Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best buy right now is not Bitcoin, it is ALTCOINS  (Read 7409 times)
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:48:20 PM

I am so fucking tired of altcoins!

Every altcoin I've ever invested in has either been a scam or gone dead in the water after a while. Granted, you can earn a fair amount of BTC on altcoin speculation, but when it comes down to it I might as well should have just put my BTC in cold storage and then forgot about them until the next growthspurt. The amazing amount of bullshit I've been through with the god damn altcoins just hasn't been worth it.

Fuck altcoins, buy BTC. In the long run it's the safest bet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:57:53 PM

There is simply too much noise in the altcoin space. It doesn't matter what amazing features they have, there are simply too many competing coins and NONE of them can separate themselves. You would think LTC is separated, however, I think its volume is largely fake.

I have bought altcoins and won big, I have bought altcoins and lost big. Altcoins are a con mans game right now.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:24:02 AM

I think its better to choose bitter than altcoin because bitcoin is my destiny.
Good luck for some investor there if you want to try altcoin just make sure you afford to lose..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:33:06 AM

To buy altcoins bitcoin is only accepted as payment so you have to have bitcoin and you one of the easiest and fastest way of having it is by buying it. You still have a choice to buy bitcoin.
UnknownUsername

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:32:51 AM

You are either butthurt because btc didnt do good for you.. Please, there is no shitty altcoin can even provide a good service to invest with.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 06:20:34 AM

To buy altcoins bitcoin is only accepted as payment so you have to have bitcoin and you one of the easiest and fastest way of having it is by buying it. You still have a choice to buy bitcoin.

Kraken will be offering direct fiat - Ether gateway like the coinbase of Ethereum. 

Good luck clinging to dying deprecated bitcoin technology. 

Ethereum mist browser is already here,  it makes bitcoin look like a piece of shit.

Sorry about your coin losers, its going the way of the Dodo soon.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:52:23 AM

Kraken will be offering direct fiat - Ether gateway like the coinbase of Ethereum. 

Ethereum mist browser is already here,  it makes bitcoin look like a piece of shit.

ethereum is still nothing and they said at some point that it will use bitcoin on their decentralized platform, so why use their currency?

also ethereum is nothing new really, it's another bitcoin clone
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 08:54:20 AM

Deny reality all you like.   Ethereum IS revolutionary.   Delay investment at your own financial peril.

<-- Click here!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:11:22 AM

Deny reality all you like.   Ethereum IS revolutionary.   Delay investment at your own financial peril.

ethereum is nothing more than freenet done better, i like that they are promoting a decentralized thing, but that's it, i still want to use bitcoin and not a clone of it, which would be pointless

in the end about ethereum i only like their platform not their currency
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:02:44 PM

I'm holding about 85% of my stash in BTC. Then a bit in XMR and ETH and Doge ( because I mined it myself and dont want to sell  Tongue)

I think holding around 90% in BTC and the rest in some established alts is a good bet.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:10:39 PM

Yes, you are right. my experience when bitcoin prices rise, then the altcoin price down and vice versa when the bitcoin prices fell, altcoins prices rise. I ever experienced that.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:55:29 PM

Agree strongly.

Check out another vid I made about it recently:

"Solving Bitcoin's Centralization: NXT vs Clam":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZqnbtzXOI

I think the strongest argument against altcoins is that bitcoin may be the facebook, google, ebay of this world that has the network effect in it's favor and is impossible to beat when you tried to follow their tracks. But with the exception of ebay most of these are actually a second or third version and beat others that had the network effect going long before them. Social networks Friendster, MySpace, search engines Yahoo, MSN all had very strong network effects in their favor, yet the newcomer that offered something much better took it all.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:09:03 PM

Social networks Friendster, MySpace, search engines Yahoo, MSN all had very strong network effects in their favor, yet the newcomer that offered something much better took it all.

But not one single example involved one cent of user money. All they had to do was skip across to the better platform with a couple of clicks. Trying to compare that when there's actual money in the equation makes zero sense.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 01:35:20 PM

Social networks Friendster, MySpace, search engines Yahoo, MSN all had very strong network effects in their favor, yet the newcomer that offered something much better took it all.

But not one single example involved one cent of user money. All they had to do was skip across to the better platform with a couple of clicks. Trying to compare that when there's actual money in the equation makes zero sense.

It is not hard to sell bitcoin for Ethereum.  A couple clicks as you say.  Thousands have done it already.

<-- Click here!
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:46:42 PM

According to me, all alts are just puppets and are going to die one day soon...
For eg.; just see Dogecoins, where they were and where they are now...
Even Ripple was a big scam, so being in Bitcoins is the only way to profit these days, as alts are either just going to scam or die one day by their own users...
We should really not compare alt-techs with the parent one which helped these alts to get to work...

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:09:24 PM

It is not hard to sell bitcoin for Ethereum.  A couple clicks as you say.  Thousands have done it already.

If every Bitcoin user decided Ethereum was the way forward I'd estimate somewhere around 1-5% would actually manage to end up with the same value in ETH before Bitcoin's price turned to dust.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

Exactly, so don't delay.

<-- Click here!
MaxTax

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:24:31 PM

Altcoins are like gambling very risky.
Too many scams happening there, which means you are never sure if you end up losing 90% of your investment.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:05:54 PM

I dont think Altcoins are good investment at all. There is way too much scams in that scene. Altcoins (at least some of them) are mostly good way to coders sharpen their skills and good test ground for things that could one day be implemented in Bitcoin but if you ask me, crypto need maybe few alts (with faster confirms, able to send dust cheaper and anon sending options) and that is all.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:17:36 PM

I dont think Altcoins are good investment at all. There is way too much scams in that scene. Altcoins (at least some of them) are mostly good way to coders sharpen their skills and good test ground for things that could one day be implemented in Bitcoin but if you ask me, crypto need maybe few alts (with faster confirms, able to send dust cheaper and anon sending options) and that is all.
Not all altcoins are scams. There are a few altcoins that can be considered as a good investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: