Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:49:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:28:17 AM

The banks will never dissappear. We need the bank, like it or not. Need a loan? Go to the bank. Want to save money? Go to the bank. Need to store your money somewhere? Go to the bank.

You are correct there mate! As long as there is a fiat money in existing, banks will always be there. It will really not disappear anytime soon. It will however, coexist with bitcoin though.

Banks are the strongest financial institution that we have since a long time and those are too big in the size and have support from the government and comparatively biitcoin is too small so banks are not going anywhere in future.

Yes banks are one of the biggest institution in the world that has been part of the society eversince it begins. Bitcoin cannot make it disappear because it is very centralized and we even have a world bank. It is regulated by the government worldwide.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:15:08 AM

im sure it can...but it will take a long time to make bank dissapear...
but make sure that all people know what is btc...in my country just a less people know bitcoin...
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:24:54 AM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

Bitcoin would exist.But at the same time,banks too would exist.Banks consider bitcoin as their main rival.Even in future,due to market pressure,banks too would start to provide services in bitcoin.Banks provide service to customers and they may start accepting bitcoin payments to satisfy their customers.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:25:10 AM

Bitcoin can not make bank disappear. Cryptocurrency will be the new form of currency which will defeat the bank and the whole bank system collapse. Mark my words. IN about 40 years later, there will be no FIAT banks

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:59:47 AM

Yes of course can make banks dissapear, here's the thing feared banks, because if the use of the bitcoin's getting massive then the customer will leave banks and choose the bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

madmanjoe

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:02:15 AM

I don't think so, bitcoin is a very solid financial system as a coin and that's my opinion, But banks do cover more than that, giving loans to traders based on their reviews and making profit and giving interest to traders.
That might be because BTC is still too new, but their is nothing like that in BTC and even loaning sites are inefficient now.
arcanayou

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:09:19 AM

It will not, bitcoin will probably grow rapidly and will be used all the people but will not make Banks disappear, banks are still needed until whenever the economy of a country can run smoothly. Maybe the bank can be a place to store and distribute bitcoin, we can borrow bitcoin from the bank
Ashtville

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:04:59 PM

I don't think so, the current financial system is very much linked with banks, with the whole process of lending being the fuel of economy and investment in the developed world, Even if BTC does go mainstream I don't see the financial system crumbling to dust and hence banks staying, They might look different though.
JimmieA

Activity: 396

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:33:02 PM

but make sure that all people know what is btc...in my country just a less people know bitcoin...

In my view, this can not happen. Although this is only my opinion, I think the state banking system will not easily disappear due to the emergence of a digital currency. When btc is popular around the world, it will exist alongside other conventional currencies. do you think so?

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Rifat989

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:54:26 PM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

No bitcoin cant make banks disappear.
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:53:43 PM

My opinion is that banks won't disappear but will change significantly. Today banks are almost indestructible, if they are collapsing country must save them. So they just can't lose. This is all  just because FIAT currencies which they (banks) have control of. There will still be institutions which will lend you money, where you can pay bills etc. But they won't have so much control as today in system we have. (please correct me if I am wrong!)
So we can say it won't make banks disappear but it will definitely change them a lot!

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
BitcoinPricingtool

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:56:44 PM

No one knows for sure, since BTC is starting to get mass adopted and used worldwide as an investment and is shifting the financial system from top to bottom, taking the place of banks is difficult to expect but only with BTC I think it can happen. My opinion those would change a little but not be gone or changed fundamentally.
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:20:51 PM

I don't think that bitcoin make banks to disappear, the reason behind this is  that mostly people around the world either do not know about the bitcoin or not interested in online currencies. Other thing is the source of bitcoin as you never know the source which will cause some problems.

Also bitcoin is an digital currency and for making banks to disappear different stats will have to legalize the bitcoin which i don't think is possible in near future.
ppaul15

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:34:16 PM

No bitcoin can't make banks disappear. Banks aren't depending on bitcoin, no matter how a hit bitcoin would possibly get in the near future. There are usually going to be individuals or people who will use bitcoin without having any other alternative options.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:40:14 PM

In my view, this can not happen. Although this is only my opinion, I think the state banking system will not easily disappear due to the emergence of a digital currency. When btc is popular around the world, it will exist alongside other conventional currencies. do you think so?

Banking industry in the whole world is so vast and really a success. They are playing big role for a country's income growth while at the same time helping people thru various services. If banks will dissappear did most of the people here thinks that bitcoin can fill those gaps? Remember that bitcoin is a currency and not a institutions so still a bitcoin bank is no different to normal fiat banks.

Im disagree with this kind of belief. Let just bitcoin give us good advantage but not to the extent that it will replaced banks. It's a disaster once banking industry world dies and bitcoin will be the one who will replaced on it.
hawthelegend

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:08:45 PM

Well, honestly i think that that is just impossible to happen, because the way i see it, banks are just like living things that adapt to its surroundings. And its form of adaptation to its bitcoin problem would probably be befriending his enemy instead and try to focus more on the benefits it can get from bitcoins rather than the minor issues that it hates. But if ever it so happens that banks really do disappear, then my friend, we'd already be long gone by then, along with all our grea great great great great grand children..

But hey, i havent studied bitcoins and banks that much, that's just my opinion regarding the topic, so yeah, i ain't a good source for infos. Just sayin'
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:26:24 PM

Well, honestly i think that that is just impossible to happen, because the way i see it, banks are just like living things that adapt to its surroundings. And its form of adaptation to its bitcoin problem would probably be befriending his enemy instead and try to focus more on the benefits it can get from bitcoins rather than the minor issues that it hates. But if ever it so happens that banks really do disappear, then my friend, we'd already be long gone by then, along with all our grea great great great great grand children..

But hey, i havent studied bitcoins and banks that much, that's just my opinion regarding the topic, so yeah, i ain't a good source for infos. Just sayin'

You're basically saying that those are just your availability heuristics. You used your imagination without relying to any information or without conducting any research at all. I think that we're far from what you're thinking.

The banks can adopt bitcoins, everyone can adopt bitcoins, but will they? We will be long gone before those questions are going to be answered. It just seems so ironic if the banks start using bitcoin because the whole point of bitcoin is removing the use of trusted third parties such as the bank. We'll be back to square one if people started using bitcoins through the banks.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:38:53 PM

I don't think so, bitcoin is a very solid financial system as a coin and that's my opinion, But banks do cover more than that, giving loans to traders based on their reviews and making profit and giving interest to traders.
That might be because BTC is still too new, but their is nothing like that in BTC and even loaning sites are inefficient now.

What's your point, though, when all of that can actually be achieved in bitcoins. First, the profits that you make from the banks. You barely get 5% from the banks annually. You can invest tons of money but you'd still just get a couple of bucks for holding it in a long time. In bitcoins, when you hold it just as long, the profit is unbelievable.

For loans, just like in any banks, you can also get a loan someone from the bitcoin world but you also need a collateral. If you have a digital good that is a valid collateral, then you'll get a loan. You can also get a loan using a physical item but it costs a lot to ship the item to your escrow and then ship it to the lender in case you defaulted the loan. Anyway, the things that you mentioned are still achievable in bitcoins.

douglock

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:50:58 PM

The banks will never dissappear. We need the bank, like it or not. Need a loan? Go to the bank. Want to save money? Go to the bank. Need to store your money somewhere? Go to the bank.
LOl. Retard. We do need a loan from a bank in some situation, but I am not an idiot to save my money in the bank? I will buy gold and save it in my house or buy bitcoin and store it n my computer. Simple
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:02:35 PM

LOl. Retard. We do need a loan from a bank in some situation, but I am not an idiot to save my money in the bank? I will buy gold and save it in my house or buy bitcoin and store it n my computer. Simple

Either you have a solid security in your house or you don't that much money to care about. We do need the banks even when storing our gold. Obviously, something precious in our house is in a vault. You're not going to just place your gold at some place in your house where the visitors can find it. Even in places like under your bed or behind a bookshelf, a family member is still going to eventually find it. Vault is still the way to go for storing your gold but when thieves come in, they'll force you to say the code of it.

Obviously your house is much less secured than the banks. You don't have your own security guard, the banks does. The bank has an alarm system, you probably have too but are your doors strong enough for people to not be able to force their way in. And the banks also have a huge vault which can't easily be broken.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: