Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S7+ somewho knows anything?  (Read 2705 times)
carlosmnk (OP)

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:32:26 PM

Hi, I was reading some time ago about Bitmain was thinking to release latelly this month a new version of the s7, called s7+, but i saw that the s7 changed the design from 162 chips to 135 chips with a voltage regulator (i think).
What do you think? The S7+ is the actual S7 new design or they will release something better? Is that why they lowered the S7's price at the B9?

PS: I love speculate  Tongue

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:10:59 PM

Hi, I was reading some time ago about Bitmain was thinking to release latelly this month a new version of the s7, called s7+, but i saw that the s7 changed the design from 162 chips to 135 chips with a voltage regulator (i think).
What do you think? The S7+ is the actual S7 new design or they will release something better? Is that why they lowered the S7's price at the B9?

Dunno, you read about a S7+ where? I would not be surprised if they released a monster, but i'm warry of Bitmain right now, considering we're seeing several problems with the S7, like issues that we had with the S5. (Stuff burning down when internet connection is lost)

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:47:56 PM

Dunno, you read about a S7+ where? I would not be surprised if they released a monster, but i'm warry of Bitmain right now, considering we're seeing several problems with the S7, like issues that we had with the S5. (Stuff burning down when internet connection is lost)

There has been nothing official that I have seen as far as a S7+.   Only thing I have seen is people talk about it as speculation.... but that does not mean anything.  The S5+ is a great miner they used it to get rid of chips quick and it did that very good.

So if Bitmain want's to release a next gen ... it's possible we might see a S7+.  But I'm not for sure on it really.  I think it's easier to just sell S7's then making a new product.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:11:06 AM

well i'm assuming that their tradition is to make a "+" version for each of their miners, so s7 will not be excluded, we only need to wait at this point
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 11:20:49 AM

I doubt it would be coming this month but knowing on how they've done with the previous generations then there would certainly be a + version of S7 and that might also explain the the new price of S7 on the website but regarding if the latest S7 is the new S7+ then I have to say most likely not on this matter and a new one would be presented some time soon.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:51:00 AM

assuming they use 162 chip version * 6 boards  (good chips batch) with little oc/uc, you will still need at least 2500W psu to power the miner for roughly 10th/s.

my guess will be NO S7+

sales will cont for S7 till they're sold out.

Most likely S9 with newer gen chips but again it's gonna be pricey.

my guess, we "should" see something AFTER lunar new year (in feb) somewhere around late march early april.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:45:06 AM

The S5+ was the first and so far ONLY " + " model out of Bitmain.

It is SPECULATED that they might release a S7+ model (the controller board supports enough boards) but nothing official has ever been mentioned.

I suspect that 28nm is going to become obsolete before Bitmain gets around to releasing an S7+ model, as they seem to be selling as many regular S7 models as they can make currently.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:47:53 AM

The S5+ was the first and so far ONLY " + " model out of Bitmain.

It is SPECULATED that they might release a S7+ model (the controller board supports enough boards) but nothing official has ever been mentioned.

I suspect that 28nm is going to become obsolete before Bitmain gets around to releasing an S7+ model, as they seem to be selling as many regular S7 models as they can make currently.

The S4+ doesnt count? Or S3++?

It seem a bit early for a S7+ But i don't know how much good it would do anyways. The BM1385 is already getting outclassed, Bitmain is not keeping up with the super efficient private mines.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:29:11 PM

Doesn't it take at least 6-9 months to manufacteur a new chip? Most likely no new technology from them at least until the Summer.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:32:30 PM

I also dont think we ll see any major chip upgrade before halving or just before it. Cause it the price starts going up, lots us new chips re gonna emerge again. If not, there s no funding for development.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:32:36 PM

I think the S5+ was just a way of getting rid of a lot of BM1384 chips shortly before the S7 was released. So you could speculate that if we see an S7+ then a BM1386 Based S9 is about to be released? As to when this will happen I suspect Bitmain has it under control and will be ready with the next Miner when the Market / Network demands it?

They will in the mean time continue to ship as many S7 as they can, particularly while they have the best value Miner on the market, made easier by Bitfury not being there yet with their 14nm chip and who knows how many Spondoolies SP50 have been deployed?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:41:46 AM

Doesn't it take at least 6-9 months to manufacteur a new chip? Most likely no new technology from them at least until the Summer.

Longer of late, but why are you ASSUMING they didn't start working on 14/16nm quite a few months back?

S3+ and S4+ were totally different concepts from the S5+, they don't really count the same way - though I had forgotten about them, and they are + designated models, just not the S5+ type like the S7+ speculation was talking about.

I will NOT be supprised if there is an S9 model released before the halfing, in response to releases or announced releases from other manufacturer(s).

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
carlosmnk (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:29:15 PM

Longer of late, but why are you ASSUMING they didn't start working on 14/16nm quite a few months back?

S3+ and S4+ were totally different concepts from the S5+, they don't really count the same way - though I had forgotten about them, and they are + designated models, just not the S5+ type like the S7+ speculation was talking about.

I will NOT be supprised if there is an S9 model released before the halfing, in response to releases or announced releases from other manufacturer(s).

Yes, i was thinking about an S7+, same chip, but more efficient design, like the S4+ (perphaps 0.20 J/Gh?), not like the S5+ -they have the option to make an S8 instead-
And i think they are developing the 14/16nm chip since last months, too, so i think they will release an S9 in 3/4 months, but who knows...  Roll Eyes

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:39:20 PM

I'm guessing an s7+ would be a 3xs7 in one.  The plugs are already there I think for the controller.  So 4000watts almost and 15ths. 
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:39:53 PM

amazing, 6 fans ? 3 or 4 psu to power 1 miner ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GL to those who do not have 220/240V

mobile bbq machine, hot air blower
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:46:42 AM

amazing, 6 fans ? 3 or 4 psu to power 1 miner ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GL to those who do not have 220/240V

mobile bbq machine, hot air blower

It would take 220/240 for pretty much everyone if they do a S7+.   It will no doubt will be a lot of watts if they use it.  To run so many 110/120 vs 220/240 wires would not make much sense.

With winter it is not that hard for most on cooling.   In my mining area I have turned down all the fan's.  But it would not be a issue if they put one out for me.  Biggest thing that would matter to me is price.
carlosmnk (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:18:07 AM

I'm smelling something new from bitmain next week... Maybe a new Batch, or maybe a new miner version, or something else...  Roll Eyes

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:48:17 AM

They already announced delivery date of around 30 January for their next batch - and FINALLY dropped the price some, though not enough to matter.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:57:51 PM

I'm smelling something new from bitmain next week... Maybe a new Batch, or maybe a new miner version, or something else...  Roll Eyes

Most likely I think it will be a new batch as were so close to batch 9 being here.  So it is almost certain that will happen.  Possibly a little pricedrop will come with it.

But I think a little longer before we see next gen stuff.  I could be wrong I just think current gen at lower price is most likely. And that is pure speculation I have no good solid info on that.
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:45:19 AM

Most likely I think it will be a new batch as were so close to batch 9 being here.  So it is almost certain that will happen.  Possibly a little pricedrop will come with it.

But I think a little longer before we see next gen stuff.  I could be wrong I just think current gen at lower price is most likely. And that is pure speculation I have no good solid info on that.

There so much speculation nowadays surrounding mining due to the upcoming halving so bitcoin price COULD rise as it becomes rarer but of course your mined coins will be cut in half as well. To maintain current ROI levels, the bitcoin price should at least double its prices when the halving happens or else you could be in a loss. But who knows, we can only speculate at the moment.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: