Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:55:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 Kids Stabbed At School In China  (Read 15547 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 12:49:45 AM

I'm no right winger or government conspiracy nut. I'm a liberal who loves nature and the arts. But none of that's going to matter if I found myself face to face with an armed psyco. It will be too late for society to help him get the mental resources he needs. I'm just pragmatic about it.
Violence is the worst way to address violence. It is much better to defuse a violent person and treat the root problem. But once somone crosses the line and acts out, violence is often the only choice.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Freja

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 12:54:07 AM

Don't worry everyone else in the civilised world agrees with you. It's just a certain type of American who believe that "the right to bear arms" or whatever trumps absolutely everything else.

I believe their convictions about this harms their country and benefits nobody but the arms industry. But it's not my country, so not my business.

But just thought you ought to know that everybody on the European continent in principle, would agree with you on this. Even Canadians, I believe!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 01:08:01 AM

Thanks frija
We are not all gun nuts.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 01:15:47 AM

One thing I can't understand about the anti-gun viewpoint is why it's terrible for ordinary people to own guns but for police and soldiers who we all know are following orders from people that couldn't care less about us it's perfectly okay, what makes them so different and special?

It's the uniform. No, really. Get yourself a uniform. Almost any will do. Ask to take someone's seat. They'll let you. Bonus points if there's an empty one right next to them.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 01:24:58 AM

Don't worry everyone else in the civilised world agrees with you. It's just a certain type of American who believe that "the right to bear arms" or whatever trumps absolutely everything else.

The majority of Americans believe that "the right to bear arms" trumps laws written by criminals, to do nothing BUT protect criminals in their line of work. Gun control is criminal occupational safety. Read some non-redacted history books if your government hasn't burned them all.

There's a reason why the Holocaust didn't start, or reach, the U.S. Unfortunately the gun control laws which enabled it have been imported here, so there could easily be genocide in Chicago, NYC, or DC, not to mention the worst part of a minority of states.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 01:27:50 AM

The majority of Americans believe that "the right to bear arms" trumps laws written by criminals, to do nothing BUT protect criminals in their line of work. Gun control is criminal occupational safety.

There is one group of people who own guns and very much would like all guns made illegal.

Criminals.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:45:39 AM

The majority of Americans believe that "the right to bear arms" trumps laws written by criminals, to do nothing BUT protect criminals in their line of work. Gun control is criminal occupational safety.

There is one group of people who own guns and very much would like all guns made illegal.

Criminals.

Is that another one of those NRA memes? Like we haven't heard that one before. Say something fucking original, so we know you have an original thought. Don't you think that other nations haven't heard that line as well?
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:48:24 AM

TheButterZone,

I thought you were going to go on about how much deadlier and more effective knives are as killing tools, as you explained to me earlier. No more to add regarding that? You know, something along the lines about how, maybe you should carry a knife instead when you're walking around fantasizing about getting mugged so you can show your stuff? If knives are so much more effective, then why would you want a gun?
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:56:18 AM

I'm no right winger or government conspiracy nut. I'm a liberal who loves nature and the arts. But none of that's going to matter if I found myself face to face with an armed psyco. It will be too late for society to help him get the mental resources he needs. I'm just pragmatic about it.

You're just being pragmatic about it? Really? Didn't you say this (quoted below) earlier in the thread?

I went shooting this weekend. Put about 100rnds. through each of my assault rifles.

You sure do love yer guns, good ole boy style, don't you? Gonna be real pragmatic about, aren't you? A real Rambo, eh?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:12:29 AM

LOL... looks like someone is a little insecure.

Edit: It occurs to me that idiots might misconstrue who I meant.

I meant FirstAscent.

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:15:02 AM

LOL... looks like someone is a little insecure.

I suspect RodeoX might be, what with bragging about shooting his assault rifles. Good call!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:17:14 AM

I think I've just found a solution to this whole gun debate problem, why don't the sane and rational amongst us just have a debate by ourselves and let the frankly rather stupid anti-gun/pro-gun lobbyists insult each other constantly while we come up with a real solution? That said, I don't think there really is a correct or immediate answer to someone who is determined to kill another human being which is something people just can't seem to accept.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:26:52 AM

That said, I don't think there really is a correct or immediate answer to someone who is determined to kill another human being...

No, there is most definitely a correct and immediate answer to someone who is determined to kill another human being: Kill him first.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:37:49 AM

No, I was simply telling you about locks because you are misinformed about them and seem to be suffering from the delusion that a lock is there to keep dishonest people out.  They are not and never have been, they are to keep honest people honest, nothing more.

Inaba, beyond your horrible job as PR, you are also an funny douche...

You initial premise is complete fallacious. Tell me, if locks are there to keep honest people honest, what happens when locks are not there? Dishonest people are keep dishonest?

Do you realize how absurd is your premise? Let's try again: 'Doors are there to keep honest people honest'.

Should people buy more doors to keep more honest people honest?

See if you can spot the logical fallacies in your argument.

Protip:  There's 3 of them

After you're done, come back and we might be able to have a debate.  As it is, you're just blathering without making any sense.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:51:56 AM

No, I was simply telling you about locks because you are misinformed about them and seem to be suffering from the delusion that a lock is there to keep dishonest people out.  They are not and never have been, they are to keep honest people honest, nothing more.

Inaba, beyond your horrible job as PR, you are also an funny douche...

You initial premise is complete fallacious. Tell me, if locks are there to keep honest people honest, what happens when locks are not there? Dishonest people are keep dishonest?

Do you realize how absurd is your premise? Let's try again: 'Doors are there to keep honest people honest'.

Should people buy more doors to keep more honest people honest?

See if you can spot the logical fallacies in your argument.

Protip:  There's 3 of them

After you're done, come back and we might be able to have a debate.  As it is, you're just blathering without making any sense.

Oh my god this is rich, Inaba - the twit that cannot grasp the simple concept of burden of proof is lecturing others on 'logical fallacies'.
I think you have reached the 'Eric Cartman' level of delusions Inaba, its time for you to go fuck some gay fish buddy.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:57:54 AM

Oh my god this is rich, Inaba - the twit that cannot grasp the simple concept of burden of proof is lecturing others on 'logical fallacies'.
I think you have reached the 'Eric Cartman' level of delusions Inaba, its time for you to go fuck some gay fish buddy.

This is not a good entry into the debate. Certain not to win you any friends, at least.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:01:03 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 01:17:41 AM by mem

This is not a good entry into the debate. Certain not to win you any friends, at least.

if you're online trying to make friends........ well I feel very sorry for you and Chris Hanson would like a word.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 05:15:55 AM

if your online trying to make friends........ well I feel very sorry for you and Chris Hanson would like a word.

If my online what? Oh, you mean "you're."

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were under-aged. That explains a lot. I'll make a note to take you off ignore in 6 years.

stochastic

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:32:33 AM

From a QQ chat:

Chinese friend  23:26:57
he didnt stab

Chinese friend  23:27:01
just chop

Stochastic  23:27:27
oh like a chicken?

Chinese friend  23:28:25
yea

Chinese friend  23:28:40
a stupid guy

Chinese friend  23:29:00
he should have killed some rich leaders

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 06:05:47 AM

Yep, if that's true, it's crystal clear there was no intent to actually kill. Who the fuck is able to chop someone (who isn't bound by restraints) to death with a knife? Nobody. If he had a long blade he could chop limbs off...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: