Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:30:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80672 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:07:55 PM

---snip---

I don't see why people are believing that legal issue is going to help in any way. Account sales are allowed on the forum (they are discouraged) and if he proves it no one can do shit.This can also happen with newbie account's cause people are just trusting and no contracts are being signed and nothing legal is being done cause it again involves taxes and legal issues in order to promote the company or the signature here.

Many newbie scam's take place does it becomes a legal issue ? NO ,it's your trust which people abused.

This is global issue and none rules are applied.If a guy (like P) is managing multiple escrows and signaturing as well then he can easily make more than 6+ coins a month and 70+ coins a year but is he paying any taxes for that ? NO.There is nothing legal in the whole issue and there is no other way to get the funds back other than going to his home and kicking his ass.

Even when he really can proove he sold the account, which will be hard to prove legally when he even can't show the real details of the buyer, then he allowed others to impersonate him. I think at least on civil rights he could be made liable and he would have to pay for damages.

Though i'm no lawyer of course. And it might depend on his country.
No, because account sales is allowed and this could have also happened from all of the accounts which were sold since the beginning.
The question would be like - who asked you to trust ? why didn't you used some reputed escrow ?

Even if he proves everything i don't like to believe in stories which are fishy as hell and from the start,no reason for the hacker to ask yahoo to send the funds to the tipping address if he isn't having any control of it ? and why won't he move the funds if he has the keys ? is the hacker/scammer regretting by seeing people crying and the community losing hope/trust/believe over the Green Trees and DT and thinking to return the funds and messaging master-p one by one? hahahaha..yeah i believe that.

Though he might get a strong support from other DT members or maybe not but it doesn't matter's anymore.
To be straight i don't find a reason to believe any motherfucker just because he has been spending time somewhere and got a chance to get into the cliques while i was having a good time in some other communities.Trust doesn't works that way at least not for me.
after all, It works until it doesn't.

i dont care what anyone says about QS, fact remains hes absolutely great at detective work, and hes found numerous bits of info that points to an exit scam rather than an account sale and the new owner scamming.
He actually didn't believed that and he neither wanted to do some digging ,check his first post.But i agree with that.

Even when account sales are allowed on the forum, it doesn't change legal liabilities. If you allow others to impersonate you then it is as good as taking part in the scam. You made it possible. On top he most probably can't proove a sale (if it happened at all, story changes hourly it seems) because the buyer most probably is anonymous. And no court will believe you that you sold to a person you don't know. They can't verify and you could have faked it easily.

Well, for now it seems the sold account story is not actual anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:14:34 PM

(all of them, forum, steam, email, including his wallet) were in some way hacked, leading to this whole fiasco.

Reading this, makes me think if his stuff was stolen, and ended like this, someone might have grabbed his lastpass password in some kind of way. This is the only thing I can think of how he lost it all.

You would not believe how many people use the same password on every site. Though i doubt master-P would have done that.

Though it might be that he used the same email on many accounts and the accounts passwords were reset through email.

REAL-master-p

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:21:05 PM

The gmail account I use for this account was compromised, therefore the hacker was able to change my password without changing the e-mail. Luckily the e-mail is a bit of a throwaway I use for bitcointalk only, but that only solidifies the hackers control over my bitcointalk account.

In any case, I don't care about that anymore. I'm back here only to see if I can help resolve this and turn things around. I don't care to have any rep of mine restored, regardless if you guys believe my side of the story or not, my reputation here has been tainted. Simply by the fact that I didn't keep proper back ups and conducted better security practices when accepting/downloading certain files from people here. It was my own negligence, and I understand that. I don't care if I get dox'd or not because I know I didn't steal anything from anyone. Someone here is trying to fuck with me and has been successful with it so far.

I'll keep everyone here updated.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:23:52 PM

The gmail account I use for this account was compromised, therefore the hacker was able to change my password without changing the e-mail. Luckily the e-mail is a bit of a throwaway I use for bitcointalk only, but that only solidifies the hackers control over my bitcointalk account.

In any case, I don't care about that anymore. I'm back here only to see if I can help resolve this and turn things around. I don't care to have any rep of mine restored, regardless if you guys believe my side of the story or not, my reputation here has been tainted. Simply by the fact that I didn't keep proper back ups and conducted better security practices when accepting/downloading certain files from people here. It was my own negligence, and I understand that. I don't care if I get dox'd or not because I know I didn't steal anything from anyone. Someone here is trying to fuck with me and has been successful with it so far.

Good to see that you are really interested in fixing this up. Can you tell us if the addresses that contain our coins are under your control or if they belong to the hackers?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:24:22 PM

This is very encouraging, hopefully people will get their coins back and master-p can clear his name Smiley.

well good luck with that last part Smiley

an escrow who disappears for weeks and doesn't keep wallet backups... no thank you

and until everyone is made 100% it's premature to claim anything. Remember we have two conflicting messages now signed by to two "real" master-p users

Yeah I agree. Problem being even if master-p was really hacked, I don't see why he would repay everything from his own pocket. I see no point here but to prove his honesty. It would be just a question of honor.
Well, I don't know a lot of people that would pay 10k$ from their own pocket for a question of honor! Though I hope it's the case of course.

It's not a question of honour only. If he would not pay back it would mean embezzling money. Which again would mean that he could be made legally liable. Of course he would want to avoid that. If he could not pay back all in one then he would have to suggest a payback plan or something.

Though when he really is able to access the wallets safely now then it should be doable pretty fast to refund everyone.

Hope this story ends well.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:25:34 PM

Well I for one and glad you're making an effort to keep people updated and repay their money. It would be good if it was all repaid and you can prove to people you were hacked.

I think most people were angry (me included) of the thought that you'd sold your identity. I hoped beyond hope that it wasn't true because it felt like a kick in the balls for lots of people here that trusted you.
REAL-master-p

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:40:50 PM

Good to see that you are really interested in fixing this up. Can you tell us if the addresses that contain our coins are under your control or if they belong to the hackers?

I can't tell. Some of the address, for example my tipping address seems are ones I recognize that I previously generated in the escrow wallet. While some others I don't recognize, it could be new addresses generated by the hacker. He does not need the private key to generate new addresses using Armory, I don't think. I find it odd that he didn't simply just have people send coins over to his own addresses? I am not sure either way. Perhaps he did and he's just holding the coins to help convince people that I do indeed have control over them when I don't.

Either way I am working on this, trying to figure out the safest possible way to restore my wallets without losing everything, or anything at all.

I think most people were angry (me included) of the thought that you'd sold your identity. I hoped beyond hope that it wasn't true because it felt like a kick in the balls for lots of people here that trusted you.

Even if I were to sell my account in secret it wouldn't have been for 1 or 2 bitcoins.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:57:09 PM

I was indeed finding it really strange that funds are not moving, if the supposed hacker took control of everything he would leave with the coins immediately...

I can't tell. Some of the address, for example my tipping address seems are ones I recognize that I previously generated in the escrow wallet. While some others I don't recognize, it could be new addresses generated by the hacker. He does not need the private key to generate new addresses using Armory, I don't think. I find it odd that he didn't simply just have people send coins over to his own addresses? I am not sure either way. Perhaps he did and he's just holding the coins to help convince people that I do indeed have control over them when I don't.

Either way I am working on this, trying to figure out the safest possible way to restore my wallets without losing everything, or anything at all.

Even if I were to sell my account in secret it wouldn't have been for 1 or 2 bitcoins.

Correct, no private keys or passwords are needed to generate new addresses in Armory. But if some addresses aren't from your Armory wallet that's quite a bit disturbing and makes us go back to square 1
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:31:02 PM

Good to see you back man! hope you sort it all out. Your account seems to have been hacked around Dec 17th that is when the password was changed, so you must recognize all the address you created for escrow funds prior to that date, so I say start by returning the funds in those addresses first and then go from there.

Make sure to keep the PC which contains the wallet and funds offline. You can transfer the signed tx over to the online one and broadcast it from there.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:51:56 PM

Just a tiny tinfoil note if I may:

All that happened so far benefits only ONE person - Master-P, who was able to evade doxing.

So please for the love of your favorite deity stop playing by Master-P's script. Whether it's a scam or gross negligence, Master-P is on the hook for 20+ BTC - that's all there is to it. Let's see that paid out, then let's see Master-P back all the other claims up, such as:

Again, I repeat. I NEVER SOLD MY ACCOUNT. IT WAS LIKELY STOLEN BECAUSE I GOT KEYLOGGED BY ACCEPTING A MALICIOUS FILE, WHICH I BELIEVE IS FROM SOMEONE IN THIS COMMUNITY.

So who sent the file? "This community" needs to know to tag said person with a nice crimson label.
KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:59:00 PM

Just a tiny tinfoil note if I may:

All that happened so far benefits only ONE person - Master-P, who was able to evade doxing.

So please for the love of your favorite deity stop playing by Master-P's script. Whether it's a scam or gross negligence, Master-P is on the hook for 20+ BTC - that's all there is to it. Let's see that paid out, then let's see Master-P back all the other claims up, such as:

Again, I repeat. I NEVER SOLD MY ACCOUNT. IT WAS LIKELY STOLEN BECAUSE I GOT KEYLOGGED BY ACCEPTING A MALICIOUS FILE, WHICH I BELIEVE IS FROM SOMEONE IN THIS COMMUNITY.

So who sent the file? "This community" needs to know to tag said person with a nice crimson label.

If all users are refunded, I don't give a rat's ass if his account was hacked, sold, or if he's bloody schizophrenic.
What do you mean "All that happened benefits only master-p who was able to evade doxing?"
Would you rather get him doxxed, than have all users scammed get their funds back and let bygones be bygones?

Beep boop beep boop
CuntChocula

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:50:49 PM

This is very encouraging. I am satisfied for now that there is a reasonable chance this is the real Master-P. I am putting your doxing on hold indefinitely pending your refund of held funds. I am glad you are sorting it out.

ELI5: Why Master-P [real or hax0r] posting should delay dox dump?
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:00:01 PM

This is very encouraging. I am satisfied for now that there is a reasonable chance this is the real Master-P. I am putting your doxing on hold indefinitely pending your refund of held funds. I am glad you are sorting it out.

Ethical issues + it could probably lead to thread moderation/locking/deletion. Doxing is not prohibited here, but it may be limited, depending on the situation.
CuntChocula

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:07:03 PM

Ethical issues + it could probably lead to thread moderation/locking/deletion. Doxing is not prohibited here, but it may be limited, depending on the situation.

So if I steal your money, you threaten to dox me if I don't return it, and I make a post saying "Don't worry, I'm working on it, and, BTW, this is really me!" you wouldn't dox me?
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:18:16 PM

So if I steal your money, you threaten to dox me if I don't return it, and I make a post saying "Don't worry, I'm working on it, and, BTW, this is really me!" you wouldn't dox me?

Why are newbies so much interested in knowing all this all of a sudden? Roll Eyes

It is not a problem if you post questions like this from your main account.

No one will hurt you bro. Tongue
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:18:32 PM

In such case, yes, I would reveal personal information so nobody would deal with that person again, as that person would most likely scam again (or would at least stop scamming now that their personal information is known). But that's not the case we're seeing here neither what you propose would really help right now.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 03:33:08 PM

I am back home. I was able to access my personal wallet which contains addresses I've used for transacting here on Bitcointalk. The address I used below is one where I sold a 2500k processor to "ChanceCoats123" here on Bitcointalk. The transaction is escrowed by OgNasty. He may verify this if he wishes to. This took place in June 2015.

Clearsign signature below:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Comment: Signed by Bitcoin Armory v0.93.2

This is master-P signing this message using the address: 18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ

This is an address used back in June 2015 for a transaction that involved OGNasty as the escrow.

I did not sell my account. My account was hacked and any other claims stating otherwise are false.

The hacker does not have control of the wallet that contains this address as far as I can tell.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

HA6B5WVR9KtB8r7vda22BX0hm3H3vMlu8xmVKMd3N7P4rmJN60ker8b1B7mRJkhI
uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

This signature verifies in armory.

REAL-master-p you should upgrade to use Armory 0.93.3 so that you don't have issues with High S signatures in transactions. Your transactions will propagate faster and it should eliminate any issues you have with being unable to send from Armory.

Also, I advise that you send all of the funds from the wallets in the compromised computer to another wallet generated on another clean computer. Do that ASAP.

CuntChocula

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:34:08 PM

In such case, yes, I would reveal personal information so nobody would deal with that person again, as that person would most likely scam again (or would at least stop scamming now that their personal information is known). But that's not the case we're seeing here neither what you propose would really help right now.

Not sure I understand your ELI5. Please tell me which number you disagree with:
1) TECHSHARE threatened to dox Master-P if money is not returned.
2) Master-P (real or not) makes a post, 'proving' that he is, indeed, Master-P.
3) TECHSHARE, satisfied, agrees to stop (postpone) the doxxening.
4) No money changed hands.

No one will hurt you bro. Tongue
I'm certain of that. Even if I stole everything you owned, shat on your bed & raped your dog.
Source: Entire history of this forum.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 03:38:21 PM

Not sure I understand your ELI5. Please tell me which number you disagree with:
1) TECHSHARE threatened to dox Master-P if money is not returned.
2) Master-P (real or not) makes a post, 'proving' that he is, indeed, Master-P.
3) TECHSHARE, satisfied, agrees to stop (postpone) the doxxening.
4) No money changed hands.
TECSHARE only agreed to postpone doxing Master-P because he made a post that contained a verified signed message from a previously used address. This makes it highly likely that that was the real master-p, but we do not know for sure. If he does not restore the funds within some amount of time, TECHSHARE will continue with doxing master-P.

CuntChocula

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:41:55 PM

TECSHARE only agreed to postpone doxing Master-P because he made a post that contained a verified signed message from a previously used address. This makes it highly likely that that was the real master-p, but we do not know for sure. If he does not restore the funds within some amount of time, TECHSHARE will continue with doxing master-P.
Which brings me back to my original question:

TL;DR: 1) Is the dump getting postponed? 2) If so, why?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: