Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80673 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:41:57 AM

It's not a good idea... bitcoin is decentralized so you can't ask pools or some exchanges to not confirm or accept a TX.

It's surreal !

True. But sometimes, you need to bend the rules to get some shit done. I just wanted to know if this can be done.

So please contact all big pools now! Time is passing by.

Contact F2pool and Antpool first because they find more blocks quickly because their hashrate is high.

You can't ask, they will 'lose' the fees of those transaction Cheesy.

This is why bitcoin is so awesome, it's decentralized. ... the big pools didn't block any tx of the bitstamp's hack or the bter's hack.

So stop to spread BULLSHIT @kingaltcoins, I've reported you to the staff (you are also enrolled in a signature campaign .. bla spammer).

This proves you are against  grtthegreat too! Huh I am helping him to get something done before it is too late bro.

Please stop spreading FUDs.

You are a spammer, enrolled in the yobit signature campaign  Grin.

I'll report all your posts.
hexitor

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:42:07 AM

Not sure how far this is feasible. But I got an idea.

How about us all contacting all the mining pools and ask them not to confirm the transactions that spend coins from the escrow addresses unless the coins are sent to the real owners.

For example, we ask them to confirm the transaction which spends the coins from 18PJHZTTPvcWrpBMnFStgyuphpvuwTgT3k to 1QF1Eo1mXv7M93FuntAHuiSGx2wkpxqJem. This is so because that address was given to me via master-P to me for escrow for a trade. Only such transaction will be confirmed.

This will at least temporarily force him to refund the money.

I need some opinions from people before this happens.

Imo thats impractical. Youre forgetting about the solo miners here  Undecided

They are like 0.1-1%, if that happens, then its inevitable. But most big pools can do this.

Still, not every pool will care about this. Many will be slow to respond, and the scammer may send his coins any time before they announce the changes.

grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:46:41 AM

UPDATE:

I have contacted user macbook-air (the owner/admin of F2Pool) and here's what I sent him:

Hello Sir, actually I wanted to let you know that there has been a big scam recently in this forum. A trusted escrow agent master-P scammed nearly 10 users with around 12-15 BTC that people escrowed with him. So, at the point of writing this thing, the coins haven't been spent from any of the addresses yet. I am also one of the victim of this scam. I have around 3 BTC stuck in this. Many people are part of this and have lost significant amount of Bitcoins.

We need a small help from you. I have come up with this idea to contact the mining pools and ask them to not confirm the transactions that spend these coins. I would.like to quote here what I proposed as a temporary fix.

How about us all contacting all the mining pools and ask them not to confirm the transactions that spend coins from the escrow addresses unless the coins are sent to the real owners.

For example, we ask them to confirm the transaction which spends the coins from 18PJHZTTPvcWrpBMnFStgyuphpvuwTgT3k to 1QF1Eo1mXv7M93FuntAHuiSGx2wkpxqJem. This is so because that address was given to me via master-P to me for escrow for a trade. Only such transaction will be confirmed.

So, can you do this for us. The thread accusing master-P is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306734

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307187
papadrams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:53:09 AM

UPDATE:

I have contacted user macbook-air (the owner/admin of F2Pool) and here's what I sent him:

Hello Sir, actually I wanted to let you know that there has been a big scam recently in this forum. A trusted escrow agent master-P scammed nearly 10 users with around 12-15 BTC that people escrowed with him. So, at the point of writing this thing, the coins haven't been spent from any of the addresses yet. I am also one of the victim of this scam. I have around 3 BTC stuck in this. Many people are part of this and have lost significant amount of Bitcoins.

We need a small help from you. I have come up with this idea to contact the mining pools and ask them to not confirm the transactions that spend these coins. I would.like to quote here what I proposed as a temporary fix.

So, can you do this for us. The thread accusing master-P is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306734

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307187

I doubt if that can be possible. There is a large number of mining pools. Even if 99% of pools help us, master-p will still be aple to use the other 1%..
At least someone is trying to do something.. 20 pages and grtthegreat is the only one proposing something..
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:06:37 AM

Sorry guys :

Hah! Look at you. Trying to get hold of an account but immediately told sorry after you got to know that everyone is knowing about your shady escrow service! Grin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=911232.msg10010385#msg10010385

So I clicked ignore on your profile. Smiley

Yeah : but I didn't scam anyone, it was a mistake made by me and after with the help of the staff the account was recovered.

After a couple of days moreia revealed (himself) a scammer.

Good luck with your temp-ban Wink.

same mistake is done by master-p himself and he couldn't get out of the thin air like you boy. Wink Cheesy Grin Bye. I'm not replying any more PMs  of you.

Nah, he sold his forum account and his digital identity  Grin.... I didn't sold my account.

I've resolved everything and nobody lost bitcoin, so stop to spread bullshit.

Have a great day.

PS: of course I will not ignore you... sincerely I've never ignored someone here in the forum.

Can someone quote this , so the spammer 'kingaltcoins' can read it.

Thanks.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:10:09 AM

Unfortunately this will continue to happen whilst account sales are are still accepted.

I understand that stopping the sales would probably be just too hard to stop so better just to let them continue and caution everyone not to trust anyone.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:11:45 AM

Unfortunately this will continue to happen whilst account sales are are still accepted.

I understand that stopping the sales would probably be just too hard to stop so better just to let them continue and caution everyone not to trust anyone.

you can't stop account sales. if they're banned here, you just go to forum xyz to buy one. this was discussed in epic length several times already.

also, can you guys stop derailing this thread with retarded bitcoin censorship ideas?

where on earth is Gleb when you need him?

jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:12:02 AM

The real master-P would re-pay his customers out of his own pocket, would he've been hacked. As far as that does not happened, this is a scam.

I'm so damn sorry to see this, not only as customers of mine got scammed, but for the whole bitcoin community.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:18:23 AM

Sorry guys :

Hah! Look at you. Trying to get hold of an account but immediately told sorry after you got to know that everyone is knowing about your shady escrow service! Grin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=911232.msg10010385#msg10010385

So I clicked ignore on your profile. Smiley

Yeah : but I didn't scam anyone, it was a mistake made by me and after with the help of the staff the account was recovered.

After a couple of days moreia revealed (himself) a scammer.

Good luck with your temp-ban Wink.

same mistake is done by master-p himself and he couldn't get out of the thin air like you boy. Wink Cheesy Grin Bye. I'm not replying any more PMs  of you.

Nah, he sold his forum account and his digital identity  Grin.... I didn't sold my account.

I've resolved everything and nobody lost bitcoin, so stop to spread bullshit.

Have a great day.

PS: of course I will not ignore you... sincerely I've never ignored someone here in the forum.

Can someone quote this , so the spammer 'kingaltcoins' can read it.

Thanks.

Can you stop to arguing, this is not the right thread.
grtthegreat
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 12:43:01 PM

The only thing which still gives hope is the fact that the all the coins are still intact in their respective addresses.
REAL-master-p

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:14:12 PM

At this point I don't think it matters who believes me or not.

If I can't restore access to my wallets to return everyone's funds, or the hacker succeeds in transferring the coins out of the escrow wallets then I will compensate everyone out of my own pocket at the best of my abilities.

My reputation has been tarnished. Scammer or not, my poor security practices to allow such an event to take place has forever ruined my reputation in this community. Therefore after I have (hopefully) resolved and repaid everyone, I will be leaving this community permanently. Regardless if I get "dox'd" or not. I am not a scammer, this whole thing is just a huge misfortune for everyone including myself.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:15:20 PM

The only thing which still gives hope is the fact that the all the coins are still intact in their respective addresses.

Does it makes any different at all? He control all the address so he can withdraw them anytime sooner, he probably just letting all this cool down before he decided to transfer the coins out. The only things that gives hope will be the dox threat from tecshare, if he is wise then he will reconsider scamming

If I can't restore access to my wallets to return everyone's funds, or the hacker succeeds in transferring the coins out of the escrow wallets then I will compensate everyone out of my own pocket at the best of my abilities.

would be nice to know when are you going to do so
grtthegreat
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 01:19:00 PM

My reputation has been tarnished. Scammer or not, my poor security practices to allow such an event to take place has forever ruined my reputation in this community. Therefore after I have (hopefully) resolved and repaid everyone, I will be leaving this community permanently. Regardless if I get "dox'd" or not. I am not a scammer, this whole thing is just a huge misfortune for everyone including myself.

Quoting.

Anyways, can you prove that you are the true master-P. This seems really fishy hearing this even though it's worth appreciation.
KingZee

Activity: 924
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:19:53 PM

Chances you're legit are about equal to Real-Master-P's trust score / master-p's trust score.

Beep boop beep boop
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:20:22 PM

I am starting to believe you are doing this because people/community have lost hope from escrows and DT's after this event. It will be interesting to know if you are level 1 or 2 or a staff member.

yo
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:20:48 PM

Quoting.

Anyways, can you prove that you are the true master-P. This seems really fishy hearing this even though it's worth appreciation.

Now he can't prove that he is the creator of the account , the real owner... because he sold the private keys (basically his digital identity).
REAL-master-p

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:24:36 PM

Quoting.

If there is an address I can find that I used here prior to these events, or in even any transaction then I will sign it.

I will be home in less than 2 days to try what I can. If I fail to recover the wallets/funds then I will work on paying everyone back out of my own money. I won't be able to pay everyone back right away but will work towards it at the best of my ability. After all is done I will disappear from this community. Assume that the master-P account will never be in my control again if it ever resurfaces for any reason. I'm not going to bother chasing it down at this point, no reason to recover it when the hacker can basically assume my entire identity with the information they've stolen.
Vasu

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:25:15 PM

Quoting.

Now he can't prove that he is the creator of the account , the real owner... because he sold the private keys (basically his digital identity).
He can prove the identity man by signing message from his bitcoin address posted long before he sold the account.
KingZee

Activity: 924
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:27:51 PM

If there is an address I can find that I used here prior to these events, or in even any transaction then I will sign it.

I will be home in less than 2 days to try what I can. If I fail to recover the wallets/funds then I will work on paying everyone back out of my own money. I won't be able to pay everyone back right away but will work towards it at the best of my ability. After all is done I will disappear from this community. Assume that the master-P account will never be in my control again if it ever resurfaces for any reason. I'm not going to bother chasing it down at this point, no reason to recover it when the hacker can basically assume my entire identity with the information they've stolen.

Well, for the sake of all the users that got scammed, I hope you're honest.

Beep boop beep boop
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:11:38 PM

He can prove the identity man by signing message from his bitcoin address posted long before he sold the account.

This will not prove that he is the real owner as well because AFAIK he mentioned that some nasty 'virus' or whatever it is stole his accounts while some other version claimed that he sold the account. Not sure which one is correct but it doesnt matter as long as he refund all the stolen amount
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: