Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281169 times)
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:27:13 PM

I have not encountered any problems with bitcoin as of now so probably I'll go with bitcoin you can claim yout funds instantly unlike in paypal was my bad experience wait for long time

Well the most problem that everyone is only experiencing is the delay of confirmation and for me, it's just a normal thing.

Since my client that has been paying me with PayPal for almost 5 years stops using PayPal anymore, I can say that bitcoin is better.

When it comes to the fees and liquidity of transaction, we are all safe from it. And it's not reversible where you need to be responsible before transacting.
Confirmation times would really be a big problem in upcoming future when all or most people would do use bitcoin on transactions because it would really congest the network which would cause on more delays on confirmations which isnt good at all but inspite of delay we can still assure that payments would really go to our account.

I can see that mostly everyone are going to complain about it and if there are people that will be needing their coins instantly, they will be frustrated.

But I guess it's better to wait for the delay of confirmation rather than to wait for days with the confirmation of PayPal upon bank transferring.

Also PayPal's charge is quite high comparing with the fee of bitcoin transactions.
That is totally correct. I got so frustrated with Paypal I dont want to use it anymore. If only there will be more options to get the money in my line of work.
They dont accept bitcoin payment yet and even skrill or neteller. I think this should be the change that must be done. Widen the options and not just Paypal which is so selfish and just want transaction to be theirs.

Not only you but 90% of the paypal users are very frustrated and they were just waiting for the alternative option to use it but who ever have got bitcoin are happy today and within some time surely most of them will get another cryptocurrency as payment option instead of paypal as ETH and other coins are doing so good that most of them big companies are creating new option of payment using this new altcoin platform.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:32:23 PM

100% bitcoin is much better than paypal,

In paypal you have to disclose all you identitys and you have to give your identity proofs , in paypal transaction reverse is very famous to scam. and i personally saw paypal and the procedure of it is very bad. and their charges also heavy.

In bitcoin you dont have to disclose your identitys , you can just create a hardware or online web wallet and give your wallet address where ever you want to receive or pay the bitcoins. the transaction charges are also less. and more it is irreversible, and about converting to fiat currency their are so many exchanges where you can convert it one is like localbitcoins.com which is having so many user who are ready to buy or sell and do transaction through bank transfer.

But you have more protection using Paypal. You can reverse a payment if you are scammed by somebody else.
Paypal is good because more people know what it is and use it. The problem is with the scams that occur like those posted above. Bitcoin, if you can find someone who will accept it, is way better. Scams are harder especially with escrow and transactions are quicker. I would not use paypal unless the person I was dealing with didn’t have bitcoin...its just not worth it. Be careful if you use paypal basically in summary is my advice.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:22:30 PM

I have not encountered any problems with bitcoin as of now so probably I'll go with bitcoin you can claim yout funds instantly unlike in paypal was my bad experience wait for long time
Hello I encountered problems in bitcoin sometimes when I recieved the transaction sometimes I wait 1 day before to confirmed. But I like bitcoin because of the fees is low . Bitcoin is easy to use than paypal. Paypal I encountered also many problems by using it. So I go for bitcoin not for paypal.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:18:38 PM

Hello I encountered problems in bitcoin sometimes when I recieved the transaction sometimes I wait 1 day before to confirmed. But I like bitcoin because of the fees is low . Bitcoin is easy to use than paypal. Paypal I encountered also many problems by using it. So I go for bitcoin not for paypal.

Maybe you are encountering these problems because you are paying too low fees.  Cheesy

I believe if you don't need the transaction done so fast there is no problem to wait 1 day to finish it. The problem is when it takes one week to finish or when the transaction is cancelled. A bit sad also when you need to set high fees... But it's still better than Paypal, it's necessary just some little improvements at this time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:20:44 PM

If you want to avoid facing those problems again, make sure that you pay average to high amount of fees because now if you pay a lower fees than before then you should be facing that problem again which is you need to wait at least a day or even 2 days before you fully received the money that is been sent to you.
sampp43

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:59:39 PM

It depends.
Obviously paypal is currently much more practical, it's easy to use and almost every online shop accepts paypal.
Bitcoin is getting more and more popular slowly but still lacks in accessibility.
But on the other hand, bitcoin is much more secure, the fees are lower and it's anonymous (to a certain point), whereas paypal has some crazy security measurements sometimes.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:52:10 PM

It depends.
Obviously paypal is currently much more practical, it's easy to use and almost every online shop accepts paypal.
Bitcoin is getting more and more popular slowly but still lacks in accessibility.
But on the other hand, bitcoin is much more secure, the fees are lower and it's anonymous (to a certain point), whereas paypal has some crazy security measurements sometimes.

If you are practical online shopper and transactor you will consider bitcoin as better way of payment method. But with the situation, PayPal is more popular than bitcoin because it is still on the progress of being endorsed and adopt by many people. Surely one day, we'll all say that bitcoin is better than PayPal with everything.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:38:55 PM

If You want to make sure that you are using the right things for the right moment you need to make sure that paypal is only used for online payments and btcoins only used for investments.
You maybe right sir, and in addition for what you had just said bitcoin not just being used as an investment but also can use as an online payment also. Maybe you know that bitcoin was accepted now at the amazon.com as payment to their site which means in some online shopping bitcoin is accepted. Moreover, Bitcoin can be trade in the exchange while Paypal is not a digital currency were there is a volatility happen in the market. Therefore, Bitcoin is really better and surpassed Paypal in terms and in form of investment and assets.
Davkul

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

I don’t care

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:57:49 PM

Bitcoin is definitely better than Paypal. You can't get fucked in the ass with Bitcoin, but you most likely will experience that feeling with Paypal, at least once or even twice in your life.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:09:43 PM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

Actually, bitcoin is really better than Paypal. Because bitcoin is can use in any trading exchanges platform, bitcoin has value increase and decrease, and bitcoin is kind of currency which is digital or virtual payment while Paypal is not like what bitcoin has. Therefore, its good to use it than paypal.
i agree with you that a lot of people consider that bitcoin is better than paypal and i also like bitcoin because bitcoin can be use for online shopping and bitcoin is also can be use for trading and other online transaction.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:56:02 PM

Well the most problem that everyone is only experiencing is the delay of confirmation and for me, it's just a normal thing.

Since my client that has been paying me with PayPal for almost 5 years stops using PayPal anymore, I can say that bitcoin is better.

When it comes to the fees and liquidity of transaction, we are all safe from it. And it's not reversible where you need to be responsible before transacting.
Confirmation times would really be a big problem in upcoming future when all or most people would do use bitcoin on transactions because it would really congest the network which would cause on more delays on confirmations which isnt good at all but inspite of delay we can still assure that payments would really go to our account.

I can see that mostly everyone are going to complain about it and if there are people that will be needing their coins instantly, they will be frustrated.

But I guess it's better to wait for the delay of confirmation rather than to wait for days with the confirmation of PayPal upon bank transferring.

Also PayPal's charge is quite high comparing with the fee of bitcoin transactions.
That is totally correct. I got so frustrated with Paypal I dont want to use it anymore. If only there will be more options to get the money in my line of work.
They dont accept bitcoin payment yet and even skrill or neteller. I think this should be the change that must be done. Widen the options and not just Paypal which is so selfish and just want transaction to be theirs.

On what part did PayPal frustrated you? They did frustrate me but I'm amaze on how did they solved my problem with my withdrawal / bank transfer.

I read some rumors that PayPal will accept bitcoin or they are planning to do so, I don't know if that is for real.

But I hope that one day they will try to adopt it or else when bitcoin is very popular, they will lose a lot of customers.

And right now, still I'm good for using them both.

Signature for rent
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:37:24 PM

Bitcoin is definitely better than Paypal. You can't get fucked in the ass with Bitcoin, but you most likely will experience that feeling with Paypal, at least once or even twice in your life.
you are right a large number of people have faced a number of issues with the use of paypal and they felt like slaves of them in their own money but now with bitcoin they feel freedom.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:05:06 AM

you are right a large number of people have faced a number of issues with the use of paypal and they felt like slaves of them in their own money but now with bitcoin they feel freedom.

As long as you don't try to do something which is against to their terms then I don't think Paypal is an issue for anyone. But it has given so much secured environment for buyers to buy online from an unknown person without much worry. I'm using them for more than 10 years but never had any issues with them but I do agree that for sellers they charge higher side fee but for buyers it is very good.
rikky05

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:20:41 AM

Your bitcoin wallet can't freeze your funds because someone is investigating "something" they never say what really is, related to you like Paypal does.

Because no one controls your Bitcoin wallet besides you.  Wink
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:07:47 PM

yes that is right. paypal service is not too much good  and that is the reason that people have now change their mindset and they select bitcoin as their payment method and for exchange purpose also.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:11:38 PM

Your bitcoin wallet can't freeze your funds because someone is investigating "something" they never say what really is, related to you like Paypal does.

Because no one controls your Bitcoin wallet besides you.  Wink
But if you lost your password then you cannot recovered in bitcoin but you can recovered in Paypal because they have backup  Cheesy
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:19:18 PM

As long as you don't try to do something which is against to their terms then I don't think Paypal is an issue for anyone. But it has given so much secured environment for buyers to buy online from an unknown person without much worry. I'm using them for more than 10 years but never had any issues with them but I do agree that for sellers they charge higher side fee but for buyers it is very good.
For some people it is a better service and for some people it is a bad service for those who are claiming it as a good service is because they do not have faced any lost of their funds because of paypal and those who lost their funds in paypal because of getting frozen their accounts are claiming it as bad. That was all about paypal while there is no one who is against bitcoin only those who do not have adopted it yet.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:20:36 PM

i think it is the main reason because a maximum people are going to adopt bitcoin and paypal is going to down and everyone strongly trust in bitcoin price that price will be more going to high value.  
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:35:14 AM

i think every one has their own choice but i will also chose bitcoin as bitcoin can has so many advantages, bitcoin is providing a good opportunity to trade and get good profit. there are so many other advantages of bitcoin which we cannot ignore.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:47:17 AM

i think every one has their own choice but i will also chose bitcoin as bitcoin can has so many advantages, bitcoin is providing a good opportunity to trade and get good profit. there are so many other advantages of bitcoin which we cannot ignore.
Have you even been considering that if you are willing to accept Bitcoin than Paypal you are also accepting its volatility. Yes I know transaction fees are way less in Bitcoin but in accepting it there is also a chance of you having lesser than what you expect. What I mean about that is when you accept 1 Bitcoin as payment which you expect to be converted into 1200$ but actually that day Bitcoin's exchange rate is 1100$ in the end you might be having a lost in your business.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: