Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80673 times)
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:42:55 AM

How much would it cost to ship to Canada? (Postal code: L3X 0H8)

that is what i can provide when he was asking to ship a SSD from me. (this address even locates a house in google map)
it is the probable living position he is living on.

He probably lives in Canada then but no the postal code will not give you his address, Google Maps just zooms in to the center of the postal code or the most populated area.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:47:33 AM

that is what i can provide when he was asking to ship a SSD from me. (this address even locates a house in google map)

He probably lives in Canada then but no the postal code will not give you his address, Google Maps just zooms in to the center of the postal code or the most populated area.

if he put a fake address to me, he would't even be able to attempt to scam the SSD from me.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:52:14 AM

if he put a fake address to me, he would't even be able to attempt to scam the SSD from me.
it could, however, have been a neighbor's (hey I'm away, get this package for me) or a relative's (hey uncle,  they don't ship to my place, could ya get it for me) address that he used. safe enough to say he lives in that area though.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:43:26 PM

I guess you missed my comment or ignored it on the previous page where i asked you all what is more important.
- The Victims with Lost Bitcoin
- master-P
- Or every other guy that comes along forever.
Getting the victims their Bitcoin is most important. I don't see how releasing the dox right now would help that. If the way I said it, refer to Quickseller's second paragraph.

snip
Why are you so angry? You're not even involved. Stop with the obnoxious text too; it doesn't help.

snip
He stole money from people, it doesn't matter how trusted he was. I'm sure that some of the more affected members could push for legal action if they really wanted to.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:11:34 PM

I guess you missed my comment or ignored it on the previous page where i asked you all what is more important.
- The Victims with Lost Bitcoin
- master-P
- Or every other guy that comes along forever.
Getting the victims their Bitcoin is most important. I don't see how releasing the dox right now would help that. If the way I said it, refer to Quickseller's second paragraph.

snip
Why are you so angry? You're not even involved. Stop with the obnoxious text too; it doesn't help.

snip
He stole money from people, it doesn't matter how trusted he was. I'm sure that some of the more affected members could push for legal action if they really wanted to.

Legal action for 24 BTC ? I don't think someone will start a legal action against him for only twentyfour bitcoin.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:16:52 PM

Well that's the problem. You claim he stole money to people, but he can also says he lost the funds while doing his escrow job. Hence he's an incompetent escrow, but unless a precise contract was established precising he had to take care of the funds, there is nothing illegal in being incompetent  Cheesy

All without taking in account that I doubt a scam of only 10k$ would lead the police to a complete investigation :/

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:43:39 PM

it could, however, have been a neighbor's (hey I'm away, get this package for me) or a relative's (hey uncle,  they don't ship to my place, could ya get it for me) address that he used. safe enough to say he lives in that area though.
then gotta find the neighbors.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:24:38 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 04:08:21 PM by Spoetnik

then gotta find the neighbors.

I like this guy  Grin

Let's play a game of Where's Waldo with master-P
By the way i would be leary of some teen with a name like that on a forum like this anyway. (a name a kid would pick)
Reminds me off Bud Bundy's "Grand Master B" persona LOL

I said when this topic was started and others on him early on..  i thought escrow crap was stupid anyway.
And that i do trades with people i trust so i never used one nor would i.

Sorry but you guys using some sketchy ass scam forum escrow account / service on a scam site should know better.
Scams are not against the rules here.. so your all being dumb or at least super super risky.

That guy who mentioned earlier agreements made some good points too.

FUD first & ask questions later™
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 05:42:46 PM

Well that's the problem. You claim he stole money to people, but he can also says he lost the funds while doing his escrow job. Hence he's an incompetent escrow, but unless a precise contract was established precising he had to take care of the funds, there is nothing illegal in being incompetent  Cheesy
Fair point. If an investigation were to take place they could likely uncover the truth. However, as you said, it more than likely wouldn't happen.

Legal action for 24 BTC ? I don't think someone will start a legal action against him for only twentyfour bitcoin.
All without taking in account that I doubt a scam of only 10k$ would lead the police to a complete investigation :/
I said they could, not they would. I agree that it wouldn't be worth it to launch an investigation, I'm just trying to say that it could be a possibility if they really wanted to waste money.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:59:27 PM

Fair point. If an investigation were to take place they could likely uncover the truth. However, as you said, it more than likely wouldn't happen.

I said they could, not they would. I agree that it wouldn't be worth it to launch an investigation, I'm just trying to say that it could be a possibility if they really wanted to waste money.
even though they could, im not so sure the case would sound all that great in court.

'so you guys just... handed the guy 10k dollars in bitcoins without any sort of collateral or written agreement that he will give it back to you guys? and exactly why? you guys are stupid.'

it might go something like that.
also, someone has logged into the master-p account about 6 1/2 hours ago today.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:01:14 PM

even though they could, im not so sure the case would sound all that great in court.

'so you guys just... handed the guy 10k dollars in bitcoins without any sort of collateral or written agreement that he will give it back to you guys? and exactly why? you guys are stupid.'

it might go something like that.
also, someone has logged into the master-p account about 6 1/2 hours ago today.

You should mind your own business.. this topic isn't locked yet ?
Don't mind me i just came for a "spectacle"  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:55:56 PM

Bitcoin is not even considered as money by legal officials...it may not even considered stealing.

Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:22:31 PM

What happen here? Looks like a shit bomb exploded. I would estimate that 95% of the post in this thread is off topic.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 11:07:25 PM

It would humiliate him publicly, and send a negative vibe to scammers who come on this forum.
While he's still repaying, I don't think that public humiliation would be the best way to encourage him to set and maintain steady contact and repayments.

snip
You make me laugh sometimes. Releasing the dox now would create more unneeded drama as half the thread tries to scream "LAWSUIT" louder than everyone else. Not that you wouldn't like that I'm sure.
If he stops payments and cuts contact then there is a good reason to release the dox, otherwise you'd just be making this harder than it needs to be for all parties involved.

Lawsuit my ass. So far not a single victim (including Master-P claiming to be hacked) has reported a crime. I guess on this forum people either accept getting stolen from or reject "authorities" so much that they'd rather lose their money than pursuing any avenue including these "authorities".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you to go to the police cause your signature campaign failed to pay out a few dimes. But if I had lost considerably I'd file a report.

Rehashing my previous point, Master-P, if you got hacked and lost about $12.000 worth of property, where is the police report about this theft?
I brought up the fact that MP never reported the "hack" to the authorities, but no one seemed to agree with that.  That's a huge red flag right there. 

I agree, it is a huge red flag for sure. He wants to pay back but not trying to get his funds back form the "hacker"? He should have given his pc to the internet criminal department of the police and they check it out. Though... they might find out that nothing has happened maybe... Roll Eyes

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 11:13:23 PM

Lawsuit my ass. So far not a single victim (including Master-P claiming to be hacked) has reported a crime. I guess on this forum people either accept getting stolen from or reject "authorities" so much that they'd rather lose their money than pursuing any avenue including these "authorities".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you to go to the police cause your signature campaign failed to pay out a few dimes. But if I had lost considerably I'd file a report.

Rehashing my previous point, Master-P, if you got hacked and lost about $12.000 worth of property, where is the police report about this theft?

I might be wrong but it seems simply impossible for me to bring masterp to the court. He's an unofficial escrow of the forum. Nobody signed any piece of paper with him, nobody can quote a contract explaining his obligations or what he has the right to do...

Did anyone even specified that he was responsible for any fund to be stolen? Because if not you can already forget bringing him under the law...

That's the main point of internet. Fast, easy, but not really under the law :/

No, it's not that easy. A contract doesn't need to be written, it can be negotiated by a conversation only. It is only easier to prove having a conversation. And we even have that conversation in the form of private messages. His account is connectable to a living address too. That is enough to claim that the embezzlement happened.

And it's pretty clear what he should do. Escrow is a defined word on here and normally the details are negotiated between trading partners and escrow too.

He can be sued for sure. I only have my doubts that it will happen. The amount is so small that i think it will not happen at all. There are too many people on here who thinks to "not throw good money after bad money". And it's worse with this case. A lawsuit could cost much. Well, it might be possible to let the police investigate for free for the start.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 11:15:06 PM

Except he lives near that address. It's a not seldom pracitioned scam tactic to let things being shipped to other peoples addresses, then wait for the postman there and claim to be the recipient. Did a postman ever ask you for your id before giving you the package?

Carders do that often.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 11:20:45 PM

Bitcoin is not even considered as money by legal officials...it may not even considered stealing.

Mustn't be considered money. It's something valuable stolen. Similar to paypal money taken from your account. Of course they would have to move in general.

And it doesn't matter that no 100% contract was established. Every judge will see what the purpose of sending the money to master-P was. If he can't proof against the private messages then that is the version the judge will believe. A written contract only is suggested for easier proof. But a spoken contract is valid too and we have even written details in private messages.

No, that is enough to proof that he did not get the coins donated.

GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:42:46 PM

it doesn't have to go to court

merely a police officer showing up at the door "to ask a few questions" would make an amateur scammer - which master-P appears to be - shit their pants more than any online trolling

filing a police report usually costs almost nothing (some time and a little effort) so anyone with more than a few bucks lost should consider that

next is small claims... if there is such a thing in Canada... cheap, no lawyers need to be involved, but might be hard to prove the bitcoin stuff to a judge used to dealing with unpaid bills and such

just don't do any vigilante crap, that can only end badly
Tabata11 (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:44:53 AM

The original master-p account logged in today, and changed his e-mail address right now. Changing e-mail addresses on bitcointalk can only be done by verification of old address, master-p's address was the same "[Suspicious link removed]" just last week, but he change now because people are threatening him. He was never hacked.

He is not a minor, he is in his early 30s still living with his parents. Master-P, return my coins in 24 hours or I will take legal action against you. On top of that, I plan on buying ad spaces in your town to publicly humiliate you and your family. Smiley

Cheers
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:45:42 AM

I think that master-P's account never changed ownership.

His password was changed four times:
2016-01-05 11:37:58
2015-12-17 13:55:10
2015-05-25 15:26:43
2014-10-19 04:07:48
No resets. All of the above changes were done by IPs which geolocate to the same general area. Also, his very first post and his very last post geolocate to the same general area. And for the last several months he's been using mainly the same IP.

Based on IP evidence, these users are possible (not certain) alts of master-p:
REAL-master-p
jeffersonairplane
kooke
MrBig
sifter
iflewtoday32
antonioserrano72
newflesh
AccTraderALT
ShameOnYou
berserkerbarrage
malaimult
protocol332
komodovpn
#yolo
IronMarvel
djshshajtm

Use this list as a starting point to see if you can find other links between them. Do not use my list as absolute proof. It is very common for two users to use the same IP at one point or another; 364 users have used the same IP as master-p, and the vast majority of them are not the same person.

Changing e-mail addresses on bitcointalk can only be done by verification of old address

Not true

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: