Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BUZZCOIN - OPENSOURCE NON-PROFIT BLOCKCHAIN IMPLEMENTATION TO SAVE THE BEES  (Read 101502 times)
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:20:29 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 01:09:12 AM by SockPuppetAccount

Isn't 25% a little bit much for TX?

It encourages long term staking plus it reduces inflation and allows for POW miners to get in on the action as the fees are 50/50 destroyed or rewarded to POW miners.

The 25% Tx fee is crucial and part of what I liked about this one.  It isn't aiming to be a coin for micro-transactions.  This coin could be like a new and improved version of TEK if it takes off.

Why is my wallet stuck at block 273 ?

I downloaded the new wallet and this is the first time opening the coin, I even tried to delete everything besides wallet.dat afterwards and still no dice...

Try to delete everything again and add the nodes.... Sockpuppet gave a great walk through a few posts back. Follow those steps and you should be good.

I did follow those steps and am not new to altcoins, perhaps give me the old windows wallet download so I can sync up till the fork and then open the new wallet and continue on, did you change the revision numbers for the client so their isn't any compatibility problems with older clients running ?

I have done the above over 10 times thinking it was a slow wallet but it just hangs on block 273 and when closing the wallet it continues to run in the background unless ending its process...

Are you still having issues?  I will upload a bootstrap if you need it.

I gave up trying but if you were to upload a boostrap for buzzcoin then I would be willing to try it again.

Check back in an hour and two and I'll have it ready.

EDIT : Sorry, it's not working.  I don't know how to make a "proper" bootstrap, I just take the blk0001.dat file, rename it bootstrap.dat, and it works just fine 99% of the time. 

I did the same thing here and went to test it before uploading.  I cleared out my buzzcoin appdata folder except for a buzzcoin.conf file with connect=0 in it so I wouldn't connect to the network, and fired up the client.  It seemed to be going fine until I hit the infamous block 273 you mentioned in your post.  Yes, that's right, even completely locally and not connected to the network I could not load up past block 273 from a bootstrap.

I then cleared out my appdata folder completely and tried to sync from scratch by connecting to the network normally.  Again, it stopped at block 273.

I was going to try to sync using the bootstrap and the old client, because my theory is that something to do with the fork and client update makes that block unable to be processed by the new client or something.  Unfortunately, I deleted the original client already.

So, I guess all we can really do is wait for our dev to see this and hopefully he can figure out what the issue is.  The 25% Tx fees were not working when the coin was first released but he was able to get that functional.  This coin is a bit more complicated than your average cut/paste clonecoin so I'll cut him some slack and assume he will keep plugging away at it to all the bugs get worked out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 05:14:30 AM

It encourages long term staking plus it reduces inflation and allows for POW miners to get in on the action as the fees are 50/50 destroyed or rewarded to POW miners.

The 25% Tx fee is crucial and part of what I liked about this one.  It isn't aiming to be a coin for micro-transactions.  This coin could be like a new and improved version of TEK if it takes off.

I downloaded the new wallet and this is the first time opening the coin, I even tried to delete everything besides wallet.dat afterwards and still no dice...

Try to delete everything again and add the nodes.... Sockpuppet gave a great walk through a few posts back. Follow those steps and you should be good.

I did follow those steps and am not new to altcoins, perhaps give me the old windows wallet download so I can sync up till the fork and then open the new wallet and continue on, did you change the revision numbers for the client so their isn't any compatibility problems with older clients running ?

I have done the above over 10 times thinking it was a slow wallet but it just hangs on block 273 and when closing the wallet it continues to run in the background unless ending its process...

I gave up trying but if you were to upload a boostrap for buzzcoin then I would be willing to try it again.

EDIT : Sorry, it's not working.  I don't know how to make a "proper" bootstrap, I just take the blk0001.dat file, rename it bootstrap.dat, and it works just fine 99% of the time. 

I did the same thing here and went to test it before uploading.  I cleared out my buzzcoin appdata folder except for a buzzcoin.conf file with connect=0 in it so I wouldn't connect to the network, and fired up the client.  It seemed to be going fine until I hit the infamous block 273 you mentioned in your post.  Yes, that's right, even completely locally and not connected to the network I could not load up past block 273 from a bootstrap.

I then cleared out my appdata folder completely and tried to sync from scratch by connecting to the network normally.  Again, it stopped at block 273.

I was going to try to sync using the bootstrap and the old client, because my theory is that something to do with the fork and client update makes that block unable to be processed by the new client or something.  Unfortunately, I deleted the original client already.

So, I guess all we can really do is wait for our dev to see this and hopefully he can figure out what the issue is.  The 25% Tx fees were not working when the coin was first released but he was able to get that functional.  This coin is a bit more complicated than your average cut/paste clonecoin so I'll cut him some slack and assume he will keep plugging away at it to all the bugs get worked out.

Looking into it!

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:23:16 AM

EDIT : Sorry, it's not working.  I don't know how to make a "proper" bootstrap, I just take the blk0001.dat file, rename it bootstrap.dat, and it works just fine 99% of the time.  

I did the same thing here and went to test it before uploading.  I cleared out my buzzcoin appdata folder except for a buzzcoin.conf file with connect=0 in it so I wouldn't connect to the network, and fired up the client.  It seemed to be going fine until I hit the infamous block 273 you mentioned in your post.  Yes, that's right, even completely locally and not connected to the network I could not load up past block 273 from a bootstrap.

I then cleared out my appdata folder completely and tried to sync from scratch by connecting to the network normally.  Again, it stopped at block 273.

I was going to try to sync using the bootstrap and the old client, because my theory is that something to do with the fork and client update makes that block unable to be processed by the new client or something.  Unfortunately, I deleted the original client already.

So, I guess all we can really do is wait for our dev to see this and hopefully he can figure out what the issue is.  The 25% Tx fees were not working when the coin was first released but he was able to get that functional.  This coin is a bit more complicated than your average cut/paste clonecoin so I'll cut him some slack and assume he will keep plugging away at it to all the bugs get worked out.

Looking into it!

Wow it happened to you too even though you were originally synced up.

I agree with your theory that you would need the original Buzzcoin Wallet to sync up until the hardfork and then change to the New Buzzcoin Wallet.

It could also very well be down to the client revision numbers and the nodes that are running the newer wallets are trying to send newer data to older clients because it thinks they are the same revisions.

I can't check because I don't have the old wallet either.

E.G v1.2.0.0 is an old client, then new Hardfork client revision numbers should be changed different to something like v1.3.0.0 or v1.2.1.0

An old coin called Emoticoin had the exact same problems which seems eras back but the network was riddled with upgraded clients with same revision numbers which caused the forks.
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 01:43:04 PM

Ok follow these steps until we have a permanent fix.

Download old wallet
https://mega.nz/#!WNQWkZwJ!gSYTN44sm2TUqT5XOPokm45MwSO4aEkvu97d0dkLhFc Roll Eyes

Go to roaming and make a backup of your wallet.dat file

Clear out everything except wallet.dat

Open old wallet

Go to settings, options, then reserve more coins than you know that you have (to prevent them from staking and going onto a fork)

Let wallet scync up to current block

Close wallet and reopen NEW WALLET

Go back to settings, options, then unreserve and start staking Smiley

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:40:37 PM

Download old wallet
https://mega.nz/#!WNQWkZwJ!gSYTN44sm2TUqT5XOPokm45MwSO4aEkvu97d0dkLhFc Roll Eyes

Open old wallet

Go to settings, options, then reserve more coins than you know that you have (to prevent them from staking and going onto a fork)

The download is locked with an encryption.... share the file with everyone.

EDIT: Link is working now.
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:14:32 AM

That above method finally worked, a long time to stake from faucet coins Shocked
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 01:45:29 AM

Updated op with new images (Thanks! kondiomir)

buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:34:02 AM

market so sloooooow
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 03:08:19 PM

Please upload it to normal hosting or GitHub.

Download old wallet

Open old wallet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 03:22:27 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2016, 03:44:55 PM by BUZZCOINproject2

Download old wallet

Open old wallet

You should just need to update to the new client since you should be scynced past block 273 already. Here is the github

https://github.com/BUZZCOINproject/buzzcoin

Edit: Saw that you are stuck on block 273. Here is the old source
https://mega.nz/#!mAxlSZCR!rfW_NjK2u15HgV0tYqasW6qlDOoZrLa2kY96pwePKGc

BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 06:40:04 PM

Download old wallet

Open old wallet

Github link was provided. Do you need something else? Wallet is still in maintenance

BigCat45

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

Bigboss

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:55:55 AM

I guess staking someones coins with high APR is not a problem for YoBit ...
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:19:08 AM

I guess staking someones coins with high APR is not a problem for YoBit ...

Yeah sucks we have been sending messages and support tickets. We are in talks with a few other exchanges should be listed shortly.

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 05:35:27 AM

good to hear that

buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:41:41 PM

holy spreads! if i didnt know better i'd say market was dead in the water ...
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:00:32 PM

The Yobit wallet has been in maintenance for almost a week now… We've been trying to get them to update. Once they bring deposits and withdrawals back online you'll see the market back up. No one wants to buy coins they can't withdrawal  Wink

diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:26:14 PM

The Yobit wallet has been in maintenance for almost a week now… We've been trying to get them to update. Once they bring deposits and withdrawals back online you'll see the market back up. No one wants to buy coins they can't withdrawal  Wink

Report Update/Issue/Fork
https://yobit.net/en/reportupdate/BUZZ

BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:28:24 PM

Report Update/Issue/Fork

We've submitted it several times Smiley

BigCat45

Bigboss

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:28:39 PM

In the mean time please sell to me Smiley
BigCat45

Bigboss

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:31:48 PM

Report Update/Issue/Fork

Submitted too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: