Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80672 times)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:43:46 PM

Well, I don't exactly care about my dox. Post it all you want, it won't help the situation. I am not exactly threatened by that as many people in this community whom I've traded with already knows my name. But if you guys think threatening me by doxxing me is going to help, regardless of if you believe my story or not, then you're going about this all wrong.

Maybe you could prove that you are the real master-p by posting something in your dox, like your street address number or something small so those with your dox could confirm that it is the correct information..

Or maybe PM the dude with your dox and tell him so he can confirm it is correct..

It may not remove all doubt but may help.. IDK, just a suggestion..

I don't mind showing proof to TECSHARE to verify my dox. I can prove that it is the real me with a photo ID. But like everyone here likes to say, it's easy to buy a fake ID Right? So I don't know how credible this may seem to the community. With that said, I don't mind doing it as a way to further verify myself since there is no way the hacker would have access to my photo identification documents.

I would accept a video of you holding your ID with your full name, address, and photo, so that I can read it and making a quick comment about the situation as another form of authentication. Any still picture could have easily been raided from your PC. You could upload it to a private server and then PM me a link using www.privnote.com which will erase the text as soon as I read it. Once I have confirmed I have viewed it I will let you know so you can erase the original file. I will keep all of this information confidential of course. I would consider this sufficient evidence to delay your doxing and give you an appropriate amount of time to sort this out and refund the victims.
big claim from the third / fourth account, lost track. time for me to grab some of that quickseller brand popcorn i guess.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:53:12 PM

Wtf does Quickseller have to do with this other than his vast experience running a fake escrow service and troll baiting?

Hopefully this is the real Master-P and we will have some evidence from him shortly.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6571

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 11:56:31 PM

I did some poking with the PGP keys and found that the email* associated with the new pgp key on his keybase is associated with his master-p account here. The reddit account is zinoxenxe (https://www.reddit.com/user/zinoxenxe) and it was previously linked to master-P on bitrated: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GCCGYGq4SIAJ:https://www.bitrated.com/masterp/linked+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us. However now that bitrated page is blank: https://www.bitrated.com/masterp/linked. Very curious.

*Note: emails on PGP keys can be faked so it could be possible that a hacker is framing him but I doubt that since I couldn't actually find that email publicly.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:58:26 PM

'I repeat, will the real Master-P please stand up.'
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:03:12 AM

Wtf does Quickseller have to do with this other than his vast experience running a fake escrow service and troll baiting?

Hopefully this is the real Master-P and we will have some evidence from him shortly.
it was just a joke.

Either way, I think I should invest in a popcorn company.

with all these master-p's showing up, its getting pretty confusing, so im metaphorically going to grab my popcorn and watch as it all unfolds.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:10:28 AM

it was just a joke.

Either way, I think I should invest in a popcorn company.

with all these master-p's showing up, its getting pretty confusing, so im metaphorically going to grab my popcorn and watch as it all unfolds.

I realize that. I just find it interesting how reputable members always seem to find a way to inject people like him into situations like this when he clearly he always brings more drama than he solves to these kind of scenarios. It also feeds his delusions of reputability and authority around here, which drives him to obsessively insert himself into situations even more. Master-P is providing enough drama on his own. Hopefully this is really him and payments to victims will be forthcoming.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:23:34 AM

Real-master-p you can verify it is you to me if you like. I have his info (first/last name and shipping info). I want to believe you so send me a message. I would assume I am trusted enough to verify with...
txbtc

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:30:57 AM

Seriously I think does it matter that if the guy scammed is real Master-P or a person whom he sold. Because as far as my knowledge is concerned, in both cases he is the person guilty !

Please tell us Master-P ( yes the new account that pop up here saying he is real master-p ) why you sold your account ? to let someone else scam us behind your name.

If you say that you thought the guy would not scam and rather earn by escrowing deals and exchanges , you sound quite stupid. Why ? See a person who wants to escrow means he is well old enough in the forum and must have a account , now if he is not using his own account and buying your account for escrow deals, does that make sense ?
madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:33:40 AM

^^^

Man, you signature spammers are giving me a headache. Nobody believes the account was sold.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:35:37 AM

Am I the only person on here that would report a theft of thousands of dollars to the police / appropriate authorities?
madjules007

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:45:35 AM

Am I the only person on here that would report a theft of thousands of dollars to the police / appropriate authorities?

Given that each count is at most a low degree grand larceny case, unlikely that anything will ever happen. You really think anyone would ever be extradited and brought to court for this? Doubtful. Local police departments wouldn't know where to begin and are unlikely to spend any resources pursuing it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:52:44 AM

^^^

Man, you signature spammers are giving me a headache. Nobody believes the account was sold.
But but! Betcoin!!! Coinbet!!! CoinLuLzG0ne! So many websites to advertise! So little time!
iram66680

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:58:31 AM

This is got to be the thing that breaks the internet as this chapter of the plot thickens:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307968

15 bitcoin bounty  Huh
This guy for real, I think not  Cheesy
This one is getting stranger and stranger every hour.

ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:00:05 AM

Given that each count is at most a low degree grand larceny case, unlikely that anything will ever happen. You really think anyone would ever be extradited and brought to court for this? Doubtful. Local police departments wouldn't know where to begin and are unlikely to spend any resources pursuing it.

I'm saying that IF the person behind the Master-p account was hacked in the way they describe THEY should report that to the police. According to the post quoted below the amount that was supposedly stolen from them is over $10.000.

Registered total scammed : 23.957BTC
madjules007

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:09:24 AM

I'm saying that IF the person behind the Master-p account was hacked in the way they describe THEY should report that to the police. According to the post quoted below the amount that was supposedly stolen from them is over $10.000.

Registered total scammed : 23.957BTC

It's an interesting idea. I was taking the approach that each victim's case alone would be little above a petty larceny case = no one cares to do anything, even if Master-P is an easy target.

I suppose from Master-P's perspective, there would be a much larger theft in a single case. The problem there is that it's likely impossible to trace a hack via keylogger. All it takes is one no-log VPN to foil it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:19:41 AM

I tend to believe the recent problems with "reindexing" the blockchain on his wallet might be in fact a loss of his wallet and he had no backup.
I had thought about this possibility, however I do not presently believe this to be the case. In this thread, he agreed to buy BTC with his PayPal at above market rates, and never delivered on the PayPal funds, nor did he deliver on the BTC refund when requested, and I would say this for the most part would discredit this theory.

Or ask some very good detective(QuickSeller???)
[/quote]Ha thanks Smiley

Can the moderators do something? Look at an IP log, confirm if he really sold the account. Did the account password recovery email changed lately? It would be so much easier if account trades are banned, to prevent such discussions.

I hope that he will return the funds to all people that have an unfinished deal with him. If he always could sign a message the good way, and now they are bad, then it is possible his account has been sold. But he also could have faked it, we only can know this if the MODS/ADMIN can help us to solve this.
Take a look at this post, I think it pretty much proves that master-p was not sold in August.

Actually, Master-P is most likely using an old version of Armory (0.93.2) which now produces nonstandard transactions with a High S value.
Master-p has actually pushed a number of his escrow transactions, including his signature campaign payments via blockchain.info, which leads me to believe that he might not be using armory.

Even if he is using a wallet that produces nonstandard transactions, I had sent him a PM the day this thread was opened offering my assistance in getting nonstandard transactions confirmed (which I have the ability to do provided I have the signed transaction, and do not need private keys to accomplish). I have not received any kind of response to this offer. (I also offered to help creating transactions that he could sign so he can pay his obligations).
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:39:25 AM

What the everliving fuck when will you people learn?  How long is the list of escrow services that vanished?

Multisig two party escrow WORKS and avoids this problem!!   

2crow.org   

*face palm*   

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:50:12 AM

What the everliving fuck when will you people learn?  How long is the list of escrow services that vanished?

2crow.org  

*face palm*  

Or, you know, actually know your trading partners well enough to know when something is not right...

Unbelievable how quickly people forget that Bitcoin was designed to enable PERSON TO PERSON transactions. Then everyone demands it be like every other system with mommy and daddy telling you things will be ok, dictating to everyone what they can and can't do. Then we are back where we started. Take some personal responsibility.

This incident with Master-P never would have happened if you had not demanded someone else take responsibility for your personal liabilities. When you do this you are basically saying that you have no faith in your own ability to make sound judgements and do research, and or you are too lazy. Then you wag your finger at everyone else when things don't work out. You people need to look in the mirror.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:54:09 AM

What the everliving fuck when will you people learn?  How long is the list of escrow services that vanished?

2crow.org  

*face palm*  

Or, you know, actually know your trading partners well enough to know when something is not right...

Unbelievable how quickly people forget that Bitcoin was designed to enable PERSON TO PERSON transactions. Then everyone demands it be like every other system with mommy and daddy telling you things will be ok, dictating to everyone what they can and can't do. Then we are back where we started. Take some personal responsibility.

This incident with Master-P never would have happened if you had not demanded someone else take responsibility for your personal liabilities. When you do this you are basically saying that you have no faith in your own ability to make sound judgements and do research, and or you are too lazy. Then you wag your finger at everyone else when things don't work out. You people need to look in the mirror.

Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:57:31 AM

It's so sad that people would abuse the trust in the community for such little effort and reward. There are people who are legitimately invested in the bitcoin community and monetary values don't matter these individuals. I hope in the future, honest people who want to be involved with bitcoin, not willing to sell out for a few thousands dollars will be involved here. Use your judgement when conducting transactions. I hope something like this never happens again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: