Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 will be a boring year for bitcoin  (Read 22499 times)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 03:03:56 AM

The hype has started dying down, USD exchanges are dominated by Chinese onesinvestments are getting back to 2013 levels and the supposedly interesting bitcoin-related projects of 2015 didn't have a positive impact to adoption or the market.

Nope. Because 2016 is the halving year. This is now the time to sell all your BTC because BTC will now be in demand in the market. Because of the halving event, many investors are trying to earn more BTC. So, If I were you, I would now sell my BTC's after the halving. I guess if you didn't know what halving is, the halving event is the bitcoin block mining reward that halves every 210,000 blocks, the coin reward will decrease from to 6 coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:28:53 AM

Nope. Because 2016 is the halving year. This is now the time to sell all your BTC because BTC will now be in demand in the market. Because of the halving event, many investors are trying to earn more BTC. So, If I were you, I would now sell my BTC's after the halving. I guess if you didn't know what halving is, the halving event is the bitcoin block mining reward that halves every 210,000 blocks, the coin reward will decrease from to 6 coins.

The Bitcoin price rose a lot in 2013, which was the year after the halving year, so the price in 2017 can rise a lot.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:42:05 AM

i think 1016 is the interesting year for bitcoin. you can see the price is increasing very regularly and continuously. i think more people are entering in bitcon and investing their money in bitcoin. the halving has a great effect on the bitcoin. it make bitcoin more stable. there is no such a big fluctuation in the price of bitcoin. i think still so many other good news from bitcoin are expected.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:32:00 PM

as most of the people were thinking that the price of bitcoin will fell down because of the halving . and therefore they were thinking that this year will be boring year for bitcoin. because people will not take interest in bitcoin because of the uncertain condition of bitcoin. but you can see that the result is just opposite. people do not sell their bitcoin even after halving. and therefore the price of bitcoin remain stable and still people are taking interest in buying bitcoin.
purebitco

Activity: 337

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:20:08 PM

The Bitcoin price rose a lot in 2013, which was the year after the halving year, so the price in 2017 can rise a lot.
i think that you are right and the price is going to increase a lot next year, we will definitely see a new all time high  because people will be buying bitcoins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:45:27 PM

For me 2016 is not a boring year, as I joined it in this year and when I joined bitcoin it started to increase and at that time I got some bitcoins and within a few months my money got doubled with bitcoin price increase, so this year is more interesting for bitcoin users.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:16:12 PM

i think 1016 is the interesting year for bitcoin. you can see the price is increasing very regularly and continuously. i think more people are entering in bitcon and investing their money in bitcoin. the halving has a great effect on the bitcoin. it make bitcoin more stable. there is no such a big fluctuation in the price of bitcoin. i think still so many other good news from bitcoin are expected.

The block halving itself doesn't make Bitcoin stable. The current stability is because of we have had so much hype around the block halving that it was driving people crazy. Right now there is nothing left to talk or focus on for people. That's the reason for the market to be this calm.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:23:34 PM

At some stages it was boring for the bitcoin users but mostly people enjoyed this year much more with bitcoin, it was at least better from the previous year when the price was at drop till the end of the year.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:39:35 AM

i dont think the year is going to be a boring one because there already were some discussions on block size

also the price increase will happen because of bitcoin halving that is happening in the stable price way. So as you said bitcoin will reach good value in next year.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 07:41:59 AM

I have only been introduced to bitcoin around April of this year and I can say that I've witnessed a lot of exciting moments in the past few months. I've seen the price surge from $440 to almost $800, only to go down again to mid $500 levels. Although right now, these things are not happening, I am still expecting some wild swings before the year ends, but I am not one to complain if the price keeps its "boring" phase for the rest of the year.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 09:37:18 PM

i dont think the year is going to be a boring one because there already were some discussions on block size

also the price increase will happen because of bitcoin halving that is happening in the stable price way. So as you said bitcoin will reach good value in next year.

Block size discussions are endless and happen every year in the last three years. The question is whether there is some real output out of these talks, or are these, as previously, just meaningless talks.
Otherwise, I agree, 2016 is so far quite an interesting year.

this space is intentionally left blank
universe_

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:21:58 PM

At some stages it was boring for the bitcoin users but mostly people enjoyed this year much more with bitcoin, it was at least better from the previous year when the price was at drop till the end of the year.
well it was mainly boring because bitcoin price was stable for a long time and it is still stable, i hope there will be some improvements in the future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
HateNATO

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:30:55 PM

For me bitcoin is more and more funn every single year because it helps me to increase my oline income very fast and it makes me really happy.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:30:36 PM

For me bitcoin is more and more funn every single year because it helps me to increase my oline income very fast and it makes me really happy.
i also really like bitcoin and it makes my life a way easier one, this year wasnt boring for me at all as bitcoin halving happened and the price rose a few months back
Waticta

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:27:30 AM

2016 is not boring. So far this year, the bitcoin has survived the Mike Hearn comments. And it will also survive the Bitfinex hack.
Gastotade

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:24:24 PM

2016 is not boring. So far this year, the bitcoin has survived the Mike Hearn comments. And it will also survive the Bitfinex hack.

It will survive a few more negative events in the near future. Then the price will rise to $1000 in the next 6 months.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:27:16 PM

I do not see this year as a boring one at all. so far we have seen many major events for bitcoin. including the halving which happen last month. also the price had many strong movements and no one can predict what will it be at the end of 2016. so all of these indicate that this year is not boring for me
angryswamp

Activity: 268

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:56:17 PM

so far it is definitely not a boring year, in my opinion in the future the price is going to be growing only

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:58:55 PM

I do not see this year as a boring one at all. so far we have seen many major events for bitcoin. including the halving which happen last month. also the price had many strong movements and no one can predict what will it be at the end of 2016. so all of these indicate that this year is not boring for me

Yeah and we witnessed major growth in price in compare to last year, thanks to halving which helped price taking higher and we can expect the same in the end of the year.
Gastotade

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:08:50 AM

Yeah and we witnessed major growth in price in compare to last year, thanks to halving which helped price taking higher and we can expect the same in the end of the year.

That is right. The bitcoin price rose more than 100% from this time last year. I think it will grow anoter 100% in the next year.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: