Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:40:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80672 times)
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:37:50 AM

Sorry for disappointing everyone, I too had my hopes up.

No need to apologize, couldn't have ended any other way.
More soothsaying:
-No meaningful payback. Ever.
-No dox dump
-Possible navy seal copypasta-grade threats from web warriors
-Everyone forgets & and starts playing with ball of twine

Enjoy your coin Smiley
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:39:48 AM

I have the wallet files backed up and restored but my password isn't working thus I'm unable to send any funds out. The hacker likely didn't move the funds because he already knows he has full control over them and can move them anytime they want.
I'm sorry master-P but that is not how encryption of files work.

This statement is more or less confirmation that you do not intend on repaying any of your victims, at least that is my opinion. From what it appears to me, that you are simply trying to delay having your personal information released, potentially so you can either cover up evidence or you are hoping that those who possess your personal information either loose it or change their mind about releasingit
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:40:21 AM

so do you have the btc to actually repay? that is quite generous of you considering how many other have scammed directly or indirectly, so i admire you for that at least.

Edit just curious, not being nosy asshole, sorry. I feel bad for you actually especially if that is really you and being sincere.

No he doesn't have that much right now, which you would know if you had actually read the post.

In this case I will have no choice but to repay everyone using my own funds. Unfortunately I don't possess the liquidity to be able to repay everyone all at once, but rest assured I will work to pay this off. I apologize again for this. It was my own negligence for not keeping better back ups.

{ BitSpill }
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:40:42 AM

In this case I will have no choice but to repay everyone using my own funds. Unfortunately I don't possess the liquidity to be able to repay everyone all at once, but rest assured I will work to pay this off. I apologize again for this. It was my own negligence for not keeping better back ups.

You can start by repaying a small amount of what's lost to the victim first. We need atleast some proof that you are being honest with your words and not just some trash talk that "Im working to repay everyone" . We have heard this before and even maidak said the same thing

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 03:41:04 AM

I have the wallet files backed up and restored but my password isn't working thus I'm unable to send any funds out. The hacker likely didn't move the funds because he already knows he has full control over them and can move them anytime they want.

Do you have an old backup with a known password? You mentioned you moved to a new hard drive recently, how about the old hard drive?

And by the way hacker taking control and not moving the coins doesn't make any sense at all. The hacker can't possibly be 100% sure that you don't have a copy of the private key.

REAL-master-p

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:43:07 AM

so do you have the btc to actually repay? that is quite generous of you considering how many other have scammed directly or indirectly, so i admire you for that at least.

Edit just curious, not being nosy asshole, sorry. I feel bad for you actually especially if that is really you and being sincere.

I don't have enough to pay everyone back right off the bat. It's going to take a few months being my most optimistic guess. I do have sources of income so it's not going to be a problem, it's just going to take time because I do have to work. I'm not going to take out any loans for this, even though I'm sure some of you would advise me to just to be able to pay everyone back right away. But no, I'm not going to take out a $15k+ loan for this. I will make sure people get their funds back over time when funds become available.

In a few days I'll be able to purchase some BTC from Circle.com and then from there I'll start paying people back. I don't have any significant amounts of BTC lying around right now. Whatever I had left that was mine was in my tipping address which has also been stolen now.

I'll make a repayment thread soon and start contacting individuals listed in KingZee's thread.

If anyone still feels the need to dox me because I couldn't recover the funds in the wallet then go ahead if you really do believe this is entirely my fault.

This statement is more or less confirmation that you do not intend on repaying any of your victims, at least that is my opinion. From what it appears to me, that you are simply trying to delay having your personal information released, potentially so you can either cover up evidence or you are hoping that those who possess your personal information either loose it or change their mind about releasingit

When I try to send coins from my Armory wallet, it asks for a passphrase. I enter the passphrase, and it doesn't work. What does that mean then? I have the wallet files that Armory prompts me to create upon the creation of each wallet. Is there a way for me to regain control or change the passphrase with these back ups? Because Armory requires me to enter this password each time I want to send funds out or to sign a message with an address. If there's another way for me to send the funds out without my previous known passwords then let me know.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 03:44:40 AM

Yeah something doesn't add up but I don't know well how Armory works so I'll wait for someone to pick this apart. I can't believe a hacker just changed the password (meaning re-encrypted?) and left the funds untouched.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6577

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 03:55:02 AM

When I try to send coins from my Armory wallet, it asks for a passphrase. I enter the passphrase, and it doesn't work. What does that mean then? I have the wallet files that Armory prompts me to create upon the creation of each wallet. Is there a way for me to regain control or change the passphrase with these back ups? Because Armory requires me to enter this password each time I want to send funds out or to sign a message with an address. If there's another way for me to send the funds out without my previous known passwords then let me know.
What is the error? Can you post a screenshot? Are you sure that you are typing it in correctly? You don't have Caps Lock on or anything like that?

You could try to brute force the password since you have an idea of what it is/should be and maybe it will come up with the right password for the funds. You can try walletrecoverservices.com for help with that.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 04:00:54 AM

Please stop entertaining the trolls and the sig spammers guys.

I'm verified here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13398178#msg13398178

I also sent verification of my identity to Blazed via PM. He can confirm it here if he wishes.

My wallet on my secondary PC is almost done syncing. After that I'm going to try and extract and restore the wallets safely on a secured machine and see if I can access the coins. If I can then great, I can return everyone's money. Even the ones that were already in escrow prior to the hack, since after this whole debacle I don't intend on continuing my service for those anymore.

If I can't access the funds anymore then I will work on getting people paid back over time. I definitely don't have enough liquidity to be able to pay back everyone's coins all at once but you have my word I will definitely work my ass off to get everyone their money back.

You never replied with what I asked you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:01:03 AM

Yeah something doesn't add up but I don't know well how Armory works so I'll wait for someone to pick this apart. I can't believe a hacker just changed the password (meaning re-encrypted?) and left the funds untouched.
Well here is the thing, when you have an HD wallet (eg an armory or electrum wallet), all you need to access every single private key contained in the wallet is the seed, and an electrum/armory wallet is really nothing more then an encrypted copy of the seed (along with some additional data, such as labels, ect). Both armory and electrum will only allow you to use a single password to decrypt the wallet, so if you wanted to say sign a transaction from any private key contained in the wallet then you would need to enter the password. The same just so happens to apply to signing a message from an address contained in a wallet. If you look here then you will see that master-P signed a message from one of the addresses contained in his (supposedly armory) wallet. If you were to assume that the address from that signed message is in the same wallet as his escrow/tipping address wallet then he would have access to every single address contained in his escrow wallet.

Also master-P claimed to have restored his wallet from a backup:
I have the wallet files backed up and restored
When you save a file and encrypt it with a password, then anytime you wish to open/decrypt that file you will need to enter that password. If you were to make a copy of that file, decrypt it then encrypt it with a second/new password, then you will not be able to use your old/first password to decrypt the second file. However in doing this you will not have made any changes to the first file, therefore if you attempt to decrypt the first file with the new password, it will not decrypt and you will still be able to decrypt the first file with the old password. Therefore if someone were to change the password to master-p's wallet file, then any backups would not be affected.

Another hole in his story is that the hacker was having people send btc to addresses that are contained in master-p's escrow wallet......although this would be beyond stupid for a hacker who is trying to steal btc to do, I guess I will give master-p the benefit of the doubt on this one since it cannot technically be disproven.

Lastly, if there is a paper backup of the seed then funds would be able to be moved with no password necessary.

edit: I am fairly certain that there are more holes in your story, however I am feeling lazy right now, and my above argument is strong enough (IMO) to confirm you are lying
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 04:01:37 AM

you have an idea of what it is/should be

How? It's the hax0rz who set the password allegedly.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:04:24 AM

When I try to send coins from my Armory wallet, it asks for a passphrase. I enter the passphrase, and it doesn't work.

--snip--

Because Armory requires me to enter this password each time I want to send funds out or to sign a message with an address. If there's another way for me to send the funds out without my previous known passwords then let me know.
Maybe you should do the same thing you did here:
I am back home. I was able to access my personal wallet which contains addresses I've used for transacting here on Bitcointalk. The address I used below is one where I sold a 2500k processor to "ChanceCoats123" here on Bitcointalk. The transaction is escrowed by OgNasty. He may verify this if he wishes to. This took place in June 2015.

Clearsign signature below:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Comment: Signed by Bitcoin Armory v0.93.2

This is master-P signing this message using the address: 18ovXpWyu5kpmT6Lzp49PKDCtZNQoPhmGQ

This is an address used back in June 2015 for a transaction that involved OGNasty as the escrow.

I did not sell my account. My account was hacked and any other claims stating otherwise are false.

The hacker does not have control of the wallet that contains this address as far as I can tell.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

HA6B5WVR9KtB8r7vda22BX0hm3H3vMlu8xmVKMd3N7P4rmJN60ker8b1B7mRJkhI
uTBIewBmlGKUqe2q65jtiBc=
=7z+2
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

REAL-master-p

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:06:59 AM

The wallet files I used to import into Armory to my secondary (uninfected) PC was retrieved from my primary (infected) PC. Importing the wallet files did not prompt me for any password. I did not have any other backups unfortunately. Yes, it's poor security practices but this is not something I would've expected to happen to me. Prior to this, I did have other copies of the wallet saved but I recently had to wipe the other storage devices that contained those backups for other reasons. I thought that having the wallets on just my primary would be fine for a month or so until I get proper back ups running again. I've been having problems with Armory  for at least the past 3-4 months now which prompted me to do all of this.

The signed message I posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13397740#msg13397740 is not from an address in the same escrow wallet in Armory. It's from a separate wallet (my personal use one) which I had hosted on my secondary PC all along. This wallet was never compromised thus I was able to luckily use to try to prove my identity to everyone.

@Blazed, I sent you something to prove my identity but I think you need to be more specific with me with what you want/will accept then if that wasn't sufficient.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 04:10:11 AM

Well here is the thing, when you have an HD wallet (eg an armory or electrum wallet), all you need to access every single private key contained in the wallet is the seed

Ok, I've used Electrum. I thought the first thing anybody does with those wallets is print out the friggin' seed and put it in a safe, or encrypt and put it on a flash drive, or memorize it if you're brave.

This all makes less and less sense with every new Master-P's post.

had to wipe the other storage devices that contained those backups for other reasons.

Why Huh

I've been having problems with Armory  for at least the past 3-4 months now which prompted me to do all of this.

Prompted what? Wipe backups? WTF?
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:18:10 AM

Dude. They've got you pegged.

Master-P be like

CuntChocula

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:29:19 AM

More soothsaying:
-No dox dump

Enjoy your coin Smiley
One down.
I will not be publicly doxing of Master-P, nor do I think it would be helpful in any way at this point.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 04:35:28 AM

In a few days I'll be able to purchase some BTC from Circle.com and then from there I'll start paying people back. I don't have any significant amounts of BTC lying around right now. Whatever I had left that was mine was in my tipping address which has also been stolen now.

----- SNIP -----

Are you sure your circle.com account wasn't hacked because I received a PM from your original account saying this:

Perhaps, the hacker knew that you had a circle.com account and probably now has control over it. Any explanations on this would be greatly appreciated.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:39:27 AM

hhhaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha the "hacked account" talks just like "REAL master-p" account.

SCAMMIN SINCE BEEN SCAMMIN SINCE BEEN SCAMMIN

Sorry to everyone who got screwed. This is ridiculous.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 04:39:54 AM

More soothsaying:
-No dox dump

Enjoy your coin Smiley
One down.
I will not be publicly doxing of Master-P, nor do I think it would be helpful in any way at this point.

The peanut gallery can go fuck itself. People were robbed, this isn't a circus even if the staff do wear funny clown noses from time to time. Here is the rest of your selectively edited quote.

Considering Master-Ps recent post where he says he can not access his escrowed funds and wants to make repayments, I wanted to post here and make it clear I will not be publicly doxing of Master-P, nor do I think it would be helpful in any way at this point. However if after a certain amount of time directly affected individuals are not satisfied with his progress, they can send me transaction ids with signed addresses I will consider releasing that information to them personally for collection purposes. I wish all affected good luck. Sorry it didn't turn out better.

I don't necessarily believe Master-P, but it is in fact possible he is telling the truth. These things happen when people get lazy and don't take appropriate security precautions. It wouldn't be the first or the last time. If in fact he is telling the truth he deserves a reasonable period of time to compensate his victims. Additionally doxing him publicly will probably make it harder for him to repay, as well as removing any motivation for him to pay short of criminal prosecution from the victims. Considering how caustic of an environment this community is it shouldn't be a surprise this place has basically turned into 4chan with an extensive research library. The only thing I give a shit about is seeing the victims repayed. The rest of you rubberneckers can suck a bag of dicks.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 04:42:33 AM

Things keep getting winded up with nonsense post from master - P. I have been using armory as well but all that master-p has been saying is complete nonsense things trying to make all of this get winded up. If you are going to repay then you need to atleast show it with some action instead of nonsense

The signed message I posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13397740#msg13397740 is not from an address in the same escrow wallet in Armory. It's from a separate wallet (my personal use one) which I had hosted on my secondary PC all along. This wallet was never compromised thus I was able to luckily use to try to prove my identity to everyone.

What wallet are you using for this?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: