Poll
Question: Would you eat a human?
Only my enemy's child - 4 (1%)
Only to survive - 98 (25.2%)
Only for secret powers - 16 (4.1%)
Hell yes - 26 (6.7%)
Hell no - 245 (63%)
Total Voters: 389

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you eat a human?  (Read 81693 times)
AmiranAbdul

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:16:03 PM

No. It is very immoral and you can get infected with some kind of infection. I eat animal meat, but human meat is taboo for me in any situation. Only a madman can do this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:21:48 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 01:36:15 PM by Shinpako09

I will never eat human in my whole life. If there's nothing I can eat anymore, I'd rather die in hungry rather than becoming a canibal. After all my stomach can't take such meat. I've watched in the internet a man biting the head of a guy and I feel nauseated. I can't even focus on eating for how many days coz I remember it when I'm eating.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:46:21 PM

I will never eat human in my whole life. If there's nothing I can eat anymore, I'd rather die in hungry rather than becoming a canibal. After all my stomach can't take such meat. I've watched in the internet a man biting the head of a guy and I feel nauseated. I can't even focus on eating for how many days coz I remember it when I'm eating.
Same with my friends, I've also watched movies about cannibalism and I can not eat because I always imagine a disgusting scene in the film. To me, human flesh is too disgusting for me to eat. And therefore I will never eat human flesh.
mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:30:56 PM

Same with my friends, I've also watched movies about cannibalism and I can not eat because I always imagine a disgusting scene in the film. To me, human flesh is too disgusting for me to eat. And therefore I will never eat human flesh.

It's not that the flesh is disgusting. It's the same meat as pork. Probably)
The point is in moral attitudes. A person is brought up in a society where it is considered terrible. And it is right. You can not eat people in our highly developed society

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5926

Meh.

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:41:31 PM

The point is in moral attitudes. A person is brought up in a society where it is considered terrible. And it is right. You can not eat people in our highly developed society

It's a stupid statement to make as you obviously have no clue about how your brain and body will react to starvation. And starvation is not the only reason for which you would eat human flesh there is also the part where someone could threaten your or your family's life unless you'd eat human flesh. Would you deny it? Obviously not as again, human instinct - survival instinct kicks in and at that point your brain will not care about your morals.

Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:24:01 PM

It's a stupid statement to make as you obviously have no clue about how your brain and body will react to starvation. And starvation is not the only reason for which you would eat human flesh there is also the part where someone could threaten your or your family's life unless you'd eat human flesh. Would you deny it? Obviously not as again, human instinct - survival instinct kicks in and at that point your brain will not care about your morals.
How do you know all that? Have you ever done that? Have you ever tried to survive until only human flesh can you eat? I guess what you're saying is a possibility. How do you know the human instinct will work like that?
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:33:20 PM

How do you know all that? Have you ever done that? Have you ever tried to survive until only human flesh can you eat? I guess what you're saying is a possibility. How do you know the human instinct will work like that?

During the war, many people were left without food. And some (!) Of them ate corpses and other people. While most could not defeat morality in the name of the survival instinct.
I can not answer this question, because I really do not know how my brain will react to the famine.
But voluntarily in a comfortable environment, I will not do this

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:00:48 PM

During the war, many people were left without food. And some (!) Of them ate corpses and other people. While most could not defeat morality in the name of the survival instinct.
I can not answer this question, because I really do not know how my brain will react to the famine.
But voluntarily in a comfortable environment, I will not do this

When survival instinct kicks in your brain will force you to do whatever it takes to survive because it is programmed in our brain that we have to survive. Ofcourse you would not voluntarily eat human flesh in a comfortable and good environment. Not a lot of people would since it could be considered insanity. I'm talking about the extreme. When you state "I would never ever under any circumstances eat human flesh" you kind of move away from a good state of mind where you'd do it. Obviously.

galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:53:07 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 04:24:40 AM by galestorm

Of course not! That would be cannibalism. Though there are some that would eat one which are mostly tribes and psychopaths ( well.. that's what i usually see in movies ) but there are actually those that consider it as their culture. In my case i wouldnt even try or think to eat one for that matter because i wouldnt get rid of the thought that somebody's body parts are inside me.. running through my bloodstream and digestive tract which is actually creepy.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
loyseu

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:24:04 PM

No of course. I would't dare to eat an human because they still human that deserve to be alive.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:32:03 PM

No of course. I would't dare to eat an human because they still human that deserve to be alive.

It never stated that it would be someone that is alive, obviously that would not be very nice. I guess someone that recently died and the flesh is still warm. Or if you've had it in the freezer and slow cooked it to make it tender.

Either way, you sure that you'd never eat human flesh? Not even in a life/death situation? That seems a bit.. odd.

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:35:04 PM

It never stated that it would be someone that is alive, obviously that would not be very nice. I guess someone that recently died and the flesh is still warm. Or if you've had it in the freezer and slow cooked it to make it tender.

Either way, you sure that you'd never eat human flesh? Not even in a life/death situation? That seems a bit.. odd.

No, actually it is odd to deal with hunger by eating fellow human being, you heathen  Wink

There were and still are instances of widespread hunger in Africa and formerly eastern Europe but cannibalism was very, very rare. You see, religious people at the very least feel uncomfortable as far as consuming flesh of another goes.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:38:43 PM

No, actually it is odd to deal with hunger by eating fellow human being, you heathen  Wink

There were and still are instances of widespread hunger in Africa and formerly eastern Europe but cannibalism was very, very rare. You see, religious people at the very least feel uncomfortable as far as consuming flesh of another goes.

Widespread hunger = loads of bodies that you can consume? Did you not read what I wrote properly?

If you were to got without food for 100 days and there were someone with you on the top of a mountain and he just died I can assure you that regardless of ethnicity or religion you will eat some of him. It is survival instinct and you can't control yourself at that point.

Also, in these places where there has been widespread hunger and starvation, do you really know what is going on there? Have you been there to experience it in person? How can you be so sure that there's not a lot of cannibalism?

charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:44:47 PM

This is such a weird thread... Perhaps there are Dexter wannabees hanging around here  Wink

I would never eat a person.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:46:24 PM

eating human flesh would be nice. it would become one of the greatest culinary i ever tasted.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:48:05 PM

eating human flesh would be nice. it would become one of the greatest culinary i ever tasted.

Some people that has eaten human flesh has actually reported that it is by far the tastiest meat they've ever had. Crazy tender and a very special taste. I've never done it so I could not tell you if it is true or not but I could get behind what they are saying as it does make sense.

Hopefully I'll never be in a situation where I have to eat human flesh but you never know.

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:40:10 PM

Some people that has eaten human flesh has actually reported that it is by far the tastiest meat they've ever had. Crazy tender and a very special taste. I've never done it so I could not tell you if it is true or not but I could get behind what they are saying as it does make sense.

Hopefully I'll never be in a situation where I have to eat human flesh but you never know.

Mother Nature and God has you covered.

Kuru is a very rare, incurable neurodegenerative disorder that was formerly common among the Fore people of Papua New Guinea. Kuru is caused by the transmission of abnormally folded prion proteins, which leads to symptoms such as tremors, loss of coordination, and neurodegeneration.

The term kuru derives from the Fore word kuria or guria ("to shake"), due to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease and kúru itself means "trembling". It is now widely accepted that kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via funerary cannibalism. Deceased family members were traditionally cooked and eaten, which was thought to help free the spirit of the dead. Females and children usually consumed the brain, the organ in which infectious prions were most concentrated, thus allowing for transmission of kuru. The disease was therefore more prevalent among women and children.

While the Fore people stopped eating human meat half a century ago, the disease lingered due to kuru’s long incubation period of anywhere from 10 to over 50 years. The epidemic declined sharply after discarding cannibalism, from 200 deaths per year in 1957 to 1 or no deaths annually in 2005, with the last known kuru victim dying in 2009.

Casual cannibalism is not just sin, it is basically just another mechanism by which you voluntarily remove yourself outside of human race and gene pool.
planfox

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:28:07 PM

I think that every person can be brought to this action. Some hunger, some other factors and promises of immortality or power. Everything depends on the price of the issue.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:56:35 PM

Mother Nature and God has you covered.

Kuru is a very rare, incurable neurodegenerative disorder that was formerly common among the Fore people of Papua New Guinea. Kuru is caused by the transmission of abnormally folded prion proteins, which leads to symptoms such as tremors, loss of coordination, and neurodegeneration.

The term kuru derives from the Fore word kuria or guria ("to shake"), due to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease and kúru itself means "trembling". It is now widely accepted that kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via funerary cannibalism. Deceased family members were traditionally cooked and eaten, which was thought to help free the spirit of the dead. Females and children usually consumed the brain, the organ in which infectious prions were most concentrated, thus allowing for transmission of kuru. The disease was therefore more prevalent among women and children.

While the Fore people stopped eating human meat half a century ago, the disease lingered due to kuru’s long incubation period of anywhere from 10 to over 50 years. The epidemic declined sharply after discarding cannibalism, from 200 deaths per year in 1957 to 1 or no deaths annually in 2005, with the last known kuru victim dying in 2009.

Casual cannibalism is not just sin, it is basically just another mechanism by which you voluntarily remove yourself outside of human race and gene pool.

The prion ailments which impact other creatures besides humans are interesting, and the more I think about it, the more I wonder if it is a 'design feature' rather than a bug insofar as it discourages inefficient behavior should it crop up in one population or another.  The thing which argues against this hypothesis is that it is noted in herbivores (who wouldn't generally be tempted to eat their fallen comrades.)

One thing I've seen over and over again is that humans, and I think other creatures as well, seem to develop a taste for a food source which sustained them in times of hunger.  For instance, one person who grew up during the depression preferred all his life cornbread over any other food.  Even steak.  This because it was what he ate as a child in the hungry times.  It would be interesting to see if the same principle applies (to a minor degree) in populations who needed to resort to cannibalism for survival.  Examples would be populations who's leadership choose to try socialism or communism as a economic system such as the Chinese under Mao.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
savecoin

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:07:01 AM

hell no
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: