Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80675 times)
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:28:58 PM

Was that just an ironical comment?

Nope, 100% real.
Real master-P or the new buyer ?

yo
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:30:27 PM

Master-p is not a new to everyone especially to those who used multiple times his service but is happening now? Seems Escrow Is Dead
Things seem to go quite smoothly until today(last three days). All the BTCs still seem to be in the respective escrow addresses, so I'm still hoping the new owner of the account may be a bit sensible. I'm going to wait until monday(according to the PM thats when he should be "back"). I just wonder how yahoo is going to deal with it.
Real one I'd say.
Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1155
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:30:46 PM

Getting back to this subject, I also think that master-p has been very irresponsible selling his account.

It is also a very big chance that his account was never sold (the "buyer" is Master-p by himself)... To avoid such scam, I think every escrow provider must receive enough money for their job or we all should start to use multisig escrow.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:32:57 PM

Nope, 100% real.

This was right after he started his account in 2014. He used a purchase from me to build his trust. The likelihood of it being his real dox is very high. IMO if he has no regard for the community then I don't see why I should have any regard for his privacy.
Heutenamos

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:38:36 PM

Nope, 100% real.

This was right after he started his account in 2014. He used a purchase from me to build his trust. The likelihood of it being his real dox is very high. IMO if he has no regard for the community then I don't see why I should have any regard for his privacy.
You are speaking about 2014 and this is 2016 ? he might have been moved twice in the mean time.

Secondly if the New Owner refunds the coins then i can accept his account sale if he seriously needed that money.But yes this is something that i will keep in mind. Hard times are very unpleasant.

yo
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:40:05 PM

Bought some keys from him on the 2015-10-01 , when i contacted him here he asked me to contact him on Steam, so we dealt there.

So i'm guessing both of them are in cahoots (real master-p and 'not' real master-p)
jonesz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:46:57 PM

-snip-

Can you tell use more about the deal? When exactly the account was transfered, how much coins you received, a TX ID, etc.?

https://blockchain.info/tx/61c3471d66a8b5f1cc61ede17545c14951ce96e5731f5c17846be175c11879aa

Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:48:15 PM

-snip-
I feel awful for everyone involved. This is so bad for bitcoin itself in addition to everyone who lost it. I still will not believe it until it's "OFFICIALLY" announced by Trust/Mods, but it's sad whatever the outcome winds up being.
Care to tell me how it's bad for Bitcoin that someone scammed once again? I'm sure that it happens every single day. Master-P wasn't some god like figure and I doubt that anyone outside the forum even knows who he is/was.

It's bad because it feeds into, no regulation, no protection, is it worth the time etc... If I lost 3,4,5 BTC in ONE Day because of something like this? I'd be done with BTC totally. So in my opinion that's why it's bad for bitcoin. If you don't have legitimate users for the coin, it's not going to be worth having. I seen master-p's name posted by different users in this forum daily, if you can't trust a user with his reputation to escrow? I mean seriously, people would be gunshy right now to escrow with "theymos" or "Satoshi Nakamoto" themselves... j/k of course, but you get what I mean. I just see the marketplace going nuts now, "no you send first", "I'm not sending first you crazy", "Well I'm damn sure not using escrow".  So for me, if you can't trust spending BTC on anything or anywhere? what good is acquiring BTC? Which again is a whole other mine field in itself these days if your not hooked up with a bank account to an exchange. This is just my opinion of course, I have only been scammed on a couple small transactions, so no big deal to me, but to possibly lose what's at risk of being lost today? No way is it worth it in my opinion, and it's just that... my opinion nothing more. I just think bitcoin at some-point is going to be only sought after by online scammers, criminals and con-men if normal consumers loose their faith in it. Which is the basis for any currency FAITH, once that's lost it's over, and I definitely lost little faith today and I didn't even have any BTC at risk. Scammers will be happier today also because now they'll be able to talk people into sending bitcoin first because? "look what happened with master-p".

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:52:00 PM

Nope, 100% real.

You are speaking about 2014 and this is 2016 ? he might have been moved twice in the mean time.

Secondly if the New Owner refunds the coins then i can accept his account sale if he seriously needed that money.But yes this is something that i will keep in mind. Hard times are very unpleasant.

Yes, of course anything is possible, but still this is a hard link to him. It includes a last name and first initial as well as his full mailing address, steam ID, and e-mail. I can probably get a lot more with a little research (which I haven't bothered to do yet).

Bought some keys from him on the 2015-10-01 , when i contacted him here he asked me to contact him on Steam, so we dealt there.

So i'm guessing both of them are in cahoots (real master-p and 'not' real master-p)

I second this observation, as I talked to Master-P via steam and asked him to send a PM for me to another user around September 4th because Badbear had banned me for bringing too much heat on his butt-buddy Quickseller by pointing out how he was removing comments Quickseller reported as "off topic" (read critical of him). There is a good chance he maintained control of this account even after he claims he sold it.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:54:37 PM

This was 7-8 days back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1296583.msg13309947#msg13309947, he apparently had some problems with his blockchain of some sort but then he came back and re-paid the guy and I believe the escrow was for 1 BTC and he made a signature payment after that too, now if he was planning to run away, why would he pay those?? I am going to hope that he'll come back and pay everyone.

BTW, how much BTC does he has in escrow right now in total?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:55:43 PM

Hold it now. You mean you sold all of your reputation for 1BTC? You could easily have asked for a loan and then repaid later  Undecided

Over 8 BTC for sure
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 12:56:46 PM

What happened with me is in a this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306734
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:57:02 PM

Sad times when you sell a default trusted account for peanuts. A few hundred dollars! It was always going to end up with the community being f'ed over for that small price.
You handed him the keys to escrow 5-10-15+ btc. That is a terrible thing to do to the community. There must be some good in you to not have scammed the escrowed funds which is not that much good because you let someone else do it instead.
Now he walks away with 10+btc and you get doxxed.
Possible fake sale.

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:58:48 PM

LMAO 1btc for the account ... seems legit  Roll Eyes
Vasu

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:00:01 PM

This was 7-8 days back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1296583.msg13309947#msg13309947, he apparently had some problems with his blockchain of some sort but then he came back and re-paid the guy and I believe the escrow was for 1 BTC and he made a signature payment after that too, now if he was planning to run away, why would he pay those?? I am going to hope that he'll come back and pay everyone.

So he was paying before some days ?
May be this man had some real problems with his wallet and now the problem is so big that he cannot access his wallet and the man donot have extra funds in his own pocket to refund or repay.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 01:02:27 PM

So he was paying before some days .
May be this man had some real problems with his wallet and now the problem is so big that he cannot access his wallet and the man donot have extra funds in his own pocket to refund or repay.

I just hope so. Still can't believe how a such trustworthy man do this. Also, how much time does to it take sync the wallet and send the payments back. Its been 8 fucking days, and he isn't even responding now. He hasn't online for the last 10 hours (at the point of writing this message). Fuck this shit, I'm really annoyed. I got my 3 BTC stuck with him.
jonesz

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:03:24 PM

there is a separate tx, i sold the account for about 2 btc which was a great deal for me at the time. I don't believe in borrowing, especially not from this community. I never ventured into those lending sections.

I knew the risks when I sold the account but at the time my life was at a more dire situation so I didn't take much time to think. He was also very convincing in telling me he wanted to continue the escrow service using my identity and reputation, and that he had no intentions of scamming. Without knowing his actual/original account on bitcointalk, I knew I couldn't trust his word here for sure but I guess I took the risk anyway. When I sold the account I was only holding about 5-6 BTC in total in escrow.

Sorry guys, I wish I could do more but I don't even come on here anymore nowadays. Some people here still have me on steam. I did some deals where the new owner of the account forwarded to me simply to keep the persona without it having it figured out by the community that the account was sold.

A big part of the deal was that I did my best to keep the sale private, much like any of my other account escrows I've performed for the community in the past. I thought that was fair so kept my mouth shut and played along.

Sure, I suppose people here can blame me, believe me or not believe me, at this point I can't do much. I knew showing up here would probably only make things worse for myself but I can't really care too much right now. Think and believe what you will. My apologies again everyone, I won't be back.

Best case scenario the guy comes back and returns all the BTC, right? Based on what I've gathered reading this thread the coins don't seem to have been spent, yet.
Heutenamos

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:04:07 PM

3 BTC from great + 4.3 from Tabata11 + 3 BTC from gilbhy + 2.2 BTC from ore-mine + ? ?

yo
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:05:56 PM

there is a separate tx, i sold the account for about 2 btc which was a great deal for me at the time. I don't believe in borrowing, especially not from this community. I never ventured into those lending sections.

I knew the risks when I sold the account but at the time my life was at a more dire situation so I didn't take much time to think. He was also very convincing in telling me he wanted to continue the escrow service using my identity and reputation, and that he had no intentions of scamming. Without knowing his actual/original account on bitcointalk, I knew I couldn't trust his word here for sure but I guess I took the risk anyway. When I sold the account I was only holding about 5-6 BTC in total in escrow.

Sorry guys, I wish I could do more but I don't even come on here anymore nowadays. Some people here still have me on steam. I did some deals where the new owner of the account forwarded to me simply to keep the persona without it having it figured out by the community that the account was sold.

A big part of the deal was that I did my best to keep the sale private, much like any of my other account escrows I've performed for the community in the past. I thought that was fair so kept my mouth shut and played along.

Sure, I suppose people here can blame me, believe me or not believe me, at this point I can't do much. I knew showing up here would probably only make things worse for myself but I can't really care too much right now. Think and believe what you will. My apologies again everyone, I won't be back.

Best case scenario the guy comes back and returns all the BTC, right? Based on what I've gathered reading this thread the coins don't seem to have been spent, yet.

i met with u last year and u seemed like a great guy, what the fk happened man??

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
paka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:07:00 PM

3 BTC from great + 4.3 from Tabata11 + 3 BTC from gilbhy + 2.2 BTC from ore-mine + HuhHuh

+.8btc from doublebot sig campaign.. FUCK YOU MASTER-P, i hope you lose all your money together with the people involve. I hope you'll live in a shitty place
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: