Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <Bounty> 1 BTC for the least worded T-Shirt  (Read 9830 times)
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 10:51:02 AM

A couple of thoughts: People would not want to read a long sentence on a T-shirt. A couple of words might grab their attention, but if one needs to read like 10 words to understand what it is about it's just kinda useless.

A bullet list might work if individual items are catchy. But it doesn't look good on a T-shirt.

However!, there might be a way to make such list visually appealing.

For example, use arrows, like this: http://imgur.com/pNZey (This isn't a submission, I'm just demonstrating an idea.)

It is supposed to mean that a combination of desires (like desire for freedom from banking system) and technical innovations lead to evolution of currency which is represented by Bitcoin. Visual design like arrows can convey logic flow and structure, while words simply describe concepts involved.

It's possible to use different layout, like mind map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
Can be hierarchical.

Perhaps it makes sense to separate desires from tech traits. Like:

freedom from the banking system {and other things} => Bitcoin => peer to peer payments on internet

Chromia: a better dapp platform
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 12:07:59 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 12:26:00 PM by deepceleron

I guess it's time to wind this little contest down. But before I do, how about one more submission?

Okay, one to win this thing...

killerstorm
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 12:51:15 PM

This one is truly awesome. This metaphor captures pretty much all traits of bitcoin (perhaps, in a subtle way) except limited coinage. But perhaps even that is hinted by gold hue of the logo, although it's a bit too subtle, I guess.

deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 03:13:16 AM

Inspired by the above post from the thread entitled What is Bitcoin? (In 21 words), I offer up the following challenge.

I will pay BTC1 to the person whom best my 14 word submission on a Tee depicted in the image below the rules.

• Must contain 14 words or less, explaining Bitcoin to the masses in a concise way.
  • Must be grammatically correct.
  • Must be written in E-Prime.
  • Must be presented as an image of a Tee (or similar) with the wording legible (no funky font).
  • The use of a Bitcoin symbol is preferred but not mandatory.
  • Based on at least 10 different members submitting at least one design (multiple submissions allowed).
  • Feel free to even improve upon my submission.
  • Time frame will be 7 days.
  • Judging will be solely by me, but will give considerable weight to comments on quality submissions.

Hopefully, there'll be no need to modify the rules above, but I reserve the right to amend them. Fear not, for I've proven to be über fair.

~Bruno K~
Jakers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:22:59 AM

I

Support

"Picture of Bitcoin"

Why risk losing money with Paypal, when you can use Bitcoin?

I <3 Bitcoin

Bitcoin, the new Paypal, but without the risk of (losing money)/(chargebacks) <----- one or the other

Watch out Paypal! I support Bitcoin!

Look forward to hearing from you   Smiley

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

I guess it's time to wind this little contest down. But before I do, how about one more submission?

Love it. On the back I might want something like:
 BTC an idea too big to fail.

[edit] from Wikipedia:

E-Prime (short for English-Prime, sometimes denoted E′) is a prescriptive version of the English language that excludes all forms of the verb to be. E-Prime does not allow the conjugations of to be—be, am, is, are, was, were, been, being

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Jakers

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:33:31 AM

Lol, but Paypal, Moneybookers, Liberty Reserve, all replace paper money. Not really anything that gets the onlookers attention tbh or make them want to look up BTC.

Damn and all my submissions were about PP because you said do you best to copy the shirt, didn't read the rules. lol

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 03:43:08 AM

That is a phrase associated with bailing out banks and has a negative connotation.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:47:21 AM

That is a phrase associated with bailing out banks and has a negative connotation.
Yet it is true. I suppose that the irony is lost on many.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 08:00:14 AM

Just picked up this thread, hope it's not too late to join in. Having a quick think about what might attract people's attention while getting the basic message across, here's a first stab:

Partly depends on who the audience is I guess...

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
killerstorm
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:55:00 AM

Lol, but Paypal, Moneybookers, Liberty Reserve, all replace paper money.

Not really. Paper money is more-or-less anonymous and decentralized, and so is Bitcoin.

Centralized services cannot offer anonymity of that kind. They are more like an internetsy version of electronic money, but NOT paper money replacement.

Not really anything that gets the onlookers attention tbh or make them want to look up BTC.

Yep maybe it is a bit too subtle, but on the other hand comparing Bitcoin to PayPal is just distasteful IMHO.

Jakers

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:50:02 AM

Lol, but Paypal, Moneybookers, Liberty Reserve, all replace paper money.

Not really. Paper money is more-or-less anonymous and decentralized, and so is Bitcoin.

Centralized services cannot offer anonymity of that kind. They are more like an internetsy version of electronic money, but NOT paper money replacement.

Not really anything that gets the onlookers attention tbh or make them want to look up BTC.

Yep maybe it is a bit too subtle, but on the other hand comparing Bitcoin to PayPal is just distasteful IMHO.

Yeah :/ , I would of done something different but all I read from the main post was "make a shirt that is similar to this one" and it was about Paypal D: lol.

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:42:28 PM

the BTC might be a little large. but you can design your own here: http://bitcoin.spreadshirt.com/

unfortunately no paying with bitcoins  Cry
wabashky

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 09:41:14 AM

How About:

Global Currency
    Without Banks
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:46:30 PM

Bitcoin, because paypal isn't your friend

hi
scribe

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 09:50:19 PM

How About:

Global Currency
    Without Banks

Yeah, I thought that too, but went with "Worldwide Money" as I thought it sounded a bit more down-to-earth. "Global Currency" sounds like a global-government thing IMHO - at a time when distrust of banks and international organisations is pretty low, I figured it was best to avoid things that sounded like them.

Also people see "currency" as something other than what they can spend right now. Which is kind of true-ish here, but no point in putting people off unnecessarily Smiley "Money" feels more practical.

Having said all that, I'll knock up a "Global currency" one some time soon, if people like it.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 10:51:57 PM

Power to the people?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

These t-shirts are very nice

in this thread is a good logo
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138493.msg1475602#msg1475602
BTCelieve

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 05:26:55 AM

I'm not seeking a bounty, but wanted to try something I came up with before I read this thread, because I'm generalizing a process that I see happening in the forums.

Bitcoin records pseudonymous payments into a permanent non-corruptible public ledger for free.

I suppose a shirt with that on it might be a bit embarrassing to wear except to an engineering or other nerd-type convention.  That sentence is now in the public domain.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:47:24 AM

BTCelieve
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: