Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like master-P got me too who the hell can i trust here????????  (Read 4609 times)
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:20:53 PM

Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Stick with OgNasty and Blazed and you'll be fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:50:40 PM

Ohh thats really Sad you Lost your Own Fund too.

i also LOST .05BTC actually, from one of the campaign he holding fund. Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Multisig transactions could be of help but if people need escrows to hold funds for campaigns, it would be better if they could ask the escrow for their ID proof and then verify the same. If the user cannot provide an ID proof if he is working as an escrow, he should not be trusted with so much cash.

feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 07:56:12 PM

i also LOST .05BTC actually, from one of the campaign he holding fund. Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Multisig transactions could be of help but if people need escrows to hold funds for campaigns, it would be better if they could ask the escrow for their ID proof and then verify the same. If the user cannot provide an ID proof if he is working as an escrow, he should not be trusted with so much cash.
This is not a good idea as ID and even selfie with the ID can be fake.
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:05:00 PM

If the person takes a selfie (while he is logged in and his BCT details being reflected in the picture) which also shows him holding his ID proof, I doubt it could be faked so easily. Possibilities are there but it's only needed for the already reputed escrows of the forum. I doubt any new escrow can be trusted now.

GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:18:30 PM

If the person takes a selfie (while he is logged in and his BCT details being reflected in the picture) which also shows him holding his ID proof, I doubt it could be faked so easily. Possibilities are there but it's only needed for the already reputed escrows of the forum. I doubt any new escrow can be trusted now.

and then what?

if the escrow runs away the customer can post a pic that turns out to be some random guy with a wig and a fake ID?

the point is - this won't be enough to defeat someone who is DETERMINED to scam and also this won't help if there is a collusion/fake trade

a person who is well-known publicly might be a more reliable escrow but then why would such a person do escrow in a shitty forum for a measly 1%
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:27:51 PM

and then what?

if the escrow runs away the customer can post a pic that turns out to be some random guy with a wig and a fake ID?

the point is - this won't be enough to defeat someone who is DETERMINED to scam and also this won't help if there is a collusion/fake trade

a person who is well-known publicly might be a more reliable escrow but then why would such a person do escrow in a shitty forum for a measly 1%

The person who wants to scam would definitely do so. However, if his ID is verified along with his address proof, he can easily be arrested if he scams any user. Master-P scammed $12000 which is a huge amount and if his ID is known, he can get arrested for cheating. It's a criminal offense after all and no scammer should escape.

feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:38:21 PM

and then what?

The person who wants to scam would definitely do so. However, if his ID is verified along with his address proof, he can easily be arrested if he scams any user. Master-P scammed $12000 which is a huge amount and if his ID is known, he can get arrested for cheating. It's a criminal offense after all and no scammer should escape.
If the scammer won't reveal his identity he wouldn't do so ,he will use fake ID along with fake selfie..I believe there are some guys that would do everything for quick buck,so this is not a big deal
errorcoin22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:51:27 PM

and then what?

>arrested for cheating
That a felony where you're at?

Before anything happens, someone must press charges. Who? Yahoo1728736? The guy promoting an illegal gambling site & "web wallet/cloud miner/ponzi scheme"? Rly?

Most of the transactions here are grossly illegal, and folks behind them are (at best) tax cheats/petty scufflaws, and (more likely) fraudsters themselves -- a crack whore is more comfortable with calling the cops.
"Can't cheat an honest man" ain't helping any of the 'victims' here, you can count on that. Because the scammers sure do.

Another thing the scammers count on is that each individual swindle is pathetically small, less than a few grand, not worth going after.

Yet another is that victims are spread out across the globe, different jurisdictions.

TL;DR: As ridiculous as trying to bring in the cops on a bad dope deal. Prove me wrong Smiley
Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:57:01 PM

I am still confused why anyone would trust a deal without escrow, and a person with RED reputation.
GSpgh

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:59:38 PM

and then what?

you missed the "wig and fake ID" part. There is no reason for a determined scammer to post their REAL identity.

so it would have to be publicly verifiable, perhaps even a registered business, in order to have any recourse

which brings a lot of other issues such as the legality of the deals going on here
errorcoin22

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:59:52 PM

I am still confused why anyone would trust a deal without escrow, and a person with RED reputation.
Master-P was one of the "Big 5" -- most trusted escrows on this forum. He was also on the default trust.
The red trust happened later.
GSpgh

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:00:42 PM

the problem here IS the escrow, and he/she was bright green when the problem happened
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:00:58 PM

I am still confused why people don't take the effort to read the whole thread and understand the situation before posting.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:07:25 PM

You can trust the same number of people I do... a very select few based on my own dealings.  This is where "DT" and other people's opinion(s) can become very problematic.  If I sold my account one could become a hero member very quickly and then use that and my past of not scamming anyone as "proof" of legitimacy.

This is why I have said, and will continue to, that default trust needs to go away.

this is absolutely a reasonable way to operate….

but it's impossible avoid account selling, and one question arise…

You prefer make honestly 5 btc yearly or scam 12 btc in one time?
Who bought this masterp acc. decide to scam… prefer 12 btc in one time… I hope no another one, of the escrow top 5 sell the account!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:53:59 PM

I just wanted to point out that master-P's excuse that he couldn't send the coins does actually make sense. He is (most likely) using Armory 0.93.2 (it says it in the signed message that supposedly comes from him) which has a problem with High S values in signatures and any transaction that has a High S value is no longer standard so any of his transactions would not be relayed and would be rejected by many nodes and miners.

So if he is actually not scamming, then he may just be unable to send the coins back. Or if he is scamming, then he may be unable to move them (which would explain why we haven't seen any of the coins move yet).

If the account was sold or hacked and all of the info given away, then this issue wouldn't explain why the coins didn't move, unless the hacker also is using old Armory versions.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:58:51 PM

I just wanted to point out that master-P's excuse that he couldn't send the coins does actually make sense. He is (most likely) using Armory 0.93.2 (it says it in the signed message that supposedly comes from him) which has a problem with High S values in signatures and any transaction that has a High S value is no longer standard so any of his transactions would not be relayed and would be rejected by many nodes and miners.

So if he is actually not scamming, then he may just be unable to send the coins back. Or if he is scamming, then he may be unable to move them (which would explain why we haven't seen any of the coins move yet).

If the account was sold or hacked and all of the info given away, then this issue wouldn't explain why the coins didn't move, unless the hacker also is using old Armory versions.

Good point, but if I was the hacker ... then I will move the coin as soon as possible.
errorcoin22

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:07:15 PM

Good point, but if I was the hacker ... then I will move the coin as soon as possible.

I keep hearing that. Can you explain why?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:10:27 PM

I keep hearing that. Can you explain why?
Because then two people would have access to the coins. The thief would want to move the coins out ASAP so that the owner cannot reclaim them. Likewise the owner would want to move the coins out to another wallet ASAP so that the thief cannot steal them.

West man

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:14:35 PM

Master-P was one of the "Big 5" -- most trusted escrows on this forum. He was also on the default trust.
The red trust happened later.
Has he show up again to clear up what happened yet?
I am still confused why people don't take the effort to read the whole thread and understand the situation before posting.

Too many threads to go over for full story. Maybe a run down for the people who don't have the time to go over 200 posts about this incident.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BetcoinRakeback.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
████▄█▄████
███████████
████▄█▄████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/tr
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:15:59 PM

Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Stick with OgNasty and Blazed and you'll be fine.
And until last week it was: stick to OgNasty, Blazed and master-p and you will be fine. The truth about escrow services are: it is being advertised as stable - until it is isn't.
And you really can't say for sure if some long known escrow one day change his mind and run away with your money because he feels 'tired' of the forum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: