'm the devil anyway ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:29:03 AM

Has anyone ever actually met any of these people? I know exactly one BFL reps full name, the rest are all first names or convicted felons that seemingly have no official capacity with the company. I'll reserve my worry about Jody & her family's well being when I'm convinced there is a BFL_Jody.

Since BFL_Josh is in tight with Neal Fletcher and Neal Fletcher is a known puppetmaster over at bullshido...well color me skeptical.

Lol. But allow me to quote!

Of course I am not going to speak about the financials of BFL, but anyone with even a modicum of common sense would understand that 20k Bitcoins while not quite a trivial amount, is a tiny fraction.

Therefore your arguments are invalid.

I'm only pointing out motives, since motive is what gives your posts credence and you credibility.  And given your motives I no longer belief you're worth my time or effort.  

First off that reasoning is flawed, for one because you're not in a position to point out motives, merely suggest possible motives which may or may not be real, and for another because motives aren't in fact what gives "credence and credibility". What gives credibility is exactly what you don't have: a history.

Am I the only one here who's gob-smacked by the fact that none of the project leads for any of the BTC ASIC vendors seem to have been flying to Asia on a regular basis to meet with their agents and manufacturers?

As per the Inaba quote above: anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that a plane ticket, while not terribly expensive, is still quite the stumbling block for play-pretend paper corps created through sticking together various bits and pieces found on the Internet: a logo here, a company registration there, mix & match.

You mean you didn't read the new title of your own thread?

Cheesy ... that thread/title was created last week ... much could have changed since then. It's hard to keep up with Inaba/BFLs rate of excuses / new delivery dates / "press releases".

Some things don't ever change.

We always used to count on a two month delay around Chinese New Year.  As you said, many places close early because it takes so long for people to travel home.  They often re-open late for the same reason.  Another issue is that many workers don't return at all so when businesses in the manufacturing sector do re-open they not only have orders backed up but they often have to find new employees as well.  Even a business which is not directly affected itself will often have issues because its suppliers are affected.

Of course the fab might not be in China.  If it is, though, BLF urgently needs to find out whether it will be closing around the Chinese New Year period or working at reduced capacity.

Quoted mostly because I liked that if. It's very cute.

If that's the case, would The Fab Feb FAB Fib be added to the lexicon? (Fab = fabulous)

Lol.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 08:46:31 AM

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Earlier Phinnaeus Gage doxed the BFL people. This post has been reported several times. I have decided to not delete the post. I think BFL is at the very least lying to people and at the very most trying to scam people, otherwise they would have shipped the product already.

If you think I'm wrong and the post should be deleted, take it up with theymos. If you don't want unsavory characters like Phinnaeus Gage to dox you, then don't fuck investors.

I'm not sure to thank you or...

In real life, I have never been known to be unsavory, but many a times been characterized as a character. I did have to Google the word dox to make sure it meant what I thought it meant. Luckily I did, for for real I was off by a mile. (I thought it had something to do with spreading FUD or the like)

I am takin' aback that said post was reported several times, assuming the 'report to moderator' button was used. I've yet to ever use the damn thing with the exception of the first time I was banned, not sure what to make of that situation at the time. I also have never used the ignore button. Are there people here that are truly that messed up? Is this the reason Bitcoin 100 is having a hard time garnering donations for the current drive to support Bund?

Allow me to state something: Everything I do, I do for the advancement of Bitcoin. And admittedly several times I've fucked up.

Is it considered doxxing if I show that a Frans Effendi registered butterflylabs.com on 16-Aug-2009? http://www.websitevalue.us/www/butterflylabs.com And why does he go by a different name? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129869 Who is he? Why was I first person ever to bring this up?

Please don't get me wrong, Diablo, for I'm not upset with you, but I am worry that something is not right, and I'm not necessarily speaking of BFL. I don't even have a vendetta toward Josh.

Please accept my apologies, all, for this tad rant.

Peace.

~Bruno K~
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 10:10:26 AM

Quote from: bfl_josh
Chinese New Year is not going to be a problem for a variety of reasons, so don't worry about that.

Translation: Chinese New Year won't introduce any unforseen delays, because we don't intend to release anything ever. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

I will be heading east at some point to babysit the process, as soon as I have dates for that, I'll let everyone know.

Translation: I'll soon be smoking cigars and drinking champagne from the navels of exotic beauties in Havana, Cuba, suckers. I'll be posting pictures of lighting my cigars with your dollars.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 10:14:26 AM

lighting my cigars with your dollars.

I hope not. Cigars should always be lit with wood matches, otherwise it ruins the flavor.

greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 10:22:46 AM

I hope not. Cigars should always be lit with wood matches, otherwise it ruins the flavor.

Actually a cedar spill specifically, yeah.  Smiley
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 11:24:08 AM

Actually a cedar spill specifically, yeah.  Smiley

I've actually learned something useful on the forums today!  Cheesy
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:40:17 PM

If you think I'm wrong and the post should be deleted, take it up with theymos. If you don't want unsavory characters like Phinnaeus Gage to dox you, then don't fuck investors.

In real life, I have never been known to be unsavory, but many a times been characterized as a character. I did have to Google the word dox to make sure it meant what I thought it meant. Luckily I did, for for real I was off by a mile. (I thought it had something to do with spreading FUD or the like)

I am takin' aback that said post was reported several times, assuming the 'report to moderator' button was used. I've yet to ever use the damn thing with the exception of the first time I was banned, not sure what to make of that situation at the time. I also have never used the ignore button. Are there people here that are truly that messed up? Is this the reason Bitcoin 100 is having a hard time garnering donations for the current drive to support Bund?

Allow me to state something: Everything I do, I do for the advancement of Bitcoin. And admittedly several times I've fucked up.

Is it considered doxxing if I show that a Frans Effendi registered butterflylabs.com on 16-Aug-2009? http://www.websitevalue.us/www/butterflylabs.com And why does he go by a different name? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129869 Who is he? Why was I first person ever to bring this up?

Please don't get me wrong, Diablo, for I'm not upset with you, but I am worry that something is not right, and I'm not necessarily speaking of BFL. I don't even have a vendetta toward Josh.

Peace.

~Bruno K~

You're only doing the legwork many of us would do if we weren't slackers by nature. I've no idea what's going on with BFL, but it smells really foul over there.

tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:34:59 PM

You realize you just set a new standard here, right?  There are tons of people here, including mods and devs, who are broadly disliked and many folks feel have wronged them in some way.  They are also pretty easy to identify IRL, yourself included.  You just opened a Pandora's box, DiabloD3, which I fear you cannot close.
greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:06:30 PM

I wonder where the foul mouthed BFL spokesdude has gone too. The silence is deafening. Hello? If you miss your daily quota of personal attacks and trolling accusations, this is going to reflect badly in your performance review under the "productivity" section. Please think of the children and save Christmas.
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:11:15 PM

Chinese New Year is not going to be a problem for a variety of reasons, so don't worry about that.

Translation: Chinese New Year won't introduce any unforseen delays, because we don't intend to release anything ever. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

There's an obvious and simple possible explanation why the Chinese New Year is not going to be a problem - their fab is not in China. Could be in USA or Europe.
wdBTCtrader

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:12:26 PM

You realize you just set a new standard here, right?  There are tons of people here, including mods and devs, who are broadly disliked and many folks feel have wronged them in some way.  They are also pretty easy to identify IRL, yourself included.  You just opened a Pandora's box, DiabloD3, which I fear you cannot close.

Agreed!!
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:21:30 PM

At what point does someone that's taken hundreds of thousands of dollars in pre-order funds and then starts acting flakey lose their right to anonymity?

wdBTCtrader

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:24:48 PM

Peace.

~Bruno K~

Very mature of you to clarify.  

It would be a very detrimental to the community if we started dox'ing those that have upset us. Dox'ing is very serious and has very serious consequences.   It goes against what many in this community believe and against why they believe in bitcoins, anonymity.  If you start the trend of dox'ing you will in essence begin the downfall of this forum and maybe even Bitcoins themselves.  

edit - I would also like to state what Phinnaeus Gage did was not really dox'ing.  He just distributed what was already publicly available.  dox'ing involves gathering private information and making it public.  This can destroy lives. 
greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:35:05 PM

It would be a very detrimental to the community if we started dox'ing those that have upset us. Dox'ing is very serious and has very serious consequences.   It goes against what many in this community believe and against why they believe in bitcoins, anonymity.  If you start the trend of dox'ing you will in essence begin the downfall of this forum and maybe even Bitcoins themselves. 

You started posting in earnest on December the 2nd. What do you know about "this community" and what it supposedly believes in?

What do you know about the quite extensive history of doxing on these forums and how the results were used time and again to implicate and warn against scammers way, way before their scam ever paid out? (didn't stop people investing in them, but that's another story)

wdBTCtrader

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:45:41 PM

It would be a very detrimental to the community if we started dox'ing those that have upset us. Dox'ing is very serious and has very serious consequences.   It goes against what many in this community believe and against why they believe in bitcoins, anonymity.  If you start the trend of dox'ing you will in essence begin the downfall of this forum and maybe even Bitcoins themselves. 

You started posting in earnest on December the 2nd. What do you know about "this community" and what it supposedly believes in?

What do you know about the quite extensive history of doxing on these forums and how the results were used time and again to implicate and warn against scammers way, way before their scam ever paid out? (didn't stop people investing in them, but that's another story)

I agree, not much, but if doxing does occur because of the the slightest insult then I've joined the wrong cause. 
greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:57:19 PM

I agree, not much, but if doxing does occur because of the the slightest insult then I've joined the wrong cause. 

It does occur. The quite varied history of scams running on these forums has pretty much necessitated it.

Here's a very concise history of the last two years:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83794.0

Or with some more details added:
http://polimedia.us/trilema/2012/the-bitcoin-drama-timeline/

Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 03:00:14 PM

At what point does someone that's taken hundreds of thousands of dollars in pre-order funds and then starts acting flakey lose their right to anonymity?

There's no right to anonymity. If someone wants to remain anonymous, they need to conduct their online persona as such. This means using TOR or at least a VPN, but additionally not leaking personal information about themselves.

There was a case on Reddit where some guy was operating a bunch of scummy message boards (called subreddits), and a reporter doxxed him. He ended up losing his job and other things. While it sucks for him, he both revealed enough about himself that he could be found, and made himself a target by his actions. This is a recipe to have your identity revealed.
greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 03:03:43 PM

There was a case on Reddit where some guy was operating a bunch of scummy message boards (called subreddits), and a reporter doxxed him. He ended up losing his job and other things. While it sucks for him, he both revealed enough about himself that he could be found, and made himself a target by his actions. This is a recipe to have your identity revealed.

That was the guy running the child porn subreddits, wasn't it? The "Well, if they didn't want their pictures to end up on the net, they should let themselves get photographed in the first place." one.
wdBTCtrader

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 03:16:42 PM

While  I agree that anonymity isn't a guaranteed right, and those that are proven to be scammers or child pornographers should be dox'd.  My only concern is starting a trend of "jumping the gun".  While BFL has missed there projected dates, which could be for many reasons. I personally think it has just been a poorly managed project. This does not prove malicious intent.  

Fucking up is not cause for attacking people personally. If it were, then how many of us deserve the same fate?  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: