Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:49:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best buy right now is not Bitcoin, it is ALTCOINS  (Read 7409 times)
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:55:09 AM

I would agree, but you carefully need to pick right one among plenty of crap. Right now, Bitshares is dirt cheap compared to what it offers, and it was falling for too long. Also, Neoscoin seems like it's dead, but actually it's not, small development effort & hype, and there it goes 10x...

Yeah they are a lot that is nothing. When I started to know bitcoin altcoins are very nice to learn from it.
But now I am just going to just do bitcoin I don't have time to do other coins I am a busy man.

Always look the charts if it is going ood or bad if you are going to buy altcoins for new people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:47:09 AM

The BTC price is stable, but Doges already increased from 31 Satoshis to 41 Satoshi/doge.

You are right, but buy now and you'll risk buy on the top of the pump
Puhi

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:10:26 AM

Anything in crypto world with real value (base value more than 0) and growing base value in physical gold is XAURUM. This little coin is the one I have my eyes on.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:23:00 AM

Anything in crypto world with real value (base value more than 0) and growing base value in physical gold is XAURUM. This little coin is the one I have my eyes on.

I don't know man, new altcoins like that with almost no volume are totally not a good idea unless you are trying your luck investing like 0.01, otherwise I don't really see the point since you can't really trade with it with such low volume.
Puhi

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:38:22 AM

I don't know man, new altcoins like that with almost no volume are totally not a good idea unless you are trying your luck investing like 0.01, otherwise I don't really see the point since you can't really trade with it with such low volume.

We'll see... Since new year they have a lot of power on goldmine, daily more than 30g of gold mined per day.
I always have an option to "melt" XAU so they send the physical gold to my home.
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:46:27 AM

We'll see... Since new year they have a lot of power on goldmine, daily more than 30g of gold mined per day.
I always have an option to "melt" XAU so they send the physical gold to my home.

What a really nice fairytale!
Puhi

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:50:45 AM

What a really nice fairytale!

We'll see  Smiley
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:37:43 PM

if you are inexperienced, don't go for altcoins. It's not a nice investment.
Unless you like to lose your money. Then by all means invest loads in altcoins.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:49:52 PM

I believe you must be right. Because no alt bitcoin moves on its own. They highly dependent on bitcoin prices. At the same time the risk of dump is more with any alt coin. To avoid alt coin I believe we don't need any experience, because I learned it from this forum only.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:51:21 PM

I made more money on altcoins like digibytes and diamond coins than bitcoins. You have to open your mind, be flexible and the first of rule of investing is DIVERSIFY. Most people stay with what's comfortable for them and they get slaughtered. Think outside the box if you want success. Do your research and only go for altcoins with 2 or more years of history.

praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:33:47 PM

I believe you must be right. Because no alt bitcoin moves on its own. They highly dependent on bitcoin prices. At the same time the risk of dump is more with any alt coin. To avoid alt coin I believe we don't need any experience, because I learned it from this forum only.

Altcoins is just nice when you are starting with bitcoin.
At least with it you can just learn how to trade and other stuff.

When you are just trying to earn money thru bitcoin and not having a lot experience that is true that you will lose money that is why I am going for bitcoin.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:05:26 PM

I trade in altcoins and yes it can be good, since there are good times.
But there are also bad times. And these days those scam devs are getting better and better.

It's hard to say whom is true and honest and whom is a scammer.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:09:07 PM

Yes a seriously undervalued coin is DigiCube selling very cheap at the moment with 5.3% interest a day. Buy and stake only 4 days for stakestick to ship.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:47:56 PM

I trade in altcoins and yes it can be good, since there are good times.
But there are also bad times. And these days those scam devs are getting better and better.

It's hard to say whom is true and honest and whom is a scammer.

Good post and so true. I've watched the scam progression for the last two years. The scammers are getting more and more sophisticated.  Its impossible to tell who is on the up and up.  Better off not buying.

As far as buying older coins we know are not scams, they have decreased so much in value who knows if they will rebound or die.  None of them seem to be making inroads to real world use.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:08:30 PM

I'm just going to put this out there since every altcoin scammer is piling on this topic to try to pump their shit: 

If there are ANY of the following words associated with an altcoin, it is shit-tier: 

- presale
- IPO
- proof-of-[anything but work] 
- staking
- affiliate
- masternode
- pump 
- interest 
- shares 

So far the only valid 'proof' discovered that can scale economically is proof-of-work.  Proof-of-stake is flawed for a currency until further notice, and unless a cryptocurrency has a chance to ascend to a Tier 2 economy (a transactional economy, and acting as *more* than just a speculative vehicle) then it is bunk.  And unless a cryptocurrency significantly improves upon Bitcoin from a technological perspective (shuffling variables is not significant improvement) then it has no reason to exist. 

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
HydroThunder

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:09:22 PM

I'm just going to put this out there since every altcoin scammer is piling on this topic to try to pump their shit: 

If there are ANY of the following words associated with an altcoin, it is shit-tier: 

- presale
- IPO
- proof-of-[anything but work] 
- staking
- affiliate
- masternode
- pump 
- interest 
- shares 

So far the only valid 'proof' discovered that can scale economically is proof-of-work.  Proof-of-stake is flawed for a currency until further notice.
Coins with PoW that waste a ton of electricity sure are the future right? Nothing gets investors excited like a coin that requires ever expanding resources in order to secure the network.
SISAR (OP)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:53:42 PM

Many people here are bashing PoS coins because of one (1) stupid article where author calculated that if the biggest NXT forger continues forging for like 1000 years he will get 51% of total coins. Absolutely laughable. Like, he is that stupid to compromise his enormous wealth by actualy performing 51% attack. Just like Satoshi is stupid and will one day dump his incredibly massive BTC bags down to zero USD.

In the other news, Factom (FCT) is +70% for the day with 2,500+ BTC volume.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_fct
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:53:36 AM

Coins with PoW that waste a ton of electricity sure are the future right? Nothing gets investors excited like a coin that requires ever expanding resources in order to secure the network.

Money must be expensive to create.  That's what gives it value.  

A rock that came from a planet a thousand light years away is more valuable than a child's macaroni art.  

A coin that was forged through millions of computers all competing using a network measured in zettahashes (PoW) is more valuable than a coin given out to someone for sitting on a large stack of already minted coins (PoS).  

You may not understand money as well as you think.  It's not a bug that Bitcoin or Monero is so hard to create - it's a feature.  

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
CrypticTrader

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:46:28 AM

thanks for all the advice
SISAR (OP)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:48:02 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 12:05:18 PM by SISAR

Money must be expensive to create.  That's what gives it value.  

A rock that came from a planet a thousand light years away is more valuable than a child's macaroni art.  

A coin that was forged through millions of computers all competing using a network measured in zettahashes (PoW) is more valuable than a coin given out to someone for sitting on a large stack of already minted coins (PoS).  

You may not understand money as well as you think.  It's not a bug that Bitcoin or Monero is so hard to create - it's a feature.  

If you waste all available energy on mining some PoW coin you will end up with zeroes and ones stored somewhere (HDDs or whatever) that are useless because you have no energy to start the show. Or if we go hardcore physics, since everything is energy, you would end up with nothing, literary. Right there you should see a big difference BTC vs anything physical. BTC is immaterial and requires so many things to function in order to be of some use while everything material stands on it's own. Gold and diamonds are pretty much indestructable and you don't have to use any energy or whatever else to maintain their qualities and properties. Hence all cryptocoins suck in a grand scheme of things.

If it is not up to human greed and a need to secure the network (so failed specie we are) one could run the show with average computer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: