Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80673 times)
HITTI2

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:17:19 AM

(all of them, forum, steam, email, including his wallet) were in some way hacked, leading to this whole fiasco.

Reading this, makes me think if his stuff was stolen, and ended like this, someone might have grabbed his lastpass password in some kind of way. This is the only thing I can think of how he lost it all.

Win7x64 Pro, Acer XB240H, Corsair Obsidian 750D Black,DEMCifilter Corsair Obsidian 750D Dust Filter Kit,Delidded i7-3770K OC'd@4.5GHz, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM, MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5, ASUS Xonar D1, Vantec UGT-ST644R, ASRock Z75 Pro3, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU, EK-KIT L240, 2 x NF-A14-FLX Fans, 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID 0 32KB strip, WD Re WD1003FBYZ 1TB,2TB HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641),2 x HGST A7K3000 HUA723030ALA640 3 TB, Vertex II 60GB,Samsung SH-S223L.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:22:08 AM

Or, you know, actually know your trading partners well enough to know when something is not right...

Unbelievable how quickly people forget that Bitcoin was designed to enable PERSON TO PERSON transactions. Then everyone demands it be like every other system with mommy and daddy telling you things will be ok, dictating to everyone what they can and can't do. Then we are back where we started. Take some personal responsibility.

This incident with Master-P never would have happened if you had not demanded someone else take responsibility for your personal liabilities. When you do this you are basically saying that you have no faith in your own ability to make sound judgements and do research, and or you are too lazy. Then you wag your finger at everyone else when things don't work out. You people need to look in the mirror.

So you trade only with persons you know IRL since at least 2 years?

Person to person transactions, as you say, doesn't change the fact that you can be scammed, in any way. If I want to buy something, I have no guarantee whatsoever that it will be sent unless I know really well the seller and trust him. But to trust him, I need to have made at least a few deals with him.

Trust is built, built on what? On successfull exchanges. And I don't see the link between "your own ability to make sound judgements" and business trust. You're saying we should make researches on everyone we trade with? Fair enough, and how do you do when it's a first trade for someone? Imagine someone wanting to sell a 700$ worth miner, but he's not a legendary trusted member and never made a trade here, he's still a newbie. So how do you do your "own judgement" TECSHARE here? Or you tell him "nah bro, can't deal with you, wait for 2 or 3 years and when I'll know you better then maybe.

Not saying escrow is perfect, but you can't say it's just because "people are too lazy to do there own research".

flagpara

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:25:15 AM

It's so sad that people would abuse the trust in the community for such little effort and reward. There are people who are legitimately invested in the bitcoin community and monetary values don't matter these individuals. I hope in the future, honest people who want to be involved with bitcoin, not willing to sell out for a few thousands dollars will be involved here. Use your judgement when conducting transactions. I hope something like this never happens again.

So little effort and reward? 10k$ is little reward? ^^

Not saying it's good, but can't say it's just a little thing, was probably worth it. Damn the guy left with 25btc, it's quite a huge amount! Lots of people steal, hurt or even kill for far much less!

REAL-master-p

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:00:12 AM

I am back home. I was able to access my personal wallet which contains addresses I've used for transacting here on Bitcointalk. The address I used below is one where I sold a 2500k processor to "ChanceCoats123" here on Bitcointalk. The transaction is escrowed by OgNasty. He may verify this if he wishes to. This took place in June 2015.

Clearsign signature below:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Comment: Signed by Bitcoin Armory v0.93.2

This is master-P signing this message using the address: 18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ

This is an address used back in June 2015 for a transaction that involved OGNasty as the escrow.

I did not sell my account. My account was hacked and any other claims stating otherwise are false.

The hacker does not have control of the wallet that contains this address as far as I can tell.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

HA6B5WVR9KtB8r7vda22BX0hm3H3vMlu8xmVKMd3N7P4rmJN60ker8b1B7mRJkhI
uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:03:05 AM

I cant find your signed address staked anywhere. Can you sign from another address, or is this the only address you have access to right now?

BTW still not convinced that you're the real Master-p.  Roll Eyes
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:09:23 AM

I am back home. I was able to access my personal wallet which contains addresses I've used for transacting here on Bitcointalk. The address I used below is one where I sold a 2500k processor to "ChanceCoats123" here on Bitcointalk. The transaction is escrowed by OgNasty. He may verify this if he wishes to. This took place in June 2015.

This is master-P signing this message using the address: 18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ

This is an address used back in June 2015 for a transaction that involved OGNasty as the escrow.

I did not sell my account. My account was hacked and any other claims stating otherwise are false.

The hacker does not have control of the wallet that contains this address as far as I can tell.

uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2

Now what real master-p?  Roll Eyes

Your signature is invalid bro.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:13:46 AM

uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2

Looks cautiously promising, best of luck to all involved.
Doesn't change the fact that this forum's ad hoc escrow service is not fit for purpose.
If you rely solely on 'big names' to be good actors, it's still a form of centralization. What's wrong with 2 of 3 multisig again?

Or, you know, actually know your trading partners well enough to know when something is not right...

Unbelievable how quickly people forget that Bitcoin was designed to enable PERSON TO PERSON transactions. Then everyone demands it be like every other system with mommy and daddy telling you things will be ok, dictating to everyone what they can and can't do. Then we are back where we started. Take some personal responsibility.

This incident with Master-P never would have happened if you had not demanded someone else take responsibility for your personal liabilities. When you do this you are basically saying that you have no faith in your own ability to make sound judgements and do research, and or you are too lazy. Then you wag your finger at everyone else when things don't work out. You people need to look in the mirror.

So you trade only with persons you know IRL since at least 2 years?

Person to person transactions, as you say, doesn't change the fact that you can be scammed, in any way. If I want to buy something, I have no guarantee whatsoever that it will be sent unless I know really well the seller and trust him. But to trust him, I need to have made at least a few deals with him.

Trust is built, built on what? On successfull exchanges. And I don't see the link between "your own ability to make sound judgements" and business trust. You're saying we should make researches on everyone we trade with? Fair enough, and how do you do when it's a first trade for someone? Imagine someone wanting to sell a 700$ worth miner, but he's not a legendary trusted member and never made a trade here, he's still a newbie. So how do you do your "own judgement" TECSHARE here? Or you tell him "nah bro, can't deal with you, wait for 2 or 3 years and when I'll know you better then maybe.

Not saying escrow is perfect, but you can't say it's just because "people are too lazy to do there own research".

+1 this ^^^.

TECSHARE's point seems to imply that taking any form of insurance to mitigate risk means you become a nanny state zombie. In practice, just how do you do 'research' and make sound judgements when dealing in irreversible currency with an internet anon?
Also, the list of people scammed by supposed 'trusted friends' is never ending.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
BTCBLOGGER

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:14:27 AM

uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2

Unable to verify that signed message.
Use my signature to validate the signed message.
REAL-master-p

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:14:53 AM

It's a clearsign signature, I believe it needs to be verified with Armory.

In Armory I go to: Tools -> Message Signing/Verification -> "Verify Signed Message Block" tab and paste the whole thing in and it should show as valid. Works for me.

This is not my stake address. But since you're probably just a sig spammer or trying to bump up your post count without reading through all the details you should know that someone else took control of my stake address wallet and already tried impersonating me by using it to sign a message.

This address was used by me in June 2015. It was for a transaction that OgNasty escrowed, where this is the address he had released the funds to since I was the seller. Someone can contact him to see if he can help verify this or not. I'm trying to find other addresses I may have used but I've lost a lot of them. This is one of the older ones I can find and I thought it would be more credible if a DT1 member is able to help verify it's legitimacy of being my address.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:26:17 AM

This has become one of the major scam thread here in btctalk.

It's a fucking shame too. I sell here, without fee's to pay except btc transaction fees but that ain't nothing. bitcointalk is a great place too, it's being buried with scammers since day one.

This shit here boils my blood.

It always happen even on some forum where there is a market place. I was scammed with 2200usd on digitalpoint and warriorforum when i was hired as virtual assistant only to find out, I was caught in the middle where and my employer dispute the sent money on paypal while people send via western union. scammers are everywhere so nowhere else is safer. and its only the user can save himself.

masterp must have reasons.

edited: just checking above me is a responce from him.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
REAL-master-p

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:30:33 AM

It's a clearsign signature, I believe it needs to be verified with Armory.

In Armory I go to: Tools -> Message Signing/Verification -> "Verify Signed Message Block" tab and paste the whole thing in and it should show as valid. Works for me.

This is not my stake address. But since you're probably just a sig spammer or trying to bump up your post count without reading through all the details you should know that someone else took control of my stake address wallet and already tried impersonating me by using it to sign a message.

This address was used by me in June 2015. It was for a transaction that OgNasty escrowed, where this is the address he had released the funds to since I was the seller. Someone can contact him to see if he can help verify this or not. I'm trying to find other addresses I may have used but I've lost a lot of them. This is one of the older ones I can find and I thought it would be more credible if a DT1 member is able to help verify it's legitimacy of being my address.

Nice that you are trying to confirm your identity to be Master-p.
However; shouldn't you first move all the escrowed coins to a secure private key, before any of the funds go missing...

Well I am working on that now. I figured if this is a keylogger or some sort of malware I should try moving the drives that contained my wallet files and restoring them on another PC. I did not have back ups set up at the time, negligent of me but at the time I was already moving data from my old PC to another and had forgotten to keep a spare back up of the wallets.

Excuse my slow replies due to the 360 second posting restriction for me.
eclipse81

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:44:06 AM

Been following this debacle since it started.as a "relatively" long time member(on when BTC was still single digits)here but one who does not trade here to often I have to use these "trusted" services.Just a couple days ago I was attempting to do a currency exchange with someone who was insisting on using Mater-P.I just felt weird about it and insisted on another escrow Ognasty or Localbitcoin,well the trade never happened for a few reasons but this type of stuff really sends HUGE ripples through the community.

On another note-it seems "the real master-p" is using armory 0.93.2.Welll  that jives with his story about getting High S value errors.But damn he needs to get 0.93.3 ASAP so he can  get people money out to them.I understand hes not home or some crap but dang I would be updating my armory ASAP if I was genuinely concerned with getting people the BTC I lost.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 10:57:18 AM

uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2

Verified on Armory 0.92.3

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2

Verified on Armory 0.92.3

This is very encouraging. I am satisfied for now that there is a reasonable chance this is the real Master-P. I am putting your doxing on hold indefinitely pending your refund of held funds. I am glad you are sorting it out.
grtthegreat
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:06:45 AM

This is very encouraging. I am satisfied for now that there is a reasonable chance this is the real Master-P. I am putting your doxing on hold indefinitely pending your refund of held funds. I am glad you are sorting it out.

True Indeed.

UPDATE:

The above address 18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ received 0.6041 BTC from 1MyUMNvuuyNHH6DQcidUibZagMkMwhJY6n. The address 1MyUMNvuuyNHH6DQcidUibZagMkMwhJY6n contains a lot of transactions from 1NastyBTCcxbAQQ22kEijbXqgyBPRujftL, which is OgNasty's address (probably of Nasty Mining).

Also, I did a taint analysis, and the thing is that the address 1MyUMNvuuyNHH6DQcidUibZagMkMwhJY6n did receive coins from 168WXhArv7Fasqvi2xm5MQMfLhG18jifMe which is definitely OgNasty's address.

So, yes this is indeed very good news for those who got scammed.

So, mostly yes, this guy

Well I am working on that now. I figured if this is a keylogger or some sort of malware I should try moving the drives that contained my wallet files and restoring them on another PC. I did not have back ups set up at the time, negligent of me but at the time I was already moving data from my old PC to another and had forgotten to keep a spare back up of the wallets.

Excuse my slow replies due to the 360 second posting restriction for me.

is the real Master-P.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:07:47 AM

okay so i hope this will be resolve.  where are the people who gave master p negative trusts?  Cheesy

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:18:53 AM

This is very encouraging, hopefully people will get their coins back and master-p can clear his name Smiley.
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:24:09 AM

This is very encouraging, hopefully people will get their coins back and master-p can clear his name Smiley.

well good luck with that last part Smiley

an escrow who disappears for weeks and doesn't keep wallet backups... no thank you

and until everyone is made 100% it's premature to claim anything. Remember we have two conflicting messages now signed by to two "real" master-p users
grtthegreat
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:31:37 AM

an escrow who disappears for weeks and doesn't keep wallet backups... no thank you

and until everyone is made 100% it's premature to claim anything. Remember we have two conflicting messages now signed by to two "real" master-p users

But one address (the one posted by real master-P today) (18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ) contains transactions from OgNasty as claimed by the user whereas the other old address doesnt contain any transactions (16Ag7a28TfKwUQiUKcQuvTxATJM5khmX5p).

But I think only time will tell whats true and whats false. And there can be a possibility that both jonesz and REAL-master-p are the same person. First, he didn't wanted to return the funds but when people started threatening about doxing, he changed his mind?

Lets see what happens. Lets see if I get my 3 BTC back. Lets see if others get their 20-25 BTC back.
flagpara

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:38:42 AM

Yeah I agree. Problem being even if master-p was really hacked, I don't see why he would repay everything from his own pocket. I see no point here but to prove his honesty. It would be just a question of honor.
Well, I don't know a lot of people that would pay 10k$ from their own pocket for a question of honor! Though I hope it's the case of course.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: